• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou Hisoutensoku Thread

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's an thing that a LOT of people have an issue with.

I play Patchy and I can crush you if you let me, but mostly I just chip you and reset and then play Marisa so I can be silly.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Gravity Beat or go home.
fixed for objectivity

one does not simply approach a Patchouli (if they're any good at all with the A button, anyway)

j6a is ridiculous, combine it with the sunflower you probably have from infinity 5Cs and momentum is all yours, have fun

emerald city is hilarious, but sadface since you have to give up doyo spears

asianaussie

Smash Hero
my normal deck is 4/4 skills (usually summer red/static green), 2 gourd and then some mix of drizzly rain/royal flare/sunflower/serene, i was just trying out emerald city for the lulz (and winter element is a pretty good replacement for doyo)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Patchy has the highest (IIRC) spirit regen in the game. Grimoires are a waste of deck space. You should be able to manage your spirit without them.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
my normal deck is 4/4 skills (usually summer red/static green), 2 gourd and then some mix of drizzly rain/royal flare/sunflower/serene, i was just trying out emerald city for the lulz (and winter element is a pretty good replacement for doyo)
I used Emerald City waaaaaaay back before I knew Static Green existed.

I run 4/4/4 skills in Summer Red, Static Green, and Dew Spear. Then I run 4 Deluge, 3 St Elmo's, and 1 Royal Flare.

MU dependent I may play my second deck. It's 4/4/4 Wipe Moisture, Diamond Hardness, Static Green. Then I run the same supers except that the 5 card is Royal Diamond Ring.

I've been meaning to change that one to replace the 2 Cards with Dolls and replace the St Elmo's with Sunflower.

Then my joke deck is themed around Flamethrower and Emerald Metropolis.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I think sunflower is almost mandatory, the control that card gives is ridiculous

doyo spears...what's the difference between lv0 and lv4?

Elmos sometimes seems like a wasted card, considering changing it up

never used 5cost honeycomb, what does it have over royal flare, and how does it change a matchup if its a one-of?

:phone:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Elmo works on wakeup (lol) and is useful fullscreen, but damagewise deluge is nearly the same and is air usable (random j5a hitconfirms are stupid easy but honestly, 4b 5c is plenty strong)

Yeah, i would rather use spellcards for reversal/break/oki

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Elmo works on wakeup (lol) and is useful fullscreen, but damagewise deluge is nearly the same and is air usable (random j5a hitconfirms are stupid easy but honestly, 4b 5c is plenty strong)

Yeah, i would rather use spellcards for reversal/break/oki
You also get Elmo's out of some other useful hit confirms that Deluge doesn't work well with such as Summer Red and 66B.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I think sunflower is almost mandatory, the control that card gives is ridiculous

doyo spears...what's the difference between lv0 and lv4?

Elmos sometimes seems like a wasted card, considering changing it up

never used 5cost honeycomb, what does it have over royal flare, and how does it change a matchup if its a one-of?

:phone:
Royal Diamond Ring has freaking stupid stage control and still does a lot off most of the same confirms.

Dew Spear lasts a LOT longer at level 4.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I was more objecting to the idea of a one-of

I think I would prefer geyser lv4 over doyo, mainly throw it for oki or from ground 5c (and flashy 66b confirm)

Deluge does 2.5k from any number of hits of 66b and ch summer red at mid distance - you wont land many 66bs in a match anyway

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Geyser 4? Sure. Geyser 2 vs Dew Spear 2? Not a chance.

Imo, Dew Spear works much better for Oki and the two are really close in speed out of ground 5C.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Lv1 of both is enough for me in most matches. I get a reversal and lv4 summer red (that **** changes games completely), and idk if i want to dedicate room for anything else skillcard-wise

asianaussie

Smash Hero
My contact in the japan scene tells me japanese patchs use sunflower, selene, royal flare and philosopher's mainly

What do you think patch is supposed to play like?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Chip, force approaches, and punish. Unless you're running Wipe Moisture.

Philosopher Stone is GOOD, but takes more work than I want to put in.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
That was emphasis that its god damn annoying as it is with a character that can handle it fairly proficently. I'm so terrible fighting Patch too. How does one generally approach Patch?
Don't you play Komachi? As a witness to many things, I will tell you that match-up is horrendous. Your only real hope is to keep her grounded at all times. Meaning you gotta read every jump and answer it with your 66c or 3a or j6a or something. If she's in the air your options vs 5c >into stuff are super limited and really bad and once she's declared some screen control vs you and can use stuff other than 5c it only gets worse. I think what's really important (related to Ryker's advice) is recognizing when you need to be essentially reckless and running in and when you need to just sit back. I suppose that's something that comes with experience.

Also in unrelated news to all that, I got a bead art of Tenshi made. I am happy.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yup. That's mostly what you do with your blockstrings. Chip under threat of physical, but if they let you land a hit or guard crush, go ahead.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't you play Komachi? As a witness to many things, I will tell you that match-up is horrendous. Your only real hope is to keep her grounded at all times. Meaning you gotta read every jump and answer it with your 66c or 3a or j6a or something. If she's in the air your options vs 5c >into stuff are super limited and really bad and once she's declared some screen control vs you and can use stuff other than 5c it only gets worse. I think what's really important (related to Ryker's advice) is recognizing when you need to be essentially reckless and running in and when you need to just sit back. I suppose that's something that comes with experience.

Also in unrelated news to all that, I got a bead art of Tenshi made. I am happy.
I play Youmu. I sometimes use Komachi because i have fun playing Komachi... and sometimes jam is a ******* and picks Alice/Patch against my Komachi

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That makes me feel bad for every time I did it. Every time we play I chose my characters randomly without any knowledge of the matchup.
it just makes winning a game that much more fun for me. With my hard spacing reads... then you spam Patch's invincible thunderbolt strike thing.. dammit.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Static Green so good though.

Any useful 214 skills? I have never used Autumn Blade and that seems the best. I remember trying out some and then just stopped at Force Lasher because I was too lazy to try anything else. Plus, swords are cool.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Default 214 is meh even when levelled

force lasher is for swag off random hits (try j2(A) > j236c)

Autumn blade is a good air-castable spell that you can cancel into from c (better trajectories than summer red and you can ad out fast, unlike flash of spring), but I dont run it personally

Static Green is only invincible at lv2+

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I play Youmu. I sometimes use Komachi because i have fun playing Komachi... and sometimes jam is a ******* and picks Alice/Patch against my Komachi
I play against a Komachi loyalist and find her to be one of my main, Alice's, hardest matchups. Kamaitachis snuff nearly everything before I can even toss it out, and she punishes extremely hard on Alice's wiffed A's. Maybe I'm just not seeing something but it seems like Alice has almost no real anti-air options against a cieling happy Komachi.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
How did Komachi get to the ceiling anyway? You wait for her to run out of spirit and then remind her about gravity.

Top Bottom