• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou Hisoutensoku Thread

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'd asssssssume Remilia would be pretty good at it, too.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Youmu and Remi are good anti-camp.

That's because of their high speed and high priority. Remi can cover large areas pretty quick while putting pressure with dense bullets. Youmu just runs into your face with j5a and makes you eat stagger strings all day.

There should be a video out there with a Remi vs a Patchy that uses a bullet hell type deck where the Remi just went through the entire thing pretty easily.

That's also the reason why they're high tier (with Remi being just under Sakuya I believe?)

So that's two chars out of the roster lol. It's not like you can rush these two chars down either. They have good reversal type attacks and escape options coupled with high damage punishes (as high as soku can get anyway lolol)

Either way, a majority of the game is geared towards defensive gameplay than offensive. I mean, it's a derivative of a game that focuses on projectiles lol. Of course the game should be more about grazing than up in your face.

If you like the neutral game and flying around a lot, then this is the game for you~

Crusayer

Smash Lord
If the person isn't dumb and used both air dashes at a high height, I can easily just fly downward and you'd whiff. I've tried catching jump outs using it. It doesn't work.

EDIT: Nvm, it's not height homing, but rather it's a static height adjustment from your base position. Either way, risky as hell punish that probably won't work (read jump out + fly upwards)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
why are you guys losing to camp
^^^. Camp is really less important the better you get at this game. It's all about (avoiding and performing) guard pressure and oki imo. Also BR we should play when I shake my rust off but at the same time I don't want to get blown up by an Alice lmao.

;_; wtb Komachi guide
Moth is a good Komachi, he can help you here. Unfortunately I feel that Komachi is actually one of the few characters who has a legit problem vs. camping.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
The "avoid" part is so important in high level play. Then you have two good players that are good at avoiding and you have a match where it's just bullets everywhere and two characters flying away from each other.

If I could somehow get swr demo physics back, I'd play this game. Marisa, Aya, and Alice all played so sexy in that version...

I was way more hyped watching this match (and the other matches) than any soku game I've ever seen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yfU2gdzv90

Kinda ironic these two chars are now bottom tier. Oh well. Fyi, Alice player was japan's best IaMP player (and thus probably world's best) at the time. Although, he was turtling a bit much in the first game. No match influencing weather, tight strings, strong combos, no 5 card reversal BS~

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I hate weather :| Whose bright idea was to add that?

Moth is a good Komachi, he can help you here. Unfortunately I feel that Komachi is actually one of the few characters who has a legit problem vs. camping.
Not that I can't deal with camping, i'm just a bad player that doesn't know how to play and is terrible with inputs like 236 214 and 623 is the woooorst...

I don't know any air combos, don't follow up my jA2 well and only rely on a dial A combo.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
lol sold, you can play my yukari instead ;P I'm always on lobby if I'm free, so..

and ussi, komachi doesn't have much that's worth it besides completing dial a then a one move followup, starting with a 5a..
5aaaa f5a/3a/66a/alt236b reaper/sp life cut
5aa 5b 6c alt236b reaper
airhit 5a 3a alt236b reaper
j2a 66c, j2a j2a 6/2c, j2a 3a alt236b reaper
These are like the only combos I've ever seen lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I liked the game where i won punishing your 5 cards with Youmu's slash of eternity for both rounds.

so what I've noticed in myself:

Youmu: I'm half and half aggro/punish style. Half the time i'm aggro, half the time i'm punishing (or trying too).

Komachi: I'm 80% just punishing (or trying too) with 1-2 hits ._., if i'm lucky dial A combo > reaper 236 alt or AA 5b boat. 20% is just me landing a j2a or a 66b on the offensive..

I do like using the luck based 6[A] > boat with souls spell card, i can either get a lot of damage, or below average.. But its a legit combo.. just depends where the souls decide to fly...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No timer doesn't mean a campy style is ineffective.

You can play as campy as you want. But I hate super defensive play and just frustrates me.

For characters like patchy, 5C (and her other bullets) zoning is so good to control space that staying far away isn't that bad. So what you then get is long *** match where the patchy is staying back and using 5C and w/e to keep you zoned for like FIVE MINUTES since she has no reason to approach. At least other fighters have a 99 timer so it doesn't go on that long. Suika's the same, yuyuko, sakuya, etc.

Some people appreciate defensive play. I hate it.
God, I love this game.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I can't host while I'm in college but I should be able to over holiday and Summer breaks. I use Alice, Cirno, Okuu, and Iku (Though I don't like the pressure associated with playing an SSSSS tier character, Damn it Makoto, why you so good in CS2?). And suck against Komachi forever because of that rage inducing crossup J2A that I don't know how to deal with ever.

