• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 20 Players

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
North America Only:

1. Mango
2. Dr. PeePee
3. Hungryb0x
4. Mew2King
5. Jman
6. Lovage
7. Axe
8. Zhu
9. Smoke2Jointz
10. Hax
11. Shroomed
12. Silent Wolf
13. Wobbles
14. VanZ
15. Kirby Kaze
16. Unknown522
17. Fly Amanita
18. Sion
19. PC Chris
20. Eggm

Honorable mention:

Plup, SFAT, Chillindude, LOZR, StricNYN3, Eggz, RaynEX, Colbol, Duck, Kels, Bam, Vwins, Blunted_Object10, Diakonos, DieSlow, MacD, Lucien, Eddy Mexico, Lucky, Tec0, Darc, DaShizWiz, Dart, Javi, Kage, Linguini.

In a year: Lovage will be top 3. Sion and StricNYN3 will be top 10.

WestBALLZ will earn honorable mention.

Your thoughts?

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I think unknown522 and Raynex are definitely top 20

I think this is for the most part standard (Mango generally being 1, dr. pp and hbox being almost interchangable, m2k distinctly behind at 4th)
1. Mango
2. Dr. PeePee
3. Hungryb0x
4. Mew2King

This part is debatable, mainly because people from this subgroup had many losses to each other
Mainly, this group will beat each other and have different matchup weaknesses/strengths
5. Hax
6. Jman
7. Zhu
8. Axe
9. Kirbykaze
10. Lovage
11. Smoke2jointz
12. Fly Amanita
13. Shroomed
14. Vanz
15. Unknown522
16. PC Chris
17. Raynex
18. Wobbles
19. Eggm
20. Silent Wolf

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
Hax has been getting wrecked recently. He also displays a poor attitude and smokes inordinate amounts of marijuana. I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop off soon.

Kirby Kaze and Unknown522 just got outplaced by Lovage and S2J. (Lovage and S2J inspired this thread <3333. There's a real chance Lovage is top 3 right now. I won't be surprised when he becomes best in the world.)

By no objective measure can you place Fly ahead of Wobbles.

Shroomed beat Axe, Lovage and PeePee at Genesis 2. He's one half of the best team in NorCal. There's no way he's just 16th.

I also took teams into account. Fly, for example, is notoriously poor in teams. Wobbles has been elite for years. Lovage and S2J are one of the top three or five teams in the country.

What has RaynEX done in the past year?

I wish Canada would play each other more or hold Nationals. It's tough to tell how good KK/BO/Kage/Unknown/RaynEX/Vwins/Bam/Diakonos/DieSlow/Sion are.

Violence

Smash Lord
Everyone has their own opinions, Apathy. When it comes to lists like these, debating the nitty gritty gets you nowhere.

My 20:

1. Mango
2. Dr. PeePee
3. Hungryb0x
4. Mew2King
5. Jman
6. Zhu
7. Lovage
8. Axe
9. S2J
10. Hax$
11. Fly Amanita
12. KirbyKaze
13. Taj
14. Vanz
15. Shroomed
16. Unknown
17. Silent Wolf
18. SFAT

And I can't think of two more.

My reasoning is entirely arbitrary.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I weigh Nationals more than anything, ESPECIALLY locals

Hax has been top 10 at nearly every national, what more can you want from him?
There's so much shenanagins and sandbagging at locals that I don't see 1 or 2 bad results being that bad.

Teams is a whole separate ball park too. Top 20 should entail singles only, if you want to create a ranking for teams, it should honestly be separate.

Fly has beaten M2K and Hbox. Wobbles has a victory over Mango'a Falcon. There's your measure.

Everything from 10-20 is honestly super debatable. I can see Shroomed as high as 13th or as low as 18th, so take everything in that range with a grain of salt.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
@ Tafo: Flattered, but I'm really not that good. :laugh:

@ people in general: Regardless of where you put me, Unknown should be ranked higher than me.

He seriously should have had like 3rd or higher at the MI tournament but he lost a silly set to me when his record with me in tournament is seriously something like 78-6 or something (and I'm not the 78).

He also outplaced me at Pound 5 and STYC2. He generally does better than me. I just randomly have close sets with people like PP and M2K sometimes for no reason at all. Maybe that's Sheik's super power. :laugh:

Gaara♥

Smash Master
I dont remember seeing colbol's name in the high placings in any recent (if any) national tournament that would ever warrant a top 20 pick in North America. I hear he is the ***** in Florida though. Maybe I am wrong

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
1. Mango
2. Dr. PeePee
3. Hungrybox
4. Mew2King
5. Zhu
6. Jman
7. PC Chris
8. Hax
9. S2J
10. Lovage
11. VanZ
12. Fly Amanita
13. Shroomed
14. Unknown522
15. KirbyKaze
16. Axe
17. Taj
18. Kels
19. Eggm
20. RaynEX

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Hax, Jman, Zhu, Axe, Kirbykaze, Lovage, Smoke2jointz, Fly Amanita

Like I said, it's really close. I could make arguments for you (shroomed) over everyone here (except for maybe jman)

Violence

Smash Lord
It's hard to order everyone, especially when everyone hasn't played everyone.

I kept trying to move up Dajuan, and then I found that other people were too low, so I moved them up, and so on and so on...

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
lol apparently Taj getting 3rd at genesis means nothing to people

this topic sucks :(
What else has he done?

Sion is the homie choice because a year from now it's gonna look LOL dumb not to include him on any list of elite players.

Step it up Otto, Oscar and Dajuan: show your rankings! Opinions are like *******s etc.

I forgot Jeremy beat those dudes. And he beats Zoo consistently. If Zoo wasn't semi-retired he'd be top 5 or top 3. And he beat Hax at like... the first Genesis. And he just beat Lovage.

There's no doubt he's a beast in singles. But teams, dawg. Teams is half da battle. No johns about that.

Money's money, results are results, skill is skill.

I put S2J over Hax for little reason aside from pure bias. The results don't back it up but they soon.

The common denominator my top 20 has is absurd tech skill. From that perspective Colbol and StricNYN3 (which is the most original name since Lovage) are closest to breaking through. Plup beat Hb0x and Colbol, so he could also be massively underrated.

But he plays Samus, so probably not. Character johns are also why Kage doesn't make the cut.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I'm not convinced you will still beat Sion. I'd say you'd be more likely to win, but it's far from a safe bet.

(no offense to Sheik)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Real talk, Sion/diakonos/blunted should all be on there somewhere. If only sion would ****ing attend nationals god damnit.

EDIT: You too manuel, lol.

EDIT: David - not if you lose to falcons. ;)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
We're probably near that 20th spot, but I'm not sure we would be anywhere much higher. None of us has broken top 13, for example.

D

Deleted member

recent results wise i might be like 9th-10th, but I really can't be above Hax just because he's literally done well every national unless u put an extremely heavy bias on recent results/ me getting 1 place higher than him at g2

i'm more of a matchup master and dodged people that would poop on me/ they were playing bad/ winning matches I should easily have lost

i'd say realistically i'm more in between 13-16~ range

also, oscar > me for sure

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Violence, money match plz.

David - NW is playing the hand they were dealt. If we had a bigger and more dedicated scene like you guys, I would have something to say about that. Sadly, this is not the case. Our smash scene out here is very segregated and nobody seems to really care enough out here to attend nationals. I used to... but those days have pretty much come and gone.

However, if you're speaking about BC as a region. I'd say we **** like 80-90% of the individual states of America and provinces of canada. Which isn't particularly bad at all.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
There are like 5 US states that have a decent smash scene, so that's 10%.

So being better than 90% of the US states isn't saying much

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
David - NW is playing the hand they were dealt. If we had a bigger and more dedicated scene like you guys, I would have something to say about that. Sadly, this is not the case.
My heart goes out to you, but that's not my problem.

Our smash scene out here is very segregated and nobody seems to really care enough out here to attend nationals.
See above.

However, if you're speaking about BC as a region. I'd say we **** like 80-90% of the individual states of America and provinces of canada. Which isn't particularly bad at all.
There are two active regions of Canada, maybe two and a half tops. One of them has recently suffered a massive blow from Vwins quitting, and the other is bawwing about having to "play the hand they're dealt" (although that point is sort of moot anyway because you guys can't play against yourselves). That leaves Toronto.

Toronto would **** you guys up.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
shots fired

edit: @noobking, how can you say "we play the hand we were dealt" and also say "nobody seems to care enough to go to nationals."

i mean they are not totally inconsistent statements i guess, but it seems like a copout

also, what does mming eric have to do w/anything?

Violence

Smash Lord
I like how that's your answer for everything, Adam. I make a statement, oh, I'm bad, so I probably know nothing, let's prove it with a money match. You still owe me 20 dollars, why would I money match you?

BC's problem is that there's very little community here. I've been here for a year now, and I've seen plenty of players, but there's very little feeling of a real community. There's too much ego, and too much animosity.

I don't think BC lacks talent at all. If Sion, Eric, and Manuel played more often, I wouldn't be agreeing with KK(besides the fact that I think KK does a lot better vs Falco than Fox, dunno if that's true). As it stands, it's pretty clear that BC's dead scene isn't a product of having a smaller number of players or a fragmented player base. Ever seen AZ's player base? Or North Carolina's player base?

It's the fact that there's no longer any motivation here. Nobody wants to run tournaments because it's a lot of trouble to find a venue that's free so that people don't have to pay venue fees. When they do, it's difficult to transport TVs around because so few people have a car. Even when that's done, there's no gratification for doing it either. How much **** do you talk to Meta when he's singlehandedly gotten the venue and TV's for 90% of your tournaments in the past year? This is the only region I've been to where one or two people get a free venue, singlehandedly supply TVs, and get **** for it.

Oh, and then there's the attitude of "you suck, so your opinion doesn't matter" trash talk in this region. Then there's the attitude of "you play a floaty, god that's so gay" **** that goes around, and there's the "I'm so good even though I haven't been to a national in years, I could probably beat those guys" **** that we have to hear all the time.

So go ahead, Adam. Take my money. Tell me how bad I am. Talk about how BC's top players are ****in ****. Blame it on not having enough players. It doesn't change anything.

I'm still pretty sure that KK would **** BC as is.

I'm still pissed at how you people treat each other.

And it's not going to change the fact that BC's scene will die if things don't change.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Back in my day, that's how we settled any dispute or argument, regardless of it's nature. We money matched. Also I totally forgot I owe you yo. My bad.

I've taken heavy fire. I'm going to retreat for now.

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
LOOOOOOOOOL!

I dunno much about Canada. Someone told me it's separated into three main areas, and the faggy one is the French-Canadian part on the Eastern coast. And then I thought of Kage and his absurdly French-Canadian sounding name and let out a gregarious chuckle.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
I like how that's your answer for everything, Adam. I make a statement, oh, I'm bad, so I probably know nothing, let's prove it with a money match. You still owe me 20 dollars, why would I money match you?

BC's problem is that there's very little community here. I've been here for a year now, and I've seen plenty of players, but there's very little feeling of a real community. There's too much ego, and too much animosity.

I don't think BC lacks talent at all. If Sion, Eric, and Manuel played more often, I wouldn't be agreeing with KK(besides the fact that I think KK does a lot better vs Falco than Fox, dunno if that's true). As it stands, it's pretty clear that BC's dead scene isn't a product of having a smaller number of players or a fragmented player base. Ever seen AZ's player base? Or North Carolina's player base?

It's the fact that there's no longer any motivation here. Nobody wants to run tournaments because it's a lot of trouble to find a venue that's free so that people don't have to pay venue fees. When they do, it's difficult to transport TVs around because so few people have a car. Even when that's done, there's no gratification for doing it either. How much **** do you talk to Meta when he's singlehandedly gotten the venue and TV's for 90% of your tournaments in the past year? This is the only region I've been to where one or two people get a free venue, singlehandedly supply TVs, and get **** for it.

Oh, and then there's the attitude of "you suck, so your opinion doesn't matter" trash talk in this region. Then there's the attitude of "you play a floaty, god that's so gay" **** that goes around, and there's the "I'm so good even though I haven't been to a national in years, I could probably beat those guys" **** that we have to hear all the time.

So go ahead, Adam. Take my money. Tell me how bad I am. Talk about how BC's top players are ****in ****. Blame it on not having enough players. It doesn't change anything.

I'm still pretty sure that KK would **** BC as is.

I'm still pissed at how you people treat each other.

And it's not going to change the fact that BC's scene will die if things don't change.
real talk though we lacking the players, our smash scene is dying cuz a lot of old players stop playing and our community aint growing. whenever we do get a new players we r really nice to them so they dont leave.

LOOOOOOOOOL!

I dunno much about Canada. Someone told me it's separated into three main areas, and the faggy one is the French-Canadian part on the Eastern coast. And then I thought of Kage and his absurdly French-Canadian sounding name and let out a gregarious chuckle.
donno but BC's community is mainly made up of AZNS especially vietnamese nammers. we deal coke, kill kush and xtc. most of our smashers here get as high as **** before playing smash or else its too boring. we settle everything here with **** talk and money matches. it seems washington is starting to adopt our life styles. getting high before grand finals.

just joking but only 3 of us do that.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
It's the fact that there's no longer any motivation here. Nobody wants to run tournaments because it's a lot of trouble to find a venue that's free so that people don't have to pay venue fees.
Sad but true. All the motivation washes up on the shores of Vancouver Island where it costs over 30 bucks and several hours in transportation alone to attend mainland tourneys and they still show up... frequently... and supply half the T.V.s... on foot.

Violence

Smash Lord
Yeah, pretty much what I said doesn't apply at all to people who live outside of the greater Vancouver area. You guys generally do work.

unityole

Smash Lord
David - NW is playing the hand they were dealt. If we had a bigger and more dedicated scene like you guys, I would have something to say about that. Sadly, this is not the case. Our smash scene out here is very segregated and nobody seems to really care enough out here to attend nationals. I used to... but those days have pretty much come and gone.
i loled when i read that, i wonder who made me undedicated to smash when i had to bring friends that doesnt even play smash to help me carry TVs, whoever says that in BC should be ashamed. which reminds me of how many people are always late, and they are mostly the top players.

whenever we do get a new players we r really nice to them so they dont leave.
for money purposes

Top Bottom