• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Just for the record the prospect of a low tier tourney really makes me want to go(a real low tier tourney I should say. :p)

That'd be sweet.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol sorry Yes!, il fix that on the list

as for low tiers, whats wrong with the sbr list? we all know the list is completely wrong with things like olimar at mid and stuff lol, but theyr low tier part seems pretty good. im glad everyone is excited for it. low tiers isnt on the pre reg as i didnt think of it back then, but its ok. the pre reg is more for data collection anyway (people can still come if they dont pre reg lol, its just reccomended to make it easier on me)

i think il do crews on saturday and low tiers as the first event early on sunday

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol sorry Yes!, il fix that on the list

as for low tiers, whats wrong with the sbr list? we all know the list is completely wrong with things like olimar at mid and stuff lol, but theyr low tier part seems pretty good. im glad everyone is excited for it. low tiers isnt on the pre reg as i didnt think of it back then, but its ok. the pre reg is more for data collection anyway (people can still come if they dont pre reg lol, its just reccomended to make it easier on me)

i think il do crews on saturday and low tiers as the first event early on sunday
Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario - i think mario is mid tier
Pokémon Trainer - squirtle and charizard are definitely not low tier and would **** the rest of the low tiers
Samus
Yoshi - i think yoshi's mid tier
Sonic - i think sonic's mid tier
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

SBR's tier list is garbage but the low tier is the least garbage imo. Sorry if this offends anyone. Keep in mind I use sonic so it's not like I'm trying to screw anyone over.

Thanks for the name fix Chibo :)

Poker event on the side?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
cutting 4 more characters out of the already small low tier? ehhh idk. i personally think ness and samus also have the ability to not be listed there. then again, if we bother on trying to change it, there will be too much debating and arguing lol, so if we just stick wit hthe "official" with no changing, then theres no debating lol

o man i rly wanna play poker, like rly bad. i kno a bucnh of others that would like to. maybe a small poker fest at my place or gotms on sat night? we would have to cap it kind of low (like 10?) since neither of our places are THAT big. unless theres somewhere else we can play.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
The "official" list sucks dude.

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B. overrated

where's diddy? and olimar?

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong overrated
Diddy severely underrated
Pikachu overrated
Ice Climbers overrated
Kirby - underrated
Pit -underrated
Wolf - underrated slightly

Where's toon link and sheik?

Middle
Toon Link - underrated; definitely high tier
Olimar - severely underrated; definitely top tier
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus - underrated
Bowser
Luigi - underrated
Peach underrated
Ike
Sheik - severely underrated

...it's not cutting out 4 characters. it's still pokemon trainer but without the high tier characters he has of the 3....if you've seen what sonic's can do you'd disagree with the low tier thing, same goes with yoshi (I know you've played pride)

Samus can't kill at all and is a big target. Ness is pretty good but I haven't seen enough of Ness to know the deal with him.

Don't let quantity keep you from having a fair low tier tourney; that's the same thing that's happening with neutral stages...different story tho lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im adding ppl to the list of those who need housing as i see it, but its a lot easier to keep track of if you pre reg, since theres a box u can check if u need housing, so then i have a list of everyone who needs it, and where theyr coming from.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
cutting 4 more characters out of the already small low tier? ehhh idk. i personally think ness and samus also have the ability to not be listed there. then again, if we bother on trying to change it, there will be too much debating and arguing lol, so if we just stick wit hthe "official" with no changing, then theres no debating lol

o man i rly wanna play poker, like rly bad. i kno a bucnh of others that would like to. maybe a small poker fest at my place or gotms on sat night? we would have to cap it kind of low (like 10?) since neither of our places are THAT big. unless theres somewhere else we can play.
really, the low tier tournament should just be mid tiers and below, since the purpose is to see chars normally not used. Also don't go by the SBR list. Its garbage

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm actually pretty big on poker (or was at least), so count me in for that if you're playing Chibo

I used to make some decent money in small poker games, and I had a very nice run online that I got all from a freeroll. Check this out and it doesn't include cash games I've played

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/thepokerdb/Snake1318/Bodog/1205022/player-profile.asp

...I threw all of that away btw....it still makes me sick to my stomach because that's more money than I've ever had at one time. I don't handle tilt well online as you can see :(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o wow, thats pretty awesome
can u play poker online at that site (for realz)?
iv been playing fulltilt with play money and been wanting to move up to real money but it gets fairly complicated with withdrawing money and what not. so far all iv done with money is underground tourneys and cash games.

im going to add a poker side event to this. lol not rly, but sorta
mainly because gotm and i have been searching for some ppl to really play poker with, cause everyone around here are scrubs haha. so for now im gonna cap the entrants at 8 people with so far me, gotm, yes!, snakeee. poker will be sat night at either my place or gotms (i have to talk to him about it first). only say that ur interested if u really are. like if u just wanna bet like $5 or something, dont bother coming lol. id say be prepared for around $20, or at the very least $10 if we do a cash game, not sure yet.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea we might do a $10 cash game, who knows. that way ppl can buy in for more if they like, but r'nt forced to

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Ak can house people for a small fee. You're guaranteed a comfy place to crash, safe from the terrors of philly. I'm a 20 min walk from Drexel's campus.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wow, mad cheap.

I'm looking forward to making bets of like $100 at NEC this weekend. :p
off of side betting matches? i didnt kno nec was this weekend. too bad it was TERRIBLE for smash last year lol we were 2 of 8 smashers there lol. even i won a MM that day against a random non smasher -_- lol

my guess is for a $10 cash game w/8 ppl the pot would be like $130

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
off of side betting matches? i didnt kno nec was this weekend. too bad it was TERRIBLE for smash last year lol we were 2 of 8 smashers there lol. even i won a MM that day against a random non smasher -_- lol

my guess is for a $10 cash game w/8 ppl the pot would be like $130
Plan on buying back in 5 times chibo? :chuckle: :chuckle:

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Yes! please tell me you are not trying to convince Chibo about Yoshi being low tier.... And he is low tier for one reason. If you do not know a certain match up with Yoshi.. He loses. He doesn't have high tier (cheap and mindless moves) to easily get the win with. >_>

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if low tiers happen, its with the sbr low tier list. sure their tier list is flawed in many ways, but i dont think their low tier is too bad, and its the closest thing we have to something official. once we start making changes to it, i guarantee u that we wont be able to 100% agree on a new list. for instance, yes thinks yoshi and sonic shouldnt be allowed. i think sonic is low tier, and pride thinks yoshis is low tier. pokemon trainer can also be debated by some, but i doubt everyone will agree on a solid placement. i think its possible that ness lucas or samus could be higher than what they are now, however i know others dont feel the same. to avoid all lenghty discussions and disagreements, im using the sbr list lol.

wow lk's coming? lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
if low tiers happen, its with the sbr low tier list. sure their tier list is flawed in many ways, but i dont think their low tier is too bad, and its the closest thing we have to something official. once we start making changes to it, i guarantee u that we wont be able to 100% agree on a new list. for instance, yes thinks yoshi and sonic shouldnt be allowed. i think sonic is low tier, and pride thinks yoshis is low tier. pokemon trainer can also be debated by some, but i doubt everyone will agree on a solid placement. i think its possible that ness lucas or samus could be higher than what they are now, however i know others dont feel the same. to avoid all lenghty discussions and disagreements, im using the sbr list lol.
How about actual good, knowledgable, and intelligent players discuss what characters should be allowed and determine a list of allowed characters from that? Atomsk, teh_spamerer, myself, etc. can easily do this for you and it will be much better than using the lolSBR tier list.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The "official" list sucks dude.

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B. overrated

where's diddy? and olimar?

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong overrated
Diddy severely underrated
Pikachu overrated
Ice Climbers overrated
Kirby - underrated
Pit -underrated
Wolf - underrated slightly

Where's toon link and sheik?

Middle
Toon Link - underrated; definitely high tier
Olimar - severely underrated; definitely top tier
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus - underrated
Bowser
Luigi - underrated
Peach underrated
Ike
Sheik - severely underrated

...it's not cutting out 4 characters. it's still pokemon trainer but without the high tier characters he has of the 3....if you've seen what sonic's can do you'd disagree with the low tier thing, same goes with yoshi (I know you've played pride)

Samus can't kill at all and is a big target. Ness is pretty good but I haven't seen enough of Ness to know the deal with him.

Don't let quantity keep you from having a fair low tier tourney; that's the same thing that's happening with neutral stages...different story tho lol.
You say this like the tier list was made yesterday. Jesus.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
The ONLY reason why Yes! is NOW claiming Yoshi isn't low tier, is because someone actually MAINS him and is afraid that people who main low tier characters will have the advantage. Which actually isn't true because Spam/Bum/(insert good player here) could and will EASILY wipe the floor with me using any character they want. This goes for the Sonic users as well.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The ONLY reason why Yes! is NOW claiming Yoshi isn't low tier, is because someone actually MAINS him and is afraid that people who main low tier characters will have the advantage. Which actually isn't true because Spam/Bum/(insert good player here) could and will EASILY wipe the floor with me using any character they want. This goes for the Sonic users as well.
I'm gonna have to agree with this, sorry Yes :D

I think Yoshi is low tier or sucks enough that he is not incredibly better than everyone else in low tier. Same goes for Sonic. People around here just learned them really well.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sonic is fine. So is Yoshi. And everyone else in low tier as well.

People just sound scared to me :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom