• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on FL Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
This tread is sounding so emo..... But either way, we can't tell who is best in state because they may be beaten by one person every time and they end up getting a worse placing. THe way to do this is to have one gigantaloid pool with everyone in FLorida and the best records to the worst recoreds and bla bla bla. Too bad that'll never happen though.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Um... teiring is a good idea.
I think this state is too big to just name the top placers, The competition here is tough and it'd mean a lot of obviously good and/or noticable players would be left out.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
It really doesn't matter to me. But I guess it would be helpful for the people that are trying to get good because they want to know where they stand.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
But on that same token generally people who make an effort to play compeditively already know where they stand compared to those around them. Putting it on a board isn't really going to change it.

More than anything I think power rankings are just there to rank the players, a way for people who aren't heavy into the scene to see who is "the best".

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
It really doesn't matter to me. But I guess it would be helpful for the people that are trying to get good because they want to know where they stand.
Hehe true. But I wouldn't rank high but I think I could make at least top 30 maybe? I dunno, but I definitely will show up for the power ranking.

Also, I want to match you Shiz! I know I will lose but I just want to fight the "American Bombsoldier" ;)

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
So Shiz how about we meet in a tourny? Our next Tampa tourny is on March 10th! Plus, we're gonna have a special guest. It's said that he is the best Gannon of TN! KOping I think the name is. But I would love to have you as a special guest as well! ^_^ PM for info if your interested.

NBP Mike

Smash Journeyman
This might have already been explained but this is how the power rankings in florida work NBP 1-dahman makes it and then its official if not no one cares.

vericz

Smash Champion
we all know who is better than we are, and we all know who we can beat, and we all know who we struggle with and go back and forth with. Power ranking really aren't needed since we can already tell.
If you look at final brackets of a lot of tourney we basically know where everyone stands.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yeah but power rankings can kinda be like an incentive to play better...you might find yourself increasing in skill at a more rapid rate as a result of wanting to be on the list...or just to get close...and we do have a genreal idea of where people stand..but everybody has different opoinions...so everyones list varys a little bit...its just nice to see it in black and white.....peace

-hiroshi

1-up

Smash Journeyman
lol i think im going to start playing smash again so the noobs(for lack of a better word sorry guys) who just want to be somewhere on that list will be one spot lower!!!!!! bwa hahahaha

rice

Smash Journeyman
People from NFL have no idea where they stand, so, if you could, please don't talk for everyone. People live in different regions, and may not get the chance to play others that often, but that doesn't mean they suck or anything etc. But yea, a list would be an idea that this state could use. Cause me for one, does not know how well i do against some players considering i've played maybe a total of 9 or 10 cfl/sfl people.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
People from NFL have no idea where they stand, so, if you could, please don't talk for everyone. People live in different regions, and may not get the chance to play others that often, but that doesn't mean they suck or anything etc. But yea, a list would be an idea that this state could use. Cause me for one, does not know how well i do against some players considering i've played maybe a total of 9 or 10 cfl/sfl people.
Let me rephrase that. State wide we don't realy know where we stand, and we probablly never will since get togethers like LTEC are so rare. and between those our smaller comunities continue to changeand grow.
What I and (I'm assuming) others ment by that is for the most part we know where we stand compared to the people we play with.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Power Ranks eh? Yeah, I know a thing or 2 about em...

QDVS - if you want, find me on AIM I can give you my format for the Mid South Power Ranks which is so far working very well. Remember to get something approved by Omni before making a thread for PRs. Helps to have a format and everything in the PM.

Since FL smashing is so huge, I'd probably suggest doing regional PR within FL (top 5 from each region or something) unless you guys are just mad competitive, then go full state but have like 2 people per region on the voting committee.

Eh, I'm blabbing, look me up, I'll give you the seekrets <_<

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I dont support power rankings, but think we should list the tournaments within the last year from the different regions and the placements from 1-25.
Thats unbiased data, and its understood that you can't "judge" style and creativity by how they place (I'd choose Isaiah over Ken or PC any day), but it'd still be nice. Besides, some guys just dominate outside of tournaments anyway. blah blah blah just post up the history please.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
we all know who is better than we are, and we all know who we can beat, and we all know who we struggle with and go back and forth with. Power ranking really aren't needed since we can already tell.
If you look at final brackets of a lot of tourney we basically know where everyone stands.
That's a very good point. There really is no point of Power Rankings as he said. Because based on tournament rankings, the best person could lose to his one person he can't beat.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
First off lets decide a venue...I vote for Gigabits, even though I haven't been there yet, I heard good things about it so it has high rep I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom