• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourny cancelled, made into smashfest. Practice b4 Apex!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Apparently no one read what I said when they responded to me lol. I guess Dtorr kinda did. And yea I shoulda just went MK and not even asked Lade if he was staying.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Apparently no one read what I said when they responded to me lol. I guess Dtorr kinda did. And yea I shoulda just went MK and not even asked Lade if he was staying.
Wtff I don't understand what you're getting at. Because it's my CP, you have no right to ask me if I'm stayin characters. If you had asked me, I probably would have said "Depends on which character you pick" but I definitely don't remember saying I was gonna stay Snake...

MVD

Smash Master
I hears xaltis ask and you did say yeah, his question was, "are you staying snake"? You said yeah.. lol but in the end I saw that as a mind game and it worked cause halberd picks character after you do so it was legit

:phone:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Wtff I don't understand what you're getting at. Because it's my CP, you have no right to ask me if I'm stayin characters. If you had asked me, I probably would have said "Depends on which character you pick" but I definitely don't remember saying I was gonna stay Snake...
In tournament, it goes Loser picks stage, Winner picks character, Loser picked character, so what Lade did was legit there.

However I heard that Xaltis asked him if he was staying before he picked the stage. Lade does have the right to say that he doesn't have to tell him, but I heard that he told Xaltis that he was staying Snake. It's not an illegal move in the tournament, just kind of a **** move that he lied.

Edit: MVD: lying to enhance your chances of winning is never legit.

I don't know if thats what actually happened, but if it did, the above stands and you can't blame me for not going "oh ok, because he said he didn't say that must mean its true," especially when that means it would make me not believe Xaltis. Also, MVD said he heard it too.

He has a right to ask whatever he wants. He's not deceiving you. It's your responsibility to not tell him. Freedom of speech bro. First Amendment.

Damn it man, I promised myself I wouldn't wall post anymore. Edit: Since when can you say damn? XD

OverLade

Smash Hero
I definitely would never lie about what character I was gonna go. It's obvious that my intentions were to go MK when I CP'd brinstar. TBH I don't even remember you asking me if I was gonna stay Snake, so if you did I probably misheard you when I say "yeah". I'm sorry for the confusion, but in all honesty, I wouldn't lie about something like that, and I definitely wouldn't expect you to even ask the question...

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Why don't you understand what I'm saying? lol.

MVD understands.

OverLade

Smash Hero
LOL I wasn't trying to mindgame anybody I definitely didn't mean to mislead him if I did... I definitely didn't intentionally mean anything about staying Snake I probably just misheard him or wasn't paying attention...

edit:
LOL Okay you're trolling now...

Xaltis

Smash Hero
LOL I wasn't trying to mindgame anybody I definitely didn't mean to mislead him if I did... I definitely didn't intentionally mean anything about staying Snake I probably just misheard him or wasn't paying attention...
There now your understanding. You did say you were staying snake. Idk if you didn't mean it or anything idk. But you know I would never stay Falco if I thought you were going MK.

OverLade

Smash Hero
>_> That's the purpose of the counterpicking rule it doesn't matter where you guess I still get the CP advantage. If you stayed Falco, I would have gone MK. If you had gone MK, I could have gone MK, Snake, Wario or any other character I feel like. CP isn't about guessing it's about counterpicking... This rule has been around forever I dont get why you don't understand...

Xaltis

Smash Hero
>_> That's the purpose of the counterpicking rule it doesn't matter where you guess I still get the CP advantage. If you stayed Falco, I would have gone MK. If you had gone MK, I could have gone MK, Snake, Wario or any other character I feel like. CP isn't about guessing it's about counterpicking... This rule has been around forever I dont get why you don't understand...
Now your misunderstanding again. I only stayed Falco because you said you were going Snake basically. XD

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Because even though the rule exists, he trusted you when you said you'd stay Snake even though you didn't have to. The possibility of a MK is removed so it's not something he would have even considered, but I bet he would have if he heard you say that you didn't have to tell him who he was going. You did say sorry you misunderstood him asking when he asked, but if MVD heard it, it's kinda hard to believe you completely ignored it, especially when you're specifically listening to him for his counterpick.

And no MVD, just no. Purposeful deception is never cool. I'm not saying that's what happened but you're agreeing with it and saying it's legit if it did happen like that. What if I purposefully deceived your trust in me, got you to talk to me because someone else wanted to know certain things, and told people everything you've told me? I only use that example because there was a lot of talking at the tournament between us.

MVD

Smash Master
I understand what you mean but even if he was staying snake MK was the better choice I mean its brinstar come on now lol they both made mistakes period

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I do blame Taylor for not considering the possibility for the counterpick, don't get me wrong(since technically it could happen), but at the same time I just think it's very sleazy on Halberd's side with how the whole thing happened.

MVD

Smash Master
I know but still lol I'm not saying I would do something like that but there is a first time for everything at a tournament lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
I didn't intentionally lie I honestly don't even remember him asking me that. Yall need to fall back, do you HONESTLY think I would lie and say I'm staying Snake when every set in my life I've ever CP'd taylor to Brinstar I've gone MK? Yall trollin...

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I didn't intentionally lie I honestly don't even remember him asking me that. Yall need to fall back, do you HONESTLY think I would lie and say I'm staying Snake when every set in my life I've ever CP'd taylor to Brinstar I've gone MK? Yall trollin...
I want to believe you, but all I've heard was "no no no no no no."

Edit: If Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, and Lylat Cruise is allowed then so should stages like Jungle Japes.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Like I said tho. I'm not mad. I shoulda just went MK anyways.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I want to believe you, but all I've heard was "no no no no no no."

Edit: If Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, and Lylat Cruise is allowed then so should stages like Jungle Japes.
You're tommy G which immediately makes your say in the matter irrelevant ;)

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Dew, look, Viper badgered me about going. We were down in Pompano seeing my DYING nana. I am the only one here who knows how to drive a 5-speed. I didn't want to drive 4 hours, then drive another seven to get to your place and back home for our other crew. Your argument with Viper is pointless. And even if we did come, we wouldn't have entered. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but we have no money. And I understress the 'no money' we are ****ing poor. I love the naples crew, don't get me wrong. Wolf and Mix are some of my favorite players, but after seeing you take shots like this at Viper for something that came up at the last seconds, and was more important than a tourny; that was a scum thing to do, and I have a very different opinion of you.

This is my fault. I know for a fact he would have come if he could. I was the reason, so don't rage at Viper. And if you start raging at me, I just want to let you know that I couldn't give two sh*ts about what you say. Just saying.

I'm not meaning to offend anyone. So sorry that we couldn't make it. Maybe next time.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Dwho: I didn't realize it before that swampnigas had the family matter, I knew xdeath posted about it b4hand but i thought that was his situation since his post pretty much said simply "have important family matters to go to, cant go" and also thought he was associated with hrnut/gallax/cfl area and thats why cfl didnt go(their ride essentially). Ur dying nana is much more important than a tourney, I'm sorry i misinterpreted the situation.

Looking at it on the surface though, it looked like viper was grimey since naples were all really annoyed about not entering the most recent tourney in fgcu because they said they werent allowed to go or something. Mink kinda cleared up what was going on with that tourney although I still don't understand COMPLETELY the reasoning behind it although according to him there are reasons to justify not allowing every1 to come so i'll accept it for now, ill msg him on aim or something to fully understand. And, at first vipers reasoning behind not going to my tourney was simply just money (or so I thought cuz thats what he posted at first w/o mentioning the family matter). What appeared to be "rigging a tourney to make money which is the response that I got from ******,sheikssbm,swolf, all 3 said on different seperate occasions+saying he doesn't really have money when he clearly made like 60$ at that tourney--->frustration because it looks like hypocrisy. You can see how with these two combined, i got frustrated. It was 2 misunderstandings apparently. You guys sure do explain the situation better than viper tho lol.

Top Bottom