• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament in Lancaster PA September 8, Labor Day Weekend

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
seriously, my girlfriend gave me the wrong date for the wedding, and it's this weekend, but I didn't feel ok with screwing all my friends out of going to this, so my stance is to still come to this because hell, I love PA smash and I don't think it's right to **** people over when I've already let them know I'm free. If my family was like, "come have dinner with us", hell yea I'd be like, "no, I made plans to go play video games." I can understand the other side to the argument, but to me, if you already have plans, no matter how silly it sounds to the other party, you're well within your rights to let them know that your busy.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
so that means i still have a ride right? and that u were just playing around with that scare right ?

@wes we should talk details relatively soon btw u know time to meet etc.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yea, we should. You should also come over and beat up on my Falco <3. Did we ever figure out what we're doing for housing?

ps. not kidding about the wedding, also not kidding about skipping it It's not someone I know and so my connection is entirely through the gf, ergo, I'm not feeling all that terrible about missing it.

xyt

Smash Lord
WAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so it seems all the power ranked ppl are going minus D20
this annoys me when i think about the ppl who will probably whine after not making it..
too bad so many ppl will miss out = / the theory that ranking drama will only get worse
after this tournament seems the most likely = / sigh...

Scar

#HarveyDent
Well I think the drama has pretty much subsided. People still have their opinions of course, but it doesn't seem like anyone is too vocal about it.

However, this tourney was set up to be an incredible test of PA players' relative skill, and unfortunately it seems that the panelists, whoever they end up being, will not have as much information to go by.

IMO, inactivity is a good reason for people to be incorrectly ranked. However I would feel much better placing the blame on the players than the panelists.

Wesley if you bailed I would cry a thousand thousands. <333

Nakamaru

Smash Master
and you are
bigger who than you. Also next time you take a dump at TGP. Flush the toilet. :p

@Wes
--I would skip, but i've already bailed on enough family events. Plus this is one of the few times i get to see my brother, and i like seeing him more than i like playing smash.

Velocity

Smash Lord
sorry i only took pisses at tgp and i entered the bathroom to wash my hands alot of times you got the wrong person, and bigger who then you makes less sense then all of my post put together in one random long post with half the words missing

Scar

#HarveyDent
bigger who then you makes less sense then all of my post put together in one random long post with half the words missing
hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha AMAZING... because it's true. Naka you must have missed a word or switched something around there.

xyt

Smash Lord
bigger who than you. Also next time you take a dump at TGP. Flush the toilet. :p

@Wes
--I would skip, but i've already bailed on enough family events. Plus this is one of the few times i get to see my brother, and i like seeing him more than i like playing smash.

aww.... there goes another easy win...

*insert more d!ck comments here to motivate naka to go to Komos XD*

Nakamaru

Smash Master
hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha AMAZING... because it's true. Naka you must have missed a word or switched something around there.
Pretty much it rhymed, so i said it.

I really can't get out of this one. If they just sprung it on me i could probably go, but i thought i had a week inbetween TGP and Komo's. So its just bad planning on my part.

I'll see everyone at Mow's anyway.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
WAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so it seems all the power ranked ppl are going minus D20
this annoys me when i think about the ppl who will probably whine after not making it..
too bad so many ppl will miss out = / the theory that ranking drama will only get worse
after this tournament seems the most likely = / sigh...
Well that's ok. He was ranked bottom last I checked anyway. I guarantee I'll make the rankings this time around. So he won't be missing much :p

**#1 Young Link & Link dittoer in PA**

Ftw

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
Cape you really don't wanna y link ditto him for that much money but take the money from his wack *** regular link **** btw cape Marth ditto $1,000,000.00 cash if i have it on me at the tourny lol

D

Deleted member

I'll marth ditto you for a lot of $, *****. Let's go.

Teams is already overrrrrr.

I'm not splitting with anyone.

What?

Smash Apprentice
Yo, JD, we've finally got a Lan Station in North Wilmington. Obviously it's a longer drive, but I've got space to house quite a few people, plus there are a lot of hotels in the area.

And it's right next to a friggin' bar and pizza place.

Tim and I are totally gonna start hosting DE tournies now. F'reals.

Give me a call, duders.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yo, JD, we've finally got a Lan Station in North Wilmington. Obviously it's a longer drive, but I've got space to house quite a few people, plus there are a lot of hotels in the area.

And it's right next to a friggin' bar and pizza place.

Tim and I are totally gonna start hosting DE tournies now. F'reals.

Give me a call, duders.
Keep me informed aboot this. Wilmington is a hop skip and 30 minute car ride away from me.

My next post is my 600th so I better make it a good one.

Damon180

Smash Ace
many people aren't bailing.
it just looks like one or two cant make it, and others are making a big fuss over and over about it. it's just a game :).
anyway, i tried my usual spots for a location on short notice. doesnt work that way :). everyone is always booked for at least a month in advance. the only two i have left to hear back from is the Dover fire hall, and community building. i've held events there before, so if there is an opening i'll get it. cross your fingers, i'll know by thursday evening.
if they fall through it'll be at elkomo's place.
that's all for now.
link ftw

Jasona

Smash Ace
i'm jumping back into smash. this looks like a good warm-up. put me down for a setup... maybe two, some cords, and a vcr. friendlies? lots of friendlies. i don't even know if i'm still any good at this game... or if i ever was

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
i'm guessing your a samus main that means you should **** umbreon mow you should money match him he hasn't beaten a samus in like 3 years lol

Top Bottom