• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Timeline Discussion

*Dead Poll*

• Total voters

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Okay, so we got a good translation of that Miyamoto thing and here it is:
Text

宮本氏: (時オカ→神トラ)それから初代ときてリンクの冒険という順番になる。
(電撃64、1999年1月号)

Translation

Mr. Miyamoto: (Ocarina of Time -> A Link to the Past) are the order of Link's adventures, according to the creator.
(Dengeki64, January 1999 Issue)

Notes: Miyamoto is saying that AS OF 1999, in the whole order of things Ocarina of Time comes first, then comes A Link to the Past.
(meaning LoZ/AoL occurs after both of these)
The source is trustworthy and it's the same source that confirmed the split timeline IIRC.

Looks like the timeline definitely was OoT-LttP-LoZ in 1998.

This is very important, as it pretty much disproves the idea that OoT is still the Seal War (for a while the commonly accepted idea on ZU (until about March of last year when someone from another site came and convinced like half the people that OoT wasn't the SW) was that OoT was the SW, and the whole argument pretty much hinged on the idea that the timeline went OoT-LoZ-LttP in 1998 (showing that the OoT-LttP connection never existed, so TWW didn't break anything. But that's wrong, now we know that there was a direct connection between OoT and LttP, so TWW DID destroy the SW))

I love it when my opinions on the timeline get pretty much confirmed.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Dude, that's old info anybody who is interested in the timeline has known that for a awhile. This was before Majora's Mask even came out and now is completely outdated.

I mean how could Zelda NES follow ALTTP? Isn't Ganon still in locked up in the sacred realm? Well he isn't in the first one.

link to site. (no puns intended)
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Miyamoto_Order

Spire

III
BRoomer
Dude, that's old info anybody who is interested in the timeline has known that for a awhile. This was before Majora's Mask even came out and now is completely outdated.

I mean how could Zelda NES follow ALTTP? Isn't Ganon still in locked up in the sacred realm? Well he isn't in the first one.

link to site. (no puns intended)
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Miyamoto_Order
Do you not realize that Unable Table posted a proper, retranslated version of that interview where Miyamoto actually said that it goes:
OoT - ALttP - LoZ/AoL? The original translation says that it goes: OoT - LoZ/AoL - ALttP, but that stirs many flaws just as your link provides. Many have speculated that his order is outdated due to how many games have come out since, but now that a retranslation has come out, it proves that Miyamoto actually meant differently, thus, canceling all the flaws.

And what do you mean "how could Zelda NES follow ALttP?" It makes more sense than ALttP following Zelda NES.

OoT: Ganon is sealed in Sacred Realm/Dark World.
ALttP: Ganon invades Hyrule from the reaches of the Dark World and Link travels to it to kill him.
Pre-LoZ: Ganon is resurrected somehow, somewhere, by somebody.
LoZ: Ganon invades Hyrule once again, but is thwarted and killed by a new Link.
AoL: Ganon's followers try to resurrect him, but fail.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Do you not realize that Unable Table posted a proper, retranslated version of that interview where Miyamoto actually said that it goes:
OoT - ALttP - LoZ/AoL? The original translation says that it goes: OoT - LoZ/AoL - ALttP, but that stirs many flaws just as your link provides. Many have speculated that his order is outdated due to how many games have come out since, but now that a retranslation has come out, it proves that Miyamoto actually meant differently, thus, canceling all the flaws.
I know he said Link Past is follow by LoZ. That's what I said <_< read closely please.

And what do you mean "how could Zelda NES follow ALttP?" It makes more sense than ALttP following Zelda NES.

OoT: Ganon is sealed in Sacred Realm/Dark World.
ALttP: Ganon invades Hyrule from the reaches of the Dark World and Link travels to it to kill him.
Pre-LoZ: Ganon is resurrected somehow, somewhere, by somebody.
LoZ: Ganon invades Hyrule once again, but is thwarted and killed by a new Link.
AoL: Ganon's followers try to resurrect him, but fail.
If this is a video game series where everything is told in game then what's bolded could make ZERO sense. Just how I feel about that.

EDIT: Did you ever catch the no puns intended part? I was trying to bit somewhat humorous.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You said, "I mean how could Zelda NES follow ALTTP?". That's suggesting that you can't comprehend how LoZ/AoL could follow ALttP.

Also your grammar is hindering me from understanding exactly what you mean.

Masky

Smash Master
Okay seriously, can someone explain these things to me?

1. After Ganondorf is killed by Link in the AT ending of OoT, how is he ressurected in WW?

2. When Ganondorf is going to be executed by the sages as shown in TP, how/why does he suddenly get the ToP? Think about it this way... the whole reason Ganondorf was executed was because if he wasn't then he was going to claim the Triforce (specifically, the ToP). However, to stop this the sages attempt to execute him but he gets it anyway somehow? What? Seems a bit silly that Ganon is executed in order to prevent him from getting the triforce but then he just randomly gets it out of nowhere anyway.

3. Why does Link need to find new sages in the adult portion of OoT? There clearly already were sages around existed when Link was a child, since separate sages are seen in TP who are executing Ganondorf. Did Ganondorf kill all of the old sages in OoT while Link was asleep for 7 years?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Okay seriously, can someone explain these things to me?

1. After Ganondorf is killed by Link in the AT ending of OoT, how is he ressurected in WW?

2. When Ganondorf is going to be executed by the sages as shown in TP, how/why does he suddenly get the ToP? Think about it this way... the whole reason Ganondorf was executed was because if he wasn't then he was going to claim the Triforce (specifically, the ToP). However, to stop this the sages attempt to execute him but he gets it anyway somehow? What? Seems a bit silly that Ganon is executed for trying to get the triforce but then he just randomly gets it out of nowhere anyway.

3. Why does Link need to find new sages in the adult portion of OoT? There clearly already were sages around existed when Link was a child, since separate sages are seen in TP who are executing Ganondorf. Did Ganondorf kill all of the old sages in OoT while Link was asleep for 7 years?
1. Link did not kill Ganon in OoT, he simply wounded him enough using the sword of evil's bane so that Zelda and the sages could seal him away in the Sacred Realm/Dark World. He promised that he would break the seal and invade Hyrule again to kill the descendents of the sages to get vengeance on them.

2. Because Ganondorf received the Triforce of Power initially for striving for so much power, I think it was in that moment of facing death that he wanted so much power to overcome death and kill the Sages that he was granted the Triforce of Power. It's also been a rule of thumb that Ganon can't be killed without the Master Sword or the Silver Arrows.

3. Well, Sheik asks him to awaken the new Sages. While the Ancient Sages existed, they've proven to be weak in their power (as seen in Ganondorf's execution scene in TP), so Link seemingly needed to awaken new Sages to counter Ganondorf. Perhaps it's not so much the question of "why Link needed to find new sages," but more so a case of sages already existing in Hyrule that need a divine messenger (Link) to help bring out their power. Perhaps Ganondorf did kill the other sages while Link slept. That's a perfectly understandable explanation.

Masky

Smash Master
Oh okay, the clears some things up for me. But I still don't understand how did Ganon escape from being sealed in the Dark World in WW? Also how can Link kill Ganon at the end of TP/WW with the master sword but can't at the end of OoT?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh okay, the clears some things up for me. But I still don't understand how did Ganon escape from being sealed in the Dark World in WW?
It never explains it. All we know is that he found a way to break the seal (remember, he still has the Triforce of Power), and he did, unleashing his wrath and fury upon Hyrule, sticking to his promise that he would return. Then the Goddesses being the *****es they are flooded Hyrule. I'd love to see a game where Ganondorf actually overthrows the Goddesses and destroys the Triforce itself, effectively changing the religion and faith throughout the land permanently.

I honestly don't believe the Triforce is the ultimate power, or the Goddesses the all-powerful.

EDIT: Because in OoT, he kills the beast Ganon, not the man within. In WW and TP, he deliberately kills the mortal Ganondorf.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
To follow-up Spire, just one comment.

The Goddesses didn't flood Hyrule on their own accord, it was only after the people begged to be saved they finally had some divine intervention. If anything, it seems like they had had enough of saving Hyrule, and just decided to seal it away and try over. I mean let's face it, the Dark Interloopers story shows us the Goddesses have a number of ways of dealing with people. They just got lazy.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
EDIT: Because in OoT, he kills the beast Ganon, not the man within. In WW and TP, he deliberately kills the mortal Ganondorf.
Technically speaking, the Master Sword weakened him enough to lose the Triforce of Power in TP. It was Zant committing suicide that severed the link Ganondorf had to stay alive.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
Here's what I've noticed:

LoZ: Ganon dies. Possesses the Triforce of Power, only Silver Arrows can get the job done.
ALttP: Ganon dies. Possesses the entire Triforce and the Trident, only Silver Arrows can kill him; Master Sword helps.
OoT: Ganon is sealed. Possesses the Triforce of Power, combination of the Master Sword and Light Arrows weaken him.
Oracles: Ganon dies, however he was not correctly / fully resurrected, also lacks the Triforce.
TWW: Ganondorf dies. Does not possesses the Triforce, Master Sword kills him. Light Arrows are still effective at weakening.
FSA: Ganon is sealed. Posses the Trident, Four Sword and Zelda's magic help weaken him.
TP: Ganondorf dies. Survives many near-fatal wounds thanks to the Triforce of Power. However once he loses that power and Zant severs their connection, he dies from his wounds. Once again Light Arrows are effective.

In short, it seems to be that when Ganon(dorf) is on possession of the Triforce (or a fragment of it) he can only be killed by the Silver Arrows. The Master Sword and Light Arrows serve as effective tools for weakening him, both being created to seal evil. The Four Sword is also an effective weapon, atlhough this was against a Ganon that lacked the Triforce. When he doesn't have the Triforce the Silver Arrows are not neaded, and Ganon(dorf) can be killed by the Master Sword, while the Light Arrows remain an effective tool of weakening him. More mundane weapons are also effective.

Triforce-weilding Ganon -> can only be killed by the Silver Arrows. The Master Sword and Light Arrows remain effective weakening tools.
No-Triforce Ganon -> can be killed by mundane weapons, however "evil destroying" weapons are the best (compare the Master Sword to the Wooden/Noble Swords from Oracles).

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Managing to find a timeline in all zelda game is the worst mind**** ever. Just enjoy the games. =)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Some of the time line debates and arguments do make sence and after hearing some of them I have developed my own but there is something I need to clear up where in the time line does the orical series come into play? I can not find that one out. Please Help.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Some of the time line debates and arguments do make sence and after hearing some of them I have developed my own but there is something I need to clear up where in the time line does the orical series come into play? I can not find that one out. Please Help.
Most likely in the Child Timeline since Twinrova is still alive. Currently, I'd say the timeline plays out like this:

-----------------------MM → TP → FSA → ALttP → OoX/LA
TMC → FS → OoT—{
------------------------------WW/PH → ST → LoZ/AoL

theunabletable

Smash Lord
@Spire: A few things.
1) Personally, I doubt that Twinrova is meant to be timeline relevant in OoX, especially considering that in 2000, when OoX was released (or was it 2001?), Twinrova didn't make sense. I mean look at the timeline in 2000/2001:
OoT-LttP-LoZ
with OoX after either LoZ or LttP. Since we know that OoT was the SW in 1998-2002 (atleast. It "could" still be the SW, but that's irrelevant. TWW would've been the first thing to change anything (and it changed EVERYTHING)), the knowing whether or not the timeline was split before TWW is irrelevant to this, as the two games in which Ganon dies (LttP and LoZ) would happen on the AT if the timeline had been split in 1998 (which I honestly doubt it was. TWW was the first time anything of the sort was implied).

So, in 1998-atleast 2002, Twinrova should've been dead at the time of OoX anyways.

When OoX was released, Twinrova was most definitely not timeline relevant and made no sense (unless you assume that it's a different Twinrova, but that assumption works great for OoX on the AT, as well), and there hasn't been anything that has really retconned the intent of Twinrova. Any explanation that you'd use in 2000 to justify the existence of Twinrova works now.

So I'd say an AT OoX works, but I personally disagree with it.

2) You think that FS and FSA Link are two different Link's?

I'm too lazy to color code the Japanese quotes, so here's the post that has the translation for the intro: http://forums.legendsalliance.com/t...me-texts/page__st__150__p__380902#entry380902

And here's the translated text of the game immediately after the intro:http://forums.legendsalliance.com/t...me-texts/page__st__150__p__381858#entry381858

The fact that the intro calls the hero of FS "Link" (they've never called a previous hero "Link" when there's a current, different, Link. They ALWAYS just refer to him as a hero, never by actual name), and then only like two lines of text later calls the current hero by the exact same name, and leaves ABSOLUTELY no reason to differentiate between the two, I'd say the most logical conclusion is that they're the same Link.

Anyways, I kinda have an opinion on the timeline, but there's only one part that I'm personally convinced of, and that's:
-----------------TWW/PH-ST
TMC-FS/FSA-OoT
-----------------MM-TP

And I kinda think that the other games go after TP, but I'm not sure of what order. I think that LttP-LoZ/AoL-OoX would be the most likely order and it'd go after TP, but I'm not sure.

And I'm also not sure of where to place LA, either. The game is too **** ambiguous to reliably place some where...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hmm, I've never seen that FS translated article. I don't know why I put FSA in the CT when I've always put it before OoT.

Though there was an interview where Aonuma said (during FSA's development), and I paraphrase, "FS was intended to be based before OoT, so FSA probably will be too." This was before Miyamoto came in and changed the story of the game by removing the Master Sword, etc., so at least from this interview it can be inferred that Link was not necessarily the same as FS Link.

Also, I still see no concrete connection implying that ALttP and LoZ/AoL are in the same timeline outside of Miyamoto's timeline from 1998.

ALttP—CT:
- Landlocked Hyrule
- Seven Hylian Maidens are the descendents of the Ancient Sages because those like Saria and Darunia were never awakened
- Master Sword still present and located in ruins deep within the Lost Woods/Sacred Grove in both ALttP and TP

LoZ/AoL—AT:
- Largely aquatic Hyrule
- Towns in this Hyrule are named after the Awakened Sages in OoT
- The Master Sword is no longer present in any way, shape, or form because it's still beneath the waves in Old Hyrule

As for OoX though, it really could take place after either ALttP or AoL due to the Triforce being restored and safekept in Hyrule Castle.

Also another point of interest.. Since the rumors circulating Zelda Wii state that Link will not be using the Master Sword and that the game has a generally more 'futuristic' feel (not meaning cyberpunk or the like, but just based after any and all of the fifteen preceding games), we really can't determine whether it takes place in the Child or Adult timelines yet. In ALttP, the Master Sword was put to rest "forever", and in WW, it was sealed within Ganondorf's head beneath the waves.

I'm going to retract the timeline I last posted and revise it here:

----------------------------------------MM → TP → ALttP[/LA][OoX/(LA)]
TMC → FS[/FSA][FSA] → OoT—{
-----------------------------------------------WW/PH → ST → LoZ/AoL[/LA][OoX/(LA)]

= defined placement
= undefined placement

I've said it before, but I'll do so again: the mere fact that FSA and OoT give Ganondorf two different backstories suggests that there are in fact two different Ganons in history. There is Trident Ganon and Triforce Ganon.

Part 1: Trident Ganon
Born prior to FSA (or FS/FSA depending on whether or not it's the same Link) as Ganondorf to the Gerudo tribe. He betrayed his people by venturing into the Pyramid and stealing the Trident of Power which incased with an ancient evil, permanently transformed him into the blue pig beast Ganon. With the Trident, he created a Dark World and began to absolve Hyrule with it. Because this Ganon did not possess the Triforce of Power for it had yet to be discovered, Link was able to defeat him with the Four Sword and seal him within it.

Part 2: Triforce Ganon
A Gerudo male is born every 100 years, so following FSA by at least 100 years, it's entirely plausible for another Ganondorf to be born prior to OoT to a later generation of the Gerudo people. He was surrogately raised by the twin witches Koume and Kotake who taught him the art of dark magic. Upon tricking Link into opening the door to the Sacred Realm by removing the Master Sword from the pedestal of time, he obtained the Triforce of Power and thus led his people on a front against Hyrule during a seven year war. After entirely usurping Hyrule, he crowned himself the new ruler of the land, watching over from atop his tower. Link, with the Master Sword, Zelda, and the Light Arrows defeated Ganondorf (who had control over transforming into Ganon unlike Trident Ganon) and with the help of the Awakened Sages sealed him within the corrupt Sacred Realm—the Dark World, though different from Trident Ganon's Dark World (which he fabricated with the use of the Trident).

Part 3: Triforce Ganon's Deaths
In the Child Timeline, Link, the Hero of Winds (WW), drove the Master Sword through Ganondorf's head, absolving him of the Triforce of Power making him mortal and thus killing him. In the Adult Timeline, Link, the Hero Chosen by the Gods (TP) killed Ganondorf by thrusting the Master Sword through his wound created by the Ancient Sages in their failed attempt to execute him. As Ganondorf and Zant seemed to share a spiritual connection, Zant's spirit seemed to sever Ganondorf's last tie to life, effectively killing him also. These are the known ends of Triforce Ganon in both timelines.

Part 4: Trident Ganon's Deaths
Since Trident Ganon arose prior to the timeline split, he too exists in both timelines, sealed within the Four Sword. Because even Vaati was able to break out of the seal, it's quite obvious that it's not a very reliable prison, especially for the likes of Ganon. This Ganon could only be killed by the Silver Arrows, a reference to such mythical beasts as werewolves who could only be killed by silver bullets and the like. Come ALttP in the CT and LoZ in the AT, both Links had to slay Trident Ganon with the Silver Arrows just as their predecessors had to slay Triforce Ganon with the Master Sword. Also since the Triforce had been discovered (whereas in FSA it had not), Trident Ganon sought the relic in both timelines. In the CT, he was originally sealed within the Four Sword in the Dark World (corrupt Sacred Realm), in the Temple of the Four Sword deep within the Pyramid of Power. After breaking free of this seal, he discovered the Triforce. ALttP's backstory about the seal war seems to be a culmination of both Triforce Ganon's story during OoT and Trident Ganon's actual presence during ALttP, mixing the two up as one entity. In the AT, Trident Ganon returns in LoZ, assuming he too broke his seal on the Four Sword. Because Triforce Ganon lost the Triforce of Power upon dying in WW, Trident Ganon must have at some point found a way to the Triforce and upon being imbalanced, received only the Triforce of Power.

Now on a last note: as for how there were Moblins in TMC, I think the most logical inference is that there was in fact another Ganon even before TMC and after his defeat, his army of Moblins were sealed within the chest by the Hero of Men.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Though there was an interview where Aonuma said (during FSA's development), and I paraphrase, "FS was intended to be based before OoT, so FSA probably will be too." This was before Miyamoto came in and changed the story of the game by removing the Master Sword, etc., so at least from this interview it can be inferred that Link was not necessarily the same as FS Link.
There really isn't anything implying that they are different, though.

It's "possible" if you interpret a pre-release developer quote a certain way and ignore the fully released version of the game itself, but what is there to support it?

Also, I still see no concrete connection implying that ALttP and LoZ/AoL are in the same timeline outside of Miyamoto's timeline from 1998.
Fair enough. I mostly just dislike having games on the AT lol, but AT LoZ/AoL can work, which is why I didn't really object to it in my post.
LoZ/AoL—AT:
- Largely aquatic Hyrule
- Towns in this Hyrule are named after the Awakened Sages in OoT
- The Master Sword is no longer present in any way, shape, or form because it's still beneath the waves in Old Hyrule
That water was never meant to be attributed to the flood, however, as the flood didn't exist until, what, 14 years after AoL was released? And look at FSA, that's far more aquatic, yet the developers state that it goes pre-OoT.

The developers already put very little stake in geography, let alone a map containing water (which could exist on the CT) that's 22 years old. I mean it could mean something, but I would really say it matters much.

And the town names thing: Absolutely no mention of their name was left over after the flood in TWW. And ST doesn't have any of those town names. While, yes, the sages weren't awakened on the CT, it's just as unlikely for the towns in AoL to currently be intended to be named as such due to the sages being awakened in AT OoT.

It's really flimsy evidence.

And the MS not being in the game... well that's hardly what I'd call a timeline indicator. Only 6 of the 15 Zelda games actually have the MS.

The lack of MS doesn't really add any more evidence to the idea of AT LoZ than it does to CT LoZ.

Although in general, I agree with you.

@moblin thing: As far as I know (I could be mistaken but I don't think I am), the moblins were never stated to have come about due to Ganon. So I don't really see the moblin problem...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Fair enough. I mostly just dislike having games on the AT lol, but AT LoZ/AoL can work, which is why I didn't really object to it in my post.
That water was never meant to be attributed to the flood, however, as the flood didn't exist until, what, 14 years after AoL was released? And look at FSA, that's far more aquatic, yet the developers state that it goes pre-OoT.

The developers already put very little stake in geography, let alone a map containing water (which could exist on the CT) that's 22 years old. I mean it could mean something, but I would really say it matters much.

And the town names thing: Absolutely no mention of their name was left over after the flood in TWW. And ST doesn't have any of those town names. While, yes, the sages weren't awakened on the CT, it's just as unlikely for the towns in AoL to currently be intended to be named as such due to the sages being awakened in AT OoT.
The Hyrule seen in ST really seems to resemble the Hyrule seen in LoZ, and since that part of Hyrule was only one province (the Death Mountain province), the rest of the land would be found further north and east—where the towns named after the sages are located. If Saria, Darunia, etc. happened to make anything of themselves in the CT, then they would surely have been mentioned or survived in some form (as in something named after them) in TP, but they weren't outside of some peoples' names being similar (Impaz, Rutela—who was technically Ruto's mother, Darbus). Remember, Link and Zelda from WW ventured down to Hyrule, Link being directly exposed to the stained glass windows depicting the sages. That may not mean much, but two people seem to have some knowledge of these sages and thus, could carry that on in their colonization of a new world. It seems that it played out like this:

Link, Zelda, and crew settled southern Hyrule (at the base of the Fire Region, which later was redubbed Death Mountain). Over time, they moved their settlements further north and to the east, abandoning the original colonies. By the time LoZ rolls around, the land is heavily uncolonized and wild, housing only some stragglers in caves (lol).

theunabletable

Smash Lord
The Hyrule seen in ST really seems to resemble the Hyrule seen in LoZ
Elaborate, please. Because, as far as I know, the Hyrule of ST is FRIGGIN GIGANTIC. Whereas the Hyrule of LoZ is normal sized (AoL is a big map, but you're proposing that the ST map is merely the area of the AoL map that is the LoZ map).
If Saria, Darunia, etc. happened to make anything of themselves in the CT, then they would surely have been mentioned or survived in some form (as in something named after them) in TP, but they weren't outside of some peoples' names being similar (Impaz, Rutela—who was technically Ruto's mother, Darbus).
The same can be said of on the AT, as there is absolutely no mention of the sages in ST.
Remember, Link and Zelda from WW ventured down to Hyrule, Link being directly exposed to the stained glass windows depicting the sages.
Tell me where there is the stained glass picture of Mido, and tell me where it EVER mentions their names?

In TWW, PH, and ST, the sage's names are NEVER mentioned. Sure there's a picture of the sages (no picture of Mido, though), but the names, which are honestly more important in this context I'd say, are never ever mentioned.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I belive that there are multiple ganons, however I belive that there are fewer ganons than link's and zelda's. I belive there are about 3 to 4.ganons one in the adult and about 2 or 3 in the child time line. depending on how you interpret ganons mortality of couse so mabey five however I whould like to think the number three is fine.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
It's the only game that could possibly explain why Link wears that ridiculous hat. I think it being first makes sense.
I disagree if I remember corectly in the Minish Cap back story opening the Hero of Men was wearing a green cap though I agree with you that minish cap goes first if only because it makes the rest of the timeline conect easier. Oh is posting twice bad because if it is I am sorry. :(

Spire

III
BRoomer
Then why are there two back storys of ganon on the child timeline of couse this is me beliveing that four sword adventures is canon? :confused:
This post pretty much proves that there are TWO Ganons. Why would there be more than two if we only have two backstories?
I disagree if I remember corectly in the Minish Cap back story opening the Hero of Men was wearing a green cap though I agree with you that minish cap goes first if only because it makes the rest of the timeline conect easier. Oh is posting twice bad because if it is I am sorry. :(
TMC is the only game that would influence me to consider a third Ganon, solely because of the presence of Moblins. Moblins are followers of Ganon and they were released from the chest when Vaati broke the Four Sword, and since we know the Hero of Men sealed them and other creatures away long ago, it could be implied that he fought Ganon in the past also.

And don't doublepost anymore. Just edit your thoughts into your last post.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
This post pretty much proves that there are TWO Ganons. Why would there be more than two if we only have two backstories?

TMC is the only game that would influence me to consider a third Ganon, solely because of the presence of Moblins. Moblins are followers of Ganon and they were released from the chest when Vaati broke the Four Sword, and since we know the Hero of Men sealed them and other creatures away long ago, it could be implied that he fought Ganon in the past also.

And don't doublepost anymore. Just edit your thoughts into your last post.
To answer why I thought whould there be more than two ganons if there is only to back storys is because of the timeline split in OoT in the child ending of OoT he is sent to abiter grounds in guardo dessert. while in the adult timeline he was sealed. In DNA terms yes same ganon but there in different places doing different things so for timeline reasons I treat them as different people. Thus the plus the one to the two ganons in my reasoning.

In my TMC post I was not refering to ganon, though sence you point that out.... I do not know what to think about presence of Moblins. :confused:

Oh, Thanks for leting me know that dobble posting is bad I promise I will not do it any more.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
If you look at it in certain contexts, yes there are three Ganons. One on the Adult Timeline, two on the Child. However, the one on the Adult Timeline is the same as the one from TP on the Child Timeline, just in the alternate universe. Two Ganons, but I suppose one could count twice since he's in both universes.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
This is just my timeline attempt. If there is something missing please let me know.

_________________________ --OoT! (adult)--(UZ*)--WW@--PH@--(UZ*)--ST
(UZ*)--TMC--FS--(UZ*)---OoT!{
_________________________--OoT! (child)--MM!--(UZ*)--TP--OoX--FSA--LoZ#--AoL#--(UZ*)--ALttP^--LA^

!=Hero of Time
#=Origanal link
^=Same Link (the AttP one)
@=Hero of the Winds
(UZ*)=Unknown Zelda game/back story time

Note: I belive the ganon in the OoX was Killed and a new ganon came about around in FSA.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Actually there are three backstories.

The Seal War is the third.

There's OoT, there's FSA, and then there's the SW.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Actually there are three backstories.

The Seal War is the third.

There's OoT, there's FSA, and then there's the SW.
The seal war I do not think of it as a backstory by backstory I mean a How Ganon became Ganon, Not a why is ganon in the Dark world/Sacred realm, but thanks for your opinion anyways.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
http://www.zeldalegends.net/files/text/z3translation/z3_manual_story.html

Gives a pretty detailed description on how a Ganondorf became a Ganon, I'd say.
Wow... I never got to read the manual of Alttp because I played on a GBA emulator and never really thought about the manual. You are right on the how many # of stories ganondorf became ganon, there are three storys, I was wrong. Though it could be an already existing ganondorf you could be very well right here.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Japanese: たそがれの中に黄金色に輝くトライフォースがありました。

Romanji: tasogare no naka ni ougoniro ni kagayaku TORAIFO-SU ga arima****a.

Johan's Translation: Among the twilight was the golden shining Triforce.

Zethar-II's Translation: The Triforce was there, casting a golden light in the midst of twilight.

NOA Translation: In the gathering twilight, the Triforce shone from its resting place high above the world.

Yeah so... Twilight Princess was most definitely a retelling of ALttP.

Top Bottom