• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

jtm94

Smash Lord
After reading recent Lucas post I agree with what they did, but we'll have to play before coming to any kind of conclusion.
Lucas does seem a lot more fair with these changes and I agree with them, but am open to the idea that it could still be too much.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
My only problem with the Lucas nerfs is that I don't think he needs to be nerfed any harder and chances are they're not done announcing nerfs on him. Like I think he, Samus, Link and Toon Link need some slight Zair nerfs, but that's it.

Guess we'll see how 3.5 turns out :/

Jacob29

Smash Ace
I think if those were the only changes in the entire patch Lucas would still be mid-tier.

So I am glad his is getting changed in some way.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Even though melee shine is a cool move, its also the most unfair single move to exist in any smash game, lol. Itd be cool if it worked like it did in 64 or some other smash game, but I guess a lot of peeps would be unhappy about that.
I thiiiiiiiiink pikachus up b in pm has less landing lag than melee... someone could confirm or deny this.
Yes, I think this might be the case:

Meh, pikachus always been among the selecct few best recoveries, but unless all recoveries turn out to be on par with melee's pikachus gonna end up even further irrelevant when they nerf his.
It's whatever, I'll just main some other busted character.
We League of Smash now.

Ace55

Smash Lord
I dont see why Zard's would get nerfed. Sure he can get a lot of distance, but each of the recovery methods (Jumping, Gliding, Up B, Wavebounce Heatwave) all can be intercepted rather easily if the opponent is reactive. At least his glide is -fair- in that if he is hit from it he loses his jumps (Unlike Pit), and doesnt get to Up B -> Glide, or any other special recovery horizontally again (MK)
I mostly agree, Zard isn't terribly hard to challenge offstage and his recovery options actually get significantly worse after every failed attempt. However with both jumps, glide and UpB he can still recover from the depths of hell. By melee standards it's still an amazing recovery.

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Very true, but its sort of an odd case with him. He is also a very big target so it's easy for him to be sent offstage as well. Given how each attempt is harder than the last, I feel his recovery is perfectly in line with the design goal.

Also, he is a flyign type.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Zard's like Ike. Sure, he can go far, but one clean hit and he's out.
I don't think distances are the problem with PM recoveries, but how mindlessly safe they are. Zard is fine IMO, but what do I know? I'm a mega scrub.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I thiiiiiiiiink pikachus up b in pm has less landing lag than melee... someone could confirm or deny this.

oh and his side b auto grabs ledges like in brawl, I don't know if it did that in melee either.
His up B is a better recovery option because he has QaC. In melee Pikachu's onstage recovery can be punished pretty hard due to the amount of endlag, but in pm he can jump cancel, waveland, platform cancel, or even attack out of QaC. So in a sense it has no landlag. The side B can grab ledges now but it's not really that useful, anytime Pikachu has to use his side b he can be punished.

If they were to nerf Pikachu's recovery I would suggested only modifying his side B, his up b is too important to his gimp game and his on stage presence.

How can you nerf that? It isn't different then Melees
It isn't different then melee's? Where have you been? I thought you said you played as Pikachu.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
so what's the current subject of this thread?

when's the last time any of y'all got together and attempted to form a tier list?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd make a tier list, but they are coming out with a new patch soon or something

Let me be the champion of people who are lazy and want a cop out reason for not doing another one

D

Deleted member

If tink was broken, then he'd actually win tournaments

oh **** wait ****

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
My Tier List, read at your own peril.

1.) Fox
2.) Falco
3.) Falcon Punch
4.) Fox
3.) Shielda
5.) Captain Olimar
6.) Toon Link
7.) King Dedededdedeedeeedeee
8.) Wario
9.) Fox
10.) Marth/Charizard
11.) Charizard
12.) Jigglezard
13.) Ivyasur
15.) Zero Suit Marth
16.) Icansatisfyawoman
17.) Marth
18.) Mr. Game & Watch
19.) #InfiniteTethers
20.) Ness/Fox
21.) Ganondrof
22.) Naruto
23.) Shielda
24.) Meta Dedede
25.) Jigglecario
26.) Snake
27.) Owl
28.) Top Ramen
29.) Final Destination
30.) Ice Climbers
32.) Ned Stark
33.) Poor Grammar
35.) Oregon Ducks
36.) Algeria
37.) Fox
38.) Whipersnappers
39.) Roy
40.) Pirncses Peech
41.) The Beast (From Beauty and the Beast)

In no particular order, of course.

Real talk

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
Every time I see someone put a fast, small character with versatile projectiles, decent disjoints, average power, a difficult yet surprisingly effective recovery, and the Outset alternate outfit low on the tier list, it makes me chortle.

I mean, uh, TL is trash and needs buffs

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Honestly, Link's boomerang needs a nerf. Why be more creative if you can just confirm into anything out of boomerang? That's by far his strongest option, and it just kills me. This is coming from a Link main, people.

Bleck

Smash Master
oh man I can't believe I got back just in time for more talk about Link's boomerang

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
play the better link
I play to win. If Link's boomerang is his best option to win, I use it. I just think it's ******** and discourages creativity, which Link is well known for in the Smash series. Earlier in the thread, I saw Shokio referring to a Link that juggled someone offstage with the boomerang and confirmed a Fair afterwards for the kill. Stupid. Lol.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Roy might move up a few spots with the recovery nerf. If your character isn't Falco and has a **** recovery they tend to be lower in the tier list just because everyone else recovers from everywhere.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
guy totally thought I meant be the better man

no, I meant play toon link, who is empirically better in every way you dweeb

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I'm not sure yer list is a joke, as it seems to reflect an opinion someone could possibly pull from the current meta
you reduplicated luigi and kirby (and tink, but that's a pretty obvious joke) and left out ness and snake

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
no u

10char
If you want to be a Tink fanboy, go to the Brawl end of Smashboards. And I actually respect Tink in Smash as a whole. He's good in PM, but no one is really interested in representing him. Hence, he is bottom tier. You just had to come along though and say that he is better than Link in every way. In PM? Link has more kill options and a better recovery. You should know that.

Top Bottom