• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier list of Pit's moves

Afropony

Smash Lord
Every character board is making one of these so why shouldn't we?

Top: Great moves which has very great outcomes
Light Bow
Jab/s

High: Good moves which should have positive outcomes
Dtilt
Utilt
Fthrow
Fsmash
Dthrow
Fair

Mid: Fairly situational but if used correctly are useful
Nair
Uair
Dsmash
bair
Glide
Ftilt
WoI
Dair
Mirror Shield
Dash attack

Low: Not used to often because there are usually better options
uthrow
Usmash
Bthrow
Angel Rings

Fell free to give your opinion on specific moves, I am willing to change the list around:)

The list is not in it's Best to Worst order at the moment.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I dont think u can just break down attacks into one list. You would probably have to break it down into a few lists. Probably having a point system from for each list and then a combination for the final set list of the actual "tier list." I can think of 3 sub lists possibilities.

Knock back/Killing potential
Damage
Stringing attacks "combos" (Could use the current pit combo list as reference for this list)

Just my opinion. Because i dont see dash attack bad. And i love using pits dtilt and up throw. Popping ur opponent into the air is really useful. I aslo find angel rings useful to hit people who air dodge you alot, but if u dont attack they attack u instead if u wait for them to air dodge. The jabs are really useful for against spot dodge spam. Ftilt is a great killing move and also great for its range. Up air has a good duration and knock back. Idk i cant see there really being a tier list for attacks.

slash v1.0

Smash Cadet
i think the dash attack should be higher up. but that is my opinion cause i use it alot because i like to stay in close and not use my arrows a ton.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its funny if you see a thread any where on the boards, you can expect that same thread to pop up in your area in a few days. Your not going to get a good list like this, but ill toss in a few things: Uair, Nair, Dtilt should be higher (Uair and Nair cause there a great damage racker, hard to realy avoid if done right with good priority) (Dtilt cause its so fast and puts a person into the air great for Uair and Nair at mid %'s); I would move Glair down a bit cause is so easy to see comming; I would move the arrows to high (thats right a said it) cause they arn't hard to block/avoid as you can attack them to stop them and most damage or fighting takes place face to face rather then far away.

But this is one mans opinion and you can't make a good list out of moves that are so situational based on the stage, match up, play style and whats happening right now in the match.

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
I think Fthrow should be above Bair because you can chain grab with it at low percentages. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Uthrow and Dthrow both send your opponent up in the air above you (or at least, from what I remember, Uthrow does) so you can follow it up with other moves such as an Uair or even arrows.

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
On another note, why not list some advanced techniques as well. Unless you want to solely go by the basic moveset, then I understand.

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
Aw $h!t sorry for the double post and now triple post, my bad. :(

On topic, Dtilt, I think, is quick and sends your opponent up in the air which can also lead to a good set up as well, not to mention it's decent range.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I kind of wanted to make this tier list with the Pit boards and make it as accurate as possible.
Then maybe we could discuss each move and talk about when and how we use them.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
i think the only Tier of moves that should be shown is the highly spamableable..the game is fully situational..so unless the move is highly spamable or just god awful then it it is irrelevant..for instance i Fthrow into another grab into a Dthrow into a uair alot and i Wing dash a decent amount too..just most of what moves depend on DI and you situation at the time

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
That List is so bad, the placement of most of those moves is how noobs fight. Almost everything is in the wrong place.

Light Bow
Jab/s

Dtilt
Utilt
Fthrow
Fsmash
Dthrow
Fair

Nair
Uair
Dsmash
Glide
Uthrow
Ftilt
WoI
Bair
Angel Ring
Mirror Shield
Dair

Usmash
Bthrow

Bottom: Bad moves which are usually easy to punish.
Dash attack

I don't expect many people to agree with me at all. And this list is in Best to Worst order.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I still say Glair isn't that good the only time you get a good hit with it is if they mess up or you cancel it into an ^tilt then jump to ^air. And for as good as that sounds, it doesn't happen very much and is easy to see comming.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
It's great for pressuring and it ends with no lag, It doesn't always have to hit, you can angle your body so you don't get shield grabbed and it shield pokes. You shouldn't randomly start a glide in hopes for it hitting that's why it's on the bottom, but it's one of Pit's best moves against character's like olimar.
But maybe it shouldn't be glair, rather just Glide, Which you have much more options and it has amazing priority and kills fairly okay.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
It's great for pressuring and it ends with no lag, It doesn't always have to hit, you can angle your body so you don't get shield grabbed and it shield pokes. You shouldn't randomly start a glide in hopes for it hitting that's why it's on the bottom, but it's one of Pit's best moves against character's like olimar.
But maybe it shouldn't be glair, rather just Glide, Which you have much more options and it has amazing priority and kills fairly okay.
I guess your right on that. I wouldn't call it a great move, but if your counting gliding in general then its great it is after all an amazing way to recover. Im not saying its a bad move but I would call it midish at least.

Edit: I would put U air in its place and move everything below it down a spot then I think your list is about as close as most would agree on.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
nair should be top
Nair is really good, Good priority, Shield eater, Lands with no lag, and is quick. But unless you can shuffle it, than it becomes like Marth's Fair in melee.

Marth could be Shield grabbed unless he fast Fell and L-canceled if you don't space it.

Sh Nair needs to be able to do this, or you can really be punished.

It's a good move don't get me wrong, but it has it's flaws. After the Hitboxs to the Nair is over, There's about 7 frames more or less, where Pit is in the air vulnerable. Before he can hit the ground and utilt, A D3 can Sh dair him, trust me, me and m2k tested it. Also it doesn't has very good distance, You have to be right on them, or aproaching, and it has it's lag.

Also, I use it against Olimar, and they can Usmash me while I'm doing it, they're that short.....

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Nair is really good, Good priority, Shield eater, Lands with no lag, and is quick. But unless you can shuffle it, than it becomes like Marth's Fair in melee.

Marth could be Shield grabbed unless he fast Fell and L-canceled if you don't space it.

Sh Nair needs to be able to do this, or you can really be punished.

It's a good move don't get me wrong, but it has it's flaws. After the Hitboxs to the Nair is over, There's about 7 frames more or less, where Pit is in the air vulnerable. Before he can hit the ground and utilt, A D3 can Sh dair him, trust me, me and m2k tested it. Also it doesn't has very good distance, You have to be right on them, or aproaching, and it has it's lag.

Also, I use it against Olimar, and they can Usmash me while I'm doing it, they're that short.....
The only reason Rogue is so good is cause he plays with the best :p

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Pit's dtilt is underrated. It has little startup lag and is one of Pit's best moves at close range imo.

Angel Ring can be a decent defensive move as long as you aren't spamming it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
D-tilt, Arrows, Fair and MAYBE u-tilt for top tier.

But the first three moves have MASSIVE utility and safety which makes them the backbone of any good Pit's game.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
D-tilt should be top tier since it launches ur opponent in the air, which is where Pit wants his opponents.
When used correctly, and at the right time, it can be a spike, and it's a powerful one too.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
pits -air i would compare it to is the tornado.
it comes out insanely fast 3-4 frames and it covers his entire body. he also had very little landing lag for how long the move is out and it combos into itself. and the shield pressure is EXCELLENT

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think any move that sends opponents in the air are incredibly useful. I personally prefer dthrow as a grab (but thats mayb cos i also main olimar, just a natural reflex). I also find the jabs very useful. i also like the multi hit arials, theyre hard to avoid so ur likely to get a hit on

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
I agree with rogue pit's list much more because the other list has mirror shield in high tier!?!? MIRROR SHIELD BRO????

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I agree with rogue pit's list much more because the other list has mirror shield in high tier!?!? MIRROR SHIELD BRO????
I told him to put Mirror Shield in high tier for the sake of it being able to gimp most recoveries when timed right, even Metaknight's. Link, Ike, and DK are common easy targets for the shield.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Mirror shield is good, and yea it can gimp recoveries, that's why i have it at Mid, being as it's used in certain situations. You have to get the person offstage or near to gimp them with mirror shield. It isn't something you want to use a lot to have good outcomes, it's something used in a given situation at a given play to have good outcomes, Unlike the other moves which i have at high tier.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
That List is so bad, the placement of most of those moves is how noobs fight. Almost everything is in the wrong place.

Light Bow
Jab/s

Dtilt
Utilt
Fthrow
Fsmash
Dthrow
Fair

Nair
Uair
Dsmash
bair
Glide
ftilt
Uthrow
Ftilt
WoI
Dash attack
Bair
Angel Ring
Mirror Shield
Dair

uthrow
Usmash
Bthrow
Angel Ring

Dash attack

I don't expect many people to agree with me at all. And this list is in Best to Worst order.
corrections made in bold, I agree with most your list. I think i'm forgetting something.

kown

Smash Lord
This list is mainly my opinion of what i see in my own style.

Top:
Light Bow
Jab/s
Uair
grabs (in general)

High:
Dtilt
Dthrow
Utilt
Nair
Fthrow
Fair
Bair
Dair

Mid:
Nair
Glide
Utilt
Ftilt
WoI
Angel Ring
Mirror Shield
Fsmash

Low:
Usmash
Bthrow
Dsmash

Bottom:
Dash attack
Uthrow

haha this list is so different..but it is what it is

Crystanium

Smash Hero
i think the dash attack should be higher up. but that is my opinion cause i use it alot because i like to stay in close and not use my arrows a ton.
It can KO if it connects, but it's easily punished. It's not like some dash attacks where you can end up right behind your opponent without being shield-grabbed.

Rogue Pit said:
Nair is really good, Good priority, Shield eater, Lands with no lag, and is quick.
I really don't like n-air. If I use it, I usually get shield-grabbed. Someone will have to give me tips to use this aerial attack so that I won't be shield-grabbed.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
dash attack is good for punishing out of shield.
That sounds situational. It sounds situational if you are saying that it's good to attack someone who uses out of shield attacks. If you're saying that you can dash attack out of shield, then that's something new to me.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's the only thing Dash attack is really good for, it is one of Pit's most laggy attacks. It's just really better for punishing certain moves, like a missed Bowser Fsmash or something.
It does kill at about 150% depending on how close Pit is to his opponent when he uses the move. The closer Pit is to his enemy when using the Dash attack, the more knockback it has.
But as said before, laggy and very vulnerable to Shieldgrabs or even some fast smashes, that of which I have experienced.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's what I'm saying. It's easier to do if you use the c-stick to dash attack (dash, c-stick down)
this def. is useful, i use it to punish SNAKE all the time. I would also like to point out that since this move is so crappy, it is bound to be fresh when its actually used. So yea go for the punishing kill or at least pop them in the air, but dont even bother with this move EVER when opponent is at low percentages

kupo15

Smash Hero
I really don't like n-air. If I use it, I usually get shield-grabbed. Someone will have to give me tips to use this aerial attack so that I won't be shield-grabbed.
Make sure you land behind them. You can Utilt right after and you will most likely connect

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
nair at their shield then DI back. repeat until dedede gets angry lol. seriously everytime i do this they shield go for a grab then shield when they relize they missed and im owning their shields again lol.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX

Light Bow
Jab/s

Dtilt
Utilt
Fthrow
Fsmash
Dthrow
Fair

Nair
Uair
Dsmash
Glide
Uthrow
Ftilt
WoI
Bair
Angel Ring
Mirror Shield
Dair

Usmash
Bthrow

Dash attack

i agree with your list alot more then his but i still stick to what i said earlier..other then spamable move or just god awful moves, all moves are situational

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
corrections made in bold, I agree with most your list. I think i'm forgetting something.
Final List Let's end this thread.

You said:
Light Bow
Jab/s

Dtilt
Utilt
Fthrow
Fsmash
Dthrow
Fair

Nair
Uair
Dsmash
bair
Glide
Ftilt
WoI
Dash attack
Mirror Shield
Dair

uthrow
Usmash
Bthrow
Angel Rings
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I edited a bit.

Light Bow
Jab/s

Dtilt
Utilt
Fthrow
Fsmash
Dthrow
Fair

Nair
Uair
Dsmash
Glide
Bair
Ftilt
WoI
Mirror Shield
Dash Attack
Angel Rings
Dair

uthrow
Usmash
Bthrow
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to come to a mutual agreement.
What do you guys think?

I still say people don't give AR enough credit. People just leave it out too long to be punished, or use it at the wrong time, or being predictable. It can be used when recovering to the ledge from edgeguarders. They usually shield or Spot dodge aerials, AR pressures them to back up and allows you to recover to the ledge, and you can follow with a Dtilt.

I didn't give Bair enough credit that's right, I moved Dash attack up, that's basically it.

Top Bottom