• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou Hisoutensoku Thread

asianaussie

Smash Hero
youmu 66C should only cancel into spellcards, no? skillcards too maybe?

uh...midscreen 66C > blue/green sword...near corner 66C > runpast/blue/green sword

CH 66C > 22C :cool:

or 2C j5a j?a maybe

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
youmu 66c is really used for hj catches/punishes, which will make it counterhit. you could go for j5a j6a 6c then maybe off a wallbounce
i had a bunch of youmu stuff written here and smashboards decided to derp up on me ;( anyway a little of the combo stuff i had written, assuming default skills
midscreen or corner, 5aaaa 214c 214b 214c. iirc you can pull it off with just the c version, but it might be harder and the c version changes once leveled/in sprinkle so this is more reliable
5aaa 6a 6c (22b/j5a j6a), you can use 6a airtightly after 5aaa for a high hit, though if it was on block then you have better followups
use a lot of f2a and f5a as pressure x_x also TK j2a in pressure too good. something that really messes me up is good use of 2c, hard to notice that thing when its lagging behind a running youmu
j5a j6a 6c 44/66 j5a j6a, wall bounce after 6c i think, if you can get in j8a instead of j6a does more damage
2a*n 623c (spellcard) SOOO STUPID getting this much damage off of 2a, only thing worse is remi 5a to five card. you can get like 5 2a's off if you dashed right into the guy beforehand. use spellcards like slash of eternity, slash of present, green sword?
dial a (66aa/j5a j6a/whatever), oh, in corner, i think this does more damage than 5aaaa 214(not leveled) and doesnt waste orbs

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Hmm, what does everyone think Utsuho's and Cirno's best Oki options are? I'm not big on combos but I try to do my best at learning spacing and Oki options when I play a game. However, Soku has such long wakeup invincibility I find it hard to apply pressure effectively.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
For Utsoho 6B is decent. Realistically though you're better of just throwing a 5a/6a/airdash j.5a at them on wake up.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You want to apply pressure effectively? Play Youmu.

Seriously though, you can pretty much force them to block with every character and then go into your pressure strings again, you just happen to play two characters who aren't very good. Cirno's mix-up is fun, but her lack of range is TERRIBLE. Utsuho is definitely not the kind of character you're looking for with bad dashes and slow moves.

I'd recommend looking into Youmu or Remillia. Or Komachi if you're interested in a more abused but heavily momentum based character.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Or sakuya.

Alice has really neat oki if you have the effective spells on hand. She sucks elsewhere though lolol.

I also love doing sanae's game end oki setup :troll:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
when i picked up marisa i did it because i could do one sort-of-cool combo with her lol

im over that prideful stage of playing lots of characters, vs humans im playing patch and patch alone nowadays

bit boring, but i get better faster

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Problem is I hate how like all of those characters play. It's hard for me to get good with a character if they don't flow with me. :c
That would be why we're suggesting things, unless what you posted in thread isn't what you're looking for in a character.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i've been playing some Okuu.. its quite fun though i still only dial A combo.. trying to get into that AA 6A 6C habit.

I love her beam projectile too.. yaay laser beams.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Anyone feel like bringing a soku setup at apex ? I feel like it'll be my only chance to play US players without unbearable lag.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I am bringing my laptop which will have soku on it. I'm bringing it to record brawl though so... Sunday probably is the only day i'm not gonna be recording something. We can play while Street fighter and marvel finals go on. I'm gonna be watching melee and brawl finals though.

I don't have a pad though.. (my control stick broke on my current xbox controller) so you'll have to bring your own controller for it... I'm sticking to the keyboard unless someone wants to let me use their pad.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well that's true do have the lobby installed, so I can use that. But isn't this about playing in person at apex anyways?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Telu and I had fun playing some Soku at Apex. Telu didn't have his controller so we both ended up playing on the keyboard.

It was better than watching MK dittos for the umpteenth time for winner's finals for sure xD

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
That's a pretty legit reason imo.
We've saved a few replays so when Ussi sends them to me and I come back from NY I'll upload them on youtube.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Characters don't become good. The only thing that changes is our perception of them.

I'm sensing some bias in the A tier. Aya ought to be sitting under Youmu in B and The top two of B+ (Marisa and Patchy) ought to be A. There's a clear divide between those two and Tenshi/Alice.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I really want to see a video of a top level Cirno wrecking another top level player... Anyone got a vid i can see?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
i have a feeling it was a single player who pushed alice up

i wish i was good enough to discuss the list
Well look at her tools. She can space like a mother****er and her set-ups lead to some really nasty pressure once she gets going. Her problem is when someone gets in, it makes Shanghai cry.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I really want to see a video of a top level Cirno wrecking another top level player... Anyone got a vid i can see?
not really wrecking, but it shows off what cirno can do, sorta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ml8PF9OVc

alice has enormous aerials and that 6A is just so ridiculously large, you need to position yourself properly so you aren't opened up to 2.5k combos all day...but i still don't know exactly what makes her tick...i only know patchy and cow to any real extent

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
DAMN. Now I can't whine about maining a low-tier.
What made Aya jump like that, anyway?

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
You can do anything with Suika and make it work.
No way Alice is better than Yukari and Youmu...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I've never been sold on Youmu. I've also thought Alice was undersold. Aya and Yukari being that high and low respectively does baffle me.

Top Bottom