• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Totally Normal Mafia [Game Over, Town and Independent Win]

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Mid-Day 3 Vote Count:
(3) Rockin: Macman, Florida, Handorin
(1) Omis: KevinM
(1) KevinM: Frozenflame751

(4) Not voting: Mentosman, Omis, Rockin, Marshy

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is the end of Friday, August 21st, EST.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Have you ever been in a game with me.. where I haven't killed you N1?

I don't feel the need to sow seeds of mistrust or dissent in a group of players when I'd much rather just come out, call the other person on his scumminess and be done with it.

I didn't agree with Chaco's claim because frankly an amnesiac role I'd never heard of. Sorry for me being suspicious of a role I've never seen before. Want me to claim? I'm the britney spears back up dancer. That doesn't sound suspicious to you?

Case and point.

[For the ********: I am not actually BSBD]
I'm not sure, have I been in such a game? :laugh: In all likelyhood I have, but you played differently early on in SWF mafia.

Being pointed and succinct is all well and good, but borderline babyjesusing isn't. You can keep you suspicions and the way you voice them simple, but that doesn't mean you can skip the most important part of any accusation: the justification.

If you omit that, why should we take anything you say seriously? If we don't know why you think what you do, or hold whatever opinion you have, what makes you think we could possibly understand where you're coming from? As I've said time and time again, reading people's intentions through not just what they say, but WHY they say it, is basically the core of mafia.

Anyone who argues that such content can be omitted as a result of "playstyle" has an undeniable ****ty playstyle and antitown mentality.

Anyway, here's the difference between you never having heard of the amnesiac role, and us never having heard of "BSBD". Any sensible player could go have a look around the internet and EASILY read up on what the amnesiac role entails. It may be a rare role, but it certainly has precedent. Your example however, lacks said precedent entirely. The difference being, NO ONE has ever heard of "BSBD", but YOU just haven't heard of the amnesiac, and easily could have found out what it is from people who HAVE. So unfortunately, your "BSBD" analogy does not prove your "case and point."

KevinM said:
I've been going after smashman and suspicious of him ever since his, elect a town leader post. You realize by electing a town leader you only have to influence one person, which is IDEAL for the mafia, how does that post not leave a sour taste in your mouth, perhaps your getting tunnel visioned now that you're actually alive for more then the first day.
Alright, so you've had your sights set on him since day one, for an admittedly poor suggestion on his part early in the game. That's fine, until you consider the fact that you've refused to comment on ANY content (or at least, in any substantial manner) from that point onward. I completely agree that electing a town leader is moronic, and it definitely did leave a bad taste in my mouth, but it took a back seat to some of the other behavior that I saw in the thread, and as you saw, I commented on. I certainly don't think I'm getting tunnel visioned, I just happened to direct discussion away from the Macman v Chaco **** to what I felt were the next two most prominent scummy behaviors, those being your and Marshy (initially).

KevinM said:
Btw I'm glad you're here :D
=D I'm glad you're glad I'm here. 'Tis fun times playing in a game with more than 1 day of content. XD

Anyway, concerning Rockin, I'm starting to lean toward his lynch. His reactions to the accusation rubbed me the wrong way. I'll come back with some specifics after work (and after I've had some more time to think about it some more) but the scum vibes I've gotten from him have only gotten stronger.

Unvote: KevinM for now. Expect my final decision on Rockin tonight.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I think Rockin's lynch is pretty much set now. His reactions to the claimed watcher report on him were bad(confirming the watcher, yet seeming to portray Hando as a tracker to explain that visiting the death doesn't mean you killed them.) Not only that, but an extremely convenient non-verifiable role claim. Lastly, his response to Macman was WAY too defensive. A townie would realize them, with no powers, would be a better lynch than a claimed watcher, but he got extremely angry and defensive at the comment.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha from the sounds of things you're going to hammer relatively quick, and I want to give FF a chance to post one more time in case he ends up dying on his version of N1

Omis

my friends were skinny
Hey guys something just hit me let's just lynch Florida, Omis, Rockin, or all 3 and see what happens I'll help.

Unvote: whoever, Vote: Rockin
This is dumb. You guys are just more suspicious than others and we really need a fun wagon. Why does half the game feel the need to devote a one-liner post questioning me. You all OBVIOUSLY have me pegged. More content.

Florida as an addendum Omis and Rockin can take priority over you and if they're both Town we can go from there.
Actually I just realized Kevin's vote on Omis is the only other person actually using his vote which is real lame. But on the upside I can help him wagon.

Unvote: Rockin, Vote: Omis, FOS: Rockin
Macman do you wanna be lynched or something? I think Hando should decide whether or not to reveal his investigations.

Rockin who is your scumbuddy? Is it Omis like it was in TLI? He sounds exactly the same here.
If there's a vig, kill Omis toNight.
Seriously Marshy what the heck. You have been gutting this entire day and its getting pretty annoying. Why dont you past some actual reasons as to why we should all wagon me? People asked you earlier and all you did was imaturely respond that they need more content when you yourself had no content at all. What makes me suspicious? Or am I just suspicious and my questioning stupid?

While this may be minor, why does Marshy want the hammer so bad? I think he may have a special role or something. When it was L-2 he unvoted then now he refuses to vote so he can hammer.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Already explained myself. You really need to die soon. If it's not over by then, Florida does. If still not, mafia'll probably have kept me around so I'll worry about it then.

How about I vote now and you can hammer your scumbuddy?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright here's the deal. I am ready and willing to vote Rockin. However I have one condition.

Marshy, you know that I don't feel comfortable with how lynch happy you've been this game. I can see the pace of the game as being a source for some of that, but I simply can't tolerate you continuously tossing out prospective targets over and over again, trying to get into people's heads.

I promise to immediately place my vote on Rockin if you do the following:

In a single post, present at least one line of reasoning each for why you would so readily lynch Omis and Florida, and place your vote on Rockin.

I'll be the one to hammer. I trust you enough to not lynch you, but your playstyle still makes me uneasy and I'd rather not do everything your way. =P

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, I would prefer not to put Marshy in a position to hammer, or anyone for that matter, without him answering that question. I want him to have to explain his intentions before tomorrow, because I can't count on me living to get to it Day 4.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
And Omis. frozen probably is town because I think as mafia he'd stick to being suspicious of me and building a case, stingers breadcrumbed a role that's usually Town and wasn't very suspicious to begin with, and Hando, Kevin, and mentos have all been pretty tight. That leaves you three. Maaaaaybe frozen but probably not.
I should clarify what I mean by Hando, Kevin, and mentos being tight. I mean, the way they've been playing has been very consistent with how they've played as Town in other games on here, Kevin and mentos more than Hando. But Hando has the Watcher claim and we're about to lynch scum. That leaves Florida and Smashman/Omis who haven't really done anything to scream Town. I'd be way happier with them dying than anyone else, and seeing what happens afterwards.

Plus I like how Omis hasn't said a thing about Rockin.

Vote: Rockin

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
And Omis gets priority over Florida. With what we have now, Omis D4, Florida D5.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If it means we can finally generate some discussion about Omis tomorrow I'm all for the lynch on the scummy Rockin.

Especially since he was watched coming into the room of the dead person and his defense was incredibly shoddy afterwards.

Also I don't like how Omis hasn't said a thing about Rockin and instead attacked Marshy.

Interesting indeed.

Unvote

Vote and Hamma: Rockin

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Also I don't like how Omis hasn't said a thing about Rockin and instead attacked Marshy.
This.

Frozen, Hando, Kevin, Macman and mentos are all Town or at least not mafia. Florida and Omis asap.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Mid-Day 3 Vote Count:
(5) Rockin: Macman, Florida, Handorin, Marshy, KevinM
(4) Not voting: Mentosman, Omis, Rockin, Frozenflame751

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

You guys lynch Rockin and it turns out he's Norm L. Normington, Mafia Godfather.

Handorin, the female character in an animated sitcom who has a gambling addition in an attempt to make the character interesting, independent-aligned has satisfied his gambling addiction and leaves the game.

Night 3 begins. Actions are due at the end of Monday, August 17th, EST.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
ooooooooooWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEoooooooooooooooooooooo!

You are all goin' back to your whatever it is as the sun is setting and... it starts rising again. The night never really got a chance to start.

Day 4 begins. With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Handorin

Smash Hero
GG guys. GG. Can't believe I actually faked on a mafia. xD

P.S. I was a warlock.

Omis

my friends were skinny

To me honest what more there to say about Rockin? He was the only one to visit a dead body and he starts claiming some weird things after it was revealed. Why does it matter for me to chip in that he is mafia. I would much rather protect my life then waste my time confirming what is already known. And I know the classic no johns but I was out with my bros watching films. <3 Diary of the Dead

Secondly, I was not attacking Marshy in the way you said I was. I was defending myself from his harsh accusations. As a townie its really in my best interest the defend myself when he is throwing around all these harsh omis wagon statements.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Hando if you had gone for Omis or Florida I gladly would've believed you and wagon them too.

But yeah Omis just roll over and die. Easily our best lynch by process of elimination.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Oh yeah. Omis, who are your top suspects and why? I'd like you to claim now but I guess you can wait until you're -1.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Everyone: If Omis doesn't end this then who is the play D5? Florida seems the best. I was thinking it'd be Frozen next but Yaya replacing stingers seems like such a terrible move for scum. He was digging a grave for himself. That's taking his claim at face value but stingers wasn't inactive. I trust Kevin and Macman more than mentos, so mentos seems like the next best option.

Omis
Florida
mentos
frozen
kevin
macman

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Thinking too hard. Omis is definitely scum. Listing who you trust will just get them nked. Forget that question. Omis, then Florida, then go from there.

Florida

イーグランツ
I'm going to claim. One shot vig. Proof:

shoot with my last bullet: Omis

He's dead anyway.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Interesting... No night, and now potential one shot vig showing up... This confuses things a bit... Well, I guess we'll see what comes of Florida's action, then we may be in store for a mass role-claim to end this.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Florida, do you know if your kill ends Day? If it doesn't and Omis' death doesn't end it, I can break things open.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, I would assume it doesn't end day here. Either way, I'll go ahead and claim. I am a Mega Man(lol gotta love the mesh with the newly started gameXD) Anyway, I am a town aligned martyr, once a night I pick someone to protect, and if they're targeted for a night kill, I am targeted instead. I breadcrumbed this when essentially the same role was suggested in the premium competition thread, saying I had heard of a role like it before(aka my own in this game)

Top Bottom