• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To Those Who Favor Brawl, Let's Finally Admit It...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno96

Smash Rookie
I was merely trying to point out that he is, as I said, a "good source" of information--something which many people seem to be refuting for...well...uh... some reason that I must be too stupid to understand.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Yes, but he wouldn't be the end-all-be-all of sources of advice, would he? What people mostly have a problem with is when people quote guys like M2K as if it was gospel. M2K, incredibly enough, can be wrong about things; he is human, after all.
But when weighing his opinion vs say... yours. His obviously holds much much much more weight.

A debate between him and lets say Needle of Junta ,who is a pro-level melee player who actually likes brawl better, would be a debate that isn't so one sided. M2K's opinion compared to the pro brawlers' opinions in this thread = more credible. Therefore as far as credability goes, people can look to his opinion as closer to fact than the opposing ones in this thread.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Right. Most people agree with you that he is a good source of info, but end up disagreeing over the course of a conversation because of the reasons above. And even though M2K's arguments hold more weight than, say, mine, that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be fact-checked, for instance. Problems arise when people view that cautious skepticism and confuse it with arrogance.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
My point being, offer some sort of counter-weight. If you dont have any... how can you expect to debate. Credability is how this debate must be approached in order for it to have any structure and order. If not, its just going to once again be a bunch of random players posting their opinions.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Stop degrading people... hold to your standard. I don't want to see any double standards round these parts... flaming people for venting. Remember BE POlITeZ oMg.
Jack wasn't flaming. It could be viewed as trolling or baiting to very small degrees, but not flaming.

Corey's post, however, was a flame, regardless if he was venting or not. /backseat modding]

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
...but along those same lines, you can't expect everyone to have to be even close to M2K-status to be able to put out their opinions. That would be unreasonable, and would defeat the purpose of an open message board. I agree that you shouldn't post what you think without having some way to check what you're saying, but I don't think everyone wanting to debate needs, for instance, a minimum number of tournament wins or something. After all, that denies people who know the game in theory, but aren't dexterous enough to win in tournaments, or who don't have access to tournaments, etc.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Woah, woah... you can have sources without being the most credible person in your field. Who says that only the most socially credible people can use sources? That's ridiculous. I am just as capable of citing a source as any high-level tournament winner, even though I'm not dexterous enough to win a tournament. I don't know how you came up with what you just said, but it's straight-up false.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Woah, woah... you can have sources without being the most credible person in your field. Who says that only the most socially credible people can use sources? That's ridiculous. I am just as capable of citing a source as any high-level tournament winner, even though I'm not dexterous enough to win a tournament. I don't know how you came up with what you just said, but it's straight-up false.
The point being, that everyone now has the same level of credibility. Thats fine... let things remain how they are. The pros will remain in the background like before. GGs play the brawl.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
If someone has good sources, solid thought processes, and intelligent ideas, then it shouldn't matter who he/she is. Simple as that. You are credible if you make yourself credible, not because you are a certain person. I don't see why that is bad.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
look.... melee players....brawl players....

Lets settle this over one, 3 stock match of super smash brothers brawl....

ooooh!!

This is a joke, I hope you can all see the funny side of this :)

Inferno96

Smash Rookie
They need to have a trilogy pack, SSB64, SSBM and SSBB, with updated graphics and all with online capability. They would each be their own seperate games but on the same disk. I don't even care if they add more characters/stages/features to SSB64 or SSBM . That would be awesome >_>

I would play SSB64 with Ness all day long.

rhan

Smash Hero
Inferno96 said:
They need to have a trilogy pack, SSB64, SSBM and SSBB, with updated graphics and all with online capability. They would each be their own seperate games but on the same disk. I don't even care if they add more characters/stages/features to SSB64 or SSBM . That would be awesome >_>

I would only aprove this if they leave every game the way it was made. [No adding new characters. No new stages . No new AT's. No removing AT's] Only new feature I would want to add is the wifi compatibility to 64. I don't even think Melee should have an online feature. I think it's perfect the way it is.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion

I would only approve this if they remove brawl and add streets of rage 3

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I hate all you *** holes. You say, "Well, if there are no tournaments, hold your own." And I do. I even make sure to plan it out and everything. However, no one came that said they would.
way to bash, and I don't mean to get on your bad side, but I don't think it's easy for just anyone to just hold their own Melee tourney, it's not as easy as it being said. but yea in a sense I do agree that only way to have a Melee based tourney is to just host your own

L__

Smash Master

NO. JUST STOP. IT WOULD NOT BE AWESOME.

Have you even considered the lag for the average household? God freakin' jeebus. Have fun playing Brawl Wi-fi with a game as frame intensive as Melee. Yeah, someone who lags 200ms will never be able to keep up with the pace. Someone with 60ms of lag will be playing on a "Laggy HD TV." Can you imagine the average consumer having 0ms of lag? Tell, me; what were you thinking when you thought of online for Melee?

rhan

Smash Hero
ChromePirate said:
Heres a thought.

Melee and brawl played at every smash tourney. Yay.
All the tourneys here that have been going on here hosted both games. Only one problem with that. Melee gets ignored. No one enters the Melee tourney 'cept for a few others. So the pot isn't big. Most you win if you get first is about 60 bucks. Unlike Brawl. If you wanted people to come and just play for Melee. It has to be an Melee
only
tourney.

But I digress.

L said:
Have you even considered the lag for the average household? God freakin' jeebus. Have fun playing Brawl Wi-fi with a game as frame intensive as Melee. Yeah, someone who lags 200ms will never be able to keep up with the pace. Someone with 60ms of lag will be playing on a "Laggy HD TV." Can you imagine the average consumer having 0ms of lag? Tell, me; what were you thinking when you thought of online for Melee?
The lag would be a nuisance. If Melee had an online feature the lag would completle ruin it from even being as fast as it is. No one would be able to pull off the amazing combos because some of them take swift finger movements.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Well...I wouldn't say that we necessarily "sucked" in Melee, for we could hold our own more often than not. However, lets not kid ourselves. We'd get our trash OWNED by MLG'ers if we faced them.

Also, I liked Brawl the minute it came out because it was fresh sigh of relief that this game will make new legend players aside from the already famous people we have like Mew 2 King. I wanna be famous too dang it for owning in a high stakes tournament! *shakes fist*
No, you deffinatly did.

Thats a horrible reason for liking brawl, because M2K and every melee player still owns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom