• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Yeah actually I kind of have to step in here and agree with this
The worst annoyance EVER is when someone **** talks you about them beating you in a friendly. Doesn't even matter if its wifi/netplay, people who take pride in friendlies in general are so aggravating.
It wasn't friendlies it was tournament play, and I don't take pride in it since i still lost. I'm sorry for thinking Ikuzen is a good player because i was unaware that netplay completely invalidates skill, and that even though Ikuzen is an irl player i could only find footage of him from netplay. Sorry guys it wont happen again

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly I didn't really read much of w/e conversation you had, I just found the part where meechman said taking pride in friendlies is stupid and went from there

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Btw, I added an AZ crew battle to the OP last week if anybody noticed. I'll be updating the OP later with Whobo vids.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
You guys are right someone who gets results only on net play shouldn't be considered, but Ikuzen is an irl player. If there is irl footage of him playing he should be considered.

As for net play matches invalidating skill, to each his own
*cough*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDHRU9tYk8I
Tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsxw-N8m_co
Here are some friendlies against me, but they re quit old.
Zen won two tournies in France , yes they are offline.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Hey I beat M2K in friendlies and I'm proud of it

Even though he was using Pichu

Point is I beat My2Klox and no one can take that away from me
What if m2K tried to take it away from ya?

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
*cough*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDHRU9tYk8I
Tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsxw-N8m_co
Here are some friendlies against me, but they re quit old.
Zen won two tournies in France , yes they are offline.
ok now that we have irl footage and not that terrible, no skill, "Netplay" garbage can we please consider Zen aka Ikuzen on the list already. I wouldn't have requested him on the list in the first place if i didn't think he was legit online and offline

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
ok now that we have irl footage and not that terrible, no skill, "Netplay" garbage can we please consider Zen aka Ikuzen on the list already. I wouldn't have requested him on the list in the first place if i didn't think he was legit online and offline
Old friendlies and Netplay aren't enough to get you on the list. I understand this can infuriate you, but this is unfair to the players who have already established themselves on this list. Once he goes to a tournament, places well, and beats notable players at said tournament, then I can bet you that I will put his name on. But you have to understand that just showing videos and saying he's the best just doesn't cut it around here. It would be a mess if everyone did that.

On an unrelated note,

AZ's having a tourney soon, starring Burnsy, Axe, HF Neon, K9, SS, Tai, Machiavelli, DisqoBunny, Aero, Boss, and Westballz (dunno if he's playing PM though).

Another huge thing is that the legendary Forward is coming too. And apparently he's a Pit player. We'll see how this goes.

XXXX1000

Smash Apprentice
nobody is saying he was bad or that netplay meant that he had no skill, it's cool that you think he is good, and maybe he is good or even the best, but we're just trying to explain why netplay videos cannot be accepted as evidence of that.

Also, for anyone in this thread, S@X tonight has M2K, ESAM, DJ Nintendo and some others so it'll be hype~

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Westballz and PM? He's ether gonna be another chillin or get lamed out, all the way back to melee.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Old friendlies and Netplay aren't enough to get you on the list. I understand this can infuriate you, but this is unfair to the players who have already established themselves on this list. Once he goes to a tournament, places well, and beats notable players at said tournament, then I can bet you that I will put his name on. But you have to understand that just showing videos and saying he's the best just doesn't cut it around here. It would be a mess if everyone did that.

On an unrelated note,

AZ's having a tourney soon, starring Burnsy, Axe, HF Neon, K9, SS, Tai, Machiavelli, DisqoBunny, Aero, Boss, and Westballz (dunno if he's playing PM though).

Another huge thing is that the legendary Forward is coming too. And apparently he's a Pit player. We'll see how this goes.
Maybe i wasn't clear in my previous post.
He's from France , he didn't just place "well" he won two tournaments OFFLINE in France and won against Doraki , Mahie and Cyr.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
nobody is saying he was bad or that netplay meant that he had no skill, it's cool that you think he is good, and maybe he is good or even the best, but we're just trying to explain why netplay videos cannot be accepted as evidence of that.

look, I suggested Ikuzen because

1- you only have 2 charizards on the list with footage
2- Metroid's video is from July
3- I dont think Katiwri has any tournament wins or wins against notable players

It just so happens that i didn't know Ikuzen uses an alt name irl, so the only vids i could find were from netplay, and i met him through netplay.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
ESAM?

Playing Samus, I hope, I pray?
He didn't even play samus the last time my state had a good sized tournament .-. He was just going everyone lolz, except when he played melee.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
ESAM?

Playing Samus, I hope, I pray?
ESAM is the truth. At Apex 2014, he beat Frootloop, Toronto Joe, OkamiBW, Eli, and Plup to get 9th place, only losing to Fly Amanita and Sethlon.

Maybe i wasn't clear in my previous post.
He's from France , he didn't just place "well" he won two tournaments OFFLINE in France and won against Doraki , Mahie and Cyr.
Do you have any videos? Sorry for my ignorance, but I've never heard of those players before.

Last edited:

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
They are in the french Ranking for melee, if you can't read french i think you can read the chart http://lefrenchmelee.fr/classement-lefrenchmelee-2013-conclusion/
Well I guess they could be notable players if they're ranked in Melee, but I have seen many cases where great Melee players don't transition well into PM. I know it's a hassle, but if you have a PM version that would be great. Videos would be great too. I'm sorry for being this hard, but considering how far this list has gone, I have to be.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Westballz and PM? He's ether gonna be another chillin or get lamed out, all the way back to melee.
Westballz has been playing pm a lot, hes like seventh on the socal pm pr? Plays spacies and marth mostly, although he was playing a lot of wolf this weekend (got knocked out by SSs olimar btw)
Once this last sss and mayhem gets its vids up, there will be tons of videos for SS and k9, they beat a lot of good players this weekend.

Yeah the az tourney should be hype on saturday. We will have two streams (although one will most likely be melee only) so most of the vids should get recorded. Im co-toing so ill try to direct hype matches to the stream.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I just realized that Florida is pretty stacked region. Wizzrobe, Plup, ESAM, Hungrybox, Nick Riddle and maybe more. That's insane.

XXXX1000

Smash Apprentice
ESAM has defeated Squeak and Pink Fresh so far at Xanadu and he's still going. I know he's the top ranked Samus already but he's showing up big.

Also, KayB, the main post is not formatted correctly after Peach, spoiler tags are doubled somewhere to put Pikachu-ZSS in spoilers

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Thanks. It's fixed now.
Also: SUBSCRIBE TO VGBOOTCAMP IN TWITCH

EDIT: Not really sure how I feel about ESAM's Pikachu and DK. It's hard to put a rank on them since Pikachu was only represented on GF. He brought it really close versus M2K and actually beat him with DK, but then lost in the dittos afterwards. This is hard.

Last edited:

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
Westballz has been playing pm a lot, hes like seventh on the socal pm pr? Plays spacies and marth mostly, although he was playing a lot of wolf this weekend (got knocked out by SSs olimar btw)
Once this last sss and mayhem gets its vids up, there will be tons of videos for SS and k9, they beat a lot of good players this weekend.

Yeah the az tourney should be hype on saturday. We will have two streams (although one will most likely be melee only) so most of the vids should get recorded. Im co-toing so ill try to direct hype matches to the stream.
Westballz lost to 16th on the PR @ Mayhem, which is YaDor (Westballz ended up placing like 17th). He also did awful at the recent SSS last Sunday, so he should probably start actually practicing PM instead of calling the SoCal PM community bad if he wants to keep his spot/climb the PR lol.
P.S. Westballz is a cool dude, and I'm not trying to diss him. He just needs to work on some PM match-ups and get more familiar with the game, then he'll bop us all. :p

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
SSS as in the East Coast edition? And will Mayhem vids be up on azprojectmelee channel?

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
SSS as in the East Coast edition? And will Mayhem vids be up on azprojectmelee channel?
East Coast Edition? Pretty sure he meant the most recent PM SSS here in SoCal... Also, as for Mayhem vids, I'm not sure Zman (AZ's streamer/uploader) went to Mayhem.. It will probably be uploaded by an AEGIS member. I'll ask some questions to see what they know.

Last edited:

XXXX1000

Smash Apprentice
Clash Tournaments has started calling one of their events in New Jersey "SSS East Coast Edition".

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
Clash Tournaments has started calling one of their events in New Jersey "SSS East Coast Edition".
Yeah, I know that. I just found it weird that KayB assumed that considering Westballz resides in CA while SS and K9 live in AZ, lol.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah, I know that. I just found it weird that KayB assumed that considering Westballz resides in CA while SS and K9 live in AZ, lol.
Yeah, but SSS on the West Coast has, at least to my recollection, exclusively Melee. I know I've seen East Coast Edition have PM, so I was confused.

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but SSS on the West Coast has, at least to my recollection, exclusively Melee. I know I've seen East Coast Edition have PM, so I was confused.
Yeah, WC SSSs have been doing PM and Melee on opposite weeks of each other for I wanna say... about 5-6 months now? It's usually streamed @ twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds. For those interested, this coming Sunday will be a Melee SSS (streamed @ twitch.tv/leveluplive), and the week after that will be a PM SSS, that's how it works. For those who are curious about the PM SoCal scene, I strongly recommend that you regularly tune in to our SSSs!

Last edited:

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
I just don't understand why they couldn't name it something else, that **** gets confusing.
If I had to guess it would be because SSS is kind of an established/well-known series so they figured they would get a lot more attention that way. They even stole the logo lmao.

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
Just to set the record straight on Westballz and Pm, he no longer plays falco in pm. He has decided to focus on Wolf and Marth. When he was playing Falco he only lost to Fly DSF Okami and DEHF. He is now taking the option of playing a different main then his melee main, which in the short term means immediate loses. He is improving rapidly tho and you will see another monstrous wolf in no time. He says he wants to be at the top of Socal Melee and Pm PRs so i think its safe to say he's invested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom