• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

MLGF

Smash Lord
I did not spend 4 hours in King of Fighters training room practicing my K', Kyo, and Terry combos because I was bored.
It's pretty satisfying to pull off those long combos when you have to work for them and ingrain them into your mind. I literally still remember the list of commands for my favorite K' combo.

...And I still suck at the game, imagine that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah you don't have to remember much in Marvel. Just have to think "can I OTG/bounce them off the wall"? If the answer is yes, you probably have a top tier combo

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Mario Mix is the best DDR.

Back On topic though, what do people think about the Ice Climbers? Big D has already found an infinite, and GeZ has found a way to teleport Nana a little farther than a wavedash (and faster too). It seems that they have a plethora of dangerous desyncs as well. I personally think they're considerably better than their Melee iteration, which means they're a pretty serious threat.

otter

Smash Ace
Yeah you don't have to remember much in Marvel. Just have to think "can I OTG/bounce them off the wall"? If the answer is yes, you probably have a top tier combo
It's more like "do I need to ground bounce/wall bounce them? If not, you probly have a top tier combo" you can only do each once, and since they have fixed hitstun it's optimal to let your second character use them.

Scythe

Smash Master
Chris G's morrigan play is incredible and only he can do it at that level. Zero is way more lame, 1 easy confirm into a whole team death is ridiculous. Anyways why are you guys talking about marvel? Get back on topic lol

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Big D has already found an infinite, and GeZ has found a way to teleport Nana a little farther than a wavedash (and faster too).
I actually haven't tried out Big D's infinite yet. Is it easier to do than the hand-off? If not, then it really isn't all that revolutionary.

But what's this about GeZ. This is the first time I hearing about this.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I was talking about the handoff, actually. GeZ found a way to teleport Nana with a weird combination of dair and squall hammer. Check it out on the social thread.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I was talking about the handoff, actually. GeZ found a way to teleport Nana with a weird combination of dair and squall hammer. Check it out on the social thread.
Well, it's a form of the hand-off and it could be easier to pull of execution wise.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
It's pretty satisfying to pull off those long combos when you have to work for them and ingrain them into your mind.

I'm sure it's immensely satisfying for the player to pull off baller combos in Marvel or Skullgirls or KoF, but that doesn't make it look anymore entertaining :yeahboi:

Shoutouts to Ice Climbers Brawl infinites and Wobbling

MLGF

Smash Lord
Maybe for you. But if you play the games and you're aware of how difficult some of the stuff they pull off is, it's extremely entertaining.
Your position seems to be based off your ignorance for the games themselves. Similar to how others critique Smash without playing. It's a two way street y'know.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I liked Marvel. They promised updates and stuff.

I got no Juggernaut.

Count me out Chief

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Mario Mix is the best DDR.
In terms of music...maybe.
But other than that, the game is too easy compared to the other games. It gets a little boring to me.
(I play on sticks, cause I'm too fat and lazy for a pad, don't judge me.)

On topic...I'm curious where everyone would place Mewtwo on the Tier list.
I put him in A tier.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm sure it's immensely satisfying for the player to pull off baller combos in Marvel or Skullgirls or KoF, but that doesn't make it look anymore entertaining :yeahboi:

Shoutouts to Ice Climbers Brawl infinites and Wobbling
Infinites are very different in entertainment value than normal super-long-but-not-infinite combos. Infinites are repetitive by nature, the latter can be very dynamic and unique.
That said, I generally don't get all that hype over traditional combos in SF/Marvel/etc.. In most of those cases there's not any player interaction occurring, it's 100% execution for the comboer, something I respect but don't find particularly appealing as a spectator looking for and studying the more intricate differences in play that actually separate high level players from each other. That's why I love Smash combos so much; they're always dynamic, requiring continued reaction and interaction by both players in order to continue or end. It's lovely.

And oh my I guess I've gone off-topic.
DK's broken and has autocombos :troll:

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.

marvel teaches you how to play at the title screen how could this not be a good game guys

jtm94

Smash Lord
I think what Umbreon wants isn't for Zelda to not be a campy character, but to actually have the ability to move in and directly interact with the opponent. If you consider other characters who also have the ability to be campy, they more often than not additionally have the ability to get in and fight in close quarters if needed. Toon Link immediately comes to mind as he can harass the opponent easily but can simultaneously find lots of openings to move in and create pressure. Even outside of that, he has the tools to play in up close instead of zoning and weaving in and out.
I agree so hard with this statement.
Make lightning kick sweetspot EASIER to land, BUT WEAKER(slightly).
Give her some speed to actually approach and not only benefit from camping = me happy.

ICE CLIMBERS:
I am truly sad they lost infinite hand offs. I feel like that was their bread and butter by FAR, and they got little in exchange. It just completely reset their meta(which isn't necessarily bad), and it ups their learning curve all over again because they play very differently imo.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
If either infinite came back it would have probably been wobbling, melee stuff tends to take precedence over brawl stuff
Ice climbers seem like they should still play similarly to melee, just with more desync options and every grab ending in grab combos->kill move instead of wobbling/hand offs. I could be wrong but i don't see their meta "resetting".

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I agree so hard with this statement.
Make lightning kick sweetspot EASIER to land, BUT WEAKER(slightly).
Give her some speed to actually approach and not only benefit from camping = me happy.

ICE CLIMBERS:
I am truly sad they lost infinite hand offs. I feel like that was their bread and butter by FAR, and they got little in exchange. It just completely reset their meta(which isn't necessarily bad), and it ups their learning curve all over again because they play very differently imo.
Melee sweetspot is already easy to land AND it already is weakened from Melee.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
ICE CLIMBERS:
First off, Melee hand offs have not been removed from the game. They're still there. Second, the IC's still have a perfectly well-developed meta outside of wobbling. Look at tournaments where wobbling is banned.

D

Deleted member

they grab you and then they combo you, vs they grab you and....they combo you? I thought we just decided that pure execution is boring?

Nguz95

Smash Lord
In terms of music...maybe.
But other than that, the game is too easy compared to the other games. It gets a little boring to me.
(I play on sticks, cause I'm too fat and lazy for a pad, don't judge me.)

On topic...I'm curious where everyone would place Mewtwo on the Tier list.
I put him in A tier.
i had no idea you could even play Mario Mix with a controller. It's hard as hell with the pad...

To answer your question, I think Mewtwo is definitely A Tier. He's so hard to play, but If you figure him out, he's really good. Once he gets in he can use what is one of the most potent combo games in PM.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Mario Mix hard? lol no. I went to a tournament when that game out and blind AAA'd the first 3 songs I played on "heavy".

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Guys, Hylian's an athlete. Just in case you didn't know.

Lol I'm just messing with you. I've struggled with that game many a time, but it has been about 5 years since I've played it... I especially like fishing song and the song with the twisty hotel thing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You want old school? I can remember reading about Sora the Keyblade Master. Beat that

Edit: not as old as 04, but supremely funny (and sad).

jtm94

Smash Lord
I'm saying infinite hand offs. They changed the throw point of dthrow so you can follow up with a smash attack(fsmash), or grab with Nana, but it isn't as easy as Melee, and she just tosses them who knows where. They can still net a lot of damage off of grabs because Nana fan ftilt THE crap out of the other person before you throw. Regardless they are as they are in Melee, which was like average, and lost their infinite tools which made them tournament viable.

Wobbling hasn't been getting banned from some recent tournies and I saw a large response to the MLG thing saying not to ban it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian why does your sig have a samus?

Because I used to main Samus in melee.

And lol @ DMG, I remember going to waco to play him and destroying him a couple of months after FLT went to play him.

Ripple I still see people mention that sometimes on the samus boards and am amazed anyone remembers haha.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yep. First time I ever met him was after Brawl came out oddly enough. I never knew or heard about him/his friends until someone in SA told me the legendary stories of "that guy from Waco"

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wasn't discovered through debug menu, it was discovered by Reqy, and Austin Samus player and he showed it to me then I brought it to the boards/used it and phanna named it the Hylian Lowrider.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Is this still in PM? Easier/harder?

TO THE LAB I GO

Edit: Appears to still be in. Yay

Top Bottom