• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea il post details on housing soon, im gonna make 2 seperate posts now (sorry if it becomes a triple post lol) but only so i can link to them from the first post

one for parking

one for housing.

il start typin' em now

edit: everyone say if they need housing or if u can house ppl

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Pakman's Parking Post

Parking in Philadelphia can be tough, but with the right information you'll know where to go right away!

All information in this post is courtesy of Pakman from the Clash of the Titans III thread.

The tourney is (one building in from) on the corner of 32nd and Chestnut.

All parking zones are checked by the Philadelphia Parking Authority on Saturday. Only a few meters farther on campus are checked on Sunday. The signs at these places will say "Except Sunday" at the bottom so make sure it does.

Looking for free parking...

This is the street order in this area of Philadelphia. You will likely know where Market street is, it's the biggest street in the area and almost any set of directions should lead you here.

Going North...
Market > Arch > Race > Powelton > Baring > Hamilton > Spring Garden
Additionally, Lancaster Ave cuts through (North West to South East) these streets diagonally.
(Chestnut is one block south of Market)

Most of these spaces will be occupied, but there is a better chance of finding one on Saturday.

• Powelton between 36th down to 31st is free on both sides.
  • Race between 32nd and 34th is free.
  • Arch between 33rd and 34th is free.
  • Baring between 35th and 36th and 31st and 32nd is free.
  • Hamilton between 31st and 33rd is free.
  • 33rd from Arch to Baring is free.
  • 34th street is free before Arch. (its a one way going towards market.)
  • Half of Lancaster between 34th and 35th is free.
  • 32nd is free between Powelton and Baring.
  • 31st is free. (Powelton curves into 31st).

*Chibo Note* In the original Pakman's Parking Post, it doesn't mention anything about Baring between 32nd and 33rd streets. I'm almost certain this is free, and has open spots almost ALL THE TIME. Conveniently, it's also right where I live. I've had friends park there overnight with no problems before. I'll still look into it.
Update - Pakman says it's 2 hour parking.

Aside from this there is plenty of two hour parking. Two hour parking becomes free after 5, 6:30 or 8 depending on the parking zone.

*Pakman Note* Cactuar lives on 42nd and powelton where there is always parking. I can pick up 1 or 2 people from his place, but I will be unable to take them back so they may have to find a ride or walk.
I have been at Drexel for 5 years I know where to park. Call me 484-437-5333.
If you want to park in the two hour zones you should have Chibo open up Outlook and set a reminder for your car on outlook's calendar. Does Thunderbird have a good calendar thingy?

GOTM said he will soon get a map of the area and color code it with parking which I will post here when he makes it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
CoT4 Housing Post

There's no doubt that there will be people traveling to this tourney from OOS and with it being a 2 day tourney, many will need housing. Luckily, PA is home to tons of awesome smashers who probably wouldn't mind you staying with them!

This is a list of all potential housers (I have not contacted them yet, I'm just assuming they wouldn't mind). If I have you listed as a houser, please post saying that you don't mind, or would like to be removed from the list.

All information for UnConfirmed housers are estimates by myself.

ChiboSempai
Distance From Venue: Walking Distance
Amount of people that can be housed: Either like 3 or 8
Notes: I have a roommate, so if he's there that weekend I can only house a few people. If he's not, I don't care how many people stay so I'll go with 8 lol.

Bnzaaa
Distance From Venue: Short Subway Ride
Amount of people that can be housed: 3
Notes: A few other people can be housed with other people at his school.

TheUltimoDragon
Distance From Venue: Walking Distance/Short Drive
Amount of people that can be housed: ?
Notes: As long as you don't mind sleeping with a large black man. lol jk he's cool.

Ebo!
Distance From Venue: Short drive or train ride
Amount of people that can be housed: 3-4?
Notes: If driving, a small toll is needed to cross the bridge or the train costs a little. It's not bad.

Sadaharu Inui
Distance From Venue: 1 Hour Drive
Amount of people that can be housed: As much that can fit in 2 hotel rooms
Notes: Inui needs a list of people staying there before the tourney.

GOTM
Amount of people that can be housed: 3-4?
Notes: Is a Melee smasher, will most likely not play Brawl with you for practice lol.

Scar
Amount of people that can be housed: 1
Notes: Is a Melee smasher, will not play Brawl with you for practice lol.

shinobiknight0
Distance From Venue: Short train ride
Amount of people that can be housed: 1-2
Notes: Train from Philly to Cherry Hill ~20 minutes, cost is minimal.

Those are the main people that live right around Philly. There are also a ton of smashers that are kind of close that live outside of Philly or in parts of NJ which is within an hour drive.

IF YOU NEED HOUSING
Please pre-register and check off that you need housing.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
can anyone house me and 3 other crew members?

ill pay 20$ for you to house us. (thats all my spare money most likely =()

just need a place to sleep, will supply own food and drinks, etc. lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
k i added u to the smashers who need housing.

atleast for me, my priority for housing ppl depends on how far ur traveling from. $ is always nice though haha

thx alpha (assuming it was u) for the sticky

lol at jfox linking to the post before his. i think an up arrow would have also worked lol

edit: just so ppl get an idea about final confirmation of the venue and what not. i have already spoke to drexel about this event however i can not guarantee the venue for the date until december 15th (which is why i said the date might change by a week or so). however, im currently looking into finding an even BIGGER venue on campus, and the ability to confirm the date sooner.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Big Update!

TOURNEY DATE IS CHANGED EVERYONE!

This tourney will now take place on February 7th and 8th. The date is confirmed NOW! No more changing of the date.

We also got a new venue! It's just a couple blocks away from the last venue, and it's AMAZING! I'm going to go see if I can get pictures later today. It will be at Drexel's Behrakis Grand Hall. Anyone from Drexel knows this venue is where it's at!

This tourney just got a whole lot better!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
This is 2 days after my birthday!!!

I expect gifts!!!

only cuz I had 500-1000 dollars worth of stuff stolen summer of 2007 last year -_-. Most of that was birthday money I had stached away in my room, other was tons of video games. It was just before the day of FCD.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
This is 2 days after my birthday!!!

I expect gifts!!!

only cuz I had 500-1000 dollars worth of stuff stolen summer of 2007 last year -_-. Most of that was birthday money I had stached away in my room, other was tons of video games. It was just before the day of FCD.
You didn't get me and Scar gifts for the Blue Lazer Birthday smash bash...

Rocann

Smash Lord
TOURNEY DATE IS CHANGED EVERYONE!

This tourney will now take place on February 7th and 8th. The date is confirmed NOW! No more changing of the date.

We also got a new venue! It's just a couple blocks away from the last venue, and it's AMAZING! I'm going to go see if I can get pictures later today. It will be at Drexel's Behrakis Grand Hall. Anyone from Drexel knows this venue is where it's at!

This tourney just got a whole lot better!
thursday/friday? I am gonna have to skip many classes :). is it cool if I come like the night before too (I don't care if I have to sleep in the bathtub) so I can get some offline practice

otherwise I won't even make it out of pools

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol andy, thur fri is feb 7 8 of 2008 lol. this is 2009. its sat sun

lol at m2k

i couldnt get into the venue tonight to get pics cause it was locked. but u can see a small pic in the link on the address on the first post. lets put it this way, drexel's website says it can host events for up to 1200 ppl. its big. lol

i might have to increase the venue fee however from 5 to 10 because of the increase in venue. i should know by the end of the day. if i do, then a smaller percent will be taken out of the singles pot. (like 5% or something instead of 10%, or maybe nothing at all)

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Due to the change in date, I will not need housing anymore. This also means that I can technically house up to 3 people. I know of a few other people that can probably offer housing as well.

I can bring up to 5 people from my school to this. I have to discuss it with them first:).

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
I'm going.

I'll do what I can to convince SWR to tag along, nothing guaranteed. (If they haven't agreed to already. Didn't scan the whole thread)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
any idea on how many u can house ak?

i dunno about the keyword to for the hotels, but theres a sheraton within walking distance of the venue

warm soda... ur bringing 7 ppl???

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
@Chibo: Warm Soda is trying to bring SWR. They're a crew in North Jersey that mainly goes on AiB.
Ya, that.

Hmmm.

Just got off the phone with two tri-state area crews that would love to come along.

I'm pleased with the advanced date, by the way. Plenty of time to get things organized and scheduled. Much love from Jersey and New York.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok everyone, pre registration is open! Follow the link on the first post

It costs no money, but simply helps me gather information about everyone so it's easier to sign everyone up and keep track of whos coming

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
*Note 1: This venue is amazing. I will try to get pictures soon.
*Note 2: As soon as you enter through the main doors and see the info desk, hang a left
AllisBrawl Tournament Page said:
THE VENUE IS AMAZING It's in the Behrakis Grand Hall. Go in the main doors of the student center and it's to your right. You can't miss it.
Make up your mind, dude, is it to the left, or right?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will attend if the IC's rule is removed, or at least explained better. IC's have so many chaingrabs I really doubt people will be able to differentiate which ones are legal and which ones are not. Very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom