• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
You did. And much of it was mere quibbling, not arguing or rebutting. Just because you--one person!--do not want Toad in Brawl does not mean that there are more people against Toad's inclusion than those who favor his appearance. Please keep things in perspective here.

Also, the point made when I brought up that Peach was only able to float once prior to SSBM was comparable to the fact that Toad was quite strong and very fast in the same game. Her special ability, only seen once prior to Melee, was included in the game. Why would using Toad's statistics from that game, his only "real" fighting experience if we're quibbling (and it seems that you might like to do so), be any different?

The implication was clear. Refute it all you want, it's irrelevant now, much like your posting in this thread. Saying that CF's fanbase is much larger than Toad's without any justification or proof makes your "argument" a tad flimsy, wouldn't you say? And you only serve to further damage any semblance of credibility that you once had by resorting to calling Toad a "peasant". It does nothing to dispute my statement, nor does it assist your pseudo-argument.
Compare the Searches between Toad search and Caption Falcon searches.I didn't give resources because I'd expect you lazy people to look it up yourselves.
Toad is a major general resource, and is not looked up to by anyone. That's why I call it a peasant.
I forget, what exactly was the implication?
Yes, I am THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO OBJECTS TO TOAD. That's clearly a *****y arguement.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
That is a very flawed way of trying to find out who's more popular, also you pretty much owned yourself.

Toad Fanbase- 30,200 pages
Captain Falcon Fanbase- 18,300 pages

Not that that's a good way of finding out how big a fanbase a character has.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'm sure C.Falcon's is bigger but Toad is the contrivercial one so duh...
I sure hope Toad's in, I can imagine it so easily...maybe I'm just imagining that Toad's in Melee hokes a while back...that being said, I'm sure Saki saw how much attention that brought...
"Toad's in Brawl? **** Yeah!"

Toad For Brawl!!!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
That is a very flawed way of trying to find out who's more popular, also you pretty much owned yourself.

Have you checked to see how lengthy the CF ones are compared to the skimpy **** that is found? Hell, Toad can be confused with actual Toads so you'd need to be searching EVERYONE of those threads. I will back down from this now because some mental depressant kid is arguing with me. I don't want to take out any gained anger on you.

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
Have you checked to see how lengthy the CF ones are compared to the skimpy **** that is found? Hell, Toad can be confused with actual Toads so you'd need to be searching EVERYONE of those threads. I will back down from this now because some mental depressant kid is arguing with me. I don't want to take out any gained anger on you.

hey im that kid! lol
any1 who hates toad is a party pooper he ownz

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Compare the Searches between Toad search and Caption Falcon searches.I didn't give resources because I'd expect you lazy people to look it up yourselves.
Toad is a major general resource, and is not looked up to by anyone. That's why I call it a peasant.
I forget, what exactly was the implication?
Yes, I am THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO OBJECTS TO TOAD. That's clearly a *****y arguement.
The argument was not that you were the only person in the world who does not want Toad in Brawl; rather, the point was that it sounds as if your dislike for the character is concurrent with the rest of the world, as if it offered some cross-cleaving justification for your position on the matter at hand.

Pwned, but agreed. It's not a very accurate measure, but think for a minute. The Mario series has been, is, and always will be more popular than the F-Zero series. The attachment to such a legendary series gives Toad a leg up over most other video game characters just based on sheer notoriety. Mario is a substantial character in pop culture, a timeless icon of the video game world. Because Toad shares a large portion of the video game world with Mario, it would be fair to say that Toad probably has more fans simply because more people have seen him and come into virtual contact with him.

The Mario emblem is practically Toad's head. You can't get any more iconic than that.
It's even closer now that Sakurai & Friends updated the symbol. Agreed, and nice pun. :chuckle:

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Ok, how about The second of the mario games, the third, all 9 sequels of Mario Party, Castlevania Sequels, Pokemon Version Sequals, FE sequels,.... I'll stop crushing you at there.
not trying to revive the hate, but I went to sleep and missed alot.
Good work everyone!
anyways-only to maybe the 4th, 5th, or sixth mario party was good. I've never played the castlevania games. Pokemon can be seen as great sequels adding to the series or as cheap remake after remake after remake, I however, have no opinion, because I both hate and love them. Never played FE. Just because you don't care about disney, doesn't mean it's not there, And maybe nintendo is very good with sequels.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
-also off topic, but while we're here-
Who is the d*** king of the castle in castle seige! I have never played the games and have no hopes of finding his name!

-on topic-
I think toad would be a great smasher and deserves it very much after being used as a human shield against hi will (he squirms every time he is pulled out), and to the point that spores come out of him.

Toad for brawl!

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Look, the only way Toad gets a chance of being playable is if Peach's special moves get redone, but when you think about it, what real reason does Sakurai have for a change in her special moves? Certain B moves might be get a reanimation (like Link's bow/arrow), but I doubt they will remove and add in something different. Anything from SPP will most likely be Peach's FS.

P.S. Zelda is the only character that possibly could have a change in her B moves, and that's only because Shiek hasn't appeared since OoT.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Look, the only way Toad gets a chance of being playable is if Peach's special moves get redone, but when you think about it, what real reason does Sakurai have for a change in her special moves? Certain B moves might be get a reanimation (like Link's bow/arrow), but I doubt they will remove and add in something different. Anything from SPP will most likely be Peach's FS.
Wait. I was going to tell you about Peach's appearance in her own game as the actual main protagonist and playable character and all, but you already know about it. So what was that about a "real reason" to change her moveset? Sakurai seems to have been hard-pressed to actually think up any moves for her... I have no idea from what sort of wet dream the Peach Bomber was spawned.
If there's any character I can see getting a remake now, it's her.

Although I admit you do have a point. I don't recall a single character who lost b-moves in the transition from 64 to Melee.
But a character like Peach who first had almost nothing to be based on and then got an own game...
Sakurai did say that characters will be different... ( although that's about as general as it gets and says nothing about b moves ).

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
The Mario emblem is practically Toad's head. You can't get any more iconic than that.
Don't you mean Mario's cap?
Toad wouldn't be a bad idea, but at most he'd be a Support Trophy. I'll show you when Peach'
s Moveset/Final Smash comes out. Either guaranteed has toad in it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nothing is "guaranteed" until Sakurai says it is.

Toad being at most an AT is not a fact, so stop calling it so.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm thinking that one of the only reasons is that Toad is wanted in, is because he is the only character of the "Big 8" mario characters in the smash series. (Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Wario, Peach, Toad, and Yoshi FYI are the big 8)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
God its so funny reading Biggie smalls "replies" they are so god **** rubbish and pointless... that is the result of mommy drinking while she is pregnant.

Anyways im gonna stay neutral on the whole Toad argument but he should be in the top 2 new Mario characters...

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
God its so funny reading Biggie smalls "replies" they are so god **** rubbish and pointless... that is the result of mommy drinking while she is pregnant.

Anyways im gonna stay neutral on the whole Toad argument but he should be in the top 2 new Mario characters...
Ironic, Don't you think?

Dynamism

Smash Lord

P.S. Zelda is the only character that possibly could have a change in her B moves, and that's only because Shiek hasn't appeared since OoT.
The bow isn't "re-animated" what makes you think that? You mean the way CRAWLING is knew and possibly other concepts (such as shooting) can be used while ducking?

Nothing is "guaranteed" until Sakurai says it is.

Toad being at most an AT is not a fact, so stop calling it so.
thank you...

TOAD IS IN BRAWL!!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

That's not necessarily true. I could see her emotions being utilized as a Final Smash, but her extensive use of her umbrella companion, Parry, might also play into an updated moveset. Nothing is set in stone, and it's difficult to say whether or not she will throw out the parasol shown in the Subspace Emissary trailer in favor of her SPP friend. If notable changes were being made, however, Sakurai would mention them in her update, hence our strong desire for him to give us more info on the princess.

Don't you mean Mario's cap?
Toad wouldn't be a bad idea, but at most he'd be a Support Trophy. I'll show you when Peach'
s Moveset/Final Smash comes out. Either guaranteed has toad in it.
Nope. The Mario series' Smash icon is a mushroom--Toad's head, essentially.

The bow isn't "re-animated" what makes you think that? You mean the way CRAWLING is knew and possibly other concepts (such as shooting) can be used while ducking?

thank you...

TOAD IS IN BRAWL!!!
We can only hope! :grin:

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
The Mario series icon is a mushroom, but I don't think it was meant to be Toad's head, since it doesn't have a mouth line.
By re-animated, I mean Link now kneels on one knee when he does his Bow attack instead of in Melee, where he leaned to the side a bit.

TOAD IS IN BRAWL!!!
How would you know? Do you secretly work for Sakurai?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Read what stands out. That's what I'm trying to say, but when you're caught in trying to be almighty, you never see it.
Yhea... you lost me again in one of your non nonsensical replies.

Just go back and read your replies in the last few pages... im sure you will see what i mean.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
good ish to aeris, circus , and iggy for protecting toad. toad, at this point, still has a chance to be in brawl. so we can keep wishing. I think at this point the chances are greater for him being in brawl than not. we just have to wait and see...

TOAD FOR BRAWL INDEED...peace

-hiroshi

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
^^
It's basically my job--defending Toad, that is. =)

So far, there has been no evidence confirming his inclusion in Brawl, nor has there been any evidence to the contrary. Were he an AT, I would expect Sakurai to reveal him early on in the process, perhaps even first, simply because he is such a recognizable character. I don't know how Sakurai works, but I still wouldn't discount Toad's chances just yet. I hope to see him on the playable roster, and there doesn't seem to be any real reason why he couldn't be.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
^^

So far, there has been no evidence confirming his inclusion in Brawl, nor has there been any evidence to the contrary. Were he an AT, I would expect Sakurai to reveal him early on in the process, perhaps even first, simply because he is such a recognizable character. I don't know how Sakurai works, but I still wouldn't discount Toad's chances just yet. I hope to see him on the playable roster, and there doesn't seem to be any real reason why he couldn't be.
Yes, there is....

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow thank you for that long and convincing post that has totally swayed me away from the Toad argument... thank you for making me see the right choice!

Vali

Smash Ace
^^

Actually due to the nature of random updates of the Dojo, I wouldn't start expecting anything :p. Well now at least, since it was obvious that we would be getting updates on all the characters that were already confirmed like Mario, Link, etc. but yeah. Toad would be a bit of a shock character to many that underestimate his chances, so while recognisable he would serve good thrown in somewhere in the middle of the update timeline to really shake things up.

It's actually quite surprising how many people don't even give him a chance. Like you said that's actually no reason why he couldn't be in, and I've yet to see a reason why he shouldn't be in. People also don't like to think that Bowser Jr. and Toad are the most likely candidates for a new Mario entry as well, even though they obviously are ^^.

Edit: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1FNk4iczWeI You just gotta dig that theme song.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't think Toad will be in due to being Peach's B.
We don't even know if Peach's B is the same thing as it was in Melee or not, yet. So until we know her B move that argument means nothing.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think the reason sakurai is holding off confirming her is that he changed her moveset somehow. this could mean toad is no longer b, which is what seems likely

Top Bottom