• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To clear things up

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Size
Europe: 3.931 million square miles (10.18 million km)
US: 3.794 million square miles (9.827 million square km)
Population
739.2 million
313.9 million

Lol the earth is a sphere you know. If you flatten it out you distort the shape and size of most countries.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/sweden/gdp-growth
I was talking about Europe, but if you want to play this game, then we can.

Sweden GDP Growth Rate (%): 0.1
Unites States GDP Growth Rate (%): 4.1

So, to sum it up, The United States is smaller than Europe, has less than half as many people, yet has a comparable GDP to Europe. Also, our GDP has grown at a rate 41 times faster than Sweden's, which is interesting, but not really relevant.

BentoBox

Smash Master
wow you sure as hell are a dumb ****
you didn't even understand my argument
beat our gatekeeper. im up for that spot, im not amazing at project m or melee but i'd **** 4/5ths of flopmericans who think theyre good at this game

rolex, better stop being a ***** and come to beast. flopmericas collective, entitled, narcissistic patriotism will probably still somehow make you think we're obligated to travel to you. but guess what: flopmerica isnt the center of the universe, and by your own logic you idiots have used over the years YOU guys are obligated to come to us.
Are you PP's cheerleader or something? lol

Infil

Smash Journeyman
"Flopmerica" is probably the weakest insult I've ever seen used in an attempt to be legitimately insulting, it's actually cringe-worthy

otherwise, this thread was a great read

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Prof Pro is also nothing like Armada so i dont see where the comparison is coming from. Armada didnt prove he was the best by having a money match, he proved he was the best by actually entering large tournaments where the best from around the world would be and performing well. The fact that such tournaments are located in the U.S. is just something you will have to stop crying over. (most directed at mike haggar and others) If you want to be considered the best then win something.
you where the ones that arbitrarily decided that the US ones are the only ones that matter
There is no "invisible crown" i must claim in order to be the best and if there was Prof Pro would surely not be in possession of it, unless like Mike Haggar's extra chromosome Prof was born with it because like i and many others have said he has done nothing to earn it.
the invisible crown rules apply the same way they did when ken won in japan in the dinosaur age.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
What even happened in here.

my fellow Brits are single-handedly going to fix the European economy that the Greek government tried so hard to destroy

U+5384

Smash Rookie
What many people may not know or understand is that i didnt make this thread just because i performed well at apex and wanted respect. I most likely would have continued never using smashboards.
Now, why is that? Isn't it in your interest as "the best Snake" to help develop the metagame? Or are you the type to keep trade secrets just so you can win easier?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
The amount if ignorance and hypocrisy in one post is almost unbearable....

"Prof pro is better because him and I say so without any results or proof to back it up"

Man this is so good. I don't know about you guys but I'm getting a hunch that there's a man sitting behind smash boards with more posts than tourney wins who mocks his opponent for not traveling yet fails to travel himself. If pros so good why doesn't he travel to the US where there's actual competition with all that tourney money he's won?......oh wait
Get you're calendar out and count the days down. You'll see us eventually

@ ELI-mination ELI-mination and finally the reason no one from Europe, let alone Britain is responding to your callout is because the vast majority are worse at this game than the state of their teeth. How else could someone like Jolteon actually be considered good there when he couldnt even make it out of pools in an American tournament. Also explains why so many are so eager to force Prof to the back of their throats because god knows they have no chance of ever winning anything ever.(not that Prof has helped them in that regard to date either.)
I responded to the call out posts ago. You're acting like we can fly there at the drop of a hat. Why don't YOU MM ME? Stop crying about Europe not respecting you... I said You're ok... But now I'm gonna flat out say you ain't sh..... You know the rest.

SHIP

Smash Apprentice
Man, looking like WWII in here, and we all know who won that for everybody. :smirk:

:smash:

Why is this a thing? This is as bad as people saying that Mango was better than Armada back in 2012 and 2013 after Armada had gone for years without losing.....to anyone.
Hopefully it won't be like WWII otherwise nothing will get resolved until someone flies to america and kicks Rolex in the teeth.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Rolex, if you lose this, you're going to look SO bad.

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
Now, why is that? Isn't it in your interest as "the best Snake" to help develop the metagame? Or are you the type to keep trade secrets just so you can win easier?
Rolex doesn't mind helping people get better, although majority of the time he is a **** while he's dong it. He simply despises smash boards overall for there being numerous posts by immature children revolving around banter about who they think is better. To be fair, there are good arguments in this thread from the UK. Just pointing out he didnt want to get sucked into arguments.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Rolex doesn't mind helping people get better, although majority of the time he is a **** while he's dong it. He simply despises smash boards overall for there being numerous posts by immature children revolving around banter about who they think is better. To be fair, there are good arguments in this thread from the UK. Just pointing out he didnt want to get sucked into arguments.

It's all banter. If anyone can't take it, get off the Internet. Rolex loves smashboards it's his home.

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
Rolex is not a complete **** when trying to help others but he's very spiteful in the fact that he will play your Main character against you and beat you with your own character which he never plays which makes u feel like crap. There is no good argument or basis of an argument from the uk other than pros better because I said so, he said so, she said so, I beat armada in a friendly once, etc. Rolex atleast has results to back up his claim. If Rolex loses nothing will change other then this thread being locked and that he's not the best. The pressure is on professor pro since he's the one that's been constantly saying how he's so much better and how he's the "best"snake for awhile throughout the threads in these forums as he was the one he made the initial call out. If pro loses it just looks worse since a player who has not even a year of experience beats someone with years of melee experience plus the co creator of snake.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Rolex is not a complete **** when trying to help others but he's very spiteful in the fact that he will play your Main character against you and beat you with your own character which he never plays which makes u feel like crap. There is no good argument or basis of an argument from the uk other than pros better because I said so, he said so, she said so, I beat armada in a friendly once, etc. Rolex atleast has results to back up his claim. If Rolex loses nothing will change other then this thread being locked and that he's not the best. The pressure is on professor pro since he's the one that's been constantly saying how he's so much better and how he's the "best"snake for awhile throughout the threads in these forums as he was the one he made the initial call out. If pro loses it just looks worse since a player who has not even a year of experience beats someone with years of melee experience plus the co creator of snake.
2 things:
1. If someone beats you with your own character and they DON'T use that character in any way, you should feel like crap, it means you suck.
2. I'm fairly sure Prof isn't the 'co-creator' of snake. just one of the backroom.

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
I know I'm bad still got a lot to learn :D def thought he helped design snake my fault

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
There is no good argument or basis of an argument from the uk other than pros better because I said so, he said so, she said so, I beat armada in a friendly once, etc.
Professor Pro is better because he doesn't really lose, clearly has better movement than Rolex, clearly has a better combo game, makes better use of Snake's advanced techniques (dacus, footstool, wavebounce, etc.), and has a better understanding of Smash in general.

I'm not sure if you know this, but very few people playing PM right now can really compete with M2K and Armada (Reflex and Peepee are up there). They were the CLEAR 1 and 2 at Apex, and if Prof was able to go pretty even with Armada in friendlies, that says more than you're giving it credit for.

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
Professor Pro is better because he doesn't really lose, clearly has better movement than Rolex, clearly has a better combo game, makes better use of Snake's advanced techniques (dacus, footstool, wavebounce, etc.), and has a better understanding of Smash in general.

I'm not sure if you know this, but very few people playing PM right now can really compete with M2K and Armada (Reflex and Peepee are up there). They were the CLEAR 1 and 2 at Apex, and if Prof was able to go pretty even with Armada in friendlies, that says more than you're giving it credit for.
The problem with this argument is that Rolex doesn't really lose either. It's really only M2K that knocks him out of anything. To say going even with Armada doesn't exactly mean you can go even with M2K. If you can then that's amazing, but it's really easy to say that going even with Armada means you can go even with M2K. That's just Inui logic.

NiPPs

Smash Cadet

I'm not sure you know this but You can't "clearly" say any of that without versing him. For argument sake lets say he does do those things better but Rolex wins..does it really matter if he can do those things better? All that matters is who gets the W at the end of the day, not who puts in a cute input or two..

friendlies don't mean anything no matter who you're facing. Results are the ultimate deciding factor other than actually playing eachother. For all we know rolex could have played armada and won since the pit match up is easier then the fox matchup for snake. Odds are obviously in armadas favor though. I could be like you guys and just say Rolex would beat armada because i say so but I choose logic over ignorance.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
This arguement is going in loops. Profesdor Pro went even with Armada in friendlies, and has won all the UK tournaments, even though the UK scene isnt huge and not as many skilled players are present. Rolex placed well at Apex, but has never faced Armada.
There really is no point from which we can compare the two, as professor pro and rolex havent faced the same opponents, which is truly what rankings is based on. So we should actually have Rolex and Prof play eachother, but also play Armada and M2K in a money match of some sort. Only then can we find the true "Best Snake".

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure you know this but You can't "clearly" say any of that without versing him.

For argument sake lets say he does do those things better but Rolex wins..does it really matter if he can do those things better? All that matters is who gets the W at the end of the day, not who puts in a cute input or two..
You don't need to play someone when the difference you can observe in decisions and executions is that obvious. Armada seems pretty certain that Prof is better despite never playing Rolex.

Movement, combos, and having a deep understanding of the game are not simply "cute inputs"...it's about getting the most out of your character. That amounts to much more than just aesthetics.

SHIP

Smash Apprentice
This arguement is going in loops. Profesdor Pro went even with Armada in friendlies, and has won all the UK tournaments, even though the UK scene isnt huge and not as many skilled players are present. Rolex placed well at Apex, but has never faced Armada.
There really is no point from which we can compare the two, as professor pro and rolex havent faced the same opponents, which is truly what rankings is based on. So we should actually have Rolex and Prof play eachother, but also play Armada and M2K in a money match of some sort. Only then can we find the true "Best Snake".
You are making far too much sense for a salty money match argument thread.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
is the Snake ditto even cool?
The Snake ditto is one of the most cerebral matchups in all of PM. In theory you could have 8 or more explosives in different locations on the stage (or on the characters) in addition to the two Snakes, though 2-6 is more reasonable. Between the constant battle for stage control, the need for situational awareness, and Snake's deadly punish game, it can be an incredibly tense matchup.

Miko

Smash Cadet
If someone beats you with your own character and they DON'T use that character in any way, you should feel like crap, it means you suck.
By this logic you and every other player that can't go against the world's top players should always feel like crap and all suck because they could be beaten in a ditto by incredible players because using your character would not be prerequisite to them winning. Slightly off topic I know but especially for melee M2K alone could destroy 90% of players in dittos with every character in the roster. Brawl I know far less about but that is some horrid, horrid logic there GP

Nguz95

Smash Lord
is the Snake ditto even cool?
I said this during the era of the nitika, "Snake dittos are like watching two dogs try to not step in each other's poop."
I still stand by that to an extent, but I'd say it's a little more interesting than that.
"Professor Pro doesn't have results" is so stupid it's sigworthy.
Come on Mike, you've said ignorant things before. We've all said ignorant things before. Please don't be so mean.

Last edited:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Rolex is not a complete **** when trying to help others but he's very spiteful in the fact that he will play your Main character against you and beat you with your own character which he never plays which makes u feel like crap.
No doesn't make Him spiteful, it makes you bad at the game. Quit Smash!

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
You don't need to play someone when the difference you can observe in decisions and executions is that obvious. Armada seems pretty certain that Prof is better despite never playing Rolex.

Movement, combos, and having a deep understanding of the game are not simply "cute inputs"...it's about getting the most out of your character. That amounts to much more than just aesthetics.
being able to do those doesnt make you the better player, it makes you the flashier player if u are able to fully utilize them in a match. they arent necessary to be good at this game but can help in few situations. like i said all that matters is who gets the win.

@ Alpha Dash Alpha Dash you live in the region of no1 good at smash besides 3 players lol.... if you came to the U.S. ud get embarrassed by 9/10 smashers here...no wonder why you guys never come to play where the real players are...

@ MikeHaggarTHAKJB MikeHaggarTHAKJB you are the most ignorant and pathetic person i have ever spoken to in my life...theres a reason why no1 but a select few respect or listen to a thing you say. Stay free my friend

That professor pro video is damn hilarious, not gonna lie

Top Bottom