• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I like how people who aren't "on the path" are only half a tier away in A+ tier

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The Rocky that got beat up in the first movie and lost?

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
The Rocky that got beat up in the first movie and lost?
But no one thought he had a chance. They thought he was just not up to snuff and would get destroyed, but he went the distance and made it to the very end, surpassing everyone's expectations even if he did lose. Didn't Fly Amanita get second at Low Tier City with D3, even though everyone thought D3 was a terrible character? I think the analogy works.
Edit: Fly Amanita at Low Tier City, not Atomsk at Nerd Rage. My bad.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. Imagine Dedede putting on his jogging outfit, working hard, then losing. Who's he gonna try to find after the fight, in the bloody and bruised aftermath? He ain't got no Wife, no honey. Nobody to comfort him besides his Waddles...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But no one thought he had a chance. They thought he was just not up to snuff and would get destroyed, but he went the distance and made it to the very end, surpassing everyone's expectations even if he did lose. Didn't Atomsk get second at Nerd Rage with D3, even though everyone thought D3 was a terrible character? I think the analogy works.

Uh..what? Does Atomsk even play PM? He didn't attend Nerd Rage, Oro got 2nd.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It literally is outstanding how much they look like each other. 10/10 could pull off being twins.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
But no one thought he had a chance. They thought he was just not up to snuff and would get destroyed, but he went the distance and made it to the very end, surpassing everyone's expectations even if he did lose. Didn't Fly Amanita get second at Low Tier City with D3, even though everyone thought D3 was a terrible character? I think the analogy works.
Edit: Fly Amanita at Low Tier City, not Atomsk at Nerd Rage. My bad.

Fly Amanita did get second with DDD, and Sheik, and Pit.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Dunno where he stacks on the tier list, but at the very least I don't think he's a bad character at all.
Somebody has got to be the best, and somebody the worst. Doesn't mean the best is too good and needs nerfs, or the worst is too bad and needs buffs.
Just gotta happen.

Dedede happened.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
We all know DDD and Luigi are at least S++ tier. I just wanna know if one of them is S+++ or even S++++.

Also, Plum. We gotta play some time. I'll have to send you my build or vice versa.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
S
Fox
Sheik

Also, I think Squirtle will turn out to be a lot better than most people think. Two really unique and unprecedented characteristics: extremely fast, jolty ground movement that is difficult to react to, and ability to change momentum midair with a move that instantly sets up a combo/techchase at just about any % and is difficult to punish.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
We all know DDD and Luigi are at least S++ tier. I just wanna know if one of them is S+++ or even S++++.

Also, Plum. We gotta play some time. I'll have to send you my build or vice versa.
I don't play with crimesters like you.
stop goofing

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Squirtle is bad, and I think it'll only become more apparent over time, unless people start abusing his camping potential.

Oracle

Smash Master
I think squirtle has the potential to be pretty good with a lot of tricky fast movement and dat armor. he seems really difficult to use effectively though

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Calling it now (as I've called it before): He'll have a niche in specific matchups but won't be viable without some serious camping. I would put money on it, even.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Squirtle is bad, and I think it'll only become more apparent over time, unless people start abusing his camping potential.

I strongly disagree.

Squirtle isn't bad, he's dependent. He needs you to not beat his mid-armor with a stronger attack spaced perfectly. He also needs you to be slower if possible, or not have means of killing him when he's recovering. He is also a slippery slippy turtle. He's like Bowser and Luigi had a baby.

However, he's fast, can keep momentum in pivots....his camping potential is great...especially DD camping. he can launch-grab anybody in the game lol. He's a pretty cheezy character.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Calling it now (as I've called it before): He'll have a niche in specific matchups but won't be viable without some serious camping. I would put money on it, even.
I am certain that you're wrong here. However, I wouldn't bet against you, solely for the reason that the metagame is underdeveloped and there's no way to know how many years it will take before people begin to approach optimality.

I'm not sure why you think he needs camping to be viable, when he has tons of good approaches, plenty of ways to knock the opponent down, and a move that easily covers 3/4 tech options.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Character viability money match, reflex?
You know I would. :)

And he doesn't have a great number of good approaches against characters who are generally faster and more flexible than him. Limited in too many of the places that really matter in the neutral position.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Character viability money match, reflex?
Oh man that's sounds so exciting, let's see who the cha-

*Wario*
*TL*

Oh I see, this isn't a real MM but a "Donate to Reflex" fund. Gotcha

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
You know I would. :)

And he doesn't have a great number of good approaches against characters who are generally faster and more flexible than him. Limited in too many of the places that really matter in the neutral position.

It's on! :p

Oh man that's sounds so exciting, let's see who the cha-

*Wario*
*TL*

Oh I see, this isn't a real MM but a "Donate to Reflex" fund. Gotcha
Nah TL got dis for free.

Or I could CP Fox.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
TL might as well be wielding an oversized pair of Tweezers. Little tiny baby sword.

SPOILER: REFLEX CP'S FOX AS WELL GG NO RE

Top Bottom