• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament in Lancaster PA September 8, Labor Day Weekend

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
ughhh im so new to PA i have no idea where anything is but i want to get some matches when i get down here for college in a mooooonth. i cant find any temple smashers....

anybody here no how far lancaster is from philadelphia
About an hour or an hour and a half drive.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Yo Komosutro, I'm the Kid that played falco from Evo East. Had fun in you're appartment man. I'm gonna bust my *** to try and make it here. You know how fun those matches were with my falco and your....umm....every character I guess. Yo man, MM's until my fingers hurt if I can go. And that goes for anyone. I wanna learn as much as possible from a couple of the people going, so Im gonna spread some money out this ride.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
CanIsmash. I live close to temple in that I can take a train ride straight to it in like 10 mins. Get a smash community going at temple and I'll be your practice ;-)

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
How kind is this tournament going to be to losers? Will those who have been eliminated early be able to stick around the LAN center and play the other losers? (Obviously with TV and cube priority given to the actual tournament.)

I plan to attend with a friend, lose and then take advantage of the gathering to play a lot of people much better than me.

If that's cool, I'm coming with a cube, copy of smash, a memory card and a friend unless something crazy comes up.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
How kind is this tournament going to be to losers? Will those who have been eliminated early be able to stick around the LAN center and play the other losers? (Obviously with TV and cube priority given to the actual tournament.)

I plan to attend with a friend, lose and then take advantage of the gathering to play a lot of people much better than me.

If that's cool, I'm coming with a cube, copy of smash, a memory card and a friend unless something crazy comes up.
free play will be present but if you don't get your fill i have a lot of houses we can go to and play maybe some people will wanna come after the tourney and have a fest if they don't have anything to do on sunday if so then i will hook you up with a spot also post your friends name

Slayer i remember you, have you been practicing, i will put you down, that was so funny when all the people came into my room, i would beat them then they would leave

CREW BATTLE SET
Show me your moves vs wrath posted Show me your moves consist of all falcon players thats all i will post for now. also are we gonna do the whole crew battle on FD Ultima Scout? If not the post your terms so i can update and also put a price for the crew battle.

CanISmash come to this tourney

Dead-Aim i will accept all MMs coming my way

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
hahahah smash talk i LOVE IT. Yo man, this is gonna be fun as ****. Yea I have been practicing, and as we last left it I was better than you ;-). So the real question is, have you been practicing? Oh and velocity. I'm gonna take sweet revenge on your *** ;-)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
free play will be present but if you don't get your fill i have a lot of houses we can go to and play maybe some people will wanna come after the tourney and have a fest if they don't have anything to do on sunday if so then i will hook you up with a spot also post your friends name

CREW BATTLE SET
Show me your moves vs wrath posted Show me your moves consist of all falcon players thats all i will post for now. also are we gonna do the whole crew battle on FD Ultima Scout? If not the post your terms so i can update and also put a price for the crew battle.
I think there is only 1 or two wrath guys going. Therefore, I propose myself and Scar as Ad Hoc Wrath members. Either that or Velocity and Dot are going to be ad hoc TSA Philly members. Is Alex Triad going to be there? I haven't seen that jerk in awhile?

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Yo Velocity, I'll buy you a **** prevention whistle. Or I'll just have 911 on speed dial, cause there will be a **** in progress.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
if ultima scout allows you to join his crew than so be it

East vs West
If you lay down the terms and say who you wanna play and who your gonna have on your side than i see no way of preventing it you can even put money on it

pockyD

Smash Legend
I think there is only 1 or two wrath guys going. Therefore, I propose myself and Scar as Ad Hoc Wrath members. Either that or Velocity and Dot are going to be ad hoc TSA Philly members. Is Alex Triad going to be there? I haven't seen that jerk in awhile?
soon to be *TSA PA* o_o

UltimaScout

Smash Lord

Slayer i remember you, have you been practicing, i will put you down, that was so funny when all the people came into my room, i would beat them then they would leave

CREW BATTLE SET

CanISmash come to this tourney

Dead-Aim i will accept all MMs coming my way
Of course every match I play has to be on Dream Land 64 >_>

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't have the feeling Velocity and me are any sort of cool anymore.

Though I didn't notice anything more than him ignoring me online.

xyt

Smash Lord
*Random Thought Begin*
all rankers should play each other. (aka round robin)
1 set of 2 matches (random neutral maps/double blind character pick)
2:0=5 points, 2:1=2 points, 1:2=1 point, 0:2=0 points.
everyone gets their scores tallied and panelists can use this info for rankings
*Random Thought End*

Velocity

Smash Lord
*Random Thought Begin*
*Random Thought End*
on the right track for almost a good idea

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
*Random Thought Begin*
*Random Thought End*
CT did that like a few weeks ago, and like it took forever, however it did seem to give some sort of acccuracy. I myself am against it tho. I can just go and face everyone i havent, there should be enough time.

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
Yeah just play the people who are close to you on the list.
But that's not a very good representation of skill, either. For instance, I am dead even with El Komosutro in terms of wins/losses, but he is ranked much higher than myself. Also, if you only played people around your level, the allegedly skewed first list would only allow players who deserve to be higher/lower move a few spots rather than the greater number of spots they deserve. It almost has to be round robin to be any sort of fair.

pockyD

Smash Legend
just remember

a money match (or even a single set that you both agree to count on for more) would be worth more for rankings purposes than an hour of friendlies

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
But that's not a very good representation of skill, either. For instance, I am dead even with El Komosutro in terms of wins/losses, but he is ranked much higher than myself. Also, if you only played people around your level, the allegedly skewed first list would only allow players who deserve to be higher/lower move a few spots rather than the greater number of spots they deserve. It almost has to be round robin to be any sort of fair.
15 person round robin = (15*16)/2 = 120 sets of matches. Good luck with that. Thank you Gauss making that much easier than adding 15 numbers. </nerd math>

pockyD

Smash Legend
also why cut out the people who aren't already on the rankings? (ultimascout, scar, etc)

just seek out the people you want to prove yourself against and mm them or something

if they decline punch them in the face

Top Bottom