• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
Seagull got dat head bobbing action so he cant be bothered to care.Yall just need to step up and get with it.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
What would that be, Chillin/Chu/Cyrain/P-Fresh/Boss?
Gahleik
victory is imminent
struggle is futile
no prisoners
0 hope
everyone dead
moms weepin
crashboards crashin
20xx meet 40xx

Last edited:

Cassio

Smash Master

The PR has some politics to it, so in a 5 v 5 we'd have
1. DEHF
2. Fly
3. DSF
4. Westballs
5. Westside/Okami/Aero

Id like to see someone find 5 players from one region that can beat that.

D

Deleted member

Well he asked 5 players from one region. Zero armada and m2k are definitely not one region lol

NickLeo

Smash Apprentice
So I made a tier list. Figured this thread could use one again. I left out ICs due to having no idea about where they stand. If anyone wants an explanation for a placement just ask.

Top Tier
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. MetaKnight
4. Diddy Kong
5. Wolf
6. Mario
7. Sheik
8. Lucas

High Tier
9. Pit
10. Link
11. Zelda
12. Snake
13. Ivysaur
14. Lucario
15. Peach
16. Ike
17. Zero Suit Samus

Upper Mid
18. Wario
19. Donkey Kong
20. Mewtwo
21. Marth
22. Rob
23. Charizard
24. Kirby
25. Sonic

Lower Mid
26. Samus
27. Toon Link
28. Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Yoshi
31. Luigi
32. King DDD
33. Roy
34. Ness

Low Tier
35. Mr. G&W
36. Bowser
37. Squirtle
38. Pikachu
39. Jigglypuff
40. Ganondorf
I agree with a decent amount of your choices, but why are G&W and falcon so low? Especially lower than olimar/tink?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
@ Cassio Cassio Socal is hella stacked. Like honestly my regional tier list *revised from like a month ago* is

SSS: Socal, TX,
SS: Chicago, AZ, FL(maybe)
S: Washington, MDVA, New Mexico/OK
then Canada, Europe, Mexico/Mexicali, rest of south america are really stacked too.

Cassio

Smash Master
CT is only good players so theyd probably own anyone in a crew battle.
@ Cassio Cassio Socal is hella stacked. Like honestly my regional tier list *revised from like a month ago* is

SSS: Socal, TX,
SS: Chicago, AZ, FL(maybe)
S: Washington, MDVA, New Mexico/OK
then Canada, Europe, Mexico/Mexicali, rest of south america are really stacked too.
This seems pretty accurate. What about NY/NJ?

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If I lived in Chicago, it'd be done. No crew could beat us in an 8v8. Actually that's probably true already.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
With no regional bias since I don't live in the States, I think it's fairly obvious that Texas would absolutely wreck anyone else in a crew battle. I heard that playing PM is a civic duty there.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
chicago's weekly tournaments aren't really indicitive of our players' skill.

and joe, I don't want to hear that we didn't play xanadu's A team. all of the players on the crew have won multiple Xanadu's except maybe 1.

and our chicago crew would be

1. Me
2. Oro?!
3. Scythe
4. Lazarond
5. Kels/Kirk/Kirkq/Rat/ take your pick

if we extend to MW crew we'd just add strong bad

1FD

Smash Ace
Region tiers orly a local beat mango in the only 2 mms they ever played and mango beats m2k in melee and m2k is good in pm but melee is harder than pm apparently so melee > pm and mango > m2k so our region > all other regions.
we win

@ NickLeo NickLeo That's what my post was talking about
That's the thing is if people like Anther are good but another good player can still come in randomly and pop a bunch of advice on him and his game goes up by a huge amount then there's still work to do even for those top players
Like i'd love to see what they discuss on the pika forums today because that old stuff made a big difference and there's still cool stuff they could talk about and learn again
All good but lots of work to do still it's a young game and small playerbase with pretty slow innovating of the game even when people do crazy innovating
Like i posted earlier too even m2k doesn't use M2s down b as a finisher and struggles with touch to deaths on floaties even when M2 is more capable of that than most
Crazy game is crazy dawg

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I agree with a decent amount of your choices, but why are G&W and falcon so low? Especially lower than olimar/tink?
On the plus side Falcon can up air this cast for days. On the negative side he is heavy and gets hurt but the cast getting tools to combo FFers betters. More characters than Sheik have incredible tech chase games. Look at Metaknight and Zard. He is still one of the more gimpable characters in the game. On stage more characters are better at dealing with DD so his movement is not as threating.

G&W is kinda in a similar boat where he has great offense but lacking defence. A really exploitable tech roll and is super light so he dies early. I see potential for G&W to be really scary but right now I feel he is outshined by too much of the cast.

1FD

Smash Ace
YOU CAN'T HIT FALCON HE'S TOO FAST AND JUST GONNA RUN AWAY SO WHY DOES COMBO GAME AGAINST HIM MATTER IT WAS ALREADY BAD FOR HIM ANYWAY!>!>!>?!??
It's like not a factor since it's not much worse than melee really
He is better against shiek and marth and spacies and jiggs in this game than in melee even for example I would say because of less easy tech chase and bigger stage so he doesn't get zoned by being chased down by them or cornered as much so how is more characters doing what they do but maybe not as good considered BAD for him!?!?
Monster size stages and more edge guard and recovery options and room to run and less cheese he can deal with projectile tossing as well as those characters can deal with his speed and range etc too even
etc
SO WHY WOULD HE BE WORSE I DON'T GET IT IT SEEMS HE JUST GOT BETTER EVEN RELATIVE TO PM CAST VS MELEE CAST

I bet this kind of thing makes it easier to picture a metal head toddler shouting lol

But yeah I think Falcon is really good in this game because of indirectly everything being better for him in pm than melee even when indirect nerfs like improved combo games for others supposedly hurts him

didds

Smash Lord

and joe, I don't want to hear that we didn't play xanadu's A team. all of the players on the crew have won multiple Xanadu's except maybe 1.

1. Me
2. Oro?!
3. Scythe
4. Lazarond

definitely extend to MW crew, I want to say my region is the best without having to be good at the game

oh MN lol....

Last edited:

XXXX1000

Smash Apprentice
The Chicago vs MDVA crew battle was obviously Chicago's B team vs Xanadu's A team. JCaesar is the only one from the MDVA crew that would get dropped, and Cyrain is a good replacement. Possibly Seagull or someone else, I haven't watched in months so IDK what's all going on there.

It's hard to quantify NYNJ at the moment because there really aren't local events with stable streaming besides BeastModeNY which usually streams without commentary or any overlays and gets like 10 viewers max. Rolex, Eli, Frozen, Gallo, NinjaLink, DJ Nintendo, Gurukid, and others are very capable players. Watch SKTAR to see how well NYNJ stacks up.

How about some actual tier list discussion though

Why are people still saying DDD is in the bottom 10 of characters? Like I legitimately don't understand, it seems to be so widely accepted by anyone who makes a list around here except for the DDD player(s) (hi Ripple) and a few others. He has amazing recovery, tons of kill moves, fantastic edgeguarding and gimping potential, gordos. Fly is doing fantastic things with him in SoCal which is definitely one of the top 2 regions. Credit to Fly, he's an incredible player, but I don't see how he is placed as low as he is so often.

edit: also a note about not being able to see ZeRo beat M2K: while the stream was hosted on MLG and they don't have archives, whomever ran the stream should have the archives. Chibo said VoDs of WHOBO will be up in a day or two, so VoDs of Fighter's Edge are on the responsibility of whomever ran the stream. Maybe MLG could make archives available but maybe they wouldn't be able to, so let's not run around blaming them just yet. But anyway, ZeRo 3-0'd M2K's Fox in WF. M2K then came from loser's and used Mewtwo and ripped ZeRo to pieces.

Last edited:

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
You're right about DDD he is pretty good definitely think he is a high mid.Though I cant really say anything more about him other than I think he has good design.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Falcon post
Falcon is worse off in PM, because he has more bad/evenish MU's and because Melee characters got notable buffs. MU's that Falcon probably won in Melee (Mario, Ness, Link, Roy, Zelda, Samus, etc) are much MUCH more even. He's competing in a game where:

1. People combo harder on average
2. People edgeguard better on average
3. The average recovery is much better than Melee
4. Range, dash speed, grab range, disjoints, good projectiles, etc are no longer special or unique and may be found on multiple newer members of the cast

There's a pretty clear case that Falcon isn't as good. His buffs were very minor in comparison, and his bad traits are still incredibly bad.

Why are people still saying DDD is in the bottom 10 of characters? Like I legitimately don't understand, it seems to be so widely accepted by anyone who makes a list around here except for the DDD player(s) (hi Ripple) and a few others. He has amazing recovery, tons of kill moves, fantastic edgeguarding and gimping potential, gordos. Fly is doing fantastic things with him in SoCal which is definitely one of the top 2 regions. Credit to Fly, he's an incredible player, but I don't see how he is placed as low as he is so often.
All depends on relativity. If D3 is above bot 10 characters, then who's below him? Lot of characters have claims for "Hey guys I'm not that bad", just look at Squirtle Luigi TL Ness Olimar Sonic blah blah blah

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

1. Me
2. Oro?!
3. Scythe
4. Lazarond

Xanadu's weekly tournaments aren't indicative of our player's skill.

And Blake, I don't want to hear we didn't play Chicago's A team. Your argument is laughable since I could literally say the same thing since not all of our good players even attend Xanadu:

The MD/VA crew could have:
1. Pink Fresh
2. Boss
3. Junebug
4. ChuDat
5. Chillin/Redd/Cyrain/Nintendude/me/Jcaesar/DP/SmashGod/Squeak/2fast/take your pick

If we extend to NC we'd add Dr. PP and Esam :smirk:.
:018:

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
except only none of the players we sent have placed top at huge monthlies except rat.

your A team still contains

pink
Boss
Chu dat
Chillin

ours is very different from the team we sent

edited: to look less dumb

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What I'm wondering is what does it matter if you beat chicago?
Your B team beat Chicagos B team... That means... Uhm....

Nothing.

You can't even say anything about it because the best from both states haven't played, so its impossible to take pride in it or use it as proof for anything.

D

Deleted member

That makes you just as bad or worse than the people you see on this thread.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Oh my god, **** this stupid ****ing thread. Can it just get locked already? It ends up going off topic very often when there's already the social thread for stupid things to be discussed. Sure there's tier talk but I don't see the point in this happening when the game's not even done yet.

jtm94

Smash Lord
Because region tier lists > character tier lists

Currently I'm just biding until any future update and letting it ride. Playing the game for what it is until it is different, whether it be tomorrow, next year, never.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
look, disregarding tier lists; who's making the crew battle round robin tournament. I want an entire event based around this

Nguz95

Smash Lord
All I see is a bunch of people who clearly don't know what it's like outside their own region. It doesn't seem that bad to me.
Edit: SSJ4 Ricky vs the world. Now that I would pay to see.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
East Coast >>>>>>>> Everything else.

#nobias
#hardtruth
#toomanyhashtags

1FD

Smash Ace
Falcon is worse off in PM, because he has more bad/evenish MU's and because Melee characters got notable buffs. MU's that Falcon probably won in Melee (Mario, Ness, Link, Roy, Zelda, Samus, etc) are much MUCH more even. He's competing in a game where:

1. People combo harder on average
2. People edgeguard better on average
3. The average recovery is much better than Melee
4. Range, dash speed, grab range, disjoints, good projectiles, etc are no longer special or unique and may be found on multiple newer members of the cast

There's a pretty clear case that Falcon isn't as good. His buffs were very minor in comparison, and his bad traits are still incredibly bad.

All depends on relativity. If D3 is above bot 10 characters, then who's below him? Lot of characters have claims for "Hey guys I'm not that bad", just look at Squirtle Luigi TL Ness Olimar Sonic blah blah blah
You just did what Nickleo just did about pikachu and missed the point BUT THATS EXACTLY IT

1. People could combo worse and Falcon wouldn't care. He's easy to combo for even the worst comboers ever so having better combo games doesn't affect him much and affects everyone else MORE than him, better or worse he'll get comboed the same regardless
2. Same with edgeguarding. Everyone in pm could edgeguard LIKE TERRIBLE GIBBLED CHICKLETS and he would still be easy to edgeguard. Better edgeguarding isn't a factor that affects him, it's like excess for him but actually makes a difference for others. Like maybe Fox/Falco etc are hurt by this because characters are better suited to cover lots of options well and that's why their recoveries are good BUT YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO COVER OPTIONS FALCON JUST DIES
Neither of those 2 things matter to him and might as well be worse than melee and it wouldn't make a difference compared to how it matters to others
3. Falcon doesn't care he has KNEE kills and if anything his BUFF in recovery is ONLY JUST FOR EDGEGUARDING which allows himn to be super liberal and free off stage more which is where most characters NEED TO BE ERDGEGUARDING IN THIS GAME with everything from distance to tethers and Falcon can do that even if his recovery barely helps him so this again is better for him than almost ANYONE ELSE INCLUDING THE TOP 8 MELEES
4. Again he already had to deal with the extremes of this being a bit of a black sheep in melee and if others have this stuff WHY WOULD HE CARE MORE THAN THE OTHER TOP 8 OR WHATEVER
He can deal with them better in PM than in Melee and now there's MORE like them but maybe a little different or whatever? SO WHAT
If anything that will make it harder on the other top 8 since that's what they LIVED ON and others becoming broken like the top 8 will un-break them but FALCON DOESN'T CARE HE ALREADY WENT THROUGH THE TRIALS AND ITS JUST MORE HEADS TO STOMP FROM THE SAME BASKET
Range, speed, grab, disjoints, projectiles, etc are no longer special or unique and are around the rest of the cast
GOOD BECAUSE FALCON DOESN'T CARE WHERE MARTH (RANGE) SPEED (FOX) GRAB (SHIEK) DISJOINTS (JIGGS) PROJECTILES (FALCO) ARE THE ONES GETTING COMPETITION
Falcon just gets to run away and camp shiek-like characters more.... SHIEK IS THE ONE THATS GONNA DIE MORE PROPORTIONALLY TO HER MELEE SELF

All of your arguments are FOR FALCON
BECAUSE FALCON
FALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Top Bottom