• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time of Smash Results ~ 2/26/11 ~ Philadelphia, PA

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Hosted by Talwind, cohosted by Chibo
More people come next time, we're gonna really step up the advertising
This was rly fun

Doubles

1: Cactuar (Cactuar + Dobs) ($30.00)
2: Team Xzax (Talwind + ChiboSempai) ($10.00)
3: No Reaper (No Cash + Metal Reaper)
4: Pink Lemonade (Alicia + Ranmaru)

Singles

1: UltimaScout ($65.00)
2: Cactuar ($35.00)
3: Metal Reaper ($10.00)
4: Chibo
5: DeathKnight
5: Talwind
7: Kidney Beans
7: No Cash
9: Dobs
9: July
9: Ranmaru

Tons of vids will be up soon

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Good **** Kurt. I will watch that vid to see what I did wrong lol.

Singles

1: UltimaScout - Yet again, great Link. I need to work on alot of things. Plz tell me wat they r lol
2: Cactuar - Thanks for friendling Marth with me.
3: Metal Reaper - Yay third place. Try doing this at MAD, or even higher.
4: Chibo - 4th not bad. :p YES I AM THE TACO MASTER
5: DeathKnight - Good ****. I know you were upset but we all get upset after losing. It sucks, we put so much into the game, and sometimes we get **** on. Sometimes we **** on others. I know you can do better. I myself need practice, ugh. I'm getting rusty.
5: Talwind - PIKA PIKA. Thanks for hosting this brah. I need to get betterrrrrrrrrrr.
7: Kidney Beans - Good **** teaming lol. I WILL PILL YOU FOR LUCK.
7: No Cash - Good **** man! We need to play more, lol. I'm getting rusty. ;-;
9: Dobs - Eh man! Step up your samus game. I need to play you again so I can help you with your mistakes. If I remember anything I'll say it asap.
9: July - Thanks hun for teaming with me. : ] Don't worry, I was fine with Yoshi's Story. I know you beat Kurt once on it, but I wasn't so sure about it against two Marth's. Yet again, I insisted you team with me so I may have forced you to think competitively. My bad.

Dave: Enter mofo. Cmon!
9: Ranmaru

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
xzax money match me.

could have gotten 2nd in teams but i went peach =[

at least my loses were dj sets (last hit last stock last match)

FREE TACOS

Palpi

Smash Hero
I actually played smash yesterday for a long time...I felt soo good with my fox :p

Too bad I am NEVER EVER going to a tournament to prove my skill!

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I played Brawl at Katsucon to troll it. It was because there was nothing to do and the Melee setup was off. We put on smash balls and dominated the noobs.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
9: Dobs - Eh man! Step up your samus game. I need to play you again so I can help you with your mistakes. If I remember anything I'll say it asap.
Ugh I'm so rusty at this game I think I'm considering trying to get good again though... I go to things mostly anymore though for social aspect melee community too good

Best Grand Finals EVER! Haha, good **** everyone and I still suck at this game... damn it.
od

Agreed

Everyone I played ggs

Chibo I'm legit thinking of coming to COT5 to chill

Cactuar my shoulders hurt from carrying u in teams :) Fun times hanging out after tourney Electric Boogallo ;) that is what we should enter as a team nxt time when we defend out title

UltimaScout Best player in the world have you seen this kids Link :)

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
BTW I don't have internet, ima get everything fixed later today tho.

Shoutouts :)

Chibo - Thanks for the tourney and recording matches. I have NEVER played a Samus before, we had some really good games. Good games <3

Talwind - Thanks for the tourney, I maybe 10 more made it but I still had a lot of fun. I really like your Pikachu :)

UltimaScout - Good games (Until you went Marth <3 lol) It was really fun playing your Link. Hopefully I'll get ya next time <3 And our team would be Mazing <3

KidneyBeans - IDK if you have a smashboards acc but it was nice playing/meeting you. Your Fox and Sheik are good.

Ranmaru - You got a lot better and I underestimated your Doc, keep it up <3

No Cash - Should of stayed Marth.....But I still kinda love you I guess.....<3

Cactuar - WTF Dthrow>9 with hammer twice in the same match?

SnkeayDave - Thanks for letting me spend the night and bringing me to the venue I had a lot of fun and couldn't have done it without you <3

Deathknight - I am still alive, know what that means? <3

July - I need to play ya, I got a lot better so I can teach ya a lot more stuff :D

Dobbbbbz - Nice playing you again. friendly teams were fun also :D

Lol good **** metal reeper. All Marth?
I went Marth mostly. Then I went Sheik vs Talkwinds Pikachu, then his Mario beat my sheik lol....so then I went back Marth and won. I also went Falco vs chibo once and UltimaScout once.

jreed

Smash Cadet
wish i coulda made it got called into work last minute and lack of transport will make next tourney in philly :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Nice. Marth and falco, I think, is a good combination for your particular playstyle.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
^I'd like to see that fox sometime <3

Dobbs get good <3
I used to be :( Then brawl came out then I retired until about 09 and didn't have a legless tv until about 3 months ago but ya no johns I guess ill try to get good again...

Ppl nowadays don't eat Samus Fsmash like they used too and everyone is so much smarter when they recover I used to just wait on stage and uptilt what is all this sweetspoting nonsense lol

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I used to be :( Then brawl came out then I retired until about 09 and didn't have a legless tv until about 3 months ago but ya no johns I guess ill try to get good again...

Ppl nowadays don't eat Samus Fsmash like they used too and everyone is so much smarter when they recover I used to just wait on stage and uptilt what is all this sweetspoting nonsense lol
Your post made me lol. (about the sweetspotting)

Yeah Samus still scares me though, you're actually the first Samus I ever played, that was at MAD. Chibo gave me a hard time on Saturday.
Yeah man you should really put some time into into the game again.

Also, PA has been steppin **** up lately <3

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
^ I can't wait for that ma du, I told ya I was gonna represent Abington/Yardley.

EVERYONE. I don't think im gonna be scheduled to work on friday anymore. Whitch is good concerning tournies etc :)

I want Yardley to go to the next tourney so bad I always talk about you guys.

OMG MELO. I got the Melo combo on UltimaScout <333333333333
And I think 2 others that day :DDDDDDD I love you, srsly <3

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I actually played game by self yesterday for like 3 hrs first time in a long time I feel I would instantly be so much better if I switched to fox/falco but decided I'm gonna play only samus and spend time try to get as good as possible with her :)

Playing on brinstar to learn how to jab cancel again :) Watches Phanna's vids o we bringing it back to old school 06

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

That means you have to go out there and edgeguard. Meaning, jump off and nair as Samus. So good.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
That means you have to go out there and edgeguard. Meaning, jump off and nair as Samus. So good.
So scary lol the stage is safe I just have to adapt play style to adapt to style nowadays Ill be good again soon... everyone knows I'm sandbagging anyway check the one PA thread :)

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
^ Run off Nair edgeguard owns. Doc's should do that too.....

I love Phanna. I think he doesn't get the respect he deserves. He's always been one of my favorite Samus'. I used to main Samus and Ylink back in 06. I can still SWD consistently and do other cool stuffs.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
run off nair edgeguard or grab ledge ledge hop nair

i used it so much at this tourney lol, esp against marths
samus' nair slaps right through marth's upB

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I dont even know what you just said
Exactly lol Idk when u hit lip of edge u can instantly turn direction u r facing works with platforms too ie platform shield droping and stuff Idk IHSB is so fast with samus and I roomed with him at pound 5 so he was telling me about samus nonsense. Way it works is wave dash of stage turn directions jump nair aim back to stage to catch lip to cancel nair so u can instantly drop off and ledgehog... or whatever

After close to 6 ours of jab cancel practice i can successfully cancel jab into anything again...

Top Bottom