• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toronto and Surrounding GTA Pokérankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The only problem with the points system is that it doesn't factor the weight of the matches.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
DeLoRtEd1 said:
That means quarters and semis are best of fives as well as winners finals.

It'll help in placing, because some finals are so close.
Both of our sets came down to 1-1, 3rd match last stock, if i remember correctly.

i agree with the b05 thing too. Quarters is pushing it though. Semis and finals is good enough.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Allright look everyone, check this out.

I actually tabulated all the relative points of Myself, Ambrose, Imadh and Coolhat in the last three bi weeklies. Each placing would give a relative score.
This is how i did the scoring:

first: 10
second: 8
third: 7
fourth: 6
fifth: 4
seventh: 3
ninth: 2
thirteenth: 1

Now for doubles, I took the relative amount of points, and halfed them... because we can all agree on doubles being at least half as important as singles.

Name
Runawayfire 3+4/ 2+4/ 7+4/ = 24

Ambrose 4+0.5/ 2+3.5/ 1+2 = 13

I.B 4+3.5/ 4+1.5/ 4 = 17

Coolhat 2+1.5/ 4+3/ 4+3.5 = 15

Rank
Runawayfire (24 pts)
I.B (17 pts)
Coolhat (15 pts)
Ambrose (13 pts)

Discuss.

Roar. That's fine. I'm not sure I'm a fan of weighing doubles like this because I think doubles is a whole other world and should be ranked separately (although I realize the problems in this). I think Starfurry should be included as well at the moment though.

Anyways, if your points would put you there then take the spot so there's no more *****ing about gay brackets. I could ***** plenty about seeing David at 3 tournaments in a row in LB just like I'm sure Jake could do the same about getting Bernard twice yesterday.

Edit: Maybe WB/LB Semis and Finals but just LB quarters? I think people who are about to get knocked out would like more of a chance to fight and stay in the tourney.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Can I be on the tier list? Add number 11 to the list and give it to me, and I'll take golem 'cause he's badass like that. Thanks for everything.

Oh and what do you guys think of an Ottawa/Toronto crew battle to decide tops in Ontario? You know you've all thought about it, so BRING IT ON LIKE POKEMON.

five on five? 10 on 10? Time might not allow 10, but 5 would be an insufficient amount of smash to decide something SO UNBELIEVABLY EPIC. Think about it amongst yourselves, because you guys obviously have a deep talent pool down there, and we also have several up and coming smashers.

We kindly await your reply, preferably in the ottawa thread. Good day sirs.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Allright look everyone, check this out.

I actually tabulated all the relative points of Myself, Ambrose, Imadh and Coolhat in the last three bi weeklies. Each placing would give a relative score.
This is how i did the scoring:

first: 10
second: 8
third: 7
fourth: 6
fifth: 4
seventh: 3
ninth: 2
thirteenth: 1

Now for doubles, I took the relative amount of points, and halfed them... because we can all agree on doubles being at least half as important as singles.

Name
Runawayfire 3+4/ 2+4/ 7+4/ = 24

Ambrose 4+0.5/ 2+3.5/ 1+2 = 13

I.B 4+3.5/ 4+1.5/ 4 = 17

Coolhat 2+1.5/ 4+3/ 4+3.5 = 15

Rank
Runawayfire (24 pts)
I.B (17 pts)
Coolhat (15 pts)
Ambrose (13 pts)

Discuss.
What exactly to you mean by "Relative Score"

Could you elaborate a bit more on the way you set up the points?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Honestly, as far as a crew battle goes we have a strong seven man crew thats coming to Tos4 that we could use that I'm sure wouldn't mind beating you ottowa noobs.

Eric: Relative to finishing position.

I set up the points based on pure placing.
With there being a gap in first vs second...... and 4th vs fifth (seeing as there are two fifth place positions) and so on.

Edit: Dont listen to Locke)'s gimicks.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Relative to finishing position.

I set up the points based on pure placing.
With there being a gap in first vs second...... and 4th vs fifth (seeing as there are two fifth place positions) and so on.
Why not consider my original points system and manipulate it from there?

To panelists:

I would like to suggest a new system to rank players and record (statistically) matches in tournaments by adding a "Points" system similar to ones used in sports. I find it would greatly increase the accuracy of Power Rankings because as of now, Power Rankings are formed by individuals' opinions and are subject to bias and uninformed decisions. This system would serve in weighing tourneys and comparing different tourneys from different times.

This "Points" System would consist of awarding players a number of points for situational wins and losses such as: 3 points for a win, 2 points for a Tied Win (after time runs out), 1 point for a Tied Loss, and 0 points for a Loss. Also, if we use points now they can be used in the future to compare tournaments with each other to be able to see a broader view of players' individual skill levels and see how they progress in skill level (be it up or down) to maybe get a better bead on Power Rankings.

This system could, also, be very useful when weighing tournaments, so that instead of taking the results from EVERY tournament you only check the tourneys that were big enough to use the point system. That way they don't include low population tourneys that otherwise wouldn't be worth anything at all.

I've set up a spreadsheet on Microsoft Excel that includes an organized bracket design and examples simulating tournament records. If you (the panelists) would like a copy of this, to see what I mean, I'd be glad to email you one.

P.S. I realize that some may disagree with the points system I have up there so I will say now, the points system provided is only an example and can/will be subject to discussion if my idea is accepted.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Because my system is better.
I dont know.

By your system If someone went straight to losers bracket and then won the whole thing it'd give them more points then had they won it undefeated in winners bracket.
Your system is absurd.

Sanu

Smash Champion
You better come Bernie, or I'll be a sad wolf pup =(

I won't hold it against you if you can't of course. *sigh* Ah well, that's life sometimes =P

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Maybe. I just think those dittos emphasize what most of their other match ups emphasize to win. So you can look at them and get a decent grasp of how well someone plays. Like I would never say a Jiggs, Falco, Samus, etc. players can be judged out of their ditto because the matches awkward and different from how that character normally needs to play.

D

Deleted member

Brian you can be in the digimon tier

which is at the bottom because its ****ing digimon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom