• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 worst movies you've ever seen

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
above everything else, film is a visual medium.
Well yeah, but it's still only a means to tell a story, something that can't be substituted with visuals.

But yes, as a visual medium, being nice to look at is an undeniable factor in quality movie making that Avatar(blue people) did very well.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yeah, you really don't know what you're talking about Derp. In addition to the Qatsi films and similar ones, there is the whole realm of surrealism in film where a narrative isn't very important at all, if it's even present at all.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I get the feeling that a good number of these lists have movies that aren't bad, but they were far from expectations and hype. For example, Avatar might not have met the hype, but I wouldn't place anywhere near Disaster Movie or Meet the Spartans.

Though I am truly surprised at Good Burger and Deep Blue Sea on some of these lists. I love both of those movies.

Besides the obvious ______ Movie parodies, some movies I really hated were:

Kung Pow
Terror Toons
Dragonball Evolution

Oh, and Clownbot. I bet my avatar could take your avatar.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
You, Me and Dupree. I recall watching this film in theatres. Don't know why. I think Owen Wilson is an untalented actor who plays the same stock character in every film and the premise was exceedingly generic. I'd rather watch The Room. I'd rather watching Batman & Robin twice.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I get the feeling that a good number of these lists have movies that aren't bad, but they were far from expectations and hype. For example, Avatar might not have met the hype, but I wouldn't place anywhere near Disaster Movie or Meet the Spartans.

Though I am truly surprised at Good Burger and Deep Blue Sea on some of these lists. I love both of those movies.

Besides the obvious ______ Movie parodies, some movies I really hated were:

Kung Pow
Terror Toons
Dragonball Evolution

Oh, and Clownbot. I bet my avatar could take your avatar.
Kung Pow is weird. To me, some parts are super hysterical, but other parts are cringe-inducingly bad. I noticed that all the really funny parts are when it's dubbing over the original kung fu movie, and all the horrible parts are when they added entirely new scenes like that baby fighting scene, cow fighting scene, etc.

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
All of those "movie" movies. Epic Movie, Date Movie, etc. Parody movies are really hard to make well in the first place, and the writers and directors of these movies don't even try. I think 90% of the jokes involved a character from another movie getting hit from a scene in their movie.

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
Kung Pow is weird. To me, some parts are super hysterical, but other parts are cringe-inducingly bad. I noticed that all the really funny parts are when it's dubbing over the original kung fu movie, and all the horrible parts are when they added entirely new scenes like that baby fighting scene, cow fighting scene, etc.
What I like about Kung Pow is how authentic they made it feel. IIRC, they had grainy footage, bad dubbing, and all the correct stereotypes of a martial arts film's story. The slapstick humor was something that ruined it, but the same goes for most parody films.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Haven't seen a ton of movies in my lifetime, but the one movie that stuck out the most in terms of being terrible was:

Year One - You know, that "comedy" featuring Jack Black and Michael Cera. I got stuck watching it with a group of friends one night last year. Surprisingly, everybody hated it, and we turned it off after 30-40 minutes...I say surprisingly because most of my friends love these kind of movies. I didn't laugh once the entire time. I got the jokes they were making, I understood the references, they were just terribly unfunny. Also, I'm pretty sure this movie single handedly made me hate Michael Cera.

finalark

SNORLAX
Year One - You know, that "comedy" featuring Jack Black and Michael Cera. I got stuck watching it with a group of friends one night last year. Surprisingly, everybody hated it, and we turned it off after 30-40 minutes...I say surprisingly because most of my friends love these kind of movies. I didn't laugh once the entire time. I got the jokes they were making, I understood the references, they were just terribly unfunny. Also, I'm pretty sure this movie single handedly made me hate Michael Cera.
This is how a feel about ~85% of the "comedy" movies I've seen.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I don't have the energy to make a top 5, but my two least favourite movies ever(meaning I actually wanted to leave the theater)were:

Van Helsing
The Happening

The Happening at number one. I can't even...describe how bad it was. It was like they took a short film and made it feature length without adding any new material.

Also, The Room is an obvious choice to be on a list but I'll forgive it for now.

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
1. Nepolian Dynamite
2. Evil Bong: King Bong
3. Leperchaun In Da Hood
4. Splice
5. That movie where you see Ashton Kutcher's ***.

finalark

SNORLAX
The Happening
I second this. That was such a stupid movie.

Also, did anyone see the Tuxedo or Tropic Thunder? I rented those two a way while back and they were probably two of the worst movies I've ever seen. You know your movie is **** when I stop watching it half-way through and return it the day I rented it.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Tropic Thunder was disappointing but still pretty funny and nowhere even near any sort of Worst-movies list.

I love Napoleon Dynamite but I can totally understand why some people hate it.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I seem to have lost all interest in American movies ever since Shutter Island. I think it was the last American movie I watched all the way through. It was such a waste of time, lol.

Sorry if anyone liked it, haha, it just wasn't my cup of tea. :p

I'll stick with Anime.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I seem to have lost all interest in American movies ever since Shutter Island. I think it was the last American movie I watched all the way through. It was such a waste of time, lol.

I'll stick with Anime.
Sorry, but this is such a dumb post on many levels.

Underload

Lazy

I'll stick with Anime.
...What.

I-... No.

Just, what.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
That was on TV where I am yesterday. I didn't watch it, though, for reasons I stated earlier. I guess I got lucky. :laugh:
Its the only movie to offend me to the point of disgust. Basically male gaze and sexist attitudes towards women all around. The only way women get ahead in this movie is by being sexual icons.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
It's not so much you didn't like Shutter Island. I don't care about that. I know lots of people didn't like it. It's the "I'll stick with anime, because of this one live action American film." sentiment that is dumb.
So you're assuming that just because Shutter Island was the last one I watched, that I let that movie alone make me lose interest? No, it was a combination of movies that I didn't like that caused me to just not feel like watching more. I'm just taking a break is all. I'll probably find one I really like soon and start watching more. :bee:

Edit - @Tomo, that sounds pretty bad, I'll remember not to watch it. :)

Top Bottom