• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourny cancelled, made into smashfest. Practice b4 Apex!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yeah.
Masky.

We should go do Superman status stuff, since we're in space.
We have the technology to spin the earth opposite, thus making us go back in time. This will allow us to go to Black Day.

Man,
being in space is fun.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Lol @masky black day was pushed back because we were coming to this until we found out we had no ride. Ans what if I didn't wantbto come? Lol

:phone:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
hmmm well xdeath said he had a family emergency right b4 hand, although I thought he was associated more with hrnut and cfl like gallax and razek and had like no ties to the fgcu crew.

I'm more annoyed with viper just because first off, he just straight up didnt allow naples to go to the most recent tourney since he said its a fgcu tourney only when ppl outside of fgcu went. Denying it here on smashboards when u lied to them str8 to their face that they can't show up is pretty grimey. I'm only the messenger, all of naples has told me this, i was in NFL the whole time.

2nd off he never really said he cancelled. I kinda expected him and supershyguy to come since they posted a lot in here but I guess not. In all honesty it doesn't matter too much that they didnt come, it was fun and successful, this was just icing to top it off from the previous matter. If i had known u guys were somehow associated with xdeath with the family matter then i suppose its w/e, just say so b4hand is all.

And 3rd, I honestly don't know if you're good or not. You never enter tournaments, u just show up, pay door fee and do friendlies all day. Then when I try to mm you because im getting bored u just flake out and acknowledge u weren't ready for one. Theres no point in denying the MM just like ur denying not banning naples from that tourney. I don't mind, but I can't really say if ur good or not since u dont enter in bracket and won't mm, so i assume ur bad, thats just how it is.

But yeah, enough of that. if you want you can PM me about that cuz i dont want to bother with that.

This tourney was awesome, ill have the results thread tomorrow when i come back from college.

The guy that I was impressed by was Lies. Straight up newcomer and he's pretty legit for a wario main. Good stuff tampa, keep em coming.

edit: lmfao at dtorrs comment and mink on that robabky status XD

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I can believe that ban because sax told me you guys wouldn't let him play in y'all tourney last time. In my eyes aka viper didn't wanna get *****

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm not saying I'm mad or anything cause ya know ya gotta do whatcha gotta do to win. But don't you remember? You said "I'm going brinstar" and I said "Are you staying Snake?" and you said "Yeah" so I said I was staying Falco and then you went MK and I couldn't switch to MK. Cause let's face it. There's no way I was gonna willingly go Falco against a MK on brinstar. Even tho it was close.
Once again lol, CP rules state that you have to decide who you're going to go first. I CP the stage, then you have to decide if you want to switch characters first, then I CP my character according to your character. I didn't say I was gonna stay Snake (As I obviously CP'd brinstar to go MK). If you thought I might go MK then you should have gone MK, but CP's are about prediction.

For example, against Seibrik, after beating him MK on FD with Wario, I went Falco when he took me back, because I predicted he would go Dedede (and was probably right, because he went Wario instead). Vinnie/ESAM do the same thing all the time using ICs.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
OK. I just wanted to know. Now that I know, I know (LOL) that Lade did nothing wrong.

The loser of the previous match chooses the next stage to be played on.
The winner of the previous match chooses the character they are going to use for the next game.
The loser chooses the character they are going to use for the next game.

Taylor, you shouldn't have asked if he was gonna stay or not. His character selection depends on what you do. So regardless of what he said he was or wasn't gonna do, he has the final say. That's the benefit of the loser of the previous game, the right to counterpick. You should've went MK for the fear that he might've (and did) go MK.

Don't worry about this too much though. There's always something to take from every loss. You placed well and although you could've done better, learn from this. It'll only make your decision making better and improving is always a good thing.
Reposted from a page back.

Don't forget this post either Taylor.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
hmmm well xdeath said he had a family emergency right b4 hand, although I thought he was associated more with hrnut and cfl like gallax and razek and had like no ties to the fgcu crew.

I'm more annoyed with viper just because first off, he just straight up didnt allow naples to go to the most recent tourney since he said its a fgcu tourney only when ppl outside of fgcu went. Denying it here on smashboards when u lied to them str8 to their face that they can't show up is pretty grimey. I'm only the messenger, all of naples has told me this, i was in NFL the whole time.
No. People outside of FGCU weren't allowed in. I'm Viper's best friend, and he's the TO. Deal with it. I created the FGCU scene down there and everyone down there likes me. No offense to naples, i love those guys, but this wasn't a tourney for outside people. Bring other people would scare half these kids off. When we're talking FGCU crew we are NOT talking about the swampnigggas. Those are a completely other entity Dew, and i hope you recognize that.

Viper's the TO. If he decided his best friend is allowed to enter a tournament he's holding, but doesn't want people from other regions coming in, ****** everyone and stealing the money, thats on him. I was fine with that. It wouldn't be a good effect on the completely new players. And when i'm talking new players, i'm not talking Lies, whos mad good. I'm talking NEW players. When we hold REAL SWF tourneys, you already know the first people i tell is Naples. Thats why we don't post them on SWF. It isn't for the general public.

2nd off he never really said he cancelled. I kinda expected him and supershyguy to come since they posted a lot in here but I guess not. In all honesty it doesn't matter too much that they didnt come, it was fun and successful, this was just icing to top it off from the previous matter. If i had known u guys were somehow associated with xdeath with the family matter then i suppose its w/e, just say so b4hand is all.
Stop ringing SSGuy and viper together. They don't live anywhere near each other during the summer. See Xdeaths post for when Viper said he wasn't going.

And 3rd, I honestly don't know if you're good or not. You never enter tournaments, u just show up, pay door fee and do friendlies all day. Then when I try to mm you because im getting bored u just flake out and acknowledge u weren't ready for one. Theres no point in denying the MM just like ur denying not banning naples from that tourney. I don't mind, but I can't really say if ur good or not since u dont enter in bracket and won't mm, so i assume ur bad, thats just how it is.
If they go to tourneys and don't have money to enter, why would they MM you? Use your head kid. No one said they didn't ban Naples.
NO ONE OUTSIDE OF FGCU BESIDES ME AND STEPHENS BROTHER WERE ALLOWED IN.
Deal with it.

Assume all you want. Everyone knows what assuming does :troll:
Now stop picking on new players, who won't read your post because they don't have swf accounts.

No hard feelings Dewdadash. Just backing up my friend. I have nothing against you or anyone else. I just.. can't NOT get involved when this kinda stuff happens. I'm sure you understand.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I don't know how viper and you placing 1st and 2nd is any different from sheikssbm and swolf placing 1st and 2nd if they went there. I mean would it be a bad vibe that somone outside of fgcu won? Looking at the results, the people who placed top were those who entered the port charlotte tourney a year ago. its like ur telling me, "its ok for me and viper to wreck fgcu, but no1 above us are allowed to". I personally think fgcu wouldn't mind watching a sick luigi, i mean he has shown up b4 so they should know him and swolf kinda like they know every1 else in fgcu. And you do realize, if you managed to beat swolf and chris, it probally wouldve done better, just so ur squad could hype it up or something.

On another note, i thought fgcu crew and swampnigas were synonymous.

And from what I remember about the mms, he declined my mm and tried to look for mms of smaller prey, but I dont think he had any intention of mming me, w/ or w/o money.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I don't know how viper and you placing 1st and 2nd is any different from sheikssbm and swolf placing 1st and 2nd if they went there. I mean would it be a bad vibe that somone outside of fgcu won? Looking at the results, the people who placed top were those who entered the port charlotte tourney a year ago. its like ur telling me, "its ok for me and viper to wreck fgcu, but no1 above us are allowed to". I personally think fgcu wouldn't mind watching a sick luigi, i mean he has shown up b4 so they should know him and swolf kinda like they know every1 else in fgcu. And you do realize, if you managed to beat swolf and chris, it probally wouldve done better, just so ur squad could hype it up or something.

And from what I remember about the mms, he declined my mm and tried to look for mms of smaller prey, but I dont think he had any intention of mming me, w/ or w/o money.
Having more auto-top players would greatly hurt the chances of Brawl casuals winning.

Beating Naples & Co. is nothing worth hyping.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I remember a time when bad players had to get wrecked and like it to get better...........

AHHHH, I remember those days.

OH, was I saying something?

Don't mind me. Carry on along with whatever you were doing.

Edit: Before anyone takes offense to tis post, I'm referring to my progression as a competitor in Brawl.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I'm sorry you feel that way Xdeath. Competition in the best of us brings hype, is what I would like to believe which builds a sense of a community. When M!x played Lies for instance, that was extremely hype, u had naples cheering for mix and tampa cheering for lies. Same could be said against me vs xaltis or sheikssbm vs xaltis.

I don't get how getting like 30 ppl to cheer for mink or viper to vs a naples contender is something not worth hyping over considering mink has done it b4. Maybe u guys just don't have the same mentality, if thats the case though, then nvm. xdeath, arent mink/viper/******/abscent auto top players in regard to that tourney considering they all did well a year back?

OverLade

Smash Hero
I could make a thread about Lies who I trained from scratch and also happens to be mad good :p

But I think we should make a results thread first...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I could make a thread about Lies who I trained from scratch and also happens to be mad good :p

But I think we should make a results thread first...
Well making a thread about Lies being mad good would already imply that not only did you train him well, but you a mad good trainer.

So if we make a thread about Lies being mad good, let's keep it about Lies......... being mad good.

The wario or diddy?

What do you mean which one? There's only one Lies. What are you talking about?

Exdeath

Smash Master
I'm sorry you feel that way Xdeath. Competition in the best of us brings hype, is what I would like to believe which builds a sense of a community. When M!x played Lies for instance, that was extremely hype, u had naples cheering for mix and tampa cheering for lies. Same could be said against me vs xaltis or sheikssbm vs xaltis.

I don't get how getting like 30 ppl to cheer for mink or viper to vs a naples contender is something not worth hyping over considering mink has done it b4. Maybe u guys just don't have the same mentality, if thats the case though, then nvm. xdeath, arent mink/viper/******/abscent auto top players in regard to that tourney considering they all did well a year back?
I don't have a particular preference on the population of the competition, so that isn't really a feeling. Naples' status as a threat or lack thereof is a feeling.

I play with Tampa, Lake Alfred, Orlando, Kissimmee, and Poinciana, so I can't really speak for FGCU.

The wario or diddy?

Fidel Cashflow mains Diddy. Lies mains Wario (he plays a lot of characters, though).

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I'm limited to some post I can view disney dose have the best signal area
And I already asked once dtorr and you didn't know what I meant but xdeath did. When I tried to poat the other post so you could understand my phone wasn't moving fast enough because of disney beibg out in the middle of no where johns

Exdeath

Smash Master
I'm limited to some post I can view disney dose have the best signal area
And I already asked once dtorr and you didn't know what I meant but xdeath did. When I tried to poat the other post so you could understand my phone wasn't moving fast enough because of disney beibg out in the middle of no where johns
Beibg as that may, D-Torr was kidding about your poat.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink

Why would we invite them to come up for a 3$ tourney? It's not like we were scared of them. It's not a big tourney. WE've invited them to all 4 of the smash tourneys we've had here and they've won all of them. I'm not complaining about that.
And i know about sheikssbm. I 2-0ed him last time i saw it.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. THIS ISN'T ABOUT HYPING. THIS IS ABOUT MONEY. THIS ISN'T ABOUT TOURNAMENTS. THESE KIDS PLAY FOR FUN. I ITALICIZED IT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND.

You're never going to see it me and vipers way. We don't go around saying were good. We ****ing suck. We don't allow only ourselves to enter because we want the money, the first one we gave ALL the money back to the people entering it. the 6th one Viper didn't enter because he didn't want people to think it was about him. The only reason he enters is because players like Abscent and TRA and SSGuy are around. We're not scared.

FTR, 4 of these kids WE PAY FOR. because they won't even pay for a video game. Half of these kids only do it because their friends do.

You'll never see it our way. If you haven't got it now, you won't be able to understand from text responses. We invite Chris/Luis/ and Johnny to the tourneys that matter.
BTW Luis and Johnny, you guys should come party with me this weekend. Idk where yet. but it's my bday.

Also, FGCU Smash - Abscent, TRA, SSGuy, Shinibu, and about 14 kids you'll never see at a tourney or on swf. They don't play this game seriously, and they only want to play for fun. The "Smash" scene isn't like tampa. IT wasn't made to be competitive, it was made to have fun and play with other new players. Only the listed names would consider going to tourneys.

The Swampnigggas, are Me, Viper, D Who?, G-Dub, Dskank, Sicko, and idk who else. Lol. Sorry guys.

And that doesn't sound like viper, your just wrong. The only reason viper went was so he could celebrate Ryo's bday, DRIVE NAPLES, and see me. He doesn't even drink. And he had no money. He didn't enter because NA was the week before and he spent his money entering there.

If you ever take the Nub Academy seriously, look at the name of the tourney.
Conversation over. If you want to understand what it's like to play for fun, you can PM me. Either way, i'd like to see the results.

Edit: I get my *** kicked all the time and i love it.

Top Bottom