• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thread of random questions and silly comments

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
I'm tired of lots of useless threads cluttering the boards. I thought we could try to focus them into one spot.

Ironically, I added a useless thread to counter useless threads.

So ask questions away and post vids of stuff for all your pleasure

__V

Smash Journeyman
What's the correct way to tilt-lock? I only manage to get 3-4 hits and then I Utilt. Doesn't seem like much of a lock.

Squidster

Smash Ace
But useless threads are fun
Cept now i have to read through them all since i've been away

You can only tilt lock certain classes... see ankoku's thread (which you can find through stealth's thread) about tilt locking to see who you can lock for how long

__V

Smash Journeyman
Found it. Stealth's thread should be stickied.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Question!

I am learning how to DACUS and I am having a hard time doing it consistently. I need to leave my control scheme the same because I like it that way so I am using the A button because I thought that would be easiest. I can only do it right about 65% of the time and I have been practicing for like 2 or 3 days now. Does anyone have any tips on how to do it more consistently? Or practice tips?

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Sinking higher has an amazing guide to doing this(sorry to lazy to link)

Anyway just keep working at it haha thats all i can really say. Shieks Dacus is amazing however its really hard to learn compared to other characters because the frame window is intence =/

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Yeahhhh, imdavid made a thread.

The advantage against lucas as Sheik is that... i dunno. Lucas beats up on me, luckily he's just my friend's second, no one in my area likes him.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Can i double post since this is a random thread of stufffs?

I'll do it anyway

I think Sheik and Zelda should have a blended forum available. I mean the other day we were discussing both how Sheik fights falco and Zelda fights falco, in a Zelda thread. Cmoooooon.

we must revolt. Or at least transform.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
Sheik ***** lucas in this manner

Needles outcamp lucas and forces him to approach

Lucas has a terrible approaching game... and has many openings that sheik can abuse

Once your start hitting lucas... you'll find that its very easy to combo him.

Final note, just play the match up a few times and get a good grip of it, also play lucas himself. Playing as ness and lucas gives you a huge idea of their physics and aerial speeds and their weaknesses. It helps you to understand when to sneak in attacks and when to try to bair abuse off the stage them.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I bet you could. All you need are 2 ways to attack. so you could do something like A/L instead of C-stick/L.

This is probably thread worthy, but I don't feel like starting one. =/ Is Sheik's tether often used to gimp recoveries? What are good ways to abuse it? I've been thinking about running off the stage and then quickly do side-b close to the stage and when a recovery that wants to sweet spot comes in just press A and get the invincibilty while edge hogging. Is this reliable against some of the weaker recoveries (spacies', fire emblemers, links, etc)?

Phat Yoshi

Smash Cadet
The other day I was playing around against a CPU Ness, trying various ways to mess with his recovery.

I knocked him off the edge and chased after him hoping to get him with an up-b during his PK thunder.

My timing was off and vanish popped above him just as he hit himself with the bubble. As he charged thru the vanish smoke his flight path changed its angle, actually jetting him away from the stage instead of towards it. Neither of us took any damage and never actually touched.

Anyway I made it back to the ledge and he fell the other direction. Was this caused by the wind effect on vanish? Or something else?

I tried it again a few times in training mode its not hard to duplicate.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm guessing the wind knocked his position slightly off, and since the path of the PKT2 recovery depends on what part of his body the PKT hits him, instead of what angle it hits him at, you can easily mess with the direction.

Top Bottom