• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To clear things up

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Prof will give you a lesson and teach you why the USA are called the "land of the free".
If I earned a nickel for every time some n**** said this, I'd be bigger than Mr. Gates.

You know I be on that Rolex watch, cause we be rollin' some sets, rollin' them eyes, and rollin' some heads.
Better tournament results? Man...

Tryin' to say America is the land of collusion....
That ain't Marvel, but this **** needs to go down.

Apex 2015, homies?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Ironically, Rolex' point will still stand whether he wins or loses the ditto. Tournament placings >>>

So surely, greater weight she be accorded to how far they get in the bracket at whatever future tourney they both attend.
you do realize that argument is just as bad as not regarding armadas tournament results b4 genesis 1 right?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I am the gatekeeper, England
If you can't beat me you don't get to play Rolex
Are you the keymaster???
$5 to try
I'll take that MM. I'll be coming with Prof to whatever American Tournament we decide to go to. Hopefully it will be sometime this year.

Pay attention to what Mike SWAGGAR is saying!!!

Seriously some of you punkbitches need to come to B.E.A.S.T 4 in Sweden or Smash Ain't Dead 3 in England.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I think so many of you guys are overestimating Rolex and underestimating Prof. First of all, fair enough that he got as far as he did with Apex, but just from looking at his game, it's nowhere near as developed as Profs. Prof has a ridiculously broken game that will kill you with a C4 stick before you've even what's happened. He's learned combos with snake that utilise, his grab, aerials, explosions ans C4 that will kill you at such low % you will think it's broken and believe me- it is. Rolex was barely using the C4, and getting way too many hits from people not knowing how to play Snake and just walking into the C4 or approaching when Snake's sheilding with a grenade. You can argue all you want but the proof is in the vdeos of people making these stupid mistakes.

Also- going even with Armada even if it is in friendlies is NOT something to be taken lightly. The guy's just won APEX, is absolutely insane with Pit and hasn't even lost a competitive set at the game. If he, someone who is so proficient at the game struggles against Prof can you imagine how Rolex will do?

And another thing!- Prof does have results- I don't think Prof has lost a tournament in Project M in the UK since it's been out. I know a lot of you will be trying to belittle that but just because the UK is a small country, doesn't mean it doesn't have good PM players. In fact, we've been putting far more work into the game than a lot of people think with Jolteon's twitch channel as an example of how many people recognise the UK's skill at the game.

Basically, Prof is the better Snake player by far.

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
you do realize that argument is just as bad as not regarding armadas tournament results b4 genesis 1 right?
you do realize that this money match has nothing to do with genesis and that genesis =/= anything relevant here so your point is completely irrelevant lol...

I think so many of you guys are overestimating Rolex and underestimating Prof. First of all, fair enough that he got as far as he did with Apex, but just from looking at his game, it's nowhere near as developed as Profs. Prof has a ridiculously broken game that will kill you with a C4 stick before you've even what's happened. He's learned combos with snake that utilise, his grab, aerials, explosions ans C4 that will kill you at such low % you will think it's broken and believe me- it is. Rolex was barely using the C4, and getting way too many hits from people not knowing how to play Snake and just walking into the C4 or approaching when Snake's sheilding with a grenade. You can argue all you want but the proof is in the vdeos of people making these stupid mistakes.

Also- going even with Armada even if it is in friendlies is NOT something to be taken lightly. The guy's just won APEX, is absolutely insane with Pit and hasn't even lost a competitive set at the game. If he, someone who is so proficient at the game struggles against Prof can you imagine how Rolex will do?

And another thing!- Prof does have results- I don't think Prof has lost a tournament in Project M in the UK since it's been out. I know a lot of you will be trying to belittle that but just because the UK is a small country, doesn't mean it doesn't have good PM players. In fact, we've been putting far more work into the game than a lot of people think with Jolteon's twitch channel as an example of how many people recognise the UK's skill at the game.

im assuming ur blind cuz 3 out of 4 kills by rolex every game were either a c4 or a spike with the remaining one being up or back air....

edit: let me get one of those L's on a tshirt professor pro ill wear it pridefully as europe donates to the bank of eli prior to this money match. also armada saying your better is fine and all but he never played rolex so is judgment is just based off that one tourny but according to your logic i can say a random ganon player 4 stocked armada with his eyes closed, playing with his big toe all while m2ks hair grows back and no one can argue it.

Last edited:

Armada

Smash Lord
I said I think Prof is better!
I can't be sure since I never played Rolex and it also was a long time since me and Prof played friendlis.

I just hope they play soon so they can end this silly discussion =D
But I do have respect for both players for sure.

The Father

Smash Rookie
Rolex the Rookie up against the Pro Professor? Rowdy Rolex vs Professor Poop? We need a good title for this legendary match. I prefer the first one - Prof's the best. Im expecting a box gimp and a cigarette gimp from him. I think taunt gimps should get the user $100 each, from the victim of course. Every stock could end with a taunt gimp and this could end up being a $4000 MM.

BentoBox

Smash Master
What?

Armada still had to prove himself to sway opinions (as in, actually traveling to tournaments and PLACING) and didn't have to beat another Peach in a ditto to prove his supremacy. Words don't mean jack. Prove it. Then and only then will people happily concede.

What will have been proven if PP beats Rolex? Tell me.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
you do realize that this money match has nothing to do with genesis and that genesis =/= anything relevant here so your point is completely irrelevant lol...

im assuming ur blind cuz 3 out of 4 kills by rolex every game were either a c4 or a spike with the remaining one being up or back air....

edit: let me get one of those L's on a tshirt professor pro ill wear it pridefully as europe donates to the bank of eli prior to this money match. also armada saying your better is fine and all but he never played rolex so is judgment is just based off that one tourny but according to your logic i can say a random ganon player 4 stocked armada with his eyes closed, playing with his big toe all while m2ks hair grows back and no one can argue it.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

lol, it's like you didn't even watch Rolex's matches. He kills almost exclusively with C4, with the occasional fair spike. I've even seen him detonate C4 on a grounded opponent while he was above them, and the C4 explosion launched them into him as he uaired them and killed them. This was not some happy coincidence, because it happened multiple times at Apex alone. Rolex has game, I assure you. It remains to be seen whether prof pro's game is better, but he certainly hasn't proven it.

I also find it hilarious that Rolex is somehow the rookie with something to prove, in all of this? The whole point being made in this thread is that Rolex is the only one who has actually proven anything, which is true. Rolex is not the less experienced player, Pro is.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I've even seen him detonate C4 on a grounded opponent while he was above them, and the C4 explosion launched them into him as he uaired them and killed them. This was not some happy coincidence, because it happened multiple times at Apex alone.
This is a basic Snake technique. It's super intuitive and I'm pretty sure I did it on my first day playing the character.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
More situational, at least. No technical or movement skill required, and it's safe. It's definitely a good technique and something a Snake should look out for...but nothing to lose your mind over.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
The detonation to up air is pretty impressive i have to admit. But it could have easily been avoided by opponents by simple di. I really dont know why people like m2k would fall for a simple trick like that, especially when it could be avoided so easily. The detonation could also be sheilded or dodged, so again it relies more on the opponent's mess ups.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
it's not more intuitive than sticking the c4 on them, launching them up, and detonating it. It's significantly harder than that
LOL It's not new or hard. I and others have done it multiple times before, including C4 explosion, to launching them in the air, to another C4 stick to kill them which is actually the hardest one but both are unreliable since it's dependant on where the opponent DI's.

It's also incredibly easy to avoid it happening to you in the first place, it's this thing called........shield........
Only inexperienced people against Snake's shenanigans run around reckless while Snake is high in the air and allow themselves to be blown up knowing they have a C4 stuck on them, you can literally react to the noise or animation every time to avoid it.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
What?

Armada still had to prove himself to sway opinions (as in, actually traveling to tournaments and PLACING) and didn't have to beat another Peach in a ditto to prove his supremacy. Words don't mean jack. Prove it. Then and only then will people happily concede.

What will have been proven if PP beats Rolex? Tell me.
wow you sure as hell are a dumb ****
you didn't even understand my argument
Basically you haven't beaten the gatekeeper yet. Basically. By far.
beat our gatekeeper. im up for that spot, im not amazing at project m or melee but i'd **** 4/5ths of flopmericans who think theyre good at this game

rolex, better stop being a ***** and come to beast. flopmericas collective, entitled, narcissistic patriotism will probably still somehow make you think we're obligated to travel to you. but guess what: flopmerica isnt the center of the universe, and by your own logic you idiots have used over the years YOU guys are obligated to come to us.

Last edited:

Matty89

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hydra89
More situational, at least. No technical or movement skill required, and it's safe. It's definitely a good technique and something a Snake should look out for...but nothing to lose your mind over.
You'll have to excuse most of us over here that haven't watched pro play snake, as you clearly saw at apex everyone losing their minds when c4 was applied such as the announcers “OMG WHEN DID HE STICK HIM?!?" *yawn*

Nguz95

Smash Lord
rolex, better stop being a ***** and come to beast. flopmericas collective, entitled, narcissistic patriotism will probably still somehow make you think we're obligated to travel to you. but guess what: flopmerica isnt the center of the universe, and by your own logic you idiots have used over the years YOU guys are obligated to come to us.
Yes! Somebody finally mentioned history. Now I can say this. Ahem... Let us know when you actually have a GDP, okay? Our country makes almost the same amount of money as your entire continent.

There. I said it... That felt good...

America!

Edit: lol at the patriotism thing. Most countries do it, in fact, I believe Nationalism was one of the main causes of WWI. Nobody is free to criticize other people because most are at least a little patriotic.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Our country makes almost the same amount of money as your entire continent.
http://www.mytripolog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/large-big-size-world-political-map.jpg
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/sweden/gdp-growth
"OH BOOHOOHOO PLZ LET US FORGET ABOUT OUR HUBRIS PLEAAASE ;("
i wont have to when you keep repeating history, i can just bring up the latest
see my point?

anyway, if rolex is so good, how about he takes that prizemoney and travels to smash aint dead or beast? remember, we have the invisible crown, you are required to come to us. until then, profs undoubtedly the best, and rolex probably shouldn't even be considered a top snake
The one who is desperate for the little respect and fame that comes with the title of best snake is not I but Professor Pro.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
"profs result dont exist because i dont know about them so therefore im better"

man this is so good. i dont know about you guys, but im getting NOSTALGIC.
Can this be a first to 10 like they do in hype Marvel sets?
Sidebets?!? I got 100 on the watch guy.
youre on, fatboy.

Last edited:

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
Rolex the Rookie up against the Pro Professor? Rowdy Rolex vs Professor Poop? We need a good title for this legendary match. I prefer the first one - Prof's the best. Im expecting a box gimp and a cigarette gimp from him. I think taunt gimps should get the user $100 each, from the victim of course. Every stock could end with a taunt gimp and this could end up being a $4000 MM.
How about................. The Collector Director vs. The Destruction Instructor

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Worrrrrd I didn't achieve my title, I just claimed it without proving it!
SOUND FAMILIAR!?!?!?!?
$50

Britain where you at?? Or do you need Professor Pro to fight all your battles for you?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Worrrrrd I didn't achieve my title, I just claimed it without proving it!
SOUND FAMILIAR!?!?!?!?
$50

Britain where you at?? Or do you need Professor Pro to fight all your battles for you?
LOL Good comeback, but not the same situation, you're not the decider of who gets to play who, if anything it should be @Strong Bad the superior DK, or any other superior for what character you play.

And deal on the $50.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Nah I'm the decider
I decided that I'm the decider
I beat some people who didn't make it out of pools in several friendlies! I think that gives me the right to claim what I want, professor

Failure to start rivalry between Strong Bad and I, though. ;)

Last edited:

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
http://www.mytripolog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/large-big-size-world-political-map.jpg
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/sweden/gdp-growth
"OH BOOHOOHOO PLZ LET US FORGET ABOUT OUR HUBRIS PLEAAASE ;("
i wont have to when you keep repeating history, i can just bring up the latest
see my point?

anyway, if rolex is so good, how about he takes that prizemoney and travels to smash aint dead or beast? remember, we have the invisible crown, you are required to come to us. until then, profs undoubtedly the best, and rolex probably shouldn't even be considered a top snake
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
"profs result dont exist because i dont know about them so therefore im better"

man this is so good. i dont know about you guys, but im getting NOSTALGIC.
youre on, fatboy.
The amount if ignorance and hypocrisy in one post is almost unbearable....

"Prof pro is better because him and I say so without any results or proof to back it up"

Man this is so good. I don't know about you guys but I'm getting a hunch that there's a man sitting behind smash boards with more posts than tourney wins who mocks his opponent for not traveling yet fails to travel himself. If pros so good why doesn't he travel to the US where there's actual competition with all that tourney money he's won?......oh wait

RolexPachinko

Smash Rookie
wow reading all of mike haggar's comments definitely lowered my iq. The lack of logic throughout was amazing, especially since almost every insult he threw at me could be applied towards Prof Pro with the one difference of it actually making sense. Myself and many others in this thread such as Bentobox and Privatejoker-Brown have pointed out that the only one claiming the title of "best snake" without any results to stand on is Prof. Every person arguing for Prof is pretty much saying "Prof is so much better because......." and nothing is said.

Prof Pro is also nothing like Armada so i dont see where the comparison is coming from. Armada didnt prove he was the best by having a money match, he proved he was the best by actually entering large tournaments where the best from around the world would be and performing well. The fact that such tournaments are located in the U.S. is just something you will have to stop crying over. (most directed at mike haggar and others) If you want to be considered the best then win something.

There is no "invisible crown" i must claim in order to be the best and if there was Prof Pro would surely not be in possession of it, unless like Mike Haggar's extra chromosome Prof was born with it because like i and many others have said he has done nothing to earn it.

@ ELI-mination ELI-mination and finally the reason no one from Europe, let alone Britain is responding to your callout is because the vast majority are worse at this game than the state of their teeth. How else could someone like Jolteon actually be considered good there when he couldnt even make it out of pools in an American tournament. Also explains why so many are so eager to force Prof to the back of their throats because god knows they have no chance of ever winning anything ever.(not that Prof has helped them in that regard to date either.)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
@ RolexPachinko RolexPachinko MM? If I lose you get $20, if I win you don't have to give me anything, you just have to change your Smashboards avatar to the Union Jack for a year.

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
As the gatekeeper for Eli the gatekeeper, 100$ MM prof? Also, 100 on Eli in his match vs prof. That's the easiest money I'll ever make.

Codi

Smash Ace
I came here too **** talk but after reading some of this thread I don't think it is needed lmfaoooo. Some of these posts are ridiculously dumb, though the failed **** talk between most of the people is hilarious. Rolex is going to win this trust me.

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
We should hold a side event where we just have money matches. A crew battle may be interesting if we can make it happen.

Top Bottom