• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TIMS3:: Springfield, IL -- Oct. 17th

Tomacawk

Smash Master
kurt you really fail at hyping a tourny!
taking all melee cash battles!!!!!!
I'm getting top 3 at this =D singles and doubles
maybe not doubles...me and george suck...
we got it tho
I think I'm not going to wear contacts to this tourny so I can give that a try, I always end up having my eyes ****ed up by the end of the pools (johns)
but then I'll look like a nerd
choices, choices..

kourck

Smash Cadet
Jean-Luc says he's gonna teleport into top 3, eh.. I mean this man is the Captain of the Galaxy-Class Federation Starship Enterprise, and he has been training his Fox (or falcon? i hope not marth.) in the Holodeck with lt. cmdr. Data. or so I hear.

edit: depending on who you ask Jean-Luc "Tomacawk" Luke may also have been captain of the Sovereign-class NCC-1701-E.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
The only thing worse than that murderous drug Advil is not coming to this tournament, cause I'm going to make one (1) deer steak for each person that comes, and then I'm going to give it to you, with tongs and a small paper plate. You will have to eat it with your hands, though. It's also important to wash your hands afterward to keep your controller **** and span, and to do your part in diminishing the prevalence of communicable diseases. My dad always said, wash your hands or I'll kick your ***!! One time he put on a pair of brass knuckles and they could barely fit over his gorilla hands, so I reckon I was pretty scared.
god, so much murder

chewyy

Smash Ace
Drugs are bad, especially caffeine and acetaminophen. Advil kills!!!

The only thing worse than that murderous drug Advil is not coming to this tournament, cause I'm going to make one (1) deer steak for each person that comes, and then I'm going to give it to you, with tongs and a small paper plate. You will have to eat it with your hands, though. It's also important to wash your hands afterward to keep your controller **** and span, and to do your part in diminishing the prevalence of communicable diseases. My dad always said, wash your hands or I'll kick your ***!! One time he put on a pair of brass knuckles and they could barely fit over his gorilla hands, so I reckon I was pretty scared.
That decides it. The side tournament will be an eating contest.

lol
we will need power strips by the way, BRING THEM WITH SETUPS!!!
I'm 99% sure I'll be making this. I can bring like 5 power strips. (3 for sure, I don't really feel like counting right now)
edit: I can also bring extension cords and whatnot. (The stuff I brought for WAIT) Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain that I will not be able to bring a TV, I can bring a Wii though. So if anyone can, bring an extra TV, or a TV alone. I'll bring 1 (maybe 2?) tiny back-of-a-car-headrest screen things for friendlies if there are extra wiis/gamecubes. They're better than nothing :-/

Tomacawk

Smash Master
chucktown is 2.5 hours away, I don't consider that close, but that sucks you can't make it vboy.
Sveet, accepted. 5$ falcon v marf
Anybody else?
I wanna cash battle purdue
Anybody want to do an iron man?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
chucktown is 2.5 hours away, I don't consider that close, but that sucks you can't make it vboy.
Sveet, accepted. 5$ falcon v marf
Anybody else?
I wanna cash battle purdue
Anybody want to do an iron man?
$10 Falcon ditto, you game?

I'll do iron man also

darkatma

Smash Hero
how far is springfield from st louis, and who would play melee :p (edit : seems to be about 2 hours, that's not bad)
me and geno have been dying to practice some teams in tourney, since the rest of st louis doesn't let us team together during friendlies

@ tomacawk
i'd do a 5$ 5 character iron man MM, neutrals only, counterpicking allowed

I'll do iron man MMs with anyone else too from 1-5$

oh yeah
sup oranos

viperboy:
i wanted to play you =[

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
how far is springfield from st louis, and who would play melee :p (edit : seems to be about 2 hours, that's not bad)
me and geno have been dying to practice some teams in tourney, since the rest of st louis doesn't let us team together during friendlies
1.) It's like 1.5-2.1(?) hours away, depending on where you are (and maybe traffic?) You just get onto I-55 and then go north until you find civilization and get near a merge with I-72.
... wtf when did you edit that in

2.) Plenty of people will be down to play melee.

3.) We won't prevent you guys from playing on the same team lol, but I can't blame StL for a smart tactical maneuver.

sup atma (you edit like a ninja lol)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
if i dont work/can get off work ill come to this. might be able to bring with one with me as well

edit

can bring recording setup
and can probably get 1 full setup if not 1.5

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Reneblade, bring Evansville's top 5 to this ****. Then we can have like an...idk triangular crew battle consisting of: P-town vs. Team IOWA, Team IOWA vs. Evansville, and P-town vs. Evansville.

Chyeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
Reneblade, bring Evansville's top 5 to this ****. Then we can have like an...idk triangular crew battle consisting of: P-town vs. Team IOWA, Team IOWA vs. Evansville, and P-town vs. Evansville.

Chyeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully STL will have enough, maybe Chi town? Maybe even another few places?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
atma, I will iron man you for sure. 5 bucks. what 5 characters you want to use? and are we doing dittos or counter pick characters? (I've never iron man'd you'll have to stipulate rules to me)
Blake, 10$ falcon ditto, done deal. best of 5 since it's 10 bux. I don't wanna iron man you tho I've already played every character in your repertoire
I don't want to MM a weegee, sorry.

yoshq

Smash Master
atma, I will iron man you for sure. 5 bucks. what 5 characters you want to use? and are we doing dittos or counter pick characters? (I've never iron man'd you'll have to stipulate rules to me)
Blake, 10$ falcon ditto, done deal. best of 5 since it's 10 bux. I don't wanna iron man you tho I've already played every character in your repertoire
i'll mm falcon as well

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yoshq, be more specific please. your falcon? my falcon? dittos?
I'll mm your falcon with any of my characters (pretty much the entire high/top tier + GnW)
speaking of which
who wants to MM my GnW

darkatma

Smash Hero

the rules i've been playing with for iron man are
-choose 5 characters
-i guess we can either double blind the starter or something, doesn't matter that much
-neutral 6 stages, the person bringing the new character in gets to choose the stage, not sure about bans
and yeah.. then it's just like a crew battle, except with 5 of your own characters instead of 5 different people.

i'm not sure what 5 chars i'm choosing yet loll, i dont know what my best chars are atm

also I think i've convinced quite a few people from st louis to come, so we'd be up for crew battles for fun :p

Oh yeah, i'll take 1$ MMs against my zelda, any char best of 3 (lol but not so i lose more than 5 bucks =] )
melee, of course

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Yea Luke, $1 Gnw vs my Marth or Falco.

Btw, where is this even taking place? Brawl Crews or Melee Crews (jp)?

Sam doesn't even know about this yet. we gotta tell everyone in Ptown bout it.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Umm...I could try to tell my friend Krieg? I'm sure he'd make good friends with you Luke =P(He loves that herb, I'm not a fan though because I'm annoying as **** I've learned Friday night...no thanks =P)

And ugh...Brawl? Don't tell me I have to practice it *cries* My Wario/anything is so poopy...hell I jump right into Josh's fair spike like 5/6 times =(((( You know what, no I'm not practicing Brawl I'll just play Melee friendlies while this part is going on. Will there be TVs to do such a thing?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I will not MM anybody's marth, sheik, or fox with my GnW. Josh you got a deal with your ganon. Anthony I believe I've played that matchup with you before, but I don't want to do falco with GnW. You're free to cash battle any other of my characters though, in fact I encourage it
That iron man sounds great man. 5 bucks then. we should definitely double blind the first character. how about no bans at all? unless you want global FoD ban =D
Falcon ditto is accepted yoshq, $1?

Top Bottom