• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament in Lancaster PA September 8, Labor Day Weekend

pockyD

Smash Legend
lol the eagles are bad

i have donovan mcnabb, brian westbrook, and eagles defense on my $$ fantasy team though =[[

i hate myself

The Cape

Smash Master
Marth = worse for Bowser than Sheik?

Maybe....

Or I just need to work on my game.

Even though I am not gonna compete anymore, give me a call and play me sometime peoples :-p

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
LOL gtfo Swift!

I am actually serious, I felt really faint and my heart was beating really fast, plus I was sweating. I went to sleep the moment I went to Cactuars and on my way I drank a lot of fluids so I'm good now. . . .

No offense to the owner of the house. .>.>

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
nah its cool LK like I broke my *** to make sure i was drinking something like every 2 minutes. i know how it is because my brother used to have heat strokes when we were little(and it was me keeping him hydrated).

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Growing up without air conditioning gave me a super advantage at Komos place. I had a lotta fun and the Eagles are disappointing.

Check out the new avatar. <3 Scar.

Eggm

Smash Hero
The only reason I'm not gonna say no johns to LK is cause when pound 2 was stifling I played like garbage. xD Heat is a valid john IMO. I think kwan 4 stocked my falco during the heat. >_>

D

Deleted member

if you think about it, most johns are valid, which is what makes saying "no johns" repeatedly pretty gay.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
My notion of a john is an excuse that a loser of a match uses to say something like "Although I lost, I am still better than the victor because of X."

Even if X is valid, Johns-ing is still frowned upon.

But I would not consider LK's post a John, because he forfeit and did not complain about it.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
@Swiftbass -- your spacing is still too good. LOL @ fighting you on yoshi story -- let's pokemon battle
@Pocky -- your nana is uber hax... need I say more?
@Xyt -- Remember, winners bracket next time... and no FoD. I double ban!
@El Komosutro -- Keep working on your falcon if ya wanna beat me :-P
@Wesley -- Next tournament, I am ONLY going to play vs you... deal?
@Jasona -- You posting any of those videos?

Scar

#HarveyDent
My notion of a john is an excuse that a loser of a match uses to say something like "Although I lost, I am still better than the victor because of X."
I think Webster put it similarly. And how could we not frown upon that. Johns johns johns, stfu.

I have tournament johns. I get nervous in tourney (singles only). So I have yet to perform to the best of my ability in any singles bracket to date because of how little I can actually concentrate on the match.

That's fine, but that means that the other player is actually better than I am in this exact situation, even though I could probably win in a non-tournament set.

The point of tournaments is actually to see who can win the tournament. I really need to train myself to play better under pressure, and it is in the opinion of this writer that all johnsers should train themselves to concentrate on the game as opposed to circumstances outside the game.

But what do I know anyways. I'm only an incredible, brilliant young man who goes to a better school than all of you.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
if you think about it, most johns are valid, which is what makes saying "no johns" repeatedly pretty gay.
What do you classify as johns, saying this game is gay all the time when you play it? Cause yea, that can get kinda annoying sometimes. And no, most johns are not valid. If you lost because of...holding down and not catching a ledge, getting phantomed and not dying, you lost, get in the back of the line of all the rest of the people that say dumb **** like that.

Beat

Smash Ace
Hey, didn't post here before. Wanted to thank komo for a great event. I had a blast, made some new pals (methinks, at least) and overall it was just fantastic. Bravo, sir. Also, maybe next time I get a lead on you, I won't waste it!

I'll get you next time, Gadget. Next time...

Velocity

Smash Lord

Even if X is valid, Johns-ing is still frowned upon.

But I would not consider LK's post a John, because he forfeit and did not complain about it.
he didnt fofeit he just said he let me win after the match was over and then asked me for 3rd place winnings it went to the third match, though he didnt feel well he could have said something b4 we played that he wasnt feeling well insted of telling me after the match was over your threw the match then asking me for the money just say your not feeling well and ill split the money with you and we could play the set later or not at all everyone knows it was hot i was *****ing about it all day but drink some water

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
I didn't care about the split really after I thought about it and I didn't say I forfeited, I said I gave the set to you. I know it was partly my fault for ignoring it all day till the very end but it was bad and I didn't want to complain about, I just wanted the tourney to end and I probably handled it the wrong way after the set too, but then I was like **** it and went to sleep for the night. I'm not saying you're bad or anything velocity because you've actually improved a lot, so don't take this the wrong way.

EDIT: BTW. . .

I didn't get 4th, ALPHA_OMEGA_Sadaharu Inui did.

xyt

Smash Lord
@cactuar i'll get you next time +_+)!!! MWARHARHARHAR
@Wesley Thanks for DrivingGU~
@LK you lied to me.... liar..
@m2k ....................
@Swift we should have won team.. =_=)...
@El Komo THanks for the tournament!
@Vagabond yea.. we didn't play much..
@velocity good games at the end
@Pocky good thing we didnt play each other under the initial brackets..
@Pakman we should play next time : D
@Cape Bowser?? @_@)...
@Scar too many knees T_T).....
@Dot Eater good stuff sir : D you're shamus is cool!
@Ultimascout ... winners... bracket...

good job everyone : D

Scar

#HarveyDent
I don't do shout outs... I do shout INS!

Ocean the up blew we! Pakman @

...ok I'm done with that.
@ Swift & Sheik, you guys are too good, very close matches.
@Velocity, you are too good son, but I am so much better. Sort of. Not at all. Even though we beat you in teams ROFL
@Dot Eater, I need to play you one of these days.
@Wesley, you are my hero and I am so pissed at you for being able to meteor cancel
@Pocky, <3 our friendlies forever, hope to scar combo you soon
@LK, you are a phenomenal person.
@Cape, im constantly surprised by how much you know about the game, you have a lot to teach. also you beat me with bowser. jerk. our record is currently 1-1 bowser v falcon ;)
@USA, it was good to see you pal, I will trade pokemon with you soon lol.
@Komosutro, good matches man, too close and your friggin tippers are painful. way to pull together a successful tourney IMO. Next time buy another AC unit lol.

What?

Smash Apprentice
@Swift: Thanks for whoopin' up on me at Marvels, dude! I love getting beat at that game. Owning all day gets boring for suresies. <3

@LK: Thanks for introducing me to a really good Marth, dude. I had no idea who you were before Saturday, but now I know better. More Pichu battles laters!

@Scar: We're hanging out later, ja? You look like a drinker. Let's have us a drink.

It was nice to finally meet M2K, and it's always good to see Cactuar in good health. Falco's still gay, Velocity. He's not real either.

@Cape: I dig it when you're in a good mood and able to offer advice to Lack-A-Smashers like me.

@UltimaScout: I'll...see you in a bit?

Yo, JD, when's the next time you're gonna come down to Delaware? We've got a lan station now and I'm itchin' to rough up some local "talent.".

As for Johns...

I played with one hand pretty much the whole day. Does that count as a John? <33

Next Fest I'll be drawing. Look for me doing Smash Bros. fan art.

What?

Smash Apprentice
Remember; it's "UltimaScout." Whichever character he picks to play as becomes his "Avatar."

Plus he's always been Tim to me. Then he started calling himself "1337."

Which is a really stupid name.

But yeah, I'll work out the ladies situation.

What?

Smash Apprentice
Oh, Chocobo, we all got together to not give you shouts just so you could speak up for yourself.

"You'll never get that hermit crab at this rate."

'Sides; you're too over nine thousand to get shouts. All these other dudes need the attention via forum posts.

Enjoy the new season of Frisky Dingo. I know I will.

"What Americans really want is cold beer, warm *****, and a place to take a **** with a door on it."

Boosh.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
i think, since everyone had a turn, ill thank you guys for the thorough drubbing (really, just downright humiliation) that you exacted on me. Just wanted to thank everyone i played (that beat my ***), i really learned a lot at the tourney. peace,

fully

Top Bottom