• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Completed - SF:E (Winter)

Balloon

Smash Lord
Alright that's cool. Money matches aren't a huge deal anyway :p. Better to enter tournaments and whatnot.

Also, I just noticed that DK64 is on as a neutral stage for doubles. What's with that?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
It's for MLG to put on saying that DK64 offers "more variety" so that the Halo players won't get bored when watching VoD.

Bart, would you like to money match me instead of Peach Masta? 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5, you choose.

Jesse and I also still want Team Money Matches, so name the price. But it'll be one set of 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5, no "3 out of 5 3 out of 5" garbage.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Haha, I love the long *** money matches, though. How about for the team money matches, it's best of 3 sets, sets are 2 out of 3? Also, yeah you and I could money match.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
wow it looks like there are going to be a lot of money matches at this tournament and i still have to pay george back, so there another 5 bucks i have to scrounge up. It's gonna be hard enough just for me to get money for the tournament, and gas money for james.

OC George

Smash Apprentice
OMG.....im not MetaKnight im Kyle Richard i really am.....the other Kyle is Kyle Eckman im not lieing...you can ask (peachmasta) gage tell them that im not eckman...and for one MetaKnight IS NOT IN ARE CREW!!at all....we are all 16 years old...and i am not a great player im not really good at the game....and no we do not have a crew name yet we just started are crew like 3 months ago.....well now this sucks now that every one hates me...all i wanted was to tell you guys who metaknight was and that he is a homo and i wanted a lil bit smask talking cus its fun...im sorry gosh................and my name isent going to be Trat or Rocadeus....im changeing it to Airdeius so timmy or tommy what ever could you change it on the board......and im changeing every thing to that so im deleating this and changeing it to Airdeius
We dont hate you, MK#2. Just dont be talking smack when you dont even know us. I mean, if you played us before and we became friends and then started talking crap, that would be ok, but since you hardly know us and never seen us play, Not cool. It may be fun talking crap but not to complete strangers, otherwise, your gonna get a cap busted in your ***

OC-G (Oregon City Gangsta) Lol

But i mean, look at Foos, everyone talks crap about him, but its ok, its only foos, thats under a different circumstance. Lol.

"why cant weeeee be friends, why cant weeee be friends"

meta knighta

Smash Cadet
ok first off i didnt lose to a five year old i threw the match because it would be funny if i lost
secondly i dont own a gamecube or super smash bros or
thirdly gresham is going to win i will make side bets for you guys
fourthly i go by kyle and thats it
fifthly i think peach masta is going to own all of you
sixthly i hardly play this game

and thats it for right now

gresham is going to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OC George

Smash Apprentice
ok first off i didnt lose to a five year old i threw the match because it would be funny if i lost
secondly i dont own a gamecube or super smash bros or
thirdly gresham is going to win i will make side bets for you guys
fourthly i go by kyle and thats it
fifthly i think peach masta is going to own all of you
sixthly i hardly play this game

gresham is going to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok first off, your stupid and you wouldnt purposely lose to a five year old cuz it would be funny. You would lose cuz you suck
secondly, dont make excuses becuz your terrible at the game
thirdly, your not going, so just STFU and GTFO of here
fourthly, your not kyle, your gay
fifthly, your own people think your ********
sixthly, your adopted, your parents dont even love you

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
ok first off, your stupid and you wouldnt purposely lose to a five year old cuz it would be funny. You would lose cuz you suck
secondly, dont make excuses becuz your terrible at the game
thirdly, your not going, so just STFU and GTFO of here
fourthly, your not kyle, your gay
fifthly, your own people think your ********
sixthly, your adopted, your parents dont even love you

:laugh: You're ruthless, George.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Very lame news just in, does not look like me nor Kaze will be able to make it due to the fact that I have wrestling stuff on both days, and a sleep over is not possible. And if I cannot catch the ride with Kevin on the first day, I cannot go. So, at this point I must say, take me off the list... and god **** high school sports.

I'm sorry again that I'm missing another tourny, but I shall do my best to come to the next tang at least... just not being able to drive gimps me in terms of going out of town. In the case that I can come, I'll post here asap this week, but right now just take me off the list of people coming :(

On some good news, in the OSM thread I was talking about a league and/or tourny with my local game place, and we have a league that is going to start soon there, I'll post more about it in the OSM thread this week.. and sorry for posting off topic stuff in this thread, but I wanted to get it out there.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
wow oc George you are my hero now on so many different levels and ya people talk crap about me cause i know them not cause im bad or anything like that

OC George

Smash Apprentice
wow oc George you are my hero now on so many different levels and ya people talk crap about me cause i know them not cause im bad or anything like that
Lol, no one talks crap about you. I was just messin. Well maybe besides Buzz.....and Andrew.......and Nightmare.........And ..... Lol Just playing. haha :laugh:

meta knighta

Smash Cadet
i pretty sure that im not gay and im not making fun of you guys and you guys are jealous that gresham is going to win and you cant do anything about it so im done with this post

peach masta is the best in the world

and im kyle

oc george

there is alot of ppl named kyle, not just one person

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wow, I missed so much over the weekend.

OC-George, I'm updating the list and am very much looking forward to the MCS making his appearance.

Kami/Kaze - sorry to hear you most likely can't make it. See you at TANG.

Everyone - don't be so rough with Gresham or The Gresham 6; it's meta knighta that's doing the (bad) trash talking.

meta knighta - Trash talk is fun, but you're going about it all wrong. Besides, since no one here really knows you guys, the best thing to have done off the bat is to introduce yourselves and got to know everyone before saying anyone is good/bad.

I'm not one to money match, but even I would put my money on Kevvviiin's Bowser.

PS: Yes, I know meta knighta's post (above) is very short-sighted and blunt, but I do not want people flaming him. We know what he thinks, he knows what we think, leave things to be settled in SSBM where it counts.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
(Yes, I'm double posting to separate this from the off-topicish post above)

#1) Please bring a TV/Cube/VCR. Right now we have about 20 people confirmed, and only 5 set-ups. I emplore that if you are able to bring a TV or just a GCN/Wii, do it! The more set-ups we have, the more you'll get to play.

#2) The list of attendees is updated. If you are coming/not coming and it is listed incorrectly, POST and let me know.

#3) Friday tournaments (Low Tier) are taking place at the UO campus courtesy of Joshisrad. There will be ample space and a nice playing environment. After that, we can all migrate over to my apartment for friendlies and to fight over sleeping space.

#4) Certain characters (Fox) will not be in Low Tier tournaments (of course), thus it's possible to un-ban previously "broken stages". Discuss.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I think I'll be contributing my own cube/tv at UO for friendlies as a break from the tournament if anyone would like.

Also Timmy, which stages were banned due to said characters and for what reason?

meta knighta

Smash Cadet
i never said i was good ever i suck at the game that why im not going and it a waste of money for me

any of you want to try to beat me at a game im good at go for it

i only play two games on the comp and i hardly play them anymore

so im rusty on both games

any matches??????

just private message me and i will tell you the games or look in my profile

i will not long trash talk about you guys that i dont know

if you want me too i trash talk about gresham lol

OC George

Smash Apprentice
i never said i was good ever i suck at the game that why im not going and it a waste of money for me

any of you want to try to beat me at a game im good at go for it

i only play two games on the comp and i hardly play them anymore

so im rusty on both games

any matches??????

just private message me and i will tell you the games or look in my profile

i will not long trash talk about you guys that i dont know

if you want me too i trash talk about gresham lol
Kid, your lucky i have great respect for T!mmy. If it wasnt for him, i would still be burning your *** right now for all the crap you been talking. But ok, you say your done, then be done. Like timmy said, you think what you think, and we'll know what we know (not exactly timmys words. lol) Anyway, im done with you. :grrr:

So Timmy, i have a few questions. What time does the Tourney start Saturday? Can you please give a list of the tournament starting times. And MCS only wants to participate in 1vs 1. So his entrance fee.... does he only have to pay 40% of $15 to get into 1 vs 1.

Speaking of MCS...i played with him last night....and i would say he is better than what i remember. This is going to be a very interesting tournament. :chuckle:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
meta knighta does in fact bring up something I forgot to mention: the awards!
Winners of the Awards will be featured in the Oregon Smash Awards video! ^_^

===============

I updated the info page with a Schedule of Events. (copy & pasted below for your convenience)

This is based on what I know of people's arrivals and such and is definately up for discussion.

Friday
4:00 Early Registration + Friendlies
5:00ish Registration closes. Brackets for LT Doubles & Singles made.
5:30ish Low Tier Doubles.
8:00 Low Tier Singles.
11:00 Leave U of O campus.
11:00 Friendlies/Sleep

Saturday
7:00 t!mmy wakes up
11:00 Exhilerating game of "Wake Up James"
11:30 Brackets for Doubles and Singles made
12:00 Doubles Tournament
3:00 Singles Tournament
6:00? Friendlies for however long everyone wants
??:?? (Crew Battles?!)

Sunday
t!mmy cleans up
Nothing else important, so people can stay to play

==================
OC-George, I'm afraid there's no discount for the entrance fee, as discussed earlier. To make an exception, the reason would have to be strong enough to be regarded as fair to all players.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Us Grants Passians can't actually make it 'til probably closer to 5 or 5:30, since my last class ends at 2 on Friday.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I noticed I had 5:00 listed twice, LT Doubles would start around 5:30
As with the previous SF:E, you don't have to be there before Registration Closes (that's what all this online RSVP helps with). It's just there to give people an idea of when things are getting started.

BTW, am I being too generous with the noon start on Sat? The sooner we get Doubles/Singles done, the better the possibility of crew battles and such.

Juce

Smash Ace
i don't have school on friday, so i'll see if james wants to get there like thursday or something

i hope we can get there at 4AM for early registration...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hm, 4am Registration would save me lots of trouble, but, alas, it's a 4pm registration.

I have school until after 6:00 on Thursday (but t0mmy gets out early). Bleh.

The UO address doesn't make sense since it's on campus, and they make up their own directions and laws of physics there. It's probably best to just follow me/Josh there.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Okay, so we will just show up at your apartment then and follow you there, eh? We wouldn't show up 'til like 5 at the earliest, though.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I guess we'll have to wait for you, but don't dally. We have to have everyone out the door by 11:00p at the latest.

OC George

Smash Apprentice
T!mmy: Maybe im stupid or something but i dont get how we pay in. So if i wanted to play just 1 vs 1, would that be $15. And if i wanted to play 2 vs 2 and 1 vs 1, would that be $30, or does the $15 pay for all of the tourneys (LT, DLT, Singles, Doubles)??? Im so confuzled.

Balloon

Smash Lord
That was already addressed on the first page, cause I was confused. It's $15 for every event.

Airdeius

Smash Cadet
Well 2 days gone and alot happend..well first of all i'll do what timmy said to introduce myself, I am Kyle Richard i play as Samus and thats the person i have always played im not really good but im alright...and i started last summer with my friend too bad i have never had the game but when i can i play it at my friends houses..thats how i alright at the game...im from Gresham...but right now i live on the border of Troutdale and Gresham...so i live in Troutdale...but i am ever so loyal to Gresham...and me and the crew are really new at the hole crew battles and tournaments stuff...but we want a peace of it...and sorry about all the other stuff..and OC George first time we saw what you put about Gresham...oh man we hated you but now(at lease me)we are starting to like you haha......but any ways i cant wait...i feel like im going to make alot of friends on friday...i'll see you soon(if i get money) :p

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Well 2 days gone and alot happend..well first of all i'll do what timmy said to introduce myself, I am Kyle Richard i play as Samus and thats the person i have always played im not really good but im alright...and i started last summer with my friend too bad i have never had the game but when i can i play it at my friends houses..thats how i alright at the game...im from Gresham...but right now i live on the border of Troutdale and Gresham...so i live in Troutdale...but i am ever so loyal to Gresham...and me and the crew are really new at the hole crew battles and tournaments stuff...but we want a peace of it...and sorry about all the other stuff..and OC George first time we saw what you put about Gresham...oh man we hated you but now(at lease me)we are starting to like you haha......but any ways i cant wait...i feel like im going to make alot of friends on friday...i'll see you soon(if i get money) :p
Am I... the only.... person.... who is.... annoyed....... with people.... who... talk like....this....?....

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Well alright I am now confused about the pricing. 15 for every or for the entire. And man i have a lot of hype hope i am as good as all of my crew thinks :)

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
what are you...talking about...doc holidy? everyone...talks like........t...h...i...s.........

rawr...

Top Bottom