• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

QraQ

Smash Ace
what all did he get? i played a dev build at sethlon's not even two weeks ago and the only outright noticable nerf was his usmash being slightly weaker. like, killing 10% later.
Simply put. Usmash doesn't launch or combo at low %. Making one of his early combo games considerably weaker.

Also, these tier list I'm seeing seem waaaaay off

Vashimus

Smash Master
These opinionated tier lists I see in this thread seem waaaay off from the correct tier list I have created in my head.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Zip zop wop boopity bop flip flop zup drop

That's exactly how I feel about TL

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Rolex is actually doing super well with him, and I think he won a teams tournament with somebody else against m2k and chibo that was awesome to watch.

FourStar

Smash Ace
so i haven't played version 2.6 yet but i see EVERYBODY dropping sonic down way low on the tier list. was he nerfed that much in 2.6?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Side B jump cancel on ground is slower (later), down B charge cannot be canceled with shield, aerial down B can not be air dodged out of, down B unleashes on its own if held for 4 seconds, fully fully charged down B is stronger, nair is weaker, flub fair sets up for combos instead of meteoring, homing attack knocks upward for followups rather than sideways, homing attack is slower?

SunJester

Smash Ace
I wouldn't take people's current opinions on Sonic as fact.

Lets wait until wizzrobe plays another tournament and see what the character REALLY can do.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Because Wizzy is the only Sonic ofc I forgot

What the character can really do now is maybe spam HA and send people to the moon

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see Sethlon try and pick up Sonic again to observe the new changes and give his opinions.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
He gave his opinions plenty in the PMBR. Sethlon helped make 2.6 sonic.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
With the amount of work he's put into not playing Sonic, I don't see him coming back to a much worse version of the character. He probably made the character fair but to actually enjoy Sonic again, idk.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
With the amount of work he's put into not playing Sonic, I don't see him coming back to a much worse version of the character. He probably made the character fair but to actually enjoy Sonic again, idk.

To be fair, I was far from the only person working on Sonic. Many others like Cmart Shell and FireBallStars put in just as much work (or much more than, in cmart's case) to make his 2.6 incarnation, not even counting the many people who voiced opinions and raised arguments about various things.

I actually really do enjoy playing as 2.6 Sonic. Its pretty hard to make the switch though, since its from Marth (who I've put tons of work into and feel extremely comfortable with) to 2.6 Sonic (who I've only played against a handful of people and generally fare worse with than my more experienced character). Some of his changes actually make me like the character more than his 2.5 version (faster fair lets you hit people with big ass hitboxes!), and if I stuck with him I think I could bring him up to the level of my Marth...but I'm not sure I'm ready or wanting to take that path.

Maybe I'll have an exhibition match or two playing as Sonic at Low Tier City, though...;)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Don't take that path, Marth gets girls (and men)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Ok, PMBR, I get it. You don't like Zard. First you nerf his dthrow so dthrow > dsmash becomes practically impossible against good opponents, but it was fine, because you put him on the map with a kill throw, a combo throw, and a good recovery..........oh wait, said recovery is too strong, let's nerf the heck outta that......aaaaaaaaaand that dsmash is still too good, let's mess with that a bit. But it's ok. Super-subtle flamethrower buffs are supposed to make up for all that. Thank you guys. Zard too good. -_-

But seriously, why the heck did you have to mess with his nair? It was fine before; now it kinda sucks at what it used to do best. Now he pretty much lacks an actual OoS option for anyone behind him, and he has one less good approach option.

Lovin' the new ROB. Thank you Based JCaesar for loving your own character enough to give him just what he needs! Definitely a high tier now, IMO.

Sheik still disgusting. If you guys don't have her up in Top Tier with Fox and Falco, I don't know what you're all smoking. Guess I'll be on SWF a bit more again, since my work is such a boring place...

Yeah, Zard. He's definitely a lot worse now.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ofc sheik is queen. BOOST GRAB SOMEONE OMG IT'S BROKEN

D

Deleted member

i think the changes in 2.6 are great. I wish sonic didnt get quite as nerfed, but like somebody said... we'll see what wizzy can do with it. Idk if this is new, but ivysaurs down b can be aimed left or right, which is sick. Links new boomerang was a good add, cept the animation doesnt match. G&W is hella good, just throwing that out there. SH Double Neutral B is so good. It's a great anti air, and it can force people into shields for an easy grab. I think they made squirtles down b faster. And his movement is still crazy. And if you hit A will holding down at a 45degree angle he does a quick shell attack. Is that new? Ness is really good imo. Who is considered the best Ness player in PM? I wish you could jump out of his magnet faster. Meta knight isnt broken which is awesome. He seems very balanced. And so does the rest of the cast, me and my friends love playing project m because we can use whoever and its always a pretty close game. So yeah, I love the new demo.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
About Sonic's Blast Attack....it seems slower. Not sure. Confirmation? I know I asked for that nerf on Diddy's upB, but his sideB too? Looks like he got hit by Lucario/Ike nerftweak hammer. Huge nerfs on specials that are supposed to be offset by subtle buffs here and there. <__<

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Awestin if he played outside of Dallas, people would go jesus christ Ness. The guy played Ness in Brawl too at an incredibly high level, he eats sleeps and dreams of Ness. Wouldn't even call it peepee riding, he's really good.

Bryonato

Green Hat
Can't wait to see more of Awestin at LTC. I here all this hype over him and have seen many 1 or 2 matches from him. I'm in the SinisterB camp as far as best Ness goes so we'll see if he can sway my opinion.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Eli's Snake player tier list:

Professor Pro
Rolex
someone else
someone else
Eli
other people
:awesome: Fixed :awesome:

Nah jkin lol, Rolex was pretty good when I saw him though, I still think he's partially coming to grips with the character and he still doesn't utilize a lot of the things that Snake has but overall I was really impressed :)

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Snake f-tilt 1st hit lock if opponent too lazy to tech then sticky him derp

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
:awesome: Fixed :awesome:

Nah jkin lol, Rolex was pretty good when I saw him though, I still think he's partially coming to grips with the character and he still doesn't utilize a lot of the things that Snake has but overall I was really impressed :)
Lol yea, not even a month or two ago he was far less good. He improved a lot, that's why I think he'll be at that 2nd top snake position like anyday now.
But nobody can touch professor ****ing pro

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
GnW isn't hella good, but he's pretty good.

iHop is a functional AA, but nothing special. He's fun tho.

If you want great AAs, look for MK. His entire character is basically anti-air.

leelue

Smash Lord
Charizard's Nair, aka the most obnoxious aerial not on a spacie, doesn't hit exactly where it used to anymore. Yup, they made an attack less insane and someone complained. Not a pattern at all.

For the most part, the direction of 2.6 seems to be "make characters normalized, see what the overall design does, and /then/ we will tweak the cast to compensate" rather than the tried and untrue alternative "from scratch, let's try to make everyone not named DDD godlike and water down from there".

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
About Sonic's Blast Attack....it seems slower. Not sure. Confirmation? I know I asked for that nerf on Diddy's upB, but his sideB too? Looks like he got hit by Lucario/Ike nerftweak hammer. Huge nerfs on specials that are supposed to be offset by subtle buffs here and there. <__<
Sonic's Blast Attack is noticeably slower to me too.

Top Bottom