• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
To be fair, Nguz... worse characters than him (Doc) has played up that high.

Also... Hax/s2j are working on it. He's aaaaalmost there.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Are we even talking about PM anymore? This convo has shifted so far from "Marth does more in Melee than Fox" into Captain Falcon tomfoolery.

Falcon buffs would only come on the defensive side to avoid getting wrecked as damn hard. That's literally it. End of discussion, pack it up and go home. If you're already at home reading this, slump into bed and stare at the wall. It's over.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ask the man himself. I'm nearly positive he's been picking up Fox under some capacity. (Melee)

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
"falcon was good in melee though"

but this isn't melee. this is a game where, in an attempt to get a lot of the cast to "combo spacies", falcon will die in a single conversion to a depressing chunk of the cast, assuming he doesn't do his usual tactic of "dashdance -> grab -> uair" which still ruins even more matchups, which is pretty unbalanced considering it means he doesn't have a single 5-5 in the game

1:1 conversions from melee doesn't mean he's automatically not allowed anything else. I'd prefer the "tweaks" (nerfs here buff there) over flat-out buffs, but yeah

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Silly KayB you're a Dinosaur what are you doing, Dinosaurs can't post on the internet you're extinct

#FalconBuffs

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
ALL I WANT IS JUST A LITTLE LESS LANDING LAG ON HIS RECOVERY IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR
No its not considering like half the cast has next to zero landing on their up b's.

Falcon's up-B is one of the easiest up-b's to intercept, i dont think it would be that much of a problem to give him very little landing lag if he actually manages to land on stage.

Papa+Stone

Banned via Administration
Ask the man himself. I'm nearly positive he's been picking up Fox under some capacity. (Melee)
The moment he gives up falcon I will make it my goal to boo him at every tournament until he quits and becomes a brawl player

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
This thread is rad.

So Ganon, Dedede, Squirtle?
Bottom Tier?
That a general consensus, or is someone around thinking Squirtle has hope who wants to clarify that the character isn't 'that' not-good-enough?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He's totally not[Viable(Not - Viable^2) + Viable(Not - Viable)]

Blue Doc

Smash Cadet
Yo is there a social thread? I want to get to know the peeps around here. Seems from what I've been reading you guys are chill.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Yo is there a social thread? I want to get to know the peeps around here. Seems from what I've been reading you guys are chill.
Funny story about the social thread not existing any more...
Long story short, there isn't a social thread anymore at least for the foreseeable future.
Anyone know if the ProjectM IRC channel is still active? If it is you can try that.

Blue Doc

Smash Cadet
Funny story about the social thread not existing any more...
Long story short, there isn't a social thread anymore at least for the foreseeable future.
Anyone know if the ProjectM IRC channel is still active? If it is you can try that.
I checked that lol. It's like a ghost town there. I think it would be awesome if the PMBR made a social site where we just get crazy. That'd be dope.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I speculate Aang being top tier in-the-future
He's be a great Smash character.
I'm gonna make apple crisps again.

Seriously though, Squirtle? Bottom Tier?
People were laughing at Pika being considered bottom among Dedede and Ganon because he'd be the only mobile one, and characters like him and Sonic can't really be that bad due to speed or whatever.
Would people laugh at Squirtle being bottom tier for the same reasons, or is it, not so laughable?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
This thread is rad.

So Ganon, Dedede, Squirtle?
Bottom Tier?
That a general consensus, or is someone around thinking Squirtle has hope who wants to clarify that the character isn't 'that' not-good-enough?
I mean I posted a mini essay a few pages back on Squirtle that no one even acknowledged, so meh

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You weren't wearing the Squirtle Shades, not my fault brah

Squirtle Analysis: FEED HIM RARE CANDIEZ

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
everyone always whines about their character being bad/nerfed/changed but I'm just over here

being meta knight

always knightin'

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
ok so. watching this GFs at PV.5

I really feel like we need concept matches of space animals

"concept match" basically meaning you get the two best players of a certain character (of relatively similar skill level) and make them play a huge set for the purpose of showing off what options those characters have

like, I'm doubtin' a lot of stuff I normally assumed, but I'm realizing that, at this point, we need far more deep understanding of these matchups before I feel confident in assuming anything

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Don't doubt anything about Spacie Animals. The second you doubt something about them...

Shine in ya face, big disgrace,

That's it. If you were expecting some masterful rendition of "We Will Rock You" with Fox and Falco, you were wrong.

Concept Match: No. Fox will shine, he will grab, he will dominate. Falco will laser and somehow flop his tiny feet to victory. It's a miracle, he's got tiny hands it's 90% fluff

MK: Fsmash to win wait don't you play Pit, ****in arrow his ass

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
new rule: if this concept match happens, DMG will do color commentary about falco's tiny featherhands

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I've done commentary before. It's a mixed bag: people in Brawl would get real salty if you weren't super serious commentating the match. Which hey, I can respect that, if it's something important or interesting or even tournament match.

Perfect example: Whobo 1. I did a fair bit of commentary there, plenty of people liked it. Was decently funny. However, some guys didn't appreciate the fact that I didn't care to talk much about Espy bodying some other Sonic IN THE DITTO. Like how do you want me to explain that? Sonic A spun around better than Sonic B and has great spacing? I'm not gonna spend time on a NON TOURNAMENT MATCH trying to be god's handbook for you people jesus christ. Stream monsters ask for so much, as they lay there in a computer chair with the speakers up and the dual monitors looking up "How to master Pikachu" on one screen, and ******** to you in chat on the other, while jugging an overcooked Hot Pocket in their laps and 12 tabs of their favorite Asian "stars" awaiting their disappointing night, a night that I surely ruined for not really giving a **** about Samus vs Link..

Top Bottom