• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourny cancelled, made into smashfest. Practice b4 Apex!

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Y
And you mention how as a TO, i have to cater my region. As a TO i have to think about the majority of people. If anything I was successful for the Naples region. You know, part of your responsibility as the leader of ur crew is to help your region out too and the people in it. Hosting tournaments only in fgcu and banning superwolf from them doesnt exactly help anyone out but yourself.
FGCU Crew hosted 4 tourneys last year that naples was invited to and did show.

i can list links to results if you would like.

your once again ignorant.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Meh, i dont really care, payout is practically the same as your most successful tourney. And if i remember correctly there was a lot of complaining on the way u ran it or how u dealt with situations and such.

If you want the fgcu crew to be garbage por vida thats up to you man, im simply just trying to get u guys to look at things realistically and then you can improve.

....Naples only shows to them because its free money. who wouldnt show up for an ez $100. And i was referring to ur most recent tourney. U told ****** that ppl outside of fgcu couldnt go to the tourney, yet mink still went. Lying to ur attendance is part of being a bad TO just saying.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
No one take anything offensive from my following posts.
As everyone in the community knows, i am a nice and friendly guy.
But now i'm pissed.

well if you *******s wouldve went, it wouldve been more lol. Not to mention fgcu crew randomly didnt show up last minute. Also, a lot of ppl showed up but didnt enter. there were 30 people there.
First off. FGCU Crew consists (to the best of my knowledge, counting only players that would pay more than a 3$ entry.)
Abscent - Port Charlotte
TRA - Legit Family Johns
SSGuy - Lives in Jupiter and has money johns
Viper - Doesn't have a car and lives in Auberndale for summer
Shin - Billy is legit. I'm really happy he showed. Good stuff billy.
Mao - Never goes to tournaments outside of a 2 mile radius cause of g/f johns.

Not to mention i'm in orlando. Next post.

Shin showed up though from ur crew, shoutouts to him for being legit.
Billy is legit.

Yes you are right, cfl was booty for not showing up either
It's my birthday next week.
Pretty much the rest of CFL doesn't have a good enough car, or doesn't want to drive long distance with their car. I understand that i am a main orlando driver, and i'm sorry if i gave ANYONE the wrong idea that i WAS infact going. I know a few people were upset, but i did state on the thread 2 weeks ago i wasn't going.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Meh, i dont really care, payout is practically the same as your most successful tourney. And if i remember correctly there was a lot of complaining on the way u ran it or how u dealt with situations and such.

If you want the fgcu crew to be garbage por vida thats up to you man, im simply just trying to get u guys to look at things realistically.

look now we are getting into differences of philosophy on tourneys.

pay outs are nice no doubt. but attendance and bringing in new blood to keep the scene alive is my goal. yours might be cash in the pot.

i host for my region and i host for my school what they want. i cater to them. The players that what to get better can travel with me other wise they play for small money cause they enjoy that.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
well its not so much that u didnt drive to orlando, its more of the fact that no1 in orlando was willing to drive but instead post a thread up like 2 days ago that they were going to have a melee tourney on the same day when i had this a month in advance. That really ****ed up the melee attendance, I didnt like to see the ppl that drove from miami to have to tell me they didnt want to have a tourney.

But mink... I downloaded all the MLP episodes in 720p so u could watch em with me =(
U did go to GA and miami last week though, thats probally like 5x more than the average FGCU player would spend lol

The only person i saw get better was Mink and that guy travels a lot, ur mistaken if u think otherwise

I dont mind training shin though, hes legit. I would like to get a tampa smashfest perhaps with naples somehow.

The way I see it viper, is that I supported ur tourney and you didn't really bother to support mine, it is what it is.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink

If you want the fgcu crew to be garbage por vida thats up to you man, im simply just trying to get u guys to look at things realistically and then you can improve.
Look. Assuming there is at least 3 PRs per tourney, everyone else, besides David Da BEss Torres (he's always an exception) knows that their chances of placing in the money aren't great. When i go to a tournament, i don't pay 10$ and say "Oh man! I'm going to make like, 200$ off this!" I go saying, "It's only 5$. I can afford that. I have college johns. and grocery johns. and gas johns. and life johns". It doesn't matter to me, at ****ing all, how much money first place gets. I want to know how i can get the most MU experience in tournament as i can without breaking bank. And just because people complained, doesn't mean 50 people didn't show up at his last one. Haters gonna hate.

The FGCU crew can choose whether or not they want to go a tournement. The majority of them don't give a flying **** about going pro with this game and it's something they can get into actively on campus. I know deep down Shinibu HATES this game. SSguy, Abscent, TRA and Viper take this game legit, and they all had legit reasons for not coming. As for the other 12 completely new players that play over there, they already don't like having to pay 2$ to play this game. The only reason we charge anything is so that we can get ranked on Rajam's rankings. AND we run amateurs bracket for them so they can get better. This isn't about the money for us, as much as it is for you.

As far as naples goes, they can come up here and take my money all they want. Naples is mah dawgs. Legit. Johnny and Luis are the ****. Everyone has to get on their levels. Including me. I don't care if they come up and earn a free 100$. I don't host tournaments to win big money. I host them to enjoy myself with people i don't get o see too often, and enjoy a fun game.

It's not about the money.

well its not so much that u didnt drive to orlando, its more of the fact that no1 in orlando was willing to drive but instead post a thread up like 2 days ago that they were going to have a melee tourney on the same day when i had this a month in advance. That really ****ed up the melee attendance, I didnt like to see the ppl that drove from miami to have to tell me they didnt want to have a tourney.

But mink... I downloaded all the MLP episodes in 720p so u could watch em with me =(
U did go to GA and miami last week though, thats probally like 5x more than the average FGCU player would spend lol

The only person i saw get better was Mink and that guy travels a lot, ur mistaken if u think otherwise

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
i would have loved to watch MLP with you. But like i said, i'm driving to Estero (40 min from naples) next weekend for my birthday and i REALLY don't want to drive down two weekends in a row.
As for GA, the gas was pretty much paid for, and it was my first OOS.
And miami, David Da Bess Torres can back me up on this, they called me Friday night (at 6, i left at 8) because Action bailed and they needed a ride. They paid for EVERYTHING. All gas, all my food, my tourney, and seibrik helped us with sleeping. These guys took care of me. And i will forever love them for that.

and i can take a legit compliment.
Thanks for complimenting me :3 it makes me happy that other people see improvement. If it wasn't my birthday the following week, i would have been down to go. But, it's my 21st. And i just got a speeding ticket, and i'm going to vegas on the 3rd.
I'm saving money :)

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
what dose that even mean all the players that i play with have improved. It might not be noticeable to you but i know this.

Also about the Nub academy tourneys its school wide or invite. I did not invite naples to the Nub Academy cause that tourney series is not the same atmosphere as FGCU Smash alpha omega spring smash and fall brawl. that is the reason that it is only a $3 entry fee.

I got nothing against that crew. We have worked together a few times now and i hope they understand.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
The way I see it viper, is that I supported ur tourney and you didn't really bother to support mine, it is what it is.
Dude i tryed. you were unwilling to work with the numbers for me. I wanted to go just like last year when i went to we be smashin in PC. I just was not able to commit to this cause of the money man. The players around campus were unable to get the funds to come. thats all i am sayin i am thrilled that you hosted a tourney and untill the last min i was trying to go but **** just fell through man.

EDIT: i am sorry you feel that way.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
The only person I've seen improve since the port charlotte tourney last year was mink. He is the only guy to do decent enough in an actual bracket. Half the time ur crew just flakes out, shows up, and doesn't even enter.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
The only person I've seen improve since the port charlotte tourney last year was mink. He is the only guy to do decent enough in an actual bracket. Half the time ur crew just flakes out, shows up, and doesn't even enter.
if they dont have the money to enter they dont enter. why is this so hard to understand.

btw i also agree with you that mink showed the most improvement over the year than anyone else in my crew.

but if you think i have not shown any improvement in my game since last year i dont think you have seen any of my vids / results i am not even trying to brag or be conceited but i can go back and watch vids of myself and then compare them to newer vids and its pretty apparent i can Oos now lol.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
dude.... i beat u in a falco ditto. I dont even use falco.... If your telling me that ur crew cant perform to the level I did with a character I've never used in tourney b4 than...I don't know what to tell u bro. I don't want to say more cuz than itll just sound like im conceited, im just being realistic with u.

But w/e bro, this is a waste of my time, I'm going to sleep. When u guys come around, I wont mind training u guys from scratch. I'm here the whole summer, I just ask for support is all. But im guessing u guys will want me to pay for ur gas money too.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
dude.... i beat u in a falco ditto. I dont even use falco.... If your telling me that ur crew cant perform to the level I did with a character I've never used in tourney b4 than...I don't know what to tell u bro. I don't want to say more cuz than itll just sound like im conceited, im just being realistic with u.
Viper still beats me in tournament. I guess i'm bad too.
You do sound concieted.

Maybe one day all of our players will wake up and be amazing.
But until that day all we can do is continue training.
I know when i first started, if i hated spending money to play. and i wanted to get good. Alot of these people play this as a hobby.

Just stop with the insults man. It's not necessary. I don't see viper taking any personal shots at you or your crew. Theres no need to insult new players.

Also, i'm officially ****tier than a player who lost to your falco you never use.
Guess i'm not improving too much.

EDIT:

Dew.
Theres a difference between ****ing paying door fee and 10$ to enter, and playing for fun or a bunch of scrubs. Even I don't wanna pay 15$ for singles. Thats why i don't go to NLL.
Legit, i think the turnout was like, 25? At the last nub academy, only the top 7 give a **** about this game. Stop talking like, they actually want to get good, and like you're the god of smash. Viper isn't there for summer. So don't talk to him as if he's going to drive 4.5 hours south to play friendlies with you. Lol.

If you're talking to anyone on this thread, it's billy.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
1. i won aginst your d3 i spiked you on your last stock get at me
2. all games you and i have ever played 1 on 1 were friendlys = dose not matter

do you remember the **** red hal was saying to you on a thread a month or 2 back this was what he was taking about. your just unbelievable.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
You guys and your applebees :p

I can't believe i haven't been to applebees with you guys.
I'm 21 next weekend.
Which means when i go to applebees....
i'm getting... appletinis.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Reading the last 2 pages made me sick. Going to bed after this.

Still can't believe Lade lied to me to win. Guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
Wait wtf how did I lie? Were you under the impression that I said I wouldn't go MK? Because I'd never do that. If you're talking about the character thing, I CP'd you to brinstar, and you said you were staying, then it's my option to change characters... I don't see how I lied...I just counterpicked lol.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
lol dew speaking the truth over here
well if you *******s wouldve went, it wouldve been more lol. Not to mention fgcu crew randomly didnt show up last minute. Also, a lot of ppl showed up but didnt enter. there were 30 people there.

Thanks to everyone that showed up. Hope you had a great time. I tried my best with it, first time holding a brawl tourney, had to wing everything =)

Also, I hoped you liked my to love-ru intro music with epic techno music on my wii...........forever we can make it XD
my bad bro girl johns and no ride johns.

@ mink you lose to viper because your playing almost a unwinnable MU then when you switch to jiggs you just dont have that much experiance.

lol finally a arguement that dosnt have me in it lol

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Reading the last 2 pages made me sick. Going to bed after this.

Wait wtf how did I lie? Were you under the impression that I said I wouldn't go MK? Because I'd never do that. If you're talking about the character thing, I CP'd you to brinstar, and you said you were staying, then it's my option to change characters... I don't see how I lied...I just counterpicked lol.
I'm not saying I'm mad or anything cause ya know ya gotta do whatcha gotta do to win. But don't you remember? You said "I'm going brinstar" and I said "Are you staying Snake?" and you said "Yeah" so I said I was staying Falco and then you went MK and I couldn't switch to MK. Cause let's face it. There's no way I was gonna willingly go Falco against a MK on brinstar. Even tho it was close.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Viper, you declined my money match right after the set rofl.
i dont remember that at all.

@2djeff how are you going to say Mink dose not have exp in the falco mu.

we learned it together. he goes oos and beats falcos. You also were hesitant to MM with him Falco puff with your john being you dont want to play an mu that he knows and you dont.

I am a good friend of mink and i am very proud of him and who he beats but he is not better than me if you think he is check results and stuff dont just spout off your opinion as if its fact.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
It was 2-1.
OK. I just wanted to know. Now that I know, I know (LOL) that Lade did nothing wrong.

The loser of the previous match chooses the next stage to be played on.
The winner of the previous match chooses the character they are going to use for the next game.
The loser chooses the character they are going to use for the next game.

Taylor, you shouldn't have asked if he was gonna stay or not. His character selection depends on what you do. So regardless of what he said he was or wasn't gonna do, he has the final say. That's the benefit of the loser of the previous game, the right to counterpick. You should've went MK for the fear that he might've (and did) go MK.

Don't worry about this too much though. There's always something to take from every loss. You placed well and although you could've done better, learn from this. It'll only make your decision making better and improving is always a good thing.

Exdeath

Smash Master

As someone who obviously plays with a lot more of their crew than you do and attends far more tournaments than you do, you are quite silly. The results speak for themselves.

Viper planned a trip to Naples and invited me to go with him, however he had a very serious family emergency and needed to go elsewhere. His father came and picked him up from a Tampafest for that very purpose. Even then Viper tried to get a car to Naples, which he couldn't. That you're blaming someone for your tournament's disappointing attendance when they couldn't come due to an emergency is ridiculous.

Also, FYI, a tournament isn't good because it paid out a lot of money; a tournament is good based on how well it is run, how satisfied the tournament-goers are, and how strong the competition is. Holy Smash had one tournament where Viper was experimenting with the rule set and it wasn't run very well. That tournament was an exception to the rule, as the others were highly successful in virtually every respect. I know that Viper is aware that he made mistakes and that he is learning from them. I expect the next Holy Smash to be as excellent as the first two were, and I will definitely be in attendance.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Um viper I don't know the mu at all he has an idea where I didn't and I havnt played falco in months. Why would I play falco when I could just play ic and win? O and btw I heard you wouldnt let sax enter the last tourney y'all had why not?
Ill mm mink now if mink wants. That mu is 60-40 falco or greater imo.
@xdeath what dewdadash is saying is that he should have communicated and said that they weren't going.
:phone:

Exdeath

Smash Master
@xdeath what dewdadash is saying is that he should have communicated and said that they weren't going.
:phone:
Well...

I havent heard from the swamp **** in awhile. Can someone confrim if they're still going or not? it'd be shame if they didnt since they live so close by.
The very next post after this was:

It isn't for sure whether or not Lake Alfred/Winter Haven (practically Tampa) is coming -- family emergency. I will certainly not be here, unfortunately.
I posted the known status of Lake Alfred and Winter Haven (neither is close to Naples).

Top Bottom