• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THRILLER: This was it. Congrats to Cao, Amaterasu, Tibs, Shaya, Meteor and Unreon <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I stayed there.

All
By
Myself

The room I had was smallish. But it was better than the Formule 1 in Melbourne (I have a mark on my head from that place). Plus it had one of those awesome "set the temp of the room" air conditioners. Which I always use to freeze myself while sleeping. :p

Nothing is better than being cold and going to sleep.

I'm saying that now because it's still ****ing 32c in Adelaide. At 1am. **** off weather.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Dangit Shaya, I was going to mention the YHA. It's like right next door to Central station too.

There's a backpackers right up the street from the YHA too if anyone's interested. Can't remember the name of it but we've stayed there before, I can ask my parents about it.

Also just letting people know I can house them if they need it. I'm about an hour out by train, but still one of the closest people excluding those living in/around the city! Can fit probably up to 5-6 people max.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Is the first post going to updated with basic info like dates soon?
I need info to work with.

@Metanova: I have a commitment to helping see LanSmash grow. They've always done well by me, so I like to return the favour. That being said, it wouldn't be the first time I skipped out on LanSmash for another tournament (Genesis last year lol).

We'll see.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Why not bring all of LanSmash with you? As in promote coming to Thriller through any other upcoming tourney QLD may have... =P

We get better numbers, and they get an amazing Smash experience. It's win win.

Sieg

Smash Champion
So where is the arcade. Where is my BB:CS cab. And where is the nearest hotel to said arcade.

/clothes shopping.

/everything else fun to do in Sydney.

SHAYA. Or someone. BRING ME A LIST.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
theres a few arcades in central, if I'm staying in the city I'll show you round sieg, having had a good arcade sesh in a long time.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Because he wouldn't fit into any of Japan's clothes. I'm a large there ffs. $10 bet Splice would be a 'medium.'

And Sydney has decent shopping if you know where to look.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Because it's nice to go around shopping in a different State.

It's nice to travel around and experience things rather than sitting inside playing a game all day.

EDIT: LOL @ Cao.

Zero

Smash Hero
Soog come early Friday so we can chill :)

I can't wait to go to Japan again with some money, clothes will actually fit me there ^^^^^^

Sieg

Smash Champion
Soog come early Friday so we can chill :)

I can't wait to go to Japan again with some money, clothes will actually fit me there ^^^^^^
It's because you're a stick. Need some meat on dem bones.

Idk when I'm going in. Idk what I'll even be doing the week before it, so we'll see.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
The arcade is about 20m from the town hall rail station, which is on the same line as mascot. It's got BBCS, SF4, Tekken6, Initial D....some other asian racing game, some other racing game, and guitarfreaks/drum mania, as well as some arcade elite beat agents thing.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I know that EBA game. We have it up here too.

Hmmm.

Deff checking it out Iso.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Should I get my tickets now or is something going to happen due to the conflict with that QLD thing?

PS: Housing anyone? O:

druckey

Smash Apprentice
Also just letting people know I can house them if they need it. I'm about an hour out by train, but still one of the closest people excluding those living in/around the city! Can fit probably up to 5-6 people max.

I didn't know 1hr was considered close; I would've offered others to come stay with me then for This Is It tourney.

If I still live here (or in Sydney) come Thriller, I can house 2 people.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
You. Are already housing me. Do not forget it. Am I in those 2? Or 2 more?

Also.... umm I forgot what I was going to say.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Be quiet. I seek confirmation so I know what other possible freaks I could be plopped with.

Edit: The rest of my post doesn't belong here. *Puts in the right topic*

tedeth

Smash Master
I might be able to house some ppl. You get an amazing scenic train trip/drive. :)

Depends if I can get my beloved smother to leave the house. If I can then yeah ppl can come here.

ACT has first dibs though as per usual.

Followed by everyone else in reverse order of how much I hate you.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
is there gonna be state crew battles again? earl will stick around this time ;)

Because he wouldn't fit into any of Japan's clothes. I'm a large there ffs. $10 bet Splice would be a 'medium.'

And Sydney has decent shopping if you know where to look.
yeah im a XL here at a minimum lol

Alzi

Smash Master
So this is in April right?

Hmm if so i wonder if anymore perthians would come to this. I have a feeling i will be the only one. :(

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh i miss read that at the first page first time i read it.

idea to plan to be in Sydney on the 10th and 11th of April.

10th would be pretty awesome.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Will There Be Some Smash Fest Or Tournament On April 4th To April 17th?
well Who Ever That Someone Was Is Right Because I Might Be There.

Lol.
also Where Do You Usually Host Tournaments Or Smashfest?
is This A Sydney Major Tournament Going To Be Called Thriller?
i Should Be Coming Then.

I Will Also Win It.
I Will Teach You Guys How To Do Thriller And How To Play Toon Link.
if Somehow I Am Going On Holiday To Sydney When This Is Held And Corpse Comes Along I Am So Teaming Up With Him And We Are Going Double Toon Link And Our Team Name Shall Be:

The Toons Just Made A Toon Out Of You.
i Seriously Hope I Am In Sydney At The Time This Is Held.
do It This Easter Holidays I Should Be There.
so This Is In April Right?
ALZI FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. THE EVENT IS CALLED THRILLER AND IT WILL BE HELD ON THE 10TH AND 11TH OF APRIL. GET. THE. POINT.
F
F
S

caps rant. And all of that stuff has been answered so many times. Ugh.

Oh i miss read that at the first page first time i read it.

idea to plan to be in Sydney on the 10th and 11th of April.

10th would be pretty awesome.
Edit: *Sigh* *Slow clap?*

Sieg

Smash Champion
Go go list.

God Sydney, someone from OOS had to make a list.

WHERE ARE YOU UNNY!?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
One of the noticable things is the easter show, if you are into spending a lot of caaaaaaaassssssssh on stuff.

CAOs President of Culture at the This Is It: Thriller brigade, so of course hes out to make an awesome list :3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Shaya: Please merge this post into your first post once you update it.

CAOTIC + THUNDERMISTRESS PRESENT: THE THRILLER BRIGADE

Start Time: Friday, April 9, 2010 at 5:00pm
End Time: Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 10:00am
Street: 329 Pitt Street
City/Town: Sydney, Australia

Location Map:
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;q=329+Pitt+Street,+Sydney,+Australia&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=329+Pitt+St,+Sydney+New+South+Wales+2000,+Australia&amp;z=16&amp;ll=-33.874217,151.207704&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;q=329+Pitt+Street,+Sydney,+Australia&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=329+Pitt+St,+Sydney+New+South+Wales+2000,+Australia&amp;z=16&amp;ll=-33.874217,151.207704&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Learning the dance for Thriller?

Come and join in the rehearsals at a Sydney apartment. There should be space for at least 10 people to come and rehearse as a group. If we grow much larger that that, we'll move the rehearsals to Hyde Park.

The closest train station to the apartment is Town Hall. Please arrive at 5pm; we'll be starting at 6pm (although Smash will be provided, the focus of the meet will be for the Thriller dance). Call me on 0466-352-145 to get me to let you into the tower.

We have at least 3 other beds available at a very reasonable cost (for the Friday night only b/w $40-$60) for those who want to crash at the Meriton the night before Sydney's Thriller tournament. The serviced apartment trumps any other accommodation available for its cost. CityRail trains from Town Hall to Mascot takes approximately 10 minutes.

What to bring to bring to the rehearsals:
- VIdeocameras. We will be supplying tripods and will be shooting from multiple angles if we have the equipment to.
- Any zombified clothes, costumes, accessories. Thundermistress will likely provide the things to play with your face, such as white powder, black eyeliner and fake blood. We will be dressing up for both rehearsals and the Saturday morning before we journey to the tournament.

*Please take note Saturday is the official Zombie day of the Thriller tournament, and people are welcome to dress as comfortably as they like for the finals on Sunday.*

We will be shooting zombie footage in the following location as part of the Thriller montage:
- Meriton Pitt Street Tower (in the evening)
- Hyde Park (at night)
- Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House (at night)
- A CityRail train and Mascot Station (on Saturday morning, you'll see why)
- Throughout the tournament on Saturday
- Town Hall (if we are gutsy)

Best of luck!

CONFIRMATIONS: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=324422254807
(If you don't have Facebook, just get it)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Vroom, bit of a first post fix up.

Im sure there have been a few more quotable posts like Siegs and Scrubs in this topic, Id just love if people were to point them out to me :) [perhaps the entire songs lyrics in combo succession would be nice!]
QLDs too awesome atm.

But then theres CAO doing THRILLER DANCE CLASSES...

God **** NSW has to shape up fast!
Oh wait, S.D did a pimping promo video...

Well... then... i suppose... PERTH BETTER FIX THEMSELVES UP.
Or radelaide.

Rad

Smash Ace
There should be space for at least 10 people to come and rehearse as a group. If we grow much larger that that, we'll move the rehearsals to Hyde Park.
haha amazing

This tournament looks like a huge amount of fun. Can't wait.

- Town Hall (if we are gutsy)
I look forward to watching this, I can picture it in my head argghhhh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom