• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toronto and Surrounding GTA Pokérankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

C 3

Smash Ace
I noticed man, and i'm really proud of you!! keep it up man! i'm gettin' back into melee for fun at first, then if I get somewhere with this, run with it kinda thing. Hope you keep improving and make it higher and higher man. You and I can back eachother up and take out these top tiers! lol

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I noticed man, and i'm really proud of you!! keep it up man! i'm gettin' back into melee for fun at first, then if I get somewhere with this, run with it kinda thing. Hope you keep improving and make it higher and higher man. You and I can back eachother up and take out these top tiers! lol
Hoy! Link vs. Luigi Soon? This Time Misfire is banned XD Good to see you back!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
K, I dunno, don't take this the wrong way, but.

Top 4: Bam, Chet, Vwins, PKM. (not in that order)

IMFHO.
I'm pretty sure there was an inside joke to that title, don't think it was all serious. But that's probably the order of Top 4 in Canada atm.

unknown522

Some guy
nice. I.B. I challenge u for ur spot. (jks)

No shoutouts this time, GGs everyone I played, and sry for the gay gimps and crap. It had to be done. (wrong thread but o well)

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
How come nobody informed me about this update before it went up? =/ I don't get why Ambrose was knocked down completely. I must admit, Chaotic went far and did well and such but still.

Iono, I'll look at the brackets and such and then put my say on it. Not completly disagreeing with it.

D

Deleted member

It may have been a little hasty, if you guys feel Ambrose > coolhat then so be it

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
No offense to Coolhat, or his skill with Luigi, but I'm going to have to agree with Jake.

His tournament placings overall speak for themselves. Doesn't he like make at least semis in all the tournaments we've had so far?

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I know. But whatever. I'm going to be leaving in four days again for a wedding (it's not my wedding).

Argh. Stupid family members won't stop shacking up.

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
*This is C 3 on Kio's account*

How does making it on the up and coming list work exactly?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Show up to tournaments, fests, and other smash related gatherings. Impress the panelists...knock notable smashers out of singles, either people on the u&c list or the PR.

I think...

Europhoria

Smash Lord
*This is C 3 on Kio's account*

How does making it on the up and coming list work exactly?

Lol, ignore Bernard's method. Being friends with Jake (who seems to be the only real panelist anymore) is far better then having skill in terms of making the list or getting ranked highly.

I'd like to also ask Jake how he has been able to whine about the EC PR being biased, etc. so well while he manages to stomach this PR which is absolutely not biased and totally an accurate representation of metagame.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^If you were able to decide the pr, what changes would you honestly make?

*On a side note, what Bernard said is exactly right.*

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Mike come on...just when everything died down too.

Give it time, once those few smashers with potential have their moment of glory at one of these biweeklies, the PR will even out.

Jake, make me a panelist?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
^ Sigh, I'm not expecting the PR to shape up. Run, if you want me to tell you what I think the PR would be add me on MSN.

Love-Music-Life
at
hotmail.com

Edit: I will however say this to you about the PR Bernard. If I don't agree with Jake's opinion (which is basically what's writing the PR) I'm going to speak out. If as a community there is going to be a PR, there will always be disagreements. Only by looking at what people say, thinking, etc. does the PR become balanced or even a remote representation of the skill levels of the community.

I love that someone coming 2nd at a tournament 3 months ago is saving his ranking, but someone like JL who got 7th at Trans Can isn't even on the PR. -.-

D

Deleted member

^_^ Mike, I'm serious here, I do consult with a fair amount of people when I update it. :p Honestly. I do. Pinky swear I do.

Anyway, I could easily see Mike being on that PR in 1 or 2 biweeklies. Easily. Mike, state your changes and I'll give them some good consideration. Bernard will too, because he's a panelist lol. You're getting a lot better and your knowledge of the game is definitely getting a lot higher, so I'd like to hear what you have to say.

**** panelists just give input

Europhoria

Smash Lord
^ Same list I told Nate.

#1 Noah
#2 Jake
#3 Bernard
#4 David
#5 Imadh
#6 Ambrose
#7 Daniel
#8 Myself
#9 Ryan
#10 Nate

I know you like Coolhat's Luigi. But let's examine him in that crew battle shall we? And him vs. any player who has a remotely decent top tier main. He doesn't win. At the very least with the PR that we currently have you can knock him off and put Ambrose back on. If you wanna talk to me about why I see the community as that you can post, or just MSN me lol.

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
Mike, i know you're very knowledgeable and you know more about this game then I do.

But I don't appreciate you saying I lose to every decent top tier main. Because that's not true.

My performance in crews was terrible. I'm not trying to star up a big debate here but I don't think its fair to say i don't win against top tiers.

Btw my post has nothing to do with PR's, because I respect your list.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
^ Look, you're a good player. Your character selection ***** you. If the top tier main is decent, it should be a top a 2-0.

If your Luigi beats a top tier that's because you've grossly out-played your opponent. You won't be outplaying a decent or good player; match ups are only applicable when the skill levels of both players are relatively close.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
#1 - I duno man. No offense but I don't think you're better than Ryan. Have you even beat him before? He's placed higher than you, ambrose, Imadh and Daniel at the biweeklies he's attended so far. I think we can agree on that.

#2 - Nate shouldn't be that low, no matter how much you dislike him.

#3 - David shouldn't be that high, no matter how much you like him.

#4 - I can't talk much about Daniel's position that list...he doesn't come to tournies. As such, I sort of agree that he either move down or like show up or something. Its unfair to reserve a spot for someone who doesn't put the time and effort to show up. Not doubting his commitment. Just saying.

dont hate me Dan =D

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Ryan suffers from the same problem that Coolhat does. His character selection ***** him. Ergo, if only by virtue of my character I do better. Please put me against him in brackets.

Run has the same problem. If he goes even with Daniel; then kudos to him because that's a 7/3 for Fox. However, he won't beat me, or Imadh, or David, etc. by virtue of match up. (I don't dislike him, I'm actually having a nice convo with him right now).

David however, beats the latter 2 people, and several others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom