• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time to move on

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, it's been 2 years since I've been playing competitive smash and 8 years since I started playing the game (ever since 64), and I believe time has finally arrived to just stop playing this amazing game in such a serious manner and you know, move on.

It was a lot of fun meeting everyone in the Florida community and the OOS community as well, although I never really travelled that much. You guys are the best!

As of August, I'm no longer going to live in Orlando, which means that me and my roommates (skrach and sheermadness) will no longer hold smashfests at the S.O.S. smash central crib, those smashfests were the most fun, I appreciate everyone coming over and I'm glad I was able to help out with housing and a spot to get everyone together to hang out and play smash!

So, hmm shoutouts, tru?

The Noob Testament Crew:

Skrach8: Always held it down when we teamed, we kept it real.
Sheer: sickest smash 64 player in FL!!! good times brah
xYz: Best G&W of the nation in brawl!!!!
TBP: Ness will always be the ****!
Colbol: Thanks for teaming with me, you got so beast in no time, Im happy for you buddy
Dop: always cracking me up
Diego: Dude we all owe you a lot, you are the father of TNT
Bo: held it down with that nasty link!!!
The Law: yo going to pound 2 with u and colin was so much fun
Rx: Dude im so happy for you, you always said you were going to be beast in brawl and you def accomplished that.

WATO:
Hiroshi, Zoro, Marin, Vericz, UUAA, AT&T, Action B@stard, Kyon, Hungry Box. Thank you all for holding it so hard for central florida.

Cake Eaters
Exarch, Fenrir, Dark Falchion, Rohins (coolest smasher eva!!), Derf, Renth, Hozart. You guys were the first really good smashers that me and my friends met, Im glad we got to play a lot against you, you guys were the pillars of the community in Central Florida from the very beginning.

SWFL
QDVS, Rock Crock, DaShizWiz, Smash Mac, KeepSpeedn, Uba Ice, Phanna, DewDaDash, SheikSSBM, ******. You guys were the best of the best, playing with all of you was mad fun.

SEFL
Green Mario, Linguini, Doodah, Lambchops, Riot, Sighrax, Slynkee, Noucles, Xif. Coolest smashers of FL, I had the most fun hanging out with all of u.

CFL
A-L, Dguy, Vijn, Raistlin, Dark Sonic, Apollo, Harriettheguy, manko. You guys are all mad cool and nice smashers.

Brawl scene people
Garbanzo, fearless, loto, hrnut, gdx, chaz, danny, seibrik, icekid, afro. I didnt get to know u guys for as long as I knew the melee smashers but you guys are all mad cool, keep it up.

So thanks a lot for playing against me, it was nice meeting you all, sorry if i forgot to mention anyone. I hope to see u guys again!.

truuuuuu

Renth

Smash Hero
Truuuu

I loved hanging out with you man a lot of good times. Hope to see you again one day.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
OTRU, man you are an amazing metaknight. I never got much into the Melee scene so I can't say much about that. ANd I know you probably don't know who I am or whatever. I've played you a couple times and talked to you recently at FAST 1. You are one of the few smash players that have a lot of class and I respect you a lot. It's a shame that you are retiring but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck with whatever you do. And if there's ever goin to be a Smash Hall of Fame, you deserve to be in it, haha.

Peace out.

-WeeG

derf

Smash Ace
sorry to hear youre quitting man, although i might not be that far behind you myself. good times hanging out at your place and playing you and louis

Zoro

Smash Champion
I didn't want to make an entire new thread
Most people wouldnt care and some people just dont like me
Sorry to say this in your thread otru but i thought it would waste less space

I am unwillingly quitting melee and brawl for now
when i say unwilliingly i mean i dont want to quit but I have been made to do so.

Im having family problems right now and thats all im gonna say about that

Anyway
If i find a way around it I will be back at tourneys but for now , It was fun hanging with all you guys its really been an awesome time in my life. I hopefully will see you guys soon :)

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Good times Otru, had fun playing ya over the years.

Sorry to hear about that Zoro, hope everything works out for ya. Good matches.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'll miss you Joe, you were the first competitive smasher I ever looked up to (you probably didn't know that). At my first melee tournament ever, July 2007 Gigs, I saw you playing and thought "Wow, I wish I could play Fox like that", and my friend who came along happened to be in the same pool as you. Later on he was like "holy crap I got destroyed by this one Fox player, Otru, and he pointed you out. I told him that I wondered if you went to UCF or not, and he said "yea he does". I went home after that basically thinking "I have to get Otru to teach me how to play Fox, he's too good."

This really is a true story :(. I hope I see you again in the future!!!!

Renth

Smash Hero
I didn't want to make an entire new thread
Most people wouldnt care and some people just dont like me
Sorry to say this in your thread otru but i thought it would waste less space

I am unwillingly quitting melee and brawl for now
when i say unwilliingly i mean i dont want to quit but I have been made to do so.

Im having family problems right now and thats all im gonna say about that

Anyway
If i find a way around it I will be back at tourneys but for now , It was fun hanging with all you guys its really been an awesome time in my life. I hopefully will see you guys soon :)
No Offense and I'm sorry you're having family problems but...

What kind of family problems make you quit the greatest game ever made, for the worst game ever made?

Zoro

Smash Champion
No Offense and I'm sorry you're having family problems but...

What kind of family problems make you quit the greatest game ever made, for the worst game ever made?
I cant play melee or brawl

I hate brawl lol

I cant play the game anymore

at least not until i leave this house

My father hates that I put so much time and effort into it so much that he has banned the word gaming and smash(word and the game) from my house.He doesnt want me playing the game and if he sees that I do he will cut me off from everything.
I am not in a good financial situation and i cant afford to go against his word
Im a full time student on scholarship and as soon as i start working i wil be paying for insurace car payments phone bills and ill probably make just enough to cover that and gas. I doubt ill have enough for rent so I need his help at this point.

may sound silly but its that simple

Zoro

Smash Champion
I will try my best

i might use marin as an excuse because he still dont mind me seeing her and she lives a little less than an hour away so im gone most of the day on saturdays. So i might go to tourneys without his consent.
Who knows he might get over it

I just wanted everyone to know just in case i stopped showin up and they all started thinkin i got bored of the game or something.

lamugi

Smash Lord
I will try my best

i might use marin as an excuse because he still dont mind me seeing her and she lives a little less than an hour away so im gone most of the day on saturdays. So i might go to tourneys without his consent.
Who knows he might get over it

I just wanted everyone to know just in case i stopped showin up and they all started thinkin i got bored of the game or something.
thats sooooooo gay
man u were mad chill o well when you get back into it we will play!
XD

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I went through that dilemma after like 2 years of melee, and got over it by winning money AKA breaking even so my parents/friends would get off my back about it!!!

Man Joe, I hope you don't quit completely...you've always been mad chill and I thank you for all you've done for the CFL smash community!!!

:colorful:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I've done 1 singles event and 1 doubles event in the past 3-4 months. I agree its definately time to move on somewhat. I still like playing though so whenever I wanna play I'll walk over to Queenie and Rx's apartment and own them. I'll also still go to some gigs.

Top Bottom