• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Gordita crunch's are the win @_@ .

10kanackers
omfg. yes.

10knackers, indeed.

I'm definitely bringing my own headset for commentary.

Would we be able to have a dedicated table for the live stream + commentators?
Because of a crazy overage of screaming, and on air idiocy, only approved people will be allowed behind the judges table.

-Me
-Chibo
-Slik
-Greg
-Dazwa
-Alex
-The rest of the ECRC Staff members.

No offense, man, but this is going to be a lot more seriously ran. We're going for huge stuff this year, so rules will be implemented for Judge's areas.

As for the RB MM, I know kids who would take it, but I doubt they'd go.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yea, true. It's looking like Me/Niko/Dmbrandon/G-reg/Lightxdream for commentary team...with a few guest speakers here and there
Try to get M2K or some of the other beasts showing up to do commentary on at least one match. There's some MLG vids of Ken doing commentary for Azen and PC Chris.

M2K commentary for Ally vs. Azen amirite?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
O_O

:confused:

You can't come to the tournament? No Reflex vs. M2K rematch?!? OH NOES!
I finally was able to figure out when my first exams are...and one of them are Monday morning, instead of Friday morning, like I originally thought. I obviously can't miss it, and since it's a sixteen-hour drive from here to Philadelphia...

So, while I doubt it'll do anything, I'm going to send a pitiable e-mail to my professor, and see if she'll sympathize and let me take it on Friday or something. Keep your fingers crossed.:(

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I finally was able to figure out when my first exams are...and one of them are Monday morning, instead of Friday morning, like I originally thought. I obviously can't miss it, and since it's a sixteen-hour drive from here to Philadelphia...

So, while I doubt it'll do anything, I'm going to send a pitiable e-mail to my professor, and see if she'll sympathize and let me take it on Friday or something. Keep your fingers crossed.:(

plz keep me informed, im going regardless but it wont be the same driving up without you :(

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
omfg. yes.

10knackers, indeed.

Because of a crazy overage of screaming, and on air idiocy, only approved people will be allowed behind the judges table.

-Me
-Chibo
-Slik
-Greg
-Dazwa
-Alex

No offense, man, but this is going to be a lot more seriously ran. We're going for huge stuff this year, so rules will be implemented for Judge's areas.

i am gonna be doin some commentary i hope

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
...You're the host.
It's my tourney, not the ECRC panelists

omfg. yes.

10knackers, indeed.

-Me
-Chibo
-Slik
-Greg
-Dazwa
-Alex

Stop trying to run my tourney? kthx
I decide who is allowed where. You don't even know how it is going to be set up. Alex is not allowed behind the judges desk because he's not a ECRC2 panelist. ToS members are allowed anywhere (but they won't be allowed to commentate anywhere unless pre-approved.) In fact, I also don't want ECRC2 panelists behind the judges table. The main laptop/judges table I guess as you call it is only for people specifically running the tourney, aka me, and ToS members helping me out in that area. The ECRC2 panelists will be helping me with the pools and bracket (after im done making em so to say) and the livestream. The livestream area is in a different area than the main setup area and the appropriate ppl can be there like dm and what not.

also everyone, plz dont bring rock band or something. there is seriously just not going to be enough time. im allowing some melee from melee smashers bringing tvs, whcih will be used for pools if we need to. plus more distractions = less ppl playing their matches.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
While I wait for that, I did a Google Maps set for the directions. It's apparently only fourteen-and-a-half hours away.

As a result...

If I left the tournament at 6 PM on Sunday, I could make it back in time to take my exam.

I COULD.

But, what if I do really well in Singles, and am forced to forfeit? I'd probably kill myself on the drive home.

*checks the first page*

If Singles starts on Sunday after Doubles ends, which is after Low Tier Singles/Crews...I can't realistically get very far...I suppose I should scratch that idea...

BigLøu

Smash Lord
While I wait for that, I did a Google Maps set for the directions. It's apparently only fourteen-and-a-half hours away.

As a result...

If I left the tournament at 6 PM on Sunday, I could make it back in time to take my exam.

I COULD.

But, what if I do really well in Singles, and am forced to forfeit? I'd probably kill myself on the drive home.

*checks the first page*

If Singles starts on Sunday after Doubles ends, which is after Low Tier Singles/Crews...I can't realistically get very far...I suppose I should scratch that idea...
well 14 hour drive assuming u drive the speed limit, what time would your exam be at?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
agreed but y all on yoshis
Because I cheat there :) (jk jk)

Once again, get it changed by an administrator if you care. ;)
Once again, you don't read what I say to you unless it's something you might find offensive...ADMINS DON'T ANSWER MY REQUESTS...

Surriously I think you have amnesia or something...(i wrote this so that you read this post :))

Edit: Reflex you better come to this.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
You have to impersonate me. I need a dose of my own medicine. I'm mean. v_v
Everyone, I will be wearing a fancy brown jacket and a scarf to this event. I will also shrink about 2 inches, cut my hair, and grow some short facial hairs. After that, I'll make witty jokes that only intelligent people can appreciate, while dishing out sick amounts of burnage to noobs. Then I'm gonna play a ****load of PS1 RPGs and change my Smashboards avatar to a flower. I will refuse to sit in a chair after the first stock of a match, and be loved by everyone on the commentary.

Oh yeah, and I main Superknight too.

Real men don't need to study. Just sit on your book during the tournament and learn by osmosis (or assmosis...), because that's what awesome people do. But judging by what I've heard about Reflex, he's not exactly sitting that much. XD

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Please let me commentate on any IC players...most people have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to them XD.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
reflex - crews should hopefully be on saturday. its just that any unfinished matches are on sunday. low tiers will be early, its just a side event rly, and theres a smalllll chance it could be canceled if not enough is done on sat (and if like 300 ppl show up lol) if its just a regular exam, either:
a. tell your professor your going on vacation with ur family
b. someone in the family is getting marries
c. call him in the morning/send email saying ur sick and take a make up

side note for a and b - tell em its in philly and ul try to rush back as soon as u can, and should hopefully be back in time, but might not. incase u arent, ask ahead of time if u can take it later that day.

or fly.

Max Ketchum

Chibo, with only 11 hours to do everything on Sunday, do you really think you could get low tier/doubles bracket/singles pools 2/singles bracket ALL done that day? IMO it's kinda unrealistic, and even still difficult if low tier is canceled.

Edit: Plus leftover crews stuff if that applies, and regional crews at the end...even Inui's tournaments that just run doubles and singles brackets take about 10 hours sometimes, and those are smaller than this by a good 100 people.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Chibo, with only 11 hours to do everything on Sunday, do you really think you could get low tier/doubles bracket/singles pools 2/singles bracket ALL done that day? IMO it's kinda unrealistic, and even still difficult if low tier is canceled.

Edit: Plus leftover crews stuff if that applies, and regional crews at the end...even Inui's tournaments that just run doubles and singles brackets take about 10 hours sometimes, and those are smaller than this by a good 100 people.
this^^

OKAY!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the times arent 100% exact on the first page, its a bit more flexible, but im trying to force ppl to that schedule. there should hopefully be no singles round 2 done on sunday. doubles bracket wont be too big and will finish quickly
singles and doubles bracket will be pre-made, no need to worry about making it at the tourney. low tiers will run quick

also crews across the 2 days is single elim

boss8

Smash Hero
lol ally falcon and mario in the finals.....hahaha

no but fat crew would be....

me
candy
nacker
EE
pride
inui
chibo
fogo
well i dont no anyone else that wouldnt mind joining the fat crew...ps we are all sexy...LMAO!!

Max Ketchum

Ally, scrapping low tier still wouldn't really aid the time constraint, so I think it's worth keeping it.

Also keep in mind that two(?) setups are dedicated solely to MMs, so we're not even using the full potential of the venue to run tournament matches. I really love the idea of the MM TVs though, and I think they should stay as well.

Remember the legendary NYC monthly with 167 entrants, two rounds of pools (keep in mind only top 4 advanced from round 1) and ONLY doubles and singles that ran from 11 AM to 4 AM or some ridiculous ****? I dunno, I want this to work out and all, but I really don't think there's a sufficient amount of time. Unless we have like 25 setups and there's a strict no friendly rule enforced until there are free setups, and strictly enforce DQ rules, this seems really difficult.

Edit: Never mind. Just read Chibo's post. Makes it a bit easier, but still tough. Oh well, I have faith in Chibo's TO abilities and the help of his crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom