• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
westballs playing the spacie that ends every combo in a gutsy frame-perfect-to-shorten side-b? sounds about right, yeah

I think that's the best part about wolf's existence in this game. coming from melee and love styling? here you go, he fuqqin shines diagonally upwards, no explanation needed

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
And while we are clearing things up, there are three branches to Super Smash Sundays in Socal. There was a Brawl SSS that has been discontinued. There is currently the Melee SSS thats been around for a long time which is ran by Team Oxy. They are the reason that SSS is a house hold name. Their streamer is level up live http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/profile
Lastly there is a Pm SSS that started last September that is run by Team Aegis. Aegis is the group behind the largest Pm related events in SoCal (SSS/ Mayhem). The streamer for Pm SSS is iebattlegrounds. http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds/profile. Mayhem will no longer be streamed due to poor internet and a melee stream using the same connection, but we will record the matches.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
man i had a dream last night that this thread got closed because of too much trash talk and it was terrible

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
And while we are clearing things up, there are three branches to Super Smash Sundays in Socal. There was a Brawl SSS that has been discontinued. There is currently the Melee SSS thats been around for a long time which is ran by Team Oxy. They are the reason that SSS is a house hold name. Their streamer is level up live http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/profile
Lastly there is a Pm SSS that started last September that is run by Team Aegis. Aegis is the group behind the largest Pm related events in SoCal (SSS/ Mayhem). The streamer for Pm SSS is iebattlegrounds. http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds/profile. Mayhem will no longer be streamed due to poor internet and a melee stream using the same connection, but we will record the matches.
You know I've followed every twitch channel for the major PM streams and sometimes I forget not everyone knows about them :p

XXXX1000

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1sLaoy03Qs (ESAM vs Squeak)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJbujOFqhoY (ESAM vs Pink Fresh)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U3K6h9a4fM (ESAM vs Boss)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxw_Mp5_NjY (ESAM vs M2K)

Not that there was any debate on him being the best Samus, but these are some dominant performances, except vs m2k but that's fine. But it's nice to see some good performances on an underrepresented character. Samus has a lot of cool tools, hopefully there are more Samus mains popping up soon, since the other two on the list are "mains Samus in Melee" and I'm not totally sure how much Samus Vanguard really plays. I know Wes is practicing Samus but idk when/where he'll pop up.

Luigimanski64

Banned via Warnings
Why are people hyping up strawhat so much? Hes an okay falcon and id put him around other mid level falcons like gravy, and definitely knows whats up with the characters in pm, but hes not an incredible falcon, and hes still a notch or two(or three) below falcons like lord jace or darkrain etc. S2j and hax are out the picture and he shouldnt be elevated to a spot above hax, who we shouldnt count on giving up on either falcon or pm because of recent events saying otherwise. Watch strawhats set vs mango at Whobo and youll see just how solid he, and other pm players that place similarly to him, truly are. Also watch oracles set against mango at whobo and then everything he says about fox players being bad becomes moot.

Not really trying to disrespect anyone, but the only truly talented pm mainers or co-mainers as opposed to somene who only dabbles in it that i have been impressed by are professor pro, armada, m2k, and sethlon. Everyone else is kinda just being carried by either matchup inexperience or by their characters, such as when sethlon beats players in pm who hed get annihilated by in melee. I dont think that being the best at a single character provides enough motivation to acheive great levels, when we see mediocre players like the falcons charizards or link players getting praise for basically being the least crappy at a characters and acheiving semi success. Its like in melee how low tier mains are revered as being incredible even though they never place high or beat notable people. Theyre just the best of their one character and people think that being the person with the most time into a low tier character, even if youd be mediocre as any top tier, deserves some kind of recognition.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Wes has indeed showcased some new Samus rolling technology. He got 3rd at the last Collision, but I don't recall the vids of that event being uploaded.

Yeah, Esam blew my mind at S@X, was waiting for him to wreck people for a while now.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Why are people hyping up strawhat so much? Hes an okay falcon and id put him around other mid level falcons like gravy, and definitely knows whats up with the characters in pm, but hes not an incredible falcon, and hes still a notch or two(or three) below falcons like lord jace or darkrain etc. S2j and hax are out the picture and he shouldnt be elevated to a spot above hax, who we shouldnt count on giving up on either falcon or pm because of recent events saying otherwise. Watch strawhats set vs mango at Whobo and youll see just how solid he, and other pm players that place similarly to him, truly are. Also watch oracles set against mango at whobo and then everything he says about fox players being bad becomes moot.

Not really trying to disrespect anyone, but the only truly talented pm mainers or co-mainers as opposed to somene who only dabbles in it that i have been impressed by are professor pro, armada, m2k, and sethlon. Everyone else is kinda just being carried by either matchup inexperience or by their characters, such as when sethlon beats players in pm who hed get annihilated by in melee. I dont think that being the best at a single character provides enough motivation to acheive great levels, when we see mediocre players like the falcons charizards or link players getting praise for basically being the least crappy at a characters and acheiving semi success. Its like in melee how low tier mains are revered as being incredible even though they never place high or beat notable people. Theyre just the best of their one character and people think that being the person with the most time into a low tier character, even if youd be mediocre as any top tier, deserves some kind of recognition.
Welcome to a metagame without 100% character development. We just need time to get better.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Who are the "Gods" in pm? In melee we have Mang0, M2k, Armada, Dr. Peepee, and Hbox.

And in pm we have... M2k, Armada, and who else?

Luigimanski64

Banned via Warnings
Who are the "Gods" in pm? In melee we have Mang0, M2k, Armada, Dr. Peepee, and Hbox.

And in pm we have... M2k, Armada, and who else?
Inb4 eli comes in and he says hes a god. And id say people like professor pro and sethlon come close but theyre a tier or two below, and in pm exclusively

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Prof is reaching that level. Among his fellow snakes, I'd say he's a god among the snake barrel. Just take in what does compared to the rest.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Prof is reaching that level. Among his fellow snakes, I'd say he's a god among the snake barrel. Just take in what does compared to the rest.
You know, i think Zero is at that godlike level, but hes only played pit for like a month so i cant say for sure. And I was also considering Reflex as well, but i haven't seen enough of that guy either. I think they both have potential for that god tier

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
You know, i think Zero is at that godlike level, but hes only played pit for like a month so i cant say for sure. And I was also considering Reflex as well, but i haven't seen enough of that guy either. I think they both have potential for that god tier
The way reflex plays just seems so basic. It's effective, but he has no shine. I haven't checked zero out but I will get to that soon.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
The way reflex plays just seems so basic. It's effective, but he has no shine. I haven't checked zero out but I will get to that soon.
If you think Reflex is basic you must not have seen game six of Tipped Off 9, Marth v/s Ivy GF, where he nearly four-stocked PPMD on Dreamland. He would have done it, too, if his last combo on stock four had ended with him shooting Solarbeam a little lower, because PP was basically rubbing his cape on the side blast zone. It was hype as hell.

The other six games of GF were PP brutalizing Ivy, though, so it's not quite prime Reflex material >.<

Hype for PP at SKTAR, btw, I wish I saw more of the man's Marth. He would be in the upper echelon of PM if he played the game more.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
If you think Reflex is basic you must not have seen game six of Tipped Off 9, Marth v/s Ivy GF, where he nearly four-stocked PPMD on Dreamland. He would have done it, too, if his last combo on stock four had ended with him shooting Solarbeam a little lower, because PP was basically rubbing his cape on the side blast zone. It was hype as hell.

The other six games of GF were PP brutalizing Ivy, though, so it's not quite prime Reflex material >.<

Hype for PP at SKTAR, btw, I wish I saw more of the man's Marth. He would be in the upper echelon of PM if he played the game more.
I mean his snake
I forgot he even played ivy lolz

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
You may be confusing Reflex and Rolex bruv.

TheReflexWonder is a much better player and PMBR member, out with your blasphemy.
Nah I'm thinking of Rolex, the snake who thinks he's the best snake. Like after watching Prof, every other snake is mediocre. With the lack of, "cool stuff" I usually see from Rolex, I guess that's why I think he plays basic/simple. Nothing wrong with that, he does get results.
If PP played this game, he'd probably be right up there with m2k and armada. I wounder what brawl character he would pick up, if any.

Ok wait, me no talk bout ivy. Me no no bout no ivy!

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Nah I'm thinking of Rolex, the snake who thinks he's the best snake. Like after watching Prof, every other snake is mediocre. With the lack of, "cool stuff" I usually see from Rolex, I guess that's why I think he plays basic/simple. Nothing wrong with that, he does get results.
If PP played this game, he'd probably be right up there with m2k and armada. I wounder what brawl character he would pick up, if any.

Ok wait, me no talk bout ivy. Me no no bout no ivy!
PP does play this game.
Just not as seriously as Melee.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
It won't be real till he cares! I probably should have elaborated on what I meant by play.

Last edited:

didds

Smash Lord
Does anyone else get frustrated watching people not grab ledge against tether recoveries? Or any recovery for that matter?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Does anyone else get frustrated watching people not grab ledge against tether recoveries? Or any recovery for that matter?
Sometimes I get a lil frustrated when people don't go for it, more so the other stuff than the tether characters because, a lot of characters just get some weak hit in for a ledge hop punish so I can why people even bother with those, especially since the tether character has mix up options to get back up.

Last edited:

didds

Smash Lord
Some characters have a solid answer to tethers, Diddy's rocket barrel meteor and squirtle's drop > nair are two that come to mind. The mixup is definitely a good point, but I've seen matches where it's not even necessary to mixup because the tether doesn't get challenged. I've landed some solid gimps just due to people not expecting anyone to actually try to counter their tether. And then you get people who complain that there is no answer to it, which is simply untrue. So maybe the complaints are what bother me at times.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I used to have the tether characters complain :p
But now they've wisened up to the point where is almost not even worth it at times, because some of those mix ups can kill you.

Last edited:

didds

Smash Lord
I suppose that's the nature of mixups sometimes, but as long as there's a mixup, there's something to bait too. This is a fun game.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well generally grabbing the ledge against Diddy's Up-B doesn't really do much unless they're really far away. Since most players generally overshoot the ledge, it's better just to stay onstage and go for the punish since his up-b has very little landing lag.

didds

Smash Lord
Grabbing edge is always good for taking away the ledge option, especially if timed right to take full advantage of invincibility, but maybe the enhanced recoveries in this game have just made this strategy less effective than it used to be in melee.

Tethers I still see grabbing ledge as a better option, granted it's prolly very character dependent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom