• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 20 Players

Bing

Smash Master
Kage is so defs top 20.. But I wouldnt say he's top 10.

Also, Raynex is probably the best Fox main in Canada, but dont sleep on Unknown. Just making sure he doesnt get left out :)

After like top 5, especially top 10 it really is hard to organize everyone...

idea

Smash Master
if you ask either raynex or unknown who's better they'll tell you it's the other one :p

i like thinking about it in terms of matchups or playstyles more. there's a reason unknown beat s2j and raynex didn't. but there are people and matchups where i'd give bernard the better chance of success.

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
there's a reason unknown beat s2j and raynex didn't.
variance ?

I love Cali. But damn I gotta stop playing other **** competitively and get on my melee grind. *****s like Shroomed goin' hard! S2J clowned me @ Big House and Lovage kinda...won the whole thing. You try-hards make me want to become less jittery/random and more solid.

I can't wait to fly down. :)
What a stereotypically black post. :laugh:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
1. Mango
2. Dr. PeePee
3. Hbox
4. Mew2King
5-8. Lovage/Axe/Zhu/Jman (call me spineless if you wish)
9. Smoke2Jointz
10. Shroomed
11. Wobbles
12. Fly Amanita
13. Hax
14. VanZ
14. Kirby Kaze
15. Unknown522
16. Silent Wolf
17. Kels
18. Eggz

I wanted to put Taj, Tope, Chillin, and/or DaShizWiz somewhere on this list, but didn't really know where.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Sorry Tai, but that list can't be true! Like I said, after the top 3-4 it's pointless. I've beaten everyone in 5-8 the last time I played them aside from Jman since we haven't played. S2J beat me last time and then Lovage beat him. There's way too many things like that to have a solid ranking.

idea

Smash Master
What might be more useful is a tier list of players. Without a ranked order. It's easier to agree on who's top tier and who's high tier, without having to assign a number to it.

Plus then there can be lots of deep, meaningful discussion about who's in bottom tier.

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Tai, but that list can't be true! Like I said, after the top 3-4 it's pointless. I've beaten everyone in 5-8 the last time I played them aside from Jman since we haven't played. S2J beat me last time and then Lovage beat him. There's way too many things like that to have a solid ranking.
the perfect is the enemy of the better

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
oops
i totally forgot about your matches with oscar and zhu
and just remembered you losing to johnny
my bad

anyway, i made my list semi-arbitrarily, so don't take any of it personally if you disagree with it. chances are, i was shaky in placing the people where i did, and i'd be fully able to sympathize with your disagreement.

p.s.

adam, what was your reasoning for placing silent wolf where you did? specifically, i'm curious about why he's above wobbles, but otherwise, i'm also interested in knowing what results (or other judgments) you used to place him there.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
What might be more useful is a tier list of players. Without a ranked order. It's easier to agree on who's top tier and who's high tier, without having to assign a number to it.

Plus then there can be lots of deep, meaningful discussion about who's in bottom tier.
A feasible idea.

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
adam, what was your reasoning for placing silent wolf where you did?
i knocked wobbles slightly for being ICs and therefore less valuable in teams.

and aside from lovage i can't think of anyone who has consistently and steadily improved for the past five years.

i'm also biased since he's been one of my favorite players for years.

it's too bad DJ combo quit otto lives in WA cuz if he lived in CA or EC he'd be t3 imo

VA

Smash Hero
O Canada!

When do I get to come back and tell you about how much worse the UK is than anything you whiners whine about.

Actually UK is a lot better at the moment, we still suck (except Fuzzy and Prof) but the community is taking some long overdue steps forward. I don't suck either, obviously.

I would like to see top 4 in the UK take on top 4 any of your provinces. We'd probably get effed up, but it would be amazing to see swizzy chaingrab KK to death 4 times in a row. This boy is inhuman at Ganondorfs CG, ask crystalnite.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
O Canada!

When do I get to come back and tell you about how much worse the UK is than anything you whiners whine about.

Actually UK is a lot better at the moment, we still suck (except Fuzzy and Prof) but the community is taking some long overdue steps forward. I don't suck either, obviously.

I would like to see top 4 in the UK take on top 4 any of your provinces. We'd probably get effed up, but it would be amazing to see swizzy chaingrab KK to death 4 times in a row. This boy is inhuman at Ganondorfs CG, ask crystalnite.
Sorry but he won't be able to land the grab in first place, if you really think a lower level Ganon stands a chance, lol.

VA

Smash Hero
I don't think he'd win but it's always hilarious seeing him 0-death CG sheiks that's all.

