• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 20 Players

sad_day

Smash Journeyman

Metà

Smash Master
Don't get any ideas. I didn't do that well at The Big House, but I'm still not losing to your scrub *** region any time soon.
hey man, that hurts : (

I like how that's your answer for everything, Adam. I make a statement, oh, I'm bad, so I probably know nothing, let's prove it with a money match. You still owe me 20 dollars, why would I money match you?

BC's problem is that there's very little community here. I've been here for a year now, and I've seen plenty of players, but there's very little feeling of a real community. There's too much ego, and too much animosity.

I don't think BC lacks talent at all. If Sion, Eric, and Manuel played more often, I wouldn't be agreeing with KK(besides the fact that I think KK does a lot better vs Falco than Fox, dunno if that's true). As it stands, it's pretty clear that BC's dead scene isn't a product of having a smaller number of players or a fragmented player base. Ever seen AZ's player base? Or North Carolina's player base?

It's the fact that there's no longer any motivation here. Nobody wants to run tournaments because it's a lot of trouble to find a venue that's free so that people don't have to pay venue fees. When they do, it's difficult to transport TVs around because so few people have a car. Even when that's done, there's no gratification for doing it either. How much **** do you talk to Meta when he's singlehandedly gotten the venue and TV's for 90% of your tournaments in the past year? This is the only region I've been to where one or two people get a free venue, singlehandedly supply TVs, and get **** for it.

Oh, and then there's the attitude of "you suck, so your opinion doesn't matter" trash talk in this region. Then there's the attitude of "you play a floaty, god that's so gay" **** that goes around, and there's the "I'm so good even though I haven't been to a national in years, I could probably beat those guys" **** that we have to hear all the time.

So go ahead, Adam. Take my money. Tell me how bad I am. Talk about how BC's top players are ****in ****. Blame it on not having enough players. It doesn't change anything.

I'm still pretty sure that KK would **** BC as is.

I'm still pissed at how you people treat each other.

And it's not going to change the fact that BC's scene will die if things don't change.
hit the nail on the head.

i think a lot of the accusations about animosity, ego, etc. really applies more to certain people, but lack of motivation is a big problem. I can't really do much more for this community though, due to other commitments, so unless someone steps up and starts hosting regular smashfests/tourneys, there isn't going to be an improvement.

I think I speak for everyone when I say I miss jack, our community got so much better in that period of about 2 years, because we actually got together regularly and played, and were welcoming new players.

donno but BC's community is mainly made up of AZNS especially vietnamese nammers. we deal coke, kill kush and xtc. most of our smashers here get as high as **** before playing smash or else its too boring. we settle everything here with **** talk and money matches. it seems washington is starting to adopt our life styles. getting high before grand finals.
mike, stop making posts like this. you're making us look even worse

D

Deleted member

I like how that's your answer for everything, Adam. I make a statement, oh, I'm bad, so I probably know nothing, let's prove it with a money match. You still owe me 20 dollars, why would I money match you?

BC's problem is that there's very little community here. I've been here for a year now, and I've seen plenty of players, but there's very little feeling of a real community. There's too much ego, and too much animosity.

I don't think BC lacks talent at all. If Sion, Eric, and Manuel played more often, I wouldn't be agreeing with KK(besides the fact that I think KK does a lot better vs Falco than Fox, dunno if that's true). As it stands, it's pretty clear that BC's dead scene isn't a product of having a smaller number of players or a fragmented player base. Ever seen AZ's player base? Or North Carolina's player base?

It's the fact that there's no longer any motivation here. Nobody wants to run tournaments because it's a lot of trouble to find a venue that's free so that people don't have to pay venue fees. When they do, it's difficult to transport TVs around because so few people have a car. Even when that's done, there's no gratification for doing it either. How much **** do you talk to Meta when he's singlehandedly gotten the venue and TV's for 90% of your tournaments in the past year? This is the only region I've been to where one or two people get a free venue, singlehandedly supply TVs, and get **** for it.

Oh, and then there's the attitude of "you suck, so your opinion doesn't matter" trash talk in this region. Then there's the attitude of "you play a floaty, god that's so gay" **** that goes around, and there's the "I'm so good even though I haven't been to a national in years, I could probably beat those guys" **** that we have to hear all the time.

So go ahead, Adam. Take my money. Tell me how bad I am. Talk about how BC's top players are ****in ****. Blame it on not having enough players. It doesn't change anything.

And it's not going to change the fact that BC's scene will die if things don't change.
jesus christ dude

sorry to hear that BC sucks

baka4moé

Smash Champion
that post about bc is unfortunate. i remember meeting and talking to violence, meta, and tahsis. they're pretty awesome guys all around!!

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
sorry yakal my first post was a joke but evan thinks its actually serious. roby thinks its funny though.

id share some thoughts about bc, we r a nice community that has mini communities within it cuz certain pple live very far from each other so they just play with those around em. when big tournys do happen everyone gets together n has fun. most of the tvs r from one or two pple so its very convenient for a lot of pple to not have to carry so much. few active pple can drive like me eric manli tony victoria, okanagan. also bc attitude towards new players is meh. jack, one of our prime hosters back in the told me that bc only cares about new players for a bigger pot size$$. he had to make a new bracket for noobies called bottom 20. where noobies can play n have a chance at the #1 prize pool. i.e coud n zieg just came for bot 20 n never showed up in the smash community ever again. so jack would be hosting regular events n asked of us to do simple things like confirm n not be late but top players kept failing to do so and one day he just stopped caring and everyone was just like awww sorry aww sorry, sorry plz forgive me sorry. i heard it from jack himself n i got really upset so i disliked everyone from that point. i had to get some justice for jack so i said as inappropriate things possible to pple, i trolled em i did anything i could to make everyone annoyed or pissed for the last 2 yrs. well its 2011 now. it seems the only active pple in greater van excluding coquitlam r me, blunted adam roby n tony. so we became really close friends ocasionally smoke some kills exclude blunted, we just laid back pple. n ocasionally me roby n adam diss meta n disrespect him but were all laid back n never take it personal. evan knows everyone in bc needs him atm or else scene would be really dead.

btw meta is really a **** sometimes. eg one time my friend steven, a noobie shiek player down my block, was talkin to meta on msn, donno what they were talkin bout but my buddy misused the word "too" n meta started making a fuss on how he misused or spelled the world "too". not good first impression to my buddy. there was another time when i brought my buddy to his first tourny n meta started telling how to play the game his way. a lot of pple dont like to be told how to play a game ur exact way. buddy told me meta was telling how he shouldve grabbed n downthrown here n do this and that here. meta u were just overehelming my friend. thats y he doesnt play it no more when u told him about all that crap at once. he got intimidated by so much to learn. pple need to go ez on the noobies. supposed to give them more confidence not tryna teach em wavedash shffl techchase all at once wtf bro. meta u gotta change ur attitude where u think ur being nice or doing good by having to correct n educate pple.

:phone:

joeplicate

Smash Master
LOOOOOOOOOL!

I dunno much about Canada. Someone told me it's separated into three main areas, and the faggy one is the French-Canadian part on the Eastern coast. And then I thought of Kage and his absurdly French-Canadian sounding name and let out a gregarious chuckle.
stfu evan homo watkins. people know its a joke. also i hate it when bisexual furrys like u tell me what to do.

bc keep yo dirty laundry to yourself :p

all you guys who i've met are really cool fwiw
what's up brown bros., evan, manuel

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
LOOOOOOOOOL!

I dunno much about Canada. Someone told me it's separated into three main areas, and the faggy one is the French-Canadian part on the Eastern coast. And then I thought of Kage and his absurdly French-Canadian sounding name and let out a gregarious chuckle.
i know very much about america, this is what its like everywhere

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqpXLRlkHk0&t=0m46s

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
so jack would be hosting regular events n asked of us to do simple things like confirm n not be late but top players kept failing to do so and one day he just stopped caring and everyone was just like awww sorry aww sorry, sorry plz forgive me sorry. i heard it from jack himself n i got really upset so i disliked everyone from that point. i had to get some justice for jack so i said as inappropriate things possible to pple, i trolled em i did anything i could to make everyone annoyed or pissed for the last 2 yrs
oh god I can't stop laughing

this **** is gold

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
sad_day aka Mike go **** yourself.

Anyways I dunno what if Mike is saying is true particularly when he said he had to get justice for Jack. I'm guessing that's a joke. But anyways that doesn't matter. BC is really not bad I dunno what people are saying. Am I cocky at all? I don't think so. I also don't see how anyone else is cocky in BC other then NoobKing I guess. **** the few BC players that make us look bad... Anyways I dunno what Violence is talking about since I've been playing a **** load recently getting ready for APEX 2012! I just haven't been that active for hosting tournaments lately cause I'm busy with work. I'm deffinitely gonna have to talk to the BC boys about this and see what the **** is going on.

Also wtf at KK dissing BC. Scrub region? I would say out top 10 is pretty solid and we have talented players such as Bamesy, Terror Bird, and others are getting better that are not even on the PR! What does Toronto got other then KK, IB, Raynex, Unknown and Idea?

Anyways I guess I'm out of the loop of what's going on other then ****talk.. :S
Sup Joereplicate and others on this thread! =)

Metà

Smash Master
sad_day aka Mike go **** yourself.

Anyways I dunno what if Mike is saying is true particularly when he said he had to get justice for Jack. I'm guessing that's a joke. But anyways that doesn't matter. BC is really not bad I dunno what people are saying. Am I cocky at all? I don't think so. I also don't see how anyone else is cocky in BC other then NoobKing I guess. **** the few BC players that make us look bad... Anyways I dunno what Violence is talking about since I've been playing a **** load recently getting ready for APEX 2012! I just haven't been that active for hosting tournaments lately cause I'm busy with work. I'm deffinitely gonna have to talk to the BC boys about this and see what the **** is going on.

Also wtf at KK dissing BC. Scrub region? I would say out top 10 is pretty solid and we have talented players such as Bamesy, Terror Bird, and others are getting better that are not even on the PR! What does Toronto got other then KK, IB, Raynex, Unknown and Idea?

Anyways I guess I'm out of the loop of what's going on other then ****talk.. :S
Sup Joereplicate and others on this thread! =)
i don't see why comparing lesser players really matters. their top percentile is still another league above our best, so its really kind of a moot point. toronto is way better than us

Terror Bird

Smash Rookie
I don't know what's going on in here :/ but I love melee and I love melee players, from all regions.

We just need to spread the love a little more.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol wow, this is pretty heated as expected from ranking threads. I'm surprised KK that you pulled a Kage and called another region scrubby. I'm disappointed.

Also my real name is not french-canadian, it's russian-algerian.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
i don't see why comparing lesser players really matters. their top percentile is still another league above our best, so its really kind of a moot point. toronto is way better than us
Well if we had TOP 10 vs TOP 10 I think BC would win. That's what I'm getting at.

I don't see how Toronto is way better than us and I don't think their top players are on "another league" than us either. It's still fairly close I would say.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Yo, them be fighting words.

I agree with Violence about many of the issues in BC smash. Normally, though, it's not coming from the better players. #bias, but people like John, Eric, Sion, and I don't regularly go around dissing other players. It's actually the almost-pr players that tend to ruin the mood. There are in fact many new players who would be interested in coming, but don't because some people are such idiots.

However, KK, I would be surprised if EC Canada could comfortably beat us, despite the fact that you guys have a trillion more players and people. You guys are good and you have a great community, but I can't imagine you guys have a handful of players that could beat Sion, Eric, or myself consistently. The only fellow I would be scared of fighting in tournament is probably Unknown, lol. I believe you guys do underrate some of us.

In other news, I am likely going to be moving to Toronto for a year while I do a Master's. I'll try not to cry with all the supposed buttrape I'll be receiving.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
You and I both know that is faulty logic. Also, I am not of the opinion that you **** all of WC. I am confident that our top 3 would have an advantage against you in tournament.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You and I both know that is faulty logic. Also, I am not of the opinion that you **** all of WC. I am confident that our top 3 would have an advantage against you in tournament.
These days? I have no idea, only one way to find out. =P But honestly and personally, I never have a good idea where I stand, I can blast people to hell or I'm the one getting owned where I shouldn't, my level fluctuates too much.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion

You guys seemed so alive when I visited (although that was a few years back). I guess I should make another visit? =)

btw meta is really a **** sometimes. eg one time my friend steven, a noobie shiek player down my block, was talkin to meta on msn, donno what they were talkin bout but my buddy misused the word "too" n meta started making a fuss on how he misused or spelled the world "too". not good first impression to my buddy. there was another time when i brought my buddy to his first tourny n meta started telling how to play the game his way. a lot of pple dont like to be told how to play a game ur exact way. buddy told me meta was telling how he shouldve grabbed n downthrown here n do this and that here. meta u were just overehelming my friend. thats y he doesnt play it no more when u told him about all that crap at once. he got intimidated by so much to learn. pple need to go ez on the noobies. supposed to give them more confidence not tryna teach em wavedash shffl techchase all at once wtf bro. meta u gotta change ur attitude where u think ur being nice or doing good by having to correct n educate pple.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

wtf happened here

Bing

Smash Master
EC vs WC LETS DO IT. That would be so hype. Even Ontario vs. BC. I think we could take it. KK, Raynex,Unknown,Weon-X,Europhoria,Tect,I.B, Even Idea, Riddlebox and even people like Reis and Izek. We got this. XD

Also, wow this got mad heated.

EDIT: Also calling johns on the whole not being able to find smashers/dont live close enough. To attend **** I gotta travel for like 2 hours. And Im the only player in my region. so Johns guys, Johns. I fortunetly got lucky and a player from a city an hour moved to town for school. So I got a buddy for 9 months.

I said that and Im probably going to get flamed but I dont care. Someone will get my back. <3 (hoping)

weon - X

Smash Ace
if we're talking EAST COAST vs WEST canada then i dont think WC has a chance. east coast would include quebec (kage vwins bam chester pest etc....)

if u wanna make things more intresting then yeah just toronto vs WC i guess

Bing

Smash Master
Yeah I think we should have a crews tournament. So Like, Toronto, WC, Quebec, Ontario(Everything but Toronto i.e Niagara, Kingston, Ottawa, Waterloo ETC)

Regardless, Id love to see like, Sion vs David, Bernard or Ryan...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
if we're talking EAST COAST vs WEST canada then i dont think WC has a chance. east coast would include quebec (kage vwins bam chester pest etc....)

if u wanna make things more intresting then yeah just toronto vs WC i guess
WC do not know your skill level, I think you can beat them too. =P

Violence

Smash Lord
My impression from my two bracket matches:

Riddlebox: Around WC rank 10 or lower atm.

Weon-x: Around WC rank 4-6 currently, but with greater potential, still improving.

weon - X

Smash Ace
violence we only played 2 matches, i didnt use my main. im not saying ur underestimating me, u could also be over rating me, 2 matches isn't enough to rank a person and determine their skill level.

Top Bottom