• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Completed - SF:E (Winter)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash

January 26th & 27th, 2007

To celebrate a new year of Smash, all Oregon smashers are invited to attend this two-day Smashfest, Tournament, & '06 Smash Awards Par-tay.
531 W. 11th Street, Apt. #1
Eugene OR, 97401
Contact #: (541) 687-6883
The events will begin on Friday with Low Tier (Doubles & Singles). Normal Doubles and Singles will take place on Saturday.

--------------------------------
Bonus Events
--------------------------------
Two additional events are scheduled after Singles is finished.

Best of OSM Tournament - the long awaited Ranking Tournament will be Round-Robin. Everyone plays 2 matches with all other players. The number of wins will be recorded and posted in the OSM thread. No entrance fee. No Johns.

2006 Smash Awards - All smashers who attend will receive ballots to vote for your favorite smashers in a variety of SSBM categories! Sorry, no voting for yourself! Votes will be counted at the end of the party and winners will get a cool surprise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday
4:00 Early Registration + Friendlies
5:00 Registration closes. Brackets for LT Doubles & Singles made.
5:00 Low Tier Doubles.
8:00 Low Tier Singles.
11:00 Leave U of O campus.
11:00 Friendlies/Sleep

Saturday
7:00 t!mmy wakes up
11:00 Exhilerating game of "Wake Up James"
11:30 Brackets for Doubles and Singles made
12:00 Doubles Tournament
3:00 Singles Tournament
6:00? Friendlies for however long everyone wants
??:?? (Crew Battles?!)

Sunday
t!mmy cleans up
Nothing else important, so people can stay to play

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please bring Wii/GCN & TVs
I'd really like there to be 1 TV for every 2 players to maximize gameplay and speed along tournaments.
Let me know if you are bringing any equipment so I can take it into account ahead of time.

NOTICE: I am in the process of making an Oregon Smash Video for all you awesome players. I also would like to put up tournament matches - so if you have a VCR, please bring it. And if anyone can bring a camcorder, do it! (I'm looking at you Foos) ^_^

Equipment List
  • t!mmy: GCN + Wii + 2 TVs + 1 VCR
  • Bart: GCN + TV + VCR
  • Foosjr: GCN + TV + VCR (+camcorder!)
  • Aftermath: Wii + TV
  • Joshisrad: GCN + TV
  • You! : GCN + TV + VCR
Entrance fee: $15

Prize Money Distribution:
LT Singles - 10% (60/40)
LT Doubles - 10% (60/40)
Singles - 40% (60/30/10)
Doubles - 40% (60/30/10)
BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller), as usual.
(see next post for tournament rules)

------------------------------
Food & Housing
Since this is a two-day event, eveyone is welcomed to sleep anywhere you can find room. Please bring a blanket/pillow, or at least a warm sweater.

I will be providing dinner for everyone, which will most likely be pasta but if you have any menu ideas, make sure to post it. I will try to provide additional meals/snacks, but feel free to bring your own food or money for food. Please refrain from bringing dead animals. As a heads-up, I won't have any soda so BYOSoda.

---------------------------------------------------
Current Roster of Attendees
(give a shout if you're not confirmed)
---------------------------------------------------

Eugene & Salem
  • t!mmy
  • t0mmy
  • DMStudios
  • ~Shin_Ganondorf~
  • Joshisrad
N-Oregon
  • Aftermath
  • Juce
  • FoosJr
  • Kevvviiinnn
  • OC George
  • Mysterious Corvallis Smasher
  • Emperor (Peach Masta)
  • Ryan
  • Devn
  • Airdeius
  • Maa$
  • Coco
  • Erik?
  • Ace?
  • Deus?
  • Master of Chu?
  • Kami?
  • Kaze?
  • Riot?
  • Mangler?
  • Gun?
  • Tyler?
S-Oregon
  • Balloon
  • Andy
  • Edgar?
? = Unconfirmed/Maybe

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
SF:E Ruleset
MLG-based

Singles

Match: 4 Stock
Time Limit: 8 mins.
Item Setting: None

Random Select stages
  • Final Destination - Special Stages
  • Battlefield - Special Stages
  • Yoshi's Story - Yoshi's Island
  • Fountain of Dreams - Dream Land
  • Dreamland - Past Stages
  • Pokemon Stadium - Kanto
Banned Stages
  • Flatzone - Superflat World
  • Icicle Mountain - Infinite Glacier
  • Temple - Hyrule
  • Great Bay - Termina
  • Fourside, Eagleland
  • Yoshi’s Island - Yoshi's Island
  • Brinstar Depths - Planet Zebes
  • Big Blue - F-Zero Grand Prix
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Mushroom Kingdom II
  • Venom - Lylat System
  • Corneria - Lylat System
  • Yoshi's Island - Past Stages
  • Princess Peach's Castle - Mushroom Kingdom
  • Kongo Jungle - DK Island
  • Onett - Eagleland
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order of play

Game 1

Each player chooses a controller slot.
Each player has 30 seconds to select a character or to call "Double Blind" selection.
You may not change characters once it is declared.
If a character is not selected after 30 sec., "Double Blind" selection is mandatory.
Stage knock-outs are declared.
All players must agree to the first stage, otherwise it is "Random" (see Random Select Stages listed above)
If the time limit runs out, winner is the player with the most stock.
In the event of tied stock, winner is the player with the least damage.
In the event of tied damage, Sudden Death is played out.

Game 2
Loser of Game 1 declares stage to be played in Game 2.
Winner of Game 1 declares character to be played in Game 2.
Loser declares character to be played in Game 2 and begins the game.

Game 3
If each player wins a Game, a third game is played to determine "Best of Three"
Loser of Game 2 declares any non-banned stage to be played next.
Winner of Game 2 declares character to be played in Game 3.
Loser declares character to be played in Game 3 and begins the game.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Additional Rules

"Double Blind" allowed for Game 1.
Stage Knockouts are allowed.
Random select stages cannot be knockedout.
No stage may be used twice in a given match except Random Select stages.
Finals (and Grand Finals) in the Winner's Bracket will be "Best of Five".
Stalling tactics and glitches that freeze the game or characters in the game are unallowed.
Illegally modified controllers are disallowed for tournament play.

---------------------------------
Doubles
---------------------------------

All rules for Singles apply when applicable. The following team rules also apply.

Friendly Fire: ON
Pause: OFF
Life Stealing: Allowed

Doubles Random Select Stages
  • Final Destination - Special Stages
  • Battlefield - Special Stages
  • Yoshi's Story - Yoshi's Island
  • Dreamland - Past Stages
  • Pokemon Stadium - Kanto
  • Kongo Jungle - Past Stages
Additionally Banned Stages in Doubles (due to lag)
  • Fountain of Dreams - Dreamland
  • Mute City - Grand-Prix
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Low Tiers (Singles & Doubles)

All rules for Singles and Doubles apply to Low Tier tournaments with character selection limited to "Low Tier" characters from the following list.

Allowable LT Characters
  • Donkey Kong
  • Roy
  • Young Link
  • Pikachu
  • Yoshi
  • Zelda
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Ness
  • Bowser
  • Kirby
  • Pichu
  • Mewtwo

Juce

Smash Ace
i think james should make his tang threads like this

and are you really going to game clucks? how are you getting there, and can i come with?!?!?!?

Balloon

Smash Lord
I am coming. End of discussion. I'm pretty sure Andy is coming as well. Edgar is always a big maybe, so we will see.

Also, what characters are playable in the low tier tournaments? I must know now...

When will all of this start on Friday? My only class gets out at 1:50, and I doubt I can miss it, but I can probably start driving right afterward.

Jesse, you better ****ing come to this one. It will be unacceptable and unforgivable if you do not attend.

Also, any players in Ashland, Oregon, wanting to possibly attend this tournament, make sure you get ahold of me, considering I'm your closest link to Eugene. I know you two are out there somewhere, and we have yet to smash it up.

Oh, also I know that I can bring at least one tv, one GCN, and one vcr. Chances are I could get maybe another. The cube I personally own would only be good for singles, however, as the fourth slot stopped working years ago o_O...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Jesse - I'm going to Game Clucks... if Eggz gives me a ride. >_> Also, make sure to mention if you're coming to SF:E and about what time you will arrive.

Bart - I'm waiting to put a definate starting time until I hear back from everyone. Holding it on a Friday will probably mean a later start since some people may not be able to get out of work/school until a specified time. I will add in the low tier list now.

Snap - If you're coming up all the way from Berkeley for an Oregon tourney, this might not be the one to choose. Right now the venue is small (my apartment), entrnace fee is minimal, and turn-out is limited (Oregon's best smashers). If you just happen to be in the area though, you're welcomed to join in.

Edit: Low Tier list is added. I decided to stick with the old standby of "DK and down", though Roy is now included in that with the new tier list. Low Tier approval/dismissal is still up for discussion guys. Let me know what you think.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I guess I'll go, but I more than likely won't be taking Andrew since he doesn't pay gas (other than to cover the annoying trip to pick him up) and I'm going to have to have Jesse pay most of that. We'll be down there around like 5:00 or 6:00 PM PDT.

OC George

Smash Apprentice
So ummm.....in your description of the tourney Timmy, it says "Normal Doubles and Singles will take place on Sunday"? Do you mean Saturday or is it really on Sunday? Im confused...

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I would like to go with anyone who could give me a ride if you can please either post it or pm me and tell me so i can confirm and yes i will pay for some gas. Unless george takes me because then i would be doing him a favor :)

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
sounds like funsies, t!mmeh is teh man

(i am not confirming my attendance in any way because there is a chance that i will be unable to make it.)

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I am going to definatly be there. I am bringing my crew so it will be bringing 6-8 people probably 8 so yeah it will be intense and any reason corneria is banned

Balloon

Smash Lord
Hey timmy, are you willing to waiver a bit in the entrance fees? Low tier tournaments, imo, should not even be 10 dollars, let alone 15. I know that Andy isn't planning on entering anything except regular doubles if all the tournaments are 15 dollars... It should be 5 dollar entrance fees for low tiers, and 10 for regulars imo.

OC George

Smash Apprentice
I would like to go with anyone who could give me a ride if you can please either post it or pm me and tell me so i can confirm and yes i will pay for some gas. Unless george takes me because then i would be doing him a favor :)
Doing me a favor? Lol your funny foos. I dont see how youd be doing me a favor seeing that all you would do is take up a seat in my car...

Oh by the way, not sure if i will be attending, ill keep you posted on that.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Hey timmy, are you willing to waiver a bit in the entrance fees? Low tier tournaments, imo, should not even be 10 dollars, let alone 15. I know that Andy isn't planning on entering anything except regular doubles if all the tournaments are 15 dollars... It should be 5 dollar entrance fees for low tiers, and 10 for regulars imo.
Actually, you read it wrong, for whatever reason, they grouped all of the entrance fees together, which is a bad idea, since there are people who won't want to enter all of the things, like Andy, or me.

Peach Masta - Corneria is notorious for camping, but it's not usually banned because it's usually personal preference on whether it's on or off. There are a lot of characters that gain a huge advantage on that stage simply because of annoying stall/camp tactics. I can show you Samus' trick on that stage if you want.

Foos - I might be able to pick you up, and maybe MoC if he wants to go too.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
i know george you have to go i promise i won't make fun of your girlfriend again if your on the phone with her :( unless of course you're going to go spend time with her but that doesn't matter, you have to go, and if you won't give me a ride then i guess ill take one from james again

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
OC George - It should read "Saturday"; I'll go change it.

Peach Masta - As James said, it's banned because of annoying stall/camping. Can you give me a list of the 6 - 8 names so I can make sure they're on the list.

Bart - Entrance fee covers all events. The prize money listed is the amount from the entire pot and then distributed to 1st/2nd/(3rd) place.

James - The reason I decided to group entrance fees is because I don't want to run tournaments with only a couple people and low pay-out. Are you bringing a Wii/TV?

Kevin - Make sure to get a ride, this is not a tournament to miss. Please confirm that you're coming. :D

Balloon

Smash Lord
I don't get what you're saying, Timmy. 15 dollars covers all events, but you can't take 60/30/10 out of the whole pot for one tournament... Care to elaborate more? Like, is it that 2.50 is how much each low tier is, and 5 for each regular?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Aftermath-I wouldn't be very interested in that trick because i don't play samus, but my friend likes her so you could show him

T!MMY-The names of them all they haven't figured out but what i have is me Gage: Emperor, Ryan: ?, Ace: ?, Devon: Devn, Kyle: Trat, Erik: ?, Alex: Maa$, Mike: Coco

Balloon

Smash Lord
Hey James, you should just bring Andrew along regardless that he won't help pay for gas. Just tell him that it would be nice if he did, but since you're gonna go anyway, you don't mind taking him along. I'm gonna be paying for all the gas to come to this even though I'm bringing possibly two or three others. I just let them know that it's nice if they help out, but it's not really a big deal if they don't since I'm gonna go either way...

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Well, I requested the later half of Friday off(after 5-ish) and all of Saturday, so I should be able to be there around 5:45-ish on Friday and all of Saturday/Sunday. I will attempt to bring Shin, but no guarantees. He is low on money at the moment, and he's worried he won't have enough for "important" things:embarrass in February.

t!MmY - Can I possibly come over for a little bit tomorrow? I've been dying to play some Smash since Shin has been too busy. . .

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I might Bart, but more than him not paying gas, it's that it's 45 minutes out of the way, and it's an annoying trip.

Timmy, you can't really expect Low Tier to be nearly as important as singles or have as many entrants, same reasoning that singles and teams almost never have the same number of entrants. It would be a lot better just to separate out the events, because only like 6-8 people think low tiers are fun, and there are way more people that would be entering teams or singles. Low payout and low number of entrants is just what happens with low tier since it's not very popular.

And yeah, I'll bring a TV and stuff.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Bart - $15 is entrance to SF:E. Tournament prizes are awarded based on a percent of the total pot (see list).

James - see if Andrew will meet you at your house, though I understand still giving seat priority to those who chip in for gas.

Tudios - School's snow'd out, so... Come over and play in the snoooow wih us
(If money is Shin's only John, I and everyone who ♥'s Shin, can contribute to the Save the Shin Foundation.)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Timmy, he can't meet me at my house, he never gets a ride anywhere, so it's not priority seating, it's me not wanting to go that far out of the way.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Oh, well that's understandable James.

Oh, and I see now what you're saying, cause I was completely overlooking the percentage on the left side of the (60/40). My bad XD.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
if james' car has enough room in it which i think it does i can bring my tv/cube/and even a vcr. Also is neone looking for a teammate for this tourney that is going for sure? because i don't have a team mate for smashfest again lol

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Team with a Flalco, the Lvl 9 CPU. :laugh:

BTW, I've added you to the equipment list, thanks. (don't forget the camcorder!)
Anyone else bringing TV/Cube?

FoosJr

Smash Ace
o yea lol ill bring that too and this time i will actually do interviews and stuff and since we will have vcr's there i won't have to record any matches with it yay!

i should team with a lvl 9 computer i will if everyone else has a team mate and doesn't mind it lol that lvl 9 will probably do better than me

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
So with this whole thing what time does it start because me and my chums could be there at like 3-4 or 5-6 because i have finals week so i can get there pretty early

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
It pains me to tell all of you that I will not be able to make it to this. My mom doesn't want to take me, and she said that even if one of you would pick me up, she wouldn't let you because she doesn't trust you guys enough yet. Sorry.

Oregon folk would have to be crazy or poor not to come to this GameClucks on the 13th!
It's gonna be HUGE!!!
We'll have Eastern Washington, Canadians, and every Washington regular+more Washington people!
COME ON SATURDAY!!!!

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
Oregon folk would have to be crazy or poor not to come to this GameClucks on the 13th!
It's gonna be HUGE!!!
We'll have Eastern Washington, Canadians, and every Washington regular+more Washington people!
COME ON SATURDAY!!!!
gtfo of our thread.
:rotfl: I just laughed so hard when I saw that for some reason.(maybe it was the timing) Bart, if there were still a rep system I would have just +rep'd you for it.

As far as the tounament goes, I'd love to attend but like last time I have no ride down. If someone could help out with that (James maybe?) then you could pretty much put me on the confirmed to come list.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Peach Masta - Friendlies and warm-ups start as soon as people show up, so 3:00 - 4:00 would be fine with me. It looks like most people won't make it until about 5:00 though.

Doc - too bad you can't come. Looks like Kevin will win "Youngest Smasher" award after all. :laugh:

Silent - We're both.

MoC - :rotfl:

T0MMY

Smash Master
I only just now heard of this big Gameclucks event. Maybe we should check on the WA threads more frequently... & inform us of big events a little sooner to make plans. (looks at date, hm... tomorrow...)

I request Smasta for dinner (Smash Pasta)

meta knighta

Smash Cadet
you know the ppl from gresham are going to win and you guys are lucky that im not going because my meta knight will kick your @$$

gresham all the way

-kyle

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Gresham FTW eh? I put my money on Eugene (not biased at all... >_>)

And... don't you know that Kirby always beats Meta-Knight? ha-ha.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I put my money on me, or Jesse.

<3 Bart, that's exactly what I was thinking while reading that.

MoC - I can probably pick you up for this is I'm also picking up Foos, otherwise, beg OC George to take you. I hear he likes Pokemon cards and shrimp.

Jesse - Call me when you see this unless I call you first.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
It pains me to tell all of you that I will not be able to make it to this. My mom doesn't want to take me, and she said that even if one of you would pick me up, she wouldn't let you because she doesn't trust you guys enough yet. Sorry.
i know how you feel doc. that's EXACTLY how my parents act. it's either them drive me there, or no one at all haha. but i'm probably gonna make it to the SF:E just to go pick up my award.

how young is this kevin
i am fourteen years of age, i arrived on the tournament scene not too long ago, and i've been to three tournaments.

Top Bottom