• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as it stands now, the grab where you throw them back and forth with popo and nana is banned. like fthrow recatch, bthrow recatch, fthrow recatch, bthrow recatch, and so on. Pretty much where you don't move across the stage at all and you stay in the same spot. If you do it by forward throwing only or i think theres one with moves inbetween like fair, those are allowed.

this is the closest vid to it i can find - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiW90quHDqg&feature=related
though they sorta move around, idk

if u want to explain further id be glad to answer furhter.

anyone else want to chime in with their opinion on the rule?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol, im sure we can find someone to play melee with u
also, i added a lil melee info to the first post. bottom line, there will be melee friendlies providing that people bring enough setups.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
id say no weather johns, but weather.com can only give me predictions up till the end of december lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
as it stands now, the grab where you throw them back and forth with popo and nana is banned. like fthrow recatch, bthrow recatch, fthrow recatch, bthrow recatch, and so on. Pretty much where you don't move across the stage at all and you stay in the same spot. If you do it by forward throwing only or i think theres one with moves inbetween like fair, those are allowed.

this is the closest vid to it i can find - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiW90quHDqg&feature=related
though they sorta move around, idk

if u want to explain further id be glad to answer furhter.

anyone else want to chime in with their opinion on the rule?
Yeah, I'm just not going to go lol. What about their dthrow footstool or IBL?

If you don't even know what you are banning then why are you banning it?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite. Takes away from player skill.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.

Lain 3 stocked NoJ with 6 percent. 1 grab per stock = death.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite. Takes away from player skill.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.Infinite.

Lain 3 stocked NoJ with 6 percent. 1 grab per stock = death.
Yet lain still lost correct? He got 3rd. IC's are not dominating anywhere in the country or even winning for that matter.

Anyways, I'm not here to argue. I just don't go to tournaments with it banned rather then arguing with everyone. So texas won't be here :). Hope you have fun.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well top 3 had 2 IC's in it. Ambrose and Lain. First was Ally.
I'm pretty sure that is the first time that's happened...ever. Ambrose is already one of your best players, and lain is one of the best in the midwest. It's not suprising. Also, you might want to ask ally how he beat them :).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im still open to discussion about it, mainly because well, im not all that knowledgeable on the subject. i really havnt played a lot of good ice climbers.

assuming IBL means ice block lock, then yes, i do allow that.

as a mod and top placer, and one of the best IC mains, do you feel any (if at all) of their grab tricksies should be banned?

id like texas to come :) lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
im still open to discussion about it, mainly because well, im not all that knowledgeable on the subject. i really havnt played a lot of good ice climbers.

assuming IBL means ice block lock, then yes, i do allow that.

as a mod and top placer, and one of the best IC mains, do you feel any (if at all) of their grab tricksies should be banned?

id like texas to come :) lol
I feel that nothing the IC's can do should be banned. They have not been dominating tournaments anywhere so thier really isn't ANY evidence that suggest the infinite is broken. IC's have one of the worst grab ranges in the game, they have one of the slowest running speeds, they have ONE actual grab set-up, and that only works if you just sit there. That's desynched Ice block to grab while running after the ice block. Blizzard to grab doesn't work at any % if you just hold up. You will jump when you break out of the blizzard. You can actually tap-DI out of it.

On top of this IC's are one of the easiest characters to counterpick. They have several horrible match-ups and stages. Ban FD and camp platforms against them. Sure it's gay, but it works.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i kinda of agree with u. if ICs were that broken theyd be use more than MK lol. and once their split, all the fun is over. im leaning towards unbanned, but i wanna talk to a few more ppl first.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
yea i kinda of agree with u. if ICs were that broken theyd be use more than MK lol. and once their split, all the fun is over. im leaning towards unbanned, but i wanna talk to a few more ppl first.
Fair enough.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
lol thanks jg for putting my name without my consent XD but yeah i guess we will be here so see ya in 3 months XD

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
lol thanks jg for putting my name without my consent XD but yeah i guess we will be here so see ya in 3 months XD
If you didn't go, I would cry.

EDIT: I'm talking to Gunblade later to see if we can get together the day before and to some friendlies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just to let you guys know, NoJ doesn't own a Wii and isn't the best at adapting. I wouldn't use him as an example. :p

Also, Lain is getting reeeeeally good with ICs and D3.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok, IC's stuff is now legal. (as long as it's not used for stalling.... dont go to 500% lol. kill when u have the chance lol)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'm probably coming Chibo. I can't wait to meet all these epic players! FOR ONCE A BIG TOURNEY IN MY REGION THAT I CAN FEASIBLY MAKE IT TOO! W00T!

Don't mark me down yet though, I gotta talk it over with my crew.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the list on the first post now is for ppl probably coming. once the pre reg list gets big enough, then il have that as the only list up.

i encourage everyone who knows theyr coming to pre reg now!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok, IC's stuff is now legal. (as long as it's not used for stalling.... dont go to 500% lol. kill when u have the chance lol)
Sweet :). Holy crap a tournament host that listens to the players and is reasonable. Why arn't there more of you in texas >_<.
You're going to use Game and Watch anyways.
Yeah, I am. I don't see your point :). I only use IC's for counterpick match-ups.

Even if I never play IC's, I still won't attend tournaments that ban his infinite :). Just like I won't attend tournaments that have Rainbow Cruise banned. Actions speak louder then words.

I'm going to start saving up now for this. Hopefully I can get Sethlon,Roy_R,Dojo,Santi, and some other Texans to come with me.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Even if I never play IC's, I still won't attend tournaments that ban his infinite :). Just like I won't attend tournaments that have Rainbow Cruise banned. Actions speak louder then words.
If stage rules determined whether or not I'd go to something, I'd always avoid Texas because you have the worst and most unfair stage rules in the country. =/

Luckily, I play a bunch of really gay characters and can most likely be muuuuuch gayer than my opponent if they pick something stupid.

xzax1337 said:
mms anyone $1?
Sure. I'll MM you in an MK ditto, Snake vs MK, or Dedede vs MK(to make LK look bad since he thinks this match isn't winnable).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i wanna $1 MM tons of people from outside of Atl North, since I'll be able to meet a bunch of em here, and I'd like to get some recorded serious sets with everyone.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Wtf at the hype this is getting. Canadians and Texans wtf o_O. I'm definitely coming just for the chance to play you guys...and the juicy pot it should have :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ally...

$50 Money Match. Best of 7.

Random Characters.

^_^!!!!!!!

Edit:

On a serious note, I will be accepting all $5 and up RCMM's :). I will probably accept any normal MM as well.

If neo attends I want to to $20 my climbers vs his Marth :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom