• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
My friend chooses fox > I choose gnw > side-b to death (i get like "9" 90% of the time just when he plays lol)

D

Deleted member

i played chu a lot this weekend. he said he wants you guys to finish kirby or ice climbers.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Honestly, I think the most important changes that G&W got from 2.5 -> 2.6 were new techroll animations that don't make him completely free when he has to land on the ground during tumble.

Nemiak temp

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think the most important changes that G&W got from 2.5 -> 2.6 was new techroll animations that don't make him completely free when he has to land on the ground during tumble.
Really? I haven't noticed that. They still seem to suck ass lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They are tricky, kind of like IC tech rolls. He stays neutral for a split second, then careens off one direction lol

Scythe

Smash Master
Honestly, I think the most important changes that G&W got from 2.5 -> 2.6 was new techroll animations that don't make him completely free when he has to land on the ground during tumble.
we weren't talking about 2.5 to 2.6 metroid!!!!

Dakpo

Smash Lord
More mobility when he came out of up-B OOS, weight impr-- wait, there is an entire thread on this in the GnW boards. Go and read it.
EDIT- screw what I said. 2.5 GnW could have placed as well as 2.6
2.1 GnW definitely had the potential to place that well, but the changes helped

Ok, read it. We got a lot of stuff in 2.5 concerning slight damage increases, Side B alterations (not that important), and physics changes to the Up-B? (didnt give us any more vertical or horizontal range)
So the damage increases seem to be awesome, and that about does it. The rest of the changes are "quality of life changes" that don't effect how the character can consistently perform. The Bucket alteration is super fun though :)
http://smashboards.com/threads/g-w-2-5-vs-g-w-2-1.332743/

2.5 to 2.6 is a little bit different story.The fixing of his Tech roll is the BEST CHANGE EVER. <3333333 much love to all the project Melee staff that worked that in.
His bacon is a curse and a blessing. It screws up combos and enables other combos then randomly kills people. People find in more annoying, but tbh it doesn't change how the character is played. The dots on his side B are another extremely fun "quality of life change"

I think that the character only needs one change and then they should stop tweaking him. They should make his Throw animation faster. Not to be confused with his grab animation, which is fine. GnW loses a lot of his Metagame in doubles because his throws are entirely to slow to be viable. This change wouldn't effect singles and I think would be reasonable. (maybe keep the down throw timing so people dont have to relearn the tech timing)
I believe this character can play fine in the metagame against any character. We just have to get better and learn the match-ups better/outplay people. I feel GnW is at the top of mid-tier. Maybe High tier with a better spot dodge

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Did somebody put a DK in your biscuit or somethin?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How can you not be a fan of something so flaky and pure?

#SouthernGoodnessMinusPaulaDeen

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
guys
i know how to 9 every time
g&w secret top tier
especially now that spacies are unplayable garbage who can't even be invincible on frame 1 anymore
keep it on the dl though

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nobody reads stuff on Smashboards. Your secret is safe.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Metroid, you still play Ike, right?
how do you feel about how Ike is right now? still decent/viable or was he hit too hard from 2.1 to 2.5? I don't know anyone who plays Ike, so its hard to judge, but i think it's a shame we don't get to see any Ike action anymore...

and whoever posted his Tierlist the page before with explanations: You forgot charizard.(Or i'm blind)

And to jayeldeee: I think i need to steal your avatar for another board! I'm sorry.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
how do you feel about how Ike is right now? still decent/viable or was he hit too hard from 2.1 to 2.5? I don't know anyone who plays Ike, so its hard to judge, but i think it's a shame we don't get to see any Ike action anymore...
Ike sucks. Don't listen to Metroid.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!

and whoever posted his Tierlist the page before with explanations: You forgot charizard.(Or i'm blind)

And to jayeldeee: I think i need to steal your avatar for another board! I'm sorry.
Ally still plays Ike. Recently just took second at a pretty large Melee/Brawl MI event. Once some video's are up I can link you them.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
You easily have the best avatar out of everyone I have seen thus far.
LOLOLOL, thank you guys. I appreciate that. Have you guys seen the I Say Shark?:
Yeah, just a silly meme. And I liked the picture. And Yomi, I don't own the rights to it. I'm just borrowing it as my own too. Have fun with it :bee:

But in all seriousness, has anyone found any tournament videos from 2.6 that maybe we can study and contemplate on? I'm trying to remember the one I watched on twitch a few weeks ago, but I can't remember if they were playing 2.5b or 2.6.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Mmk, I'll have to check all that. I haven't looked around too much recently, but since I have a little more time to kill, I'll be sure to watch those this week sometime.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Not sure if I would call GnW top of mid-tier, but I guess he's there in mid tier. That's enough for me.

Actually change some of the dumb stuff he got in 2.6 and you'll have sated me.

metroid1117

Smash Master
IMHO Ike is significantly better in 2.6 than he was in 2.5 (but still not as good as 2.1). I'm not sure how he does in the problem match-ups he had in 2.5 (Sheik, Sonic, etc.), but I doubt he'll need any major changes in future releases to retain his viability. I don't think he's top tier by any means, but I think he's as, if not more viable in the same way that Melee Falcon was viable.

As an aside, here's a $1MM I had with Rat's Wolf as Ike from a couple of weeks ago. I don't like to "toot my own horn," but if anyone was looking for Ike videos, that's my most recent one.

Ike sucks. Don't listen to Metroid.
You'll get no sympathy from me if we ever play.

(j/k again)

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
In fairness, just because Fox and Falco are crazy strong and fall fast doesn't mean there aren't other characters like Falcon and Wolf that are in a much better place balance-wise but still get trashed by things that hurt the faster falling characters.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
So what's the general consensus on Zelda, besides the fact that she's annoying as hell to fight with certain characters?

Top Bottom