• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toronto and Surrounding GTA Pokérankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^ I like the part where you look stupid cause you weren't even at the bi weekly at all and dont know what you're talking about.

1st overall pool placing of the day with a perfect record.
Third in singles only losing to David and bernard + I sent Bernard to losers bracket.
Second in teams only losing in the grand finals.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Coolhat has placed like 5th at the last 4 events. Does this constitute "keeping up the good work". Cause I think he's due to move up?
David for 2nd or 3rd probably.

Edit: To Nate's credit he has gotten monstrously better over the past 2 weeks. The change was enormous. Not sure if he should get a huge ranking boost from 1 tournament, but he shouldn't drop at the very least.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Since Caketown I dont think Imadh has placed below 5th in a tournament. Infact besides CotS I dont think he ever placed lower than that. Him and Dzenan always place top 3 in doubles aswell. Drolian has a point man, ggs and all but you gotta pull that **** off more than once. If David didn't win this week's biweekly there would be no way in hell he'd be higher than Ryan and possibly Imadh and Ambrose. The rankings shouldn't be shifting so much anyway. Nate, you were supposed to be in 8th spot as of last update too with Chris going ahead of you. But after this week I would say you earned/proved that you are above Chris but 5th spot is pushing it man.

Iunno about 6th spot, that'd be tough but understandable. Again, consistency is an issue.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I agree, my record sucks. I guess I'll just have to win again this saturday xD

edit: just stick me in like 7th or something i really don't care i realize i'm going to be ranked low because i don't play in doubles that often.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^ (not pointing at davids post)
I dont know why people keep saying I was supposed to be under Chris, when that was just one draft of the list.

Anyways, as for consistency, I've only lost to the same people each time, (who Imadh also loses to, just later in brackets...) while I've beaten people he hasn't. Also however lulzy it was, I did beat him in our last match.

Aaaalso Me and Jake have also been undefeated in doubles by every team except for Rayn Ford.

If we want to favour absolute consistency over current results then Jake would be number 1 for like ever, do to his everlasting consistency when you take everything into account.

Also for the record I didn't say David above Ryan, he'd be right below Ryan.

Again, this is just my personal opinion on everything which is bound to have a bit of a bias. (just like everyone elses)

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
Lol nate, now you know how i've felt after these past 5 tourneys.

nate should definetly not be moved up, and if he is i'm going to be grossly outraged. Considering this is the same situation I was in after starfurry. And since this is about the 5th tournament in a row where i've placed 5th or higher i don't think I should be moved down.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I think Eric's point system is looking like a very good idea at the moment. It avoids all this *****ing about brackets being gay and "other empirical evidence".

It becomes... you place well consistently, you get points and stay high. And if you don't, well then you drop. My only issue is that points would have "expire" after a certain amount of time (2-3 months or whatever) so that the older players wouldn't just stay at the top.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I think we should do this sorta like how the NHL does save percentage. But placing percentage. But then again how good your bracket is should have a huge influence and by that point system it'd be hard to express that.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Oh yes, hard brackets exist. But frankly all this *****ing about doing well at 1 tourney in singles and wanting to get a huge ranking boost is annoying.
I didn't see it from David last time, and after being in Grand Finals AGAIN he didn't do it either. I think the point idea just prevents this.

If you get a hard bracket, oh well; someone else will get it another time. It happens... Like honestly, has anyone seen M2K come online and ***** about getting 4th cause he had to face the two top Sheiks? Nope. On another day he might have an easy bracket and Chu might get knocked early because of Peach/Samus ****. It happens...

D.B

Smash Ace
Whats wrong with the way the brackets are going now? Everyone seems to be doing fine and we always talk about the biweekly and come to some sort of conclusion ath the end.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Still, it must be expressed that through your efforts to getting to the finals you knock off guys that are really good/do well in tournaments.

Back to the Nate thing. Honestly Nate, with 2 tournaments in 2 weeks I dont see why you would be concerned about your spot. Especially with this SSJ performance as of late, come in 3rd place again this tournament and you can Earn that spot.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
There is 1 issue with our brackets and this is something I've been discussing with David about the A,B,C,D spots in brackets in losers being on the wrong sides of brackets. But uhh, brackets are fine now. I just don't like people *****ing that because they get hard brackets they should be placed more generously?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Still, it must be expressed that through your efforts to getting to the finals you knock off guys that are really good/do well in tournaments.
Adnan is so silly. I've been doing that for a while. ^__~

Back to the Nate thing. Honestly Nate, with 2 tournaments in 2 weeks I dont see why you would be concerned about your spot. Especially with this SSJ performance as of late, come in 3rd place again this tournament and you can Earn that spot.
I vote Nate for prez ^__^

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I smell teh wonderful hypocrisy. Coolhat beats Noah in brackets, Bernard in pools, etc. and places quite well. Of course no account of who he beats is examined, just his final placing. Now Nate comes and has a good day and suddenly "Omg I beat hard people, this has to be taken into account now that I'VE done it!"

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
biweekly 3:

nate - 7
coolhat - 9

coolhat - lost to ambrose, beat steve, lost to noah
nate - beat noah, lost to ryan, beat steve, lost to noah

biweekly 4:

nate - 9
chris - 5

nate - lost to ambrose, beat charles, lost to noah
chris - beat imadh, beat adnan, lost to me, lost to ryan

biweekly 5:

nate - 3
chris - 5

nate - beat uzi, beat mike, beat bernie, lost to me, lost to bernie
chris - beat sheyan (sp?), beat adnan, lost to me, lost to jake

starfurry:

nate - 24 <--- numbers make no sense, something wasn't exported from tio properly
chris - 12 <--- numbers make no sense, something wasn't exported from tio properly

nate - beat grmo, lost to vwins, lost to chris
chris - lost to ken, beat nate, beat noah, lost to ryan

blargh doubles too much work right now

D

Deleted member

As for brackets, I think the number one change we should make effective immediately is to make every FINAL IST match a best of five.

That means quarters and semis are best of fives as well as winners finals.

It'll help in placing, because some finals are so close.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Allright look everyone, check this out.

I actually tabulated all the relative points of Myself, Ambrose, Imadh and Coolhat in the last three bi weeklies. Each placing would give a relative score.
This is how i did the scoring:

first: 10
second: 8
third: 7
fourth: 6
fifth: 4
seventh: 3
ninth: 2
thirteenth: 1

Now for doubles, I took the relative amount of points, and halfed them... because we can all agree on doubles being at least half as important as singles.

Name
Runawayfire 3+4/ 2+4/ 7+4/ = 24

Ambrose 4+0.5/ 2+3.5/ 1+2 = 13

I.B 4+3.5/ 4+1.5/ 4 = 17

Coolhat 2+1.5/ 4+3/ 4+3.5 = 15

Rank
Runawayfire (24 pts)
I.B (17 pts)
Coolhat (15 pts)
Ambrose (13 pts)

Discuss.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
my issue with quarters is that quarter finals are like right after the first round (in the round of 16) and that means we're going to lose a lot of time. we're already trying to figure out some way to fit draft crews and whatnot in because people want to do them and while I don't think semis would take too long, I think quarters too would be a bit much. this is imho if popular demand requests it then sure.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Let's try just the semis first and have everything start earlier (Getting this seems to require a miracle as is). If we have time leftover, then we'll make quarters Bo5 as well.

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
I tried that bair **** against Ken the other day, it didnt work at all i kept getting kneed and naired and deathed

In summary im not listening to you anymore

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Seriously though, I would like some feedback on my post. Does it not seem like a fair points system?
We could calculate everybodies and look at the list from there.

Also wtf is with the falcon rivalry.

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
You're right, Ken would probably want nothing to do with this and will probably get mad at me for saying anything

I'll drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom