• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou Hisoutensoku Thread

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
The replays of Ussi vs me are uploading they should be up in 3-4 hours at this url : http://youtu.be/Gxqk-iZ7QVA
There are 6 games out of the 8 that were recorded, the last 2 seem to desynch wtf.
Also it's ****ing hard to input 623s and such when there's someone else playing on the same keyboard :mad:
Oh wait it was because I forgot my adaptator :I

Edit: it's up.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea keep in mind we both are playing on the same keyboard. I couldn't 3a when i was facing to the right for some reason ;-

Still it was really fun.

EDIT: I sent 10 replays too o_o; Youmu replays are what i want others to see the most :\ (and there were 4 Youmu replays)

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
@ Ussi - That's why you should get used to playing with a controller.
It feels a bit more difficult to do strings of complicated inputs, but you don't have to worry about having to share a keyboard EVER AGAIN.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I want to get a new xbox controller for myself.. but meh..

Just wanna say, I've been working on my hard reads in soku.. as in I start just punishing button presses with Youmu's 5 card run past. Example: Game 2 is starting, I notice my opponent has a control rod on top.. So I predict him to go for it so at the start.. I wait 1 second then we both use our cards at the same time where he takes like 70% damage right off the bat xD (he used so many control rods)

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Or ya know, bring your own keyboard.

OR EVEN BETTER:
Mod a stick setup with keyboard buttons intead a la Madscientist from meltybread.

Also, how do you work on hard reads when they differ from every person lol

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Just wanna say, I've been working on my hard reads in soku.. as in I start just punishing button presses with Youmu's 5 card run past. Example: Game 2 is starting, I notice my opponent has a control rod on top.. So I predict him to go for it so at the start.. I wait 1 second then we both use our cards at the same time where he takes like 70% damage right off the bat xD (he used so many control rods)
Hmm... Now why does this sound familiar. Oh wait.

I got used to playing on a keyboard enough that I was thinking of getting a hitbox.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
touhou project is an entire series of games, the majority of which are 'bullet hell' scrolling games, google it for further details

hisoutensoku is one of the 2d doujin 'fighters', which are in a separate category and should be discussed separately

im not sure why hisoutensoku talk has spilled over or vice versa

tl;dr both threads are worthy of existence, one for the most recent fighter, one for the bullet hell series as a whole

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
touhou project is an entire series of games, the majority of which are 'bullet hell' scrolling games, google it for further details

hisoutensoku is one of the 2d doujin 'fighters', which are in a separate category and should be discussed separately

im not sure why hisoutensoku talk has spilled over or vice versa

tl;dr both threads are worthy of existence, one for the most recent fighter, one for the bullet hell series as a whole
Alright, thanks for explaining it to me. ^^;

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ayaya... I keep forgetting to get on the Lobby or IRC when I'm in town (and therefore, actually able to play without outstanding, incredible, breathtaking lag).

If anyone ever sees "SkyPirateCoud" on there, please challenge me.
I need the experience and the only people that are ever on when I log in are halfway across the world. :<

asianaussie

Smash Hero
heh, this game

australia had a pseudo-tourney thing for this yesterday, i didn't compete because exams :(

i might link replays here if they go up/people are interested, it's mid-high level play

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Which branch of High-Level play? Perfected defense super Suwako camping time, Amazing offense Iku dance party, or Fantastic balance Suika drinking fest*?

*The three characters I see most often at these branches of high level play respectively

asianaussie

Smash Hero
suwako might not be top tier, but she still stomps on noobs if you are terrible at defence

i haven't watched the replays myself, so i can't tell you, but it's a pretty diverse set of characters we have here (our best player uses everyone very well, surprisingly)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
More Dance Party, IMO. Dunno how Suwako and Suika are considered amazing. Suwako's kinda bad.

:phone:
They aren't amazing, but in those branches of high-level play, those are the characters that preform best.

Top level great characters are like, Patchy, Iku, Remi, Yuyu, and Sakuya.

Yuyuko can be pretty dumb on defense though, for what it's worth. It's just that Suwako is SuperCamping ltd. in the defensive end of high-level play.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I came into the Light House for like the first time ever, and I was kind of surprised to see this game on first page.

Too bad I'm a huge Immaterial and Missing Power fan :(

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Whose idea was it to add weather? Its almost as bad as tripping (middle of blocking while on the last bit of my life, TYPHOON)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I hate hate hate the weather that makes you move to be a certain distance between each other. I lose so many combos off that. Diamond dust... Lol i'm not at a high enough level to notice it greatly, but no ground teching makes it easy pressure :s

The Star King

Smash Hero
+1 support for an IaMP thread even though I don't know how to meter manage in that game.
We could make an IaMP thread.

Or we could discuss it here and bother the Soku-only people :troll:

Also I haven't gotten into the sequels much, so sorry if dumb question, but please tell me there's a way to remove weather?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
None. There's a hacked ver of 1.06 that removes weather though. But no one plays that version.

The Star King

Smash Hero
:(

I'm highly considering getting into Soku since IaMP is kind of DEAD *sob*, but ew...

What do you guys like about this game in terms of mechanics (not fan content), compared to IaMP? Serious question.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Neat, I was just getting back into this game.
I'll be in the lobby for a bit, if anyone wants to EXPOSE my Aya/Meiling.

Probably my last day in-town.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
People in general like the 8 directional flying for soku.

That and more characters and fancy attacks.

Isn't the iamp channel still active?

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
IaMP Marisa > Soku Marisa. Puffballs and j.b loops all day. I also like it because it's more of a traditional fighter, but I'm much better at Soku. I like playing both, really.

About Suwako (I think this was linked before, not sure): http://youtu.be/coJxDZw4GAI

Sakuya on Diamond Dust is like: corner Killing Doll 2b 2c 236c GC ggs. Next time we play Ussi, I better expect that and not my Alice winning.

Top Bottom