• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 SSB4 Top Roster Canidates

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Ganondorf and Bowser are basically the same characters as in their games, whereas tiny Ridley =/= Ridley. If he were reasonably sized he just wouldn't be as cool.
Thank you. Ridley is consistently larger than Samus, much larger. Bowser ranges from a couple times larger to much larger. Ganon is huge, but his human form Ganondorf isn't. K. Rool, is also varied in height (from DK's height to huge). Ridley is almost always more than 3X samus's height (except in the original due to graphics limitations).

My final vote goes to Bowser Jr.

sosolid2kk

Smash Rookie
Thanks for judging me by when I joined... ;.;

+1 For Krystal.

Edit:I was looking at a page and responded To it... Find it yourself

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thank you. Ridley is consistently larger than Samus, much larger. Bowser ranges from a couple times larger to much larger. Ganon is huge, but his human form Ganondorf isn't. K. Rool, is also varied in height (from DK's height to huge). Ridley is almost always more than 3X samus's height (except in the original due to graphics limitations).
So Olimar, his Pikmin, Pikachu and Jigglypuff weren't resized to fit into the game? Cool. Didn't know that.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
So Olimar, his Pikmin, Pikachu and Jigglypuff weren't resized to fit into the game? Cool. Didn't know that.
They were, and so were other Characters (Ganondorf is normally 2X link's size), but really, how do you make Ridley smaller, and keep all that epicness with him? Bowser and Ganon gave leeway, Ridley doesn't (he actually makes it somewhat harder, especially since one fight you face him during freefall).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I just don't see what "epicness" would disappear if he was downsized. That argument's just, for me, a strawman.
Ridley can be cool and small. That's what Ganondorf is.

Smash is NOT meant to be "epic" or transform the seriousness the Metroid series has in its games, it's meant to be fun and have the fans' favourite characters duking it out. And Ridley IS a fan-favourite.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Thanks for judging me by when I joined... ;.;

+1 For Krystal.

Edit:I was looking at a page and responded To it... Find it yourself
I wasn't judging you. I was just pointing out how coincidental it was that a bunch of people joined around the same time to vote Krystal.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I just don't see what "epicness" would disappear if he was downsized. That argument's just, for me, a strawman.
Ridley can be cool and small. That's what Ganondorf is.

Smash is NOT meant to be "epic" or transform the seriousness the Metroid series has in its games, it's meant to be fun and have the fans' favourite characters duking it out. And Ridley IS a fan-favourite.
OK, You got me there. Too bad I can't change my vote.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I'll be dramatic by being one of the final final votes. I'd like to close my participation in this game with my last vote for Isaac.

Final Vote: Isaac

It was a good run.

LSDX

Wah!
all Voting Is Over, Any Posts After This Will Instantly Become Reported!!!

thank You All For Voting, The Results Shall Be Posted At Some Point On February 1st, 2009!!!

•Col•

Smash Champion
Um... Wow.

For my tally, I got TOTALLY different numbers somehow. xD I had Krystal in 4th place. ._. All the other spots were the same as yours, however.

The furosious robot has left

Smash Journeyman
K....Kry...Krystal? LOST? *Breaks all valuable items, quits job, sells pets, gambles house, and has friend tie me up while I try to escape and kill him (not because I don't like him, I just want to kill someone)*

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
stop spamming
NO U

Well, again, we want our vets back (explains Roy and Mewtwo) and DK needs more rep, and K. Rool has less problems than most of the other people on the list.
this kong... has a funny face...
yeah...

i feel like roy and mewtwo deserve to be decent characters and they didn't really get their chance in the only smash game they were in...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Trying to be serious here, but, they need to just put a gopher in SSB4.

Imagine all of the attention the game would get if it had just a regular gopher in it. Not from any game, just a second rodent.
Now that people heard this, we should reopen the contest with the gopher as a choice.

Steelia

Smash Champion
M-Mewtwo is in 2nd place?! WOW. That's a total shocker to me... I really didn't think he was even remotely close to Roy. :D

To think, the two cut characters are in the HUNDREDS... while the other largely supported characters had yet to break that. Interesting. Very interesting.

King K. Rool and Ridley were dang close, though. VERY close. Goes to show they're still just as supported as ever.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I request Ridley being on the picture, too. CAUSE SMASH HAS 4 PLAYERS!

Also, lol @ Krystal. Never thought she would have so little votes. XD

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Do you guys think Sakurai would count Roy and Mewtwo as newcomers if he brought them back? They are still Veterans...

So K.Rool is the most wanted newcomer. Excellent. Hopefully the SSB4 polls in the future convey this to Sakurai and co.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I request Ridley being on the picture, too. CAUSE SMASH HAS 4 PLAYERS!

Also, lol @ Krystal. Never thought she would have so little votes. XD
I fifth that, on Ridley, he's **** good to be a character, I noticed it little time ago *brick'd*

And... I second that. Of Krystal XD totally owned.

W00t. Roy is first, total ownage from his part.

Edit: Isaac did pretty well there. He is still loved that's now confirmed.

Top Bottom