• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Guy said Lucas doesn't need nerfs.
Gtfo :)
Btw
Found out the blocks in the training room are about 8-10 units so about 3 of those is what Lucas's tether lost.

didds

Smash Lord
I think the down B reverse ledge grab makes up for it. It covers a lot more options than fortresshog properly timed, though fortresshog retains uses when you need to be quick.
I'm a bit late I know, but I just wanted to mention that fortresshogging is just nice when bowser is near ledge and the opponent is at center stage. Fortress Hog to Bowser's ridiculous get up attack is guddd.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i have no idea why you would struggle to read my posts on the default Dark Smashboards skin. I certainly don't struggle. Git gud, m80.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
you just aren't proficient enough at reading to meet the skill floor

also I like vriska

bug off

go complain about fox's shine or whatever else this thread does

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Who's the wise guy who posts in dark blue on a grey background forum?
Not all skins have a dark background. I'm gonna go check some of them out now.

Edit: PM skin is kind of ballin

Smashboards PM theme is master race. All other opinions invalid

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
the color of blue makes my eyes see double images of the text

Player -0

Smash Hero
I like my gray/grey color. Not even sure if it's spelled gray or grey, I'm pretty sure it depends on the country/area.... Color/Colour.

Stopped getting notifications, I'm back to haunt your dreams.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Grey is the commonwealth spelling

Gray is the American

I use a lot of commonwealth spelling despite being American, though.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I use "grey" because I prefer the way it loo----- oh crap it's the Tier List Speculation thread...

So Mewtwo right!? Jeez

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ya jeez man why is Mewtwo such a Buster

Someone should strip him of his Buster rights

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling the PMDT aren't going to nerf Pikachu enough in 3.5 and he's gonna become Top Tier along with Toon Link and whoever else gets overbuffed/undernerfed

P.S. Pikachu because he's incredibly powerful ATM while also seeming quite balanced, TL because he's incorrectly put on Bottom Tier in most Tier Lists, which would make it seem he needs buffs.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Pikachu is the most balanced character in the game. All he needs are his throws to be fixed.

Im sure the Pmdt know that Pikachu is balanced and they will not overbuff. I have faith that they will fix his grabs and maybe add a few slight buffs and changes. I hope to god they know where Pikachu really stands on the tier list.

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu's range on his normals and grabs makes me lol, and I'm always underwhelmed by the damage output of his combos. I guess his nair crossups are okay. A larger grab range and a fixed uthrow would make him feel so much more legitimate.

Also, jump cancel thunder, halve the frames of thunder jolt, replace skull bash with PK fire, and give him a sword (or gun)

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Small grab range is the price you pay when you have small arms.

Damnit Ganon.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ganon's arms are fine, he just uses incredibly bad form for grabbing someone. He's trying to headlock the life force of his opponents instead of, oh idk actually trying to grab them

Ganon's arms are probably the same size, maybe even bigger, than Marth's. Yet Ganon is too busy practicing his dumbbell curl form and posture to bother getting people

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yeah, ganon has some good arms on him. his fair is almost equivalent to michael jordan's half court dunk from space jam.
dmg's description on ganon's grab is pretty spot on. ****ing curl bros...

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
But seriously theorycraft all you want with Pikachu, I've never seen anybody but exceptionally gifted players make him seem even obliquely viable through great effort. It seems to take a disproportionate amount of tech skill and thought to get him to meet his maybe high tier potential. Pikachu is maybe the only character IMO who deserves to be made more, not less, brainless.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pikachu has the baseline tools and attributes to succeed. Besides throw release point issues or changing useless moves like Dash Attack, I would leave him completely alone and see how he does with incoming projectile/recovery/strength nerfs coming to the other characters. Being hasty with Pikachu buffs is basically asking for another "Old" Ike/Lucario/Sonic/etc

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
But seriously theorycraft all you want with Pikachu, I've never seen anybody but exceptionally gifted players make him seem even obliquely viable through great effort. It seems to take a disproportionate amount of tech skill and thought to get him to meet his maybe high tier potential. Pikachu is maybe the only character IMO who deserves to be made more, not less, brainless.
Hmm, from the matches I've seen he seems quite powerful... But maybe that's just the skill of the players now that you mention it.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
yeah, ganon has some good arms on him. his fair is almost equivalent to michael jordan's half court dunk from space jam.
dmg's description on ganon's grab is pretty spot on. ****ing curl bros...
I ****ing love space jam.

Totally top tier stuff.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Nah man I can't agree, changing Pikachu to make him more brainless would be bad game design. If someone doesn't want to put in the time and effort to learn the character than so be it.

And people always say that's pikachu only seems good because he is played by good players, but I don't buy it at all. You can pull that excuse up for like every character. I think the best thing they can do is fix his grabs, dash attack, and maybe extend his grab range.

What I don't want to see is a spammy, cheap projectile, mindlessly easy combo's, and a bunch of other dumb buffs.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You all should go to the Pikachu boards and find that one thread. Some guy wanted Pikachu to be made much smaller

Let that sink in for a bit

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Probably one of the people that wants Pichu in the game making a compromise with themselves.

Top Bottom