We'd take you down to china town.

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
it's annoying when crappy players live vicariously thru good players

what about it annoys me? hmm. because they're not objective. i can live vicariously thru zoo, lovage and johnny but i am still objective. i don't live thru shroomed (except his DI) and mango because they're boring.

(it's true: mango the past 12-14 months is terrible. but the year prior to that? going falco on everybody and ****** lives? we haven't seen that since Ken. we're never gonna see that again, at least not from m.go. in fact i shall declare i no longer call him mango but m.go, as he is just a fraction of his prime.)

zoo is a methodical technical zen master, lovage epitomizes speed and aggression like no one since DSW and johnny is a ****** campy *** falcon who used to be way more exciting but has had to gay his game up in order to compete.

it's only cuz he's falcon. and because i have sentiment from watching him go from a pup to a bone-crunching pitbull.

i miss your spamming dair edge cancel tricksies. i swear you had more waveland tricksies. shield tricksies. YOU'VE LOST SO MUCH CREATIVITY! if you don't get it back i fear for you. look at what happened to SS! super champ combo was it when he almost beat mango? SS then was mad creative. his intense sets with pink shinobi still saw a lot of creativity. but he got boring and safe and he sucked ****. let this cautionary tale scare you into creativity.

i let you pass for now cuz you've only recently become amazing and it's stressful playing a bunch of amazing players you've never played before and all that jazz, so it's understandable you focus on executing what you know you can so you don't risk ****ing your nerves up by trying some adventurous ****. but soon you're gonna get used to it. and if creative johnny doesn't come back I'MA BE ALL OVER YOUR *** AND I WILL NO LONGER LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU

/saving thread from boring *** canada/europe

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
here's the perfect example of people living vicariously thru others

your brother is SUCH A GOOD FALCO (WHO LOST TO DAVID KIM AKA KIRA!)

and you're such a TERRIBLE human being

it makes sense that all you could do to respond to such a thorough post is to lash out. you're inadequate and you know you are. a good offense is the best defensive mechanism.

i remember when you used to use ganon! you sucked back then, too, but at least you were unique. you could say, hey, here's noobking: he's bad but predominantly because his character is bad.

now? well, it's too bad your offense sucks.

HOW CAN YOU BE BAD WHEN YOUR BROTHER IS AMAZING! YOU'RE MANACLOUD 2.0!

except, low-key, manacloud was actually pretty ****ing good at this game. SOCAL!

Violence

Smash Lord
First, don't talk like you know Adam Brown. I may not approve of the things he does, but I'd never claim he's a terrible human being. Especially without knowing him personally. He's not a bad player and he doesn't live in his brother's shadow. There's a time and a place to call out someone, but it's not when they're correctly informing you that you're being an idiot.

Second, don't talk like you some sort of special authority on melee.

Until you understand that you're just as susceptible to the bias you accuse others of, you'll just continue to look like someone who doesn't know what he's talking about and make an *** of yourself.

All you're saying is worthless opinion just like all of the rest of us. I'm pretty sure Dajuan was correct in saying that it's too hard to rank everyone past the first 4 because everyone beats everyone in an interlaced web of good player circlejerking.

And I disagree with your assessment of Mango, Dajuan, and Johnny.

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
First, don't talk like you know Adam Brown. I may not approve of the things he does, but I'd never claim he's a terrible human being.
you take yourself (and, consequently, others) waaaay too seriously.

Second, don't talk like you some sort of special authority
pot, meet kettle.

i think everyone who knows me (or of me) knows exactly how to interpret my post. if you don't know me? get *****!

i do feel something for you, violence, so i'll explain myself a wee bit more:

1. your post makes me LOL because, hi, look at my sig!
2. i've had internet quips with noobknig before and he's nothing but a troll. i shut him down because i can out troll anyone when i feel like it. i felt like it.
3. did you even contextualize my post? i clearly stated i was taking back the thread from ****ty uninteresting posters.

Violence

Smash Lord
You can think all you want that you're being interesting and clever and trololololing everyone.

All I see is someone being an ******* for sake of being an *******.

However, as all internet arguments go, this has gone from being pointless to being even more pointless, so I don't think I'll be posting in here anymore.

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
You can think all you want that you're being interesting and clever and trololololing everyone.

All I see is someone being an ******* for sake of being an *******.

However, as all internet arguments go, this has gone from being pointless to being even more pointless, so I don't think I'll be posting in here anymore.
you didn't even address the contradiction i pointed out. what, because i'm right and you're wrong in this instance you can't honestly address it? typical internet mentality of "i must win." and you've seen you can't win so you're attempting to save face.

but it's not a competition to me, and i have no face to save.

i don't blame you for not responding. i am merely disappointed your reply was so typical and intellectually dishonest.

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
m.go doesn't have that edge. he's not ruthless. never has been either; he was just way better than everyone else.

now he's not.

he always had the potential to go mew2king-vs-crazy-return on the entire scene. he never lived up to it.

if i was ranking the world there's no question in my mind that armada is the undisputed no. 1. the only reason i didn't rank the world is because i havent been following the europe scene for the 7+ years i've been following the US scene. i have only a vague idea of how good all their other guys are.

although, now that i'm talking about it, i think europe is significantly better than US. (note that i said US and not north america.)

that's another reason m.go will never be the greatest melee player to ever play the game: Ken went to Japan (at the time the obvious second-best scene in the world) and beat everybody.

i don't think people understand how difficult that is, to go to another country, ****** your body clock, and beating someone in their home. do you remember how GOOD bombsoldier was? aniki? captain jack? (captain jack v amsah = best set ever? okay i'm rambling) certainly on the level of armada.

m.go had a good stretch, but he needed to keep it up for another year, two years. he's not focused enough to do that and frankly he has no desire to do it. it's a shame for the fans.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
here's the perfect example of people living vicariously thru others

your brother is SUCH A GOOD FALCO (WHO LOST TO DAVID KIM AKA KIRA!)

and you're such a TERRIBLE human being

it makes sense that all you could do to respond to such a thorough post is to lash out. you're inadequate and you know you are. a good offense is the best defensive mechanism.

i remember when you used to use ganon! you sucked back then, too, but at least you were unique. you could say, hey, here's noobking: he's bad but predominantly because his character is bad.

now? well, it's too bad your offense sucks.

HOW CAN YOU BE BAD WHEN YOUR BROTHER IS AMAZING! YOU'RE MANACLOUD 2.0!

except, low-key, manacloud was actually pretty ****ing good at this game. SOCAL!
way to focus in one like one of my brothers minor losses. He's defeated and gone hella close with top players, but I'm not about to Jock him.

You haven't even played me. Don't make any assumptions about my level of skill. I'm not too far behind my brother in terms of overall skill. I lack consistencey. However, I'm sure that if you played me, and experienced getting dismantled by a frigging falcon, your opinion of me might change, if only slightly ;)

Also, most people who have met me will telll you I'm generally a very positive and friendly person to be around. just say'n. :)

dude omg
i missed adam's presence on the boards so much
you don't even know
I assume you're not referring to me... ?

D

Deleted member

it's annoying when crappy players live vicariously thru good players

what about it annoys me? hmm. because they're not objective. i can live vicariously thru zoo, lovage and johnny but i am still objective. i don't live thru shroomed (except his DI) and mango because they're boring.

(it's true: mango the past 12-14 months is terrible. but the year prior to that? going falco on everybody and ****** lives? we haven't seen that since Ken. we're never gonna see that again, at least not from m.go. in fact i shall declare i no longer call him mango but m.go, as he is just a fraction of his prime.)

zoo is a methodical technical zen master, lovage epitomizes speed and aggression like no one since DSW and johnny is a ****** campy *** falcon who used to be way more exciting but has had to gay his game up in order to compete.

it's only cuz he's falcon. and because i have sentiment from watching him go from a pup to a bone-crunching pitbull.

i miss your spamming dair edge cancel tricksies. i swear you had more waveland tricksies. shield tricksies. YOU'VE LOST SO MUCH CREATIVITY! if you don't get it back i fear for you. look at what happened to SS! super champ combo was it when he almost beat mango? SS then was mad creative. his intense sets with pink shinobi still saw a lot of creativity. but he got boring and safe and he sucked ****. let this cautionary tale scare you into creativity.

i let you pass for now cuz you've only recently become amazing and it's stressful playing a bunch of amazing players you've never played before and all that jazz, so it's understandable you focus on executing what you know you can so you don't risk ****ing your nerves up by trying some adventurous ****. but soon you're gonna get used to it. and if creative johnny doesn't come back I'MA BE ALL OVER YOUR *** AND I WILL NO LONGER LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU

/saving thread from boring *** canada/europe
i assure u i am not nearly as gay as i was in the past (which was literally do nothing but sit back and n-air), in fact me vs tink i almost pay for it by being a little bit too aggressive

if ur talking about me from the time period of 1.5 years- 6 months ago, you are completely right

Top Bottom