• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tommy_G's Clubhouse Birthday Tournament LoLfest 9/10

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Ok, smashers in Florida, listen up. The smash community is dying and it needs your help. I realize that the huge reason of the tournament scene dying is how cost intensive they are. Also, no one wants to stress and worry every second of the day while they're in the tournament. I'm going to help you out with both of those.

I reduced the cost of the tournament because that shouldn't be the focus of this event. It's a chillfest with a tournament, not a tournament where everyone comes to chill. We need more smashfests and some kind of return on efforts would help convince top level players to attend.

The door fee here is $5, but I need to emphasize two things first. I will have food at this venue for free after door fee has been paid. I've done it before and everyone loved it. There will also be cake. *Portal*(No, really, there will be cake, it's my ****ing birthday)
I also want to emphasize how I am overloaded with TVs along with nearly 10 outlets in the venue. This means you can bring setups to what ever you like to play, including computers to play LoL (because I know a lot of you SFLers would love to play) There is wifi so we should have at least 5 setups at one time to rotate.

Oh and if you happen to drive a full car(4 other people) your door fee is waived. Make people pay less for gas money you greedy mother ****ers and bring more people to hypefest.

Along with the other amenities, I'm sure there's something you can find to keep yourself from having a nervous breakdown.
[highlight]

Date: September 10th, 2011
Time: 10:00 am-11:00 pm
9050 SW Pennsylvania Ave
Stuart, FL 34997[/highlight]

Here are the pictures of the venue...yeah I know, I need to learn how to take better pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=109046&id=603443989&l=946b7c4a80

This venue is my neighborhood clubhouse. Ima be straight forward with all of you and let you know that there's a straight amount to rent for one day and $200 down for damages that I get back if nothing is damaged. I'll be willing to put $200 of my own money for you as long as everyone promises to not get too crazy.

There is a form I need everyone to sign when they arrive to assure everyone's safety.
The tldr(too long; didn't read) version of this form will be something along the lines of: 'you are responsible for anything you break.' There will be an indemnification clause stating 'if you hurt yourself, it's not my fault.'
Here's the **** I had to go through:
http://www.riverforestpoa.org/files/Clubhouse_Reservation_Agreement_rev_06-29-09.pdf
Ignore the max of 8 hr thing. They said I can have it all day.

[highlight]$5 door fee
because I can...and
$5 for Singles entry
$10 for Doubles entry, $5 per person.
The driver of a full car does not have to pay door fee.
[/highlight]
Payouts will be to the top 10% of the people entering rounded down.
If 30 people go. it'll be top 3: 60- 30- 10
If 40 people go, it'll be top 4: 55- 30- 10- 5
If 60 people go, it'll be top 5: 47.5-25- 10- 7.5- 5&5
If 80 people go, itll be top 7: 45- 22.5-10- 7.5- 5&5- 2.5&2.5
I will edit the payouts later to fix some of the inconsistencies.
[Collapse=The Rules of the Tournament(Shamelessly copied from ESAM's monthly thread. Lolz sue me.]

Don't feel like finding them so its the Unity Ruleset + Jungle Japes because I feel like it.
[/Collapse]

Next part: We need setups. I can't stress this enough. In order for everyone to be able to play friendlies after the tournament, we NEED setups. I got all of the TVs secured but we need wiis, computers, xboxes, whatever you guys want to play.

Total TVs:
Tommy_G: 5.5
.....the 0.5 is a small TV that will most likely be used for friendlies before any other.
Tommy_G flatscreen: 1
It's a pretty small TV too and without component cables, it'll lag.
Xaltis: 2
Maybe more 1 more Xaltis TV
Total: 8.5

Total Wiis:
Tommy_G: 1
Xaltis: 1
Total: 2

Sleeping room:
Let's say you're amazing so you get to the venue at 7am, go crazy in the pool, smash bros. it up, and eat...and then you realize, you're really ****ing tired.
But wait, it's only 4pm!?! There's no way that can be right.

Rest assured, Tommy_G's got you covered. Pun intended.

I will have blankets and a 1 inch thick queen size memory foam pad along with blankets and pillows for your comfort. This will be placed in a room big enough to hold 3 people sleeping comfortable and a pitch black dark room. Bring a night light if pure darkness isn't your thing, but you still want to sleep.

Pool:
There is a clean pool there, so bring Swimming stuff and a towel. I do not have a towel for you if you forget one.
You cannot come inside if you are wet from being in the pool in order to protect all of the electronics.

Other Amenities:
There will be food at the venue for free after door fee is paid.
There is a huge tube(no lag) tv for top power ranking matches and Grand Finals.
There are 2 water fountains.
There are nice bathrooms. (Men and Women bathrooms)
There is a shower in the bathrooms and everyone must respect the privacy of others.
There are plenty of free parking spaces.
There are over 100 chairs and 20 tables.
A nice lake to take your sweetheart for a walk during sunset.
There is space. Maximum Occupancy of the main room is about 180 people.
McDonald's, Wendy's, and Subway is relatively close by. There's even a Cracker Barrel(insert white joke here.) I believe there's a Dunkin' Donuts around there too.
In the words of Seibrik: "Holy ****, this place would be good enough for a state wide tournament."

I will not waive entry fee for those with setups; however, when there cannot be any more tournament matches played because the next matches depend on the results of the current matches, you have ultimate priority over what game will be played on your Setup. Whether it be Smash 64, TMNT: Smash up, SF4, Rock band, Blaz blue, Guilty Gear, Melee, or even Pokemon Puzzle League
Subscribe to it so it keeps reminding you if you're interested and don't post on it.

Birthday HYPE.

Results for 11/10 Xaltis' birthday tournament:
[collapse=Doubles bracket and placings]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Singles bracket and placings]
[/collapse]

Two-Ell

Smash Master
It's a lowcost Smash`tourney that happens to also have LoL set ups. Like ZP except cheaper x3

This looks like fun. I'll try to come.

Tommy you might as well add my wii to that list since Taylor has mine xD

Oh and I gots Guilty Gear, but I'm not sure who would want to play it on a GCN controller lol
:rosalina:

MVD

Smash Master
Oh wait this is not the October one LOL I still do wanna go hopefully ppl decide to drive up

:phone:

Master Raven

Smash Master
Wait, explain. I thought we were doing this Oct 8th, or is this different from that event altogether?

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Just so people don't get confused, this is a tournament/chillfest Tommy is holding. I'M holding a tournament on October 8th for my/Mampam's birthday (which, btw, it's not gonna be like drunkfest or anything >__> )

I WILL try to make this if I don't get ***** by work :x

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I find it funny how Seibrik complained about the Brawl community dying (or people not entering at ZP) then just doesn't drive to good venue tournaments 1.5 hours from his house. I could be missing something but meh, it's w/e

I guess enough people in SFL have cars to get them a ride.

MVD

Smash Master
Ima do my best to make it tommy always a pleasure going to the clubhouse

:phone:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Its also really close to NLL (Sep 17th)
$15 for a day of food and fun($10 in gas I'd assume and $5 door) isn't all that bad if you ask me. The lower prices are to get people who don't have money to come and chill.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
$15 for a day of food and fun($10 in gas I'd assume and $5 door) isn't all that bad if you ask me. The lower prices are to get people who don't have money to come and chill.
why have that when they can use the same 15 for a full day of pot ***** singles and no mk?

ehhhhhhhhh?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Just so people don't get confused, this is a tournament/chillfest Tommy is holding. I'M holding a tournament on October 8th for my/Mampam's birthday (which, btw, it's not gonna be like drunkfest or anything >__> )

I WILL try to make this if I don't get ***** by work :x
Stop scrubbin' and make the thread

$c@R!!

Smash Rookie
if someone could help me to go o give me a ride i'll be in miami from sept8 to sept 20 i'm num 1 in power ranking on my country i want to take this one :)

$c@R!!

Smash Rookie
am.. i don't where to get with him i'm from dominican republic i had playing him an i talked to him he told me that he will start the college somebody who could help me can find me oscardaroga@hotmail.com or BBM: pin:24a72cdb

8Bitman

Smash Master
I am reserving a spot in someone's car for the biggy. Oct. 8th..... Any takers? =D

:glare:

Top Bottom