I have far more frustration with Yuyu's C's than Patchy's 5C.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Iku (Though I don't like the pressure associated with playing an SSSSS tier character)
Nah. Iku is just a normal character. She's pretty good. Like above average. And then you just use her 5 card and it makes all the girls scream. Personally my problem with playing Iku is I just feel dirty using her 5 card, I actually intentionally try not to. All things accounted for I don't think Iku's "SSSSS tier" or even the best character in the game.

And suck against Komachi forever because of that rage inducing crossup J2A that I don't know how to deal with ever.
If you want to make them feel dumb, you can just jump. It literally has no hitbox directly in front of it. Otherwise you'll just have to learn how the move is spaced.

http://hisouten.koumakan.jp/images//thumb/9/90/Komachi_j2a.png/300px-Komachi_j2a.png

I have far more frustration with Yuyu's C's than Patchy's 5C.
THIS :mad:

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
not like i know the difference or anything

i'm still learning blockstrings
Koma's blockstrings are crap, you're going to have to rely on massive hitboxes surprising people and catching them not blocking. Also setting up for air unblockables, screw that 3a.
If you mean Youmu, you're going to be learning for forever.

and iku's annoying as hell

asianaussie

Smash Hero
iku's lightning palace reversal is rage-inducing, same with yuyucow's butterfly reversals

and all reversals for that matter

loving me some tenshi j2C

also, is tenshi AA 2B 5C 623B an actual combo? seems too good to be true, even if it only works point blank

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Koma's blockstrings are crap, you're going to have to rely on massive hitboxes surprising people and catching them not blocking. Also setting up for air unblockables, screw that 3a.
If you mean Youmu, you're going to be learning for forever.

and iku's annoying as hell
I need to learn blockstrings of every character so I know what to expect, when its safe to BE, if i can jump or something.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
also, is tenshi AA 2B 5C 623B an actual combo? seems too good to be true, even if it only works point blank
Yes it's a combo. Or at least when I tried. I check combos and see if I'm doing it right by going to practice and making the dummy block after 1 hit. If it does block, it's either not a combo or I messed up. I do the same with aerial combos.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
iku's lightning palace reversal is rage-inducing, same with yuyucow's butterfly reversals

and all reversals for that matter

loving me some tenshi j2C

It is a legit combo. If you don't want to learn her harder combos, it's a great combo to default to. If you can do the harder combos or just practice them or something, 5aa 2b hjc9 j.2b d3 j.5a 5aa 2b 623c is SO swag. Tenshi's really good.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i used to think that 2b j2b and the like were hard

then i realised the timing for most moves that chain like that is really slack (mainly tenshi and sakuya)

still can't get patch 6c j6c 66 j5a consistently though

Crusayer

Smash Lord
There are no combos that are worth doing that are actually hard to do. \o/

Any harder ones aren't worth it for the amount of orbs they take and the tiny little bit of extra damage (mainly looking at those IAD3 Aya combo video material stuff) as well as the possibility of dropping it. Best combos are obviously the hard knockdown / blue ring combos.

Though that suwa 3k combo is pretty strict iirc and only uses like 2 orbs?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
While its not that impressive..

I almost did a complete air combo with Youmu today :D i feel the progress is starting to show now. Getting more used to having to input combos and basically buffering the next hit in a combo.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I hope none of you guys are MASHING your combos out due to how soku's buffer system works.

It is the worst habit you can develop in this game since it will probably transfer over to another fighting game. My friend did this and now when I look at his inputs for any other fighter, it's all mashing buttons for his combos (making him drop everything that requires precision inputs).

Please, for your future improvement, learn the attacks' timing yourself and don't mash on it. Don't even mash on your dial A combos.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
dial A is the only thing i mash if i hit confirm the first 2 hits :x I will drop it if the first 2 hits are blocked by the 3rd/4th hit just hit cause the guy dropped his guard for some reason.

My air combo i just hold the j6a input while my j5a is out. Once i hitconfirm the j6a i of the rest of the air combo.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I love practicing and mastering combos offline and realizing that none of it actually works in online play.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I only run 2 combos on Youmu

1 ground combo (dial combo) and 1 air combo.

Then I learn to how combo into spell cards (either AAA or AAAA) I have not yet learn other hitconfirms. I do also do work on learning to punish with spellcards

My real main focus is blockstrings and getting out of blockstrings

asianaussie

Smash Hero
> practise semi-complex 66b combos until they're doable in my sleep
> realise you don't ever land 66b in actual matches
> end up using nothing but patch jump-in j5a 4c 5c and bullets

it's better now, but it made me feel so bad when i first started

Top Bottom