• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I'm gonna hide behind my friend Sprawlers.

Let's see if Hylian is dumb enough to bet money over a baby game for babies.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

It's hard to turn down free money.

Rizner

Smash Ace

If we are both there, sidebet? I like sidebets. Like... 5 whole dollars or something. (Note if I am not there will not bet because owing money to people who I can't immediately pay is dumb)

D

Deleted member

do you ever get tired of being antagonistic?

legitimate question btw not rhetorical

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hear THAT Strong Bad, Eli, and Oracle?!?! Dittos dont mean ****! :D Lost to all 3 of you despite oracle having never mained DK lmao I'm a fraud
Get bodied brah
GGs tho, soon enough Eli and I will both ~never use DK because that char is horrible so you can have the 1st slot eventually.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

never use DK because that char is horrible
you know if we just fixed falco lasers like we should have to begin with i don't think DK would be nearly as bad.

seriously though wtf @ falco's MU spread

D

Deleted member

you know if we just fixed falco lasers like we should have to begin with i don't think DK would be nearly as bad.

*wtf @ spacies MU spread

*runs*

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

no but like even if you remove falco dk is a pretty bad char in PM
bc there are tons of chars with good projectiles now

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

remove fox as well... and probably wolf... and anyone with a projectile

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
thanks to DK's grounded pivot up-b and a better shield. I don't believe that DK gets blown up that badly by falco anymore

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
remove fox as well... and probably wolf... and anyone with a projectile
dk does pretty well against fox/wolf, it's the floaty chars with good projectiles he struggles against (pit/samus/ivy/etc)

Zerudahime

Smash Apprentice
my top zelda list: Zhime, Ryoko/Alene, Salem
Even if ryoko hasnt been playing or is active he is still absolutely 100% 2nd.
Alene is a Zelda I trained and pretty much is incredible. She just doesnt participate in many tournaments on or offline but she is the closest to me imho.

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I mean, I might take your word for it because you are literally Zelda.

But that was the same thing M2K says about Vidjo being the best player in the MW.

I am equally skeptical.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
I really wish KDJ got to compete. Wolf is still a mid level player and caused a lot of upsets. KDJ beats him pretty easily. Seeing as how Wolf got 17th, KDJ definitely had the potential to get top 8.

lmao. Hylian, you're fraudulent as ****. Sol is only entering his 6th month of competitive smash, and not only did he beat you in Link dittos, he placed equal to you in bracket. Wolf and his practice partner have been playing for a little more than a year, and Wolf made a convincingly stronger showing than you.

Also, IE placed equally to you and beat you in Link dittos. So it's quite possible he's better than you too.

You bragged to me once about being competitive for 11 years. The joke is on you, because you are beatable by newbies. You've taken games off some of the better players too, but so have all of us. PM is a jank game right now and stuff like that isn't uncommon. What matters is consistency and you don't have it.

You're being carried by how much the average player sucks at dealing with boomerang, hook shot, and spin attack. I don't suck at dealing with those, so I would be happy to MM you at the next tournament we are both in attendance for again and expose how highly fraudulent your Link is with Ganon/Marth. I was gonna leave you alone after your hilariously subpar performance at sktar compared to the other Link mains, but you're back to your old tricks and I see this as a wonderful opportunity to expose your fraudulence.
I think he (and I for that matter) take issue with the fact that you have talked yourself as the best Link (or top 3 Links) in the world for a while now (and still do) when you haven't placed the same as Wolf, Lazarond, Nick Riddle, and surely others. Regardless, as long as we can all admit that Wolf is the greatest Link and be happy.

EDIT:

It's kind of the same thing I feel for Umbreon. If you are claiming you are the best in the world, you are also claiming everyone else is worse than you. It's part of the claim. So when you do that, you automatically open yourself up to be criticized. The more loud you are about your self promotion, the more heat you are going to come under. And if you don't want people to talk about you in a critical way, then you should stop claiming you are the best. It's simple really.
Yes, because placings in one tournament is an all out indicator of skill, let's disregard brackets completely and instead just focus on friendlies and dittos. Were you at this tournament? Did you play me? I'm plenty consistent. I play much differently in tournament than I do in friendlies as do most people. I also suck at Link dittos, but learned a ton from playing pretty much every link player at the venue(and losing to them all lmao). I've been playing PM about the same or less time than Wolf has been playing, and before I played PM I played brawl for 4 years and had to relearn melee tech skill for PM. I don't lose to "newbies" unless you mean relative to the time I've been playing which is 90% of the community. I think Wolf is the best Link as I said earlier, my other opinions about the links there were gathered from talking to people who played us and watching each others tournament matches not from friendly link dittos. I'm not a fan of trash talking people online, but if you really want to money match for no reason but to make me look bad then sure. I don't "expect" to win against anyone and take everyone I play in money matches and tournament seriously. If people who played me want to say I suck then sure but if you're just going to hide behind a keyboard then it's hard to even take you seriously.

I had an amazing time at the tournament just playing everyone and especially talking to Wolf who was super chill. I'm not one for drama and don't really care what you think of me if you haven't even played me.
I haven't said I was the best link for quite a long time, I even said I should be taken off the list like a month ago. I was asked my opinion about this and gave it from my perspective of playing people and watching their matches at the tournament. My post was only referencing Links at the tournament and didn't include aerolink(who dropped link) and Laz who I've never played , I also gave my opinion for the mk players because I played all of them just like the Links and felt like I had a pretty good grasp on their comparable skill. I also played fine at the tournament and lost to good players that I don't feel upset for losing to at all so I'm not sure how I was deemed fraudulent. I went to last game with Mango who I lost to and my games with bleachigo were all last stock last hit and we went to last game as well. Bleachigo took ESAM to game 3 and esam was telling me that he thought very highly of bleachigos skill. I was constantly complimented throughout the entire tournament when playing people which felt good considering people complain about how link is boring to fight so often. I've said several times it's extremely hard to gauge skill without playing someone in person and that I don't hold the rankings or my opinions of them in that high of regard, it's just fun banter. I'm more interested in their being good videos of players here and that is why I love this thread, I see new stuff from different characters when people are reporting results and showcasing impressive matches. I enjoy people criticizing my play and constructive criticism in general, not being called a fraud for losing friendlies.
Lol dude, I have no clue what you're trying to get at here. Are you suggesting that I only used friendlies and dittos to call out your fraudulence? Because I didn't. Let me restate exactly what I said, bolding the important parts.

"Sol is only entering his 6th month of competitive smash, and not only did he beat you in Link dittos, he placed equal to you in bracket."

"IE placed equally to you"

Also, E2xD placed just a spot before you in bracket.

The fact is, we have two other Link mains that did just as well as you in tournament, and one that did almost as well. That opens up the possibility you're not even third best Link, when you say you think you're second best of the ones that entered. And you don't have a history of placings at other tournaments as well that we can consider. This is why I deemed you fraudulent. Instead of saying "I think I'm second best," you should have actually said something along the lines of, "I think 2nd and 3rd is a toss up between me, IE, and Sol."

lol at these johns. Sol had been playing brawl minus casually with me for two years, and in the process, developed lots of habits that are actually bad for competitive PM. So not only did he have to undo bad habits (which he is still in the process of doing), he also has to relearn melee tech skill. Brawl players transition to PM quite nicely actually - melee tech skill isn't that hard on the most part aside from very specific instances (like reverse ledge dashing with falcon and ganon), and the patience you develop in playing neutral is extremely helpful.

Sol is still a newbie. Wolf actually has no excuse to lose to him in dittos nor place equally/worse than him in bracket, and the good thing is, he consistently never loses to him in dittos and always does better in tournament.

Like I said:
"You've taken games off some of the better players too, but so have all of us. PM is a jank game right now and stuff like that isn't uncommon. What matters is consistency and you don't have it." Sol beat JReed. I took a game off Ally in a MM, with Ganondorf. Doesn't really matter.

Being sentimental about the tournament experience and getting complimented by good players does not give you a free pass to suggest you're second best when others can very easily contest you for third place.

Seriously though guys WTF just chill

Also I think Hylian is a good Link player, he gave me much more trouble than InternetExplorer, Hylian has probably the best character control with Link, what with all those bomb tricks and whatnot, and it's not like I completely bodied him when we played, we had a good amount of close matches, he deserves more credit than people give him

And I do have little matchup experience, I basically know how to deal with melee top tiers + Ness and DK and no one else, though I got in a good amount of practice with bstuk at SKTAR so that helped a lot, I think Eddy said this and I agree with him

Thing is I think all of the Link mains I met at SKTAR are good, with IE he seemed to not know the advantages to PM Link so I wanna cut him some slack, if you guys wanna put me up as best Link I won't complain and thanks and all lol, but the other Links have a ton of potential and I'd rather not see you guys talk each other down, I like encouraging words, hell Hylian has a **** ton of potential, you just need to overcome a few bad habits bro like pulling out a bomb too close to your opponent, I watched your match vs IE and you had that man :/

I've never played Lazarond so I can't say much for him but If we could do a top 5 I'd have Hylian and Eddy in there too. I like Sol and he has moments were he does some ridiculously good stuff but I can really punish his playstyle cause he plays a lot like my brother's Link so much so that I can almost predict exactly what he's gonna do half the time so I don't think I'm in a position to judge him at all, I'll leave that up to everyone else, but he's another one who I think has good potential.

And I think Sprawlers said Link doesn't have any high level players, and I agree with him, we all still have a long way to go and I hope everyone does well and I'd like to see us bring out the best in each other rather than argue. Hylian I hope you come back to the east coast some time soon man I'd really like to hang out again and play some matches.

All in all guys just chill, a spot in the top 3 isn't worth the negativity it can create.

I'm only going to say this one time.
I will never be replaced as best Zelda in the world and I will accept any and all challenges for that position as always.
I dont think this list is very accurate in terms of Zeldas anyway.
Also, being active all of the time is something that shouldn't be a requirement for these sort of ''statistics''.
Meta, Ingenuity, creativity, playstyle, and overall gameplay is something that this list should put ahead of results in terms of ''top players by character.''
Placing well at one event vs placing well at multiple is not enough evidence to throw someone else off of the list for someone newer.
However, I can say with all certainty, I dair any of you to challenge me in a Zelda ditto.:zelda:

edit: I say this in the most feminine tone as possible, i love a good challenge. <3
This guy! Man I'm sorry I left without getting in any friendlies but they kicked us out of the venue right away and I had to get back to Rhode Island ASAP to finish up my schoolwork before Monday morning. I hope to see you again soon, you're super chill and I'd like to get some friendly matches and yes I agree your Zelda is absolutely ridiculous haha

Last edited:

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
DK loses hard to so many characters it's ridiculous. The only reason DKs do well is usually due to the opponents getting caught off guard by some of his shenanigans. Sure I may have won against Raptor, friendlies against Infinity, and other matches against people but had I kept playing them over and over and they all learned the matchup, DK would be doneskies.
He's just so easy to combo, edgeguard, and grab from basically anywhere not to mention get guaranteed tech chased by basically the whole cast and be next to useless in the air.

God I should really start using good characters.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes people don't practice what they preach, @Umbreon
I used to think like that, but now I just assume that people do whatever they think is best at the time they do something. Expecting people to be imperfect but otherwise good does wonders for improving one's faith in other people.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wolf is like my new favorite person <3. I will try to come to EC more and hang with you man, was good times.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
eli, play the PK kid that isn't bad for a change, you might love them

please don't go lower into the rabbit hole. not even gahlike can make ganon viable to people who know the matchup

Oracle

Smash Master
For the record, my penis is at least an inch longer than Awestin's although its most likely much smaller than Bryonato's
Ive seen it I wouldnt be so sure

Also dk can win every matchup with his crazy punishment game but he definitely has a terrible case of e honda syndrome so youre always working twice as hard

Also are you really talking about hylian having bad fundamentals? I dont think its possible to be around as a good player for as long as hylian has and still have bad fundamentals

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure how gay this will sound but awestins **** is probably HUMONGOUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom