• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on FL Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Don't worry Fenrir, I don't take offense to anything said over the internet.

And after thinking about it for a good while, TheLaw would probably take 5th on my top 5. He is almost always in the top 4 at Gigs.

Young Ic3

Smash Journeyman

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
yeah i would put law to round out top 5 for cfl also now that i think about how high he usually places.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I kind of agree, there shouldn't be a best in Florida thing. Why should we make one? Everyone knows where they stand, and we all know who are the better players in Florida. The only thing rankings would do is tell us who has the potential to be the new best in Florida. But if we keep going to tournaments, having fun, etc. The people with potential to be the next best in Florida would be noticeable.

Linguini

Smash Master
Why not? I mean it wouldn't hurt anyone, so if you guys want to do this thing instead of discussing it get to making it right now.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I've seen at least one state (Louisiana?) that had their power ranked players organized into several tiers instead of 25 exact placements. I think this is the best approach, if one is to be taken.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah it was Louisiana.

They have alot less people though so it basically came down to
- Tier 1: top in state
- Tier 2: good smashers but never win tourneys.
- Tier 3: pot fillers, slightly n00bish

Not sure how well it'd work for Florida, but it might be a better approach. We'd just have alot more tiers and it'd likely be hard to define the range on some of them. Like where the cut off before a new tier starts I mean. LA's pretty strait forward, I've only been there like 4 times but it's pretty easy to see where people stand. FL, not so much.

edit: although with FL having so many smashers, it's a good way to have more people mentioned that would otherwise not have been listed in a numbered list.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't see why we shouldn't have a ranking list. If were the only state that is not mature enough to handle a power rankings thread then that is pritty pitiful. Yah we should definately wait till after LTEC though.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Your right, why shouldn't we have a list. But also, why should we have a list?

There is no reason for both.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well i guess it matters to the people who actually have a chance of being on the list...if your a player who would be ranked down in the 60's and **** like me...and it really doesnt matter...but i guess we can attempt tp do it...as long as we all dont start whining about it...like too much argument about placing and shiz...then we should be fine...i didnt wanna do this....but as for my top for cfl...df, fenrir, exarch(no matter who he plays as he still plays well as a person...plays very smart), hozart/law, dont blink/ uuaa (i hate that everyone overlooks uuaa...although its understandable since he really doesnt attend dat many tournaments...but dat doesnt mean he isnt good enough...finally...i went pas my top 5 mark...but i didnt know where to put derf...but he definitely needs to be up there...or at least heavily recognized cuz he is gettin nasty....of course like everybody else's list...dis is biased in some way...but oh wellz....peace

edit: hmmm...i kinda like the tier idea...there should most def b more than 3 tiers though if they do that...at least 4....4 or 5...
1) top players
2) advanced players
3)average
4)noobs

idk...maybe sumthing like dat...

-hiroshi
uber-worst fl smasher

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
If they do make the list, it should be like how you said.

With:

Top Players
Advanced Players
Average
Noobs/Beginners

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
how about instead of the last 2 tiers, the 3rd tier could be like players that are up and coming kinda thing? like players that have a lot of potential?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
guys, it'll take more than 3 tiers. FL is just too huge! >_<

probably 5 minimum.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
fine manko...then it should be like:

tier 1: top players (players who win tournaments or can get into the top 3 PRETTY consistently)

tier 2: very advanced (players dat place around the 3rd-7th place range in tournaments)(omg...dat would mean i actually have a chance of being in tier 2...woot woot)

tier 3: above average (players dat fall into the like 11th-20'sumthing place range)(they know and apply advanced skills to certain degree)

tier 4: average (players who know a very minimal amount of advanced techs and have trouble applying them)

tier 5: noobs (they dont know what an l-cancel or wavedash is)

peace

-hiroshi
uber-worst fl smasher

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Remember, you guys don't have to have like 25. You can be cool like Texas and just have a top 10 list.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
How about we do what will happen if we did it:

1) Tournament-winners
2) Friends of tournament-winners
3) Friends of tier 2 people

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
1. Gay tier players
2. Gay tier players that still lose
3. Low tier player that go fairly even with the gay tier players
4. low tier players that lose, but are still cool because they're low tier players.

I like that model...

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Oh my gosh, RockCrock is a major douche bag. I really hope he is kidding, lol.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
I'm not. Putting average players or noobs names on a list is a waste of time. What would it accomplish?

Its the power rankings, not the ****ty players that suck and don't matter rankings.

Not only is Hiroshi the worst smasher in FL, but he's also the dumbest for suggesting such a stupid idea.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I suggest you follow along how we did GA. Create a top 10. Then create a Tier 2 for those players that have the closest/best chance of making it to top 10. Then in Tier 3, comes your other players who are up and rising. Though I won't be as blunt as RockCrock I do agree that not every FL player, especially the worser known ones (is worser a word?), need to be on the list.

Also you should come up with a standard on how people will be placed. It could either be by average tournament placings, or it could involve that with additional ideas for exploration such as OOS placement. Or you can base it purely off of skill, or even a combination of the two.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wow lol. RockCrock, would you want to be on the list if you were a nub like the old days? I kind of agree, not everyone should be on the list, but atleast the people that are average should be on